Doctor in The Counseling Center
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Anxiety and Depression
Anger Management Therapy
Management of Restless Child Disorder
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for The Counseling CenterYour feedback matters!
Do you get angry easily? Do you fume when something goes against your wish? Does your blood pressure rocket when someone tells you something that you don't like? Anger is a normal emotion of human psychology, but it is equally important to keep your anger under control.Just like any other emotion, anger too varies with every individual and the circumstances.Uncontrolled anger can lead to mental and physical stress along with stress on relationships as well as your health. Therefore, it is important to practice anger management exercises to control such extremes of emotions.
1. Think before you speak:We often say something out of anger and then regret it later.This is a common condition that has been faced by almost everyone at some point of time. Do not say things abruptly without thinking. Always take your time and think over what you are about to say.
2. Express your anger once you are calm: Do not say things at the heat of the moment. Once you calm down, express your views on things that are bothering you. This will help you to express better without hurting anyone.
3. Exercise: Regular exercise is one of the best tools to reduce stress. Light meditative exercises performed on a regular basis such as a morning jog or deep breathing can control your anger to a great extent.
4. Identify the specific cause: Instead of being grumpy about things that make you angry, try to find out the root cause of the issue and eliminate it, so that you don't have to face it again. Remind yourself that anger won't solve the problem and can only make situations worse.
5. Hold no grudge: Holding on to the negative feelings can only have a negative impact on your own health. Learn to forgive others. Forgiving not only keeps the relationship healthy, but also keeps you away from stress and negative emotions.
6. Practice relaxation tactics:When your temper reaches its height, put your relaxation tactics in action. Few tactics like deep breathing or repeating words to yourself like "Take it easy" or "Calm down" can actually calm you down during critical situations.
7. Take a timeout: Take short breaks during stressful times of your day. This helps to release some of your stress and calm you down. You may also listen to music, take a light snack or do something that you like, to spend some time away from stressful conditions of your daily routine.
Depression is an addictive state which is hard to get rid of. Everybody who suffers from it encounters it in an unexpected way, yet we all agree that it can be a major wellbeing issue. It makes a person miserable or disappointed or restless or numb for long and tedious timeframes and is debilitating - particularly when you can't demonstrate to anybody about your feelings and worries. It can meddle with your productivity and can become a concern not only in workplaces but also in social circles.
1. Never Say 'You're Too Much'
When someone with depression is told "you're very much," particularly by somebody near them, it can send them spiralling into blame and nervousness and bitterness. Being encouraging and empowering is likewise useful.
2. Try not to Shame People for Being Negative
Dejection changes the world into a scene of pessimism. Discouraged individuals don't just focus on the negatives, but they also disregard the positives.
3. Do Understand That Depression Doesn't Mean "Trouble"
Melancholy is a condition with an assortment of side effects like exhaustion, confused mental state and rest issues. These are all side effects of melancholy. Crabbiness is an exceptionally basic side effect which once in a while is encountered by many individuals, and can lead to an expanded sensitivity.
Normally, it's difficult to be sympathetic to someone who is behaving grumpily. But you need to make a conscious effort to still see the positive in depressed individuals and lead them to hope.
4. Do Validate
Approval can help manage a depressed state and can wean a friend or family member out of depression. Remember that someone with dejection is not living in the same universe as you. The laws that oversee your universe don't exist in theirs.
Depressed individuals require your understanding, your empathy, and your affection - considerably more when they are having a troublesome day or week or month. It is hard but possible. Discouraged individuals value positive backing in particular.
Fear is a very crippling feeling, which you might have to go through various situations of life. You might be scared of heights, darkness, and public speaking even scared of being lonely. Fear is very difficult to overcome as it can debilitate you and render you useless. Even if you cannot be superhuman, you can at least aim to be someone who can confront his/her fear and render the fear useless.
1. Breathe: Breathing slowly and deeply actually helps. It calms your nerves and relaxes you. Short and shallow breaths can trigger panic and fear. If you breathe out longer than the time you take to breathe in, your body relaxes immediately. Try it; it actually works the best. Whenever you feel that you are panicking or that you are feeling afraid, take deep breaths. Concentrate on your breathing. Count till 7 when you breathe in and till 11 when you breathe out. You will be surprised to find out how quickly you have calmed down.
2. Identify the fear: This is a very important step as you need to figure out why you are scared or afraid. There has to be a specific reason behind every single fear that you have. Try to identify that reason. Delve deep into your memory and try figuring out what exactly evoked the fear. Once you know the reason, you will be able to understand the base of your fear, and you will find it easier to overcome.
3. Get ready to be peaceful: If you start feeling anxious, nervous or afraid, breathe in and out. Then think of how you will get positive outcomes from the particular act you are being anxious about. If you have to go into a dark room to get something and you are afraid of darkness, just think how you will be able to get what you desire if only you step into the darkness for a fraction of second. This will help build your confidence and will slowly get you accustomed to moving on with your fear.
4. Control what you imagine: If you are afraid of something, whether tangible or not, your imaginations about it will run wild. You might start imagining stuff which are not even real or which might just ingrain your mind and establish the fear on solid ground. Hence it is high time you need to control your imagination. Imagination is a very unique gift if you want to create something beautiful, which will help encourage you. But if you start imagining how a spider will just grow in size and number and will fly towards you, then you have to put a lid on it.
Being afraid is common. Even the bravest people are afraid. Don't be embarrassed about that. Just face it and try to let go of it.
Being confident is a very essential quality for all human beings, irrespective of their age or profession. Boosting up your confidence level will not only make you feel good about yourself but will also help you to keep your feet firmly on the ground, no matter what situation you have to encounter in your daily life. Self -confidence also helps you to create a very good impression of yourself and gives you an edge over others, especially when you are trying to seek a job or representing your company or educational institute.
- Think positively. Positive thinking can help you see the better side of every situation you confront. Thus, it can increase your confidence level.
- Being prepared to face new challenges in life and accepting those challenges is another crucial step for improving your level of confidence.
- Volunteer for different causes and activities. You may consider volunteering for social causes or you may also volunteer for different activities at your workplace or institution. This is a very important step for boosting up your confidence.
- Try to visualize your success. If you can see it before your eyes, you can achieve it too. Imagining yourself as successful will automatically elevate your confidence level.
- Find out the true purpose of your life. This will add meaning to your life and thus, can increase your confidence to a whole new level.
- Connect with others more often. Staying alienated most of the time can bring down your confidence level. The more you connect, the more confident you will become.
- Never underestimate yourself and your abilities. Have a strong belief in who you are and what you are capable of. This can make you more confident.
- Try to stay fit and healthy. As we all know health is wealth. Being healthy and fit always will make you feel good about yourself and will thus enhance your level of confidence.
Along with the aforesaid tips, remember to smile always. A bright face will automatically make you appear more confident to others.