Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Submit a review for The Cedar ClinicsYour feedback matters!
I am 23 year old. and got sex on 12 march. I took I pill at that night. It is 23 march today and yet I do not have period. What should I do? Am I pregnant? please suggest doctor.
Let's all break the taboo against psychiatry and accept it as any other field of Medicine. Let's all join and raise awareness and spread the message "Dignity in mental health" and treat people suffering from such illness with respect.
Join hands, help break the taboo.
Let me clear some common misconceptions we have about psychiatry today:
- People suffering from mental illness are not "mentally disturbed" there are different kinds of problems and we should stop labelling them.
- Psychiatric medications are NOT addictive!
- You are "NOT WEAK" if you seek help of psychiatrist. In fact you are mentally strong and mature enough to understand you have a problem and will do what is right to solve it rather than running away from and issue
- Illness is not under patients control it is not all In their head!
- Hypertension and diabetes are all long term illnesses we take medications for that them, then why not for depression and other psychiatric illnesses?
- This is just an imbalance of neurochemicals, just treat it and lead a peaceful life.
- Psychiatric illnesses are treatable.
Hope this helps and clears some doubts lingering in our minds.
Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Rather, its about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, stabilising your mood. If you feel overwhelmed by all the conflicting nutrition and diet advice out there, you're not alone. It seems that for every expert who tells you a certain food is good for you, you'll find another saying exactly the opposite.
What you can do:
1. learn how your diet affects your mental as well as your physical health
2. set yourself up for success by making changes gradually
3. don't think of food as" off limits"
4. reduce your portion sizes -and fill up with more fruit and veg
5. learn to spot hidden sugar in your food and avoid it
6. differentiate between healthy and unhealthy fats
7. find out how fiber intake can fill you and help lose weight
8. drinking plenty of water and keeping well hydrated
We all know that eating right can help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid certain health problems. Studies have linked eating a typical western diet filled with processed meats, packaged meals, takeout food and sugary snacks with higher rates of depression, stress, bipolar disorders and anxiety. Eating an unhealthy diet may even play role in development if mental health disorders such as alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia or an increased risk of suicide in young people.
Instead if emphasising one nutrient, we need to move to food based recommendations. What we eat should be whole, minimally processed, nutritious food as close to its natural form as possible.
- Eat breakfast and eat smaller meals throughout the day
- Avoid eating late at night
- Cut back on sugar
- Moderation and not feeling stuffed is the key to a healthy diet
- We need a balance of proteins, fat, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals to sustain a healthy body.
If you've sworn off some of your favourite foods for fear that they are harming your health, take heart research shows that some of that foods we thought were unhealthy can actually be good for you
1 eggs make your cholesterol go up
Studies indicate that fat in eggs is mostly polyunsaturated and monounsaturated and the yolk is an excellent source of the antioxidant lutein, which can lower certain inflammatory responses in the body. Eggs easily fit into a healthy lifestyle, so enjoy an omelet for breakfast and see how satisfied you are the rest if the day.
2 drinking juice is healthy
Research shows juice is pretty much the same as sugar water, minus the fiber that helps stabilise your blood sugar when eating a fruit. Skip the juice and eat a few pieces of fruit per day ti improve your health
3 green tea does it help to lose fat
Green tea is more than just hot, flavoured water. A cup of green tea may contain much less caffeine (24-40mgs) than a cup of coffee. Caffeine is a well known stimulant, has been known to aid fat burning and improve exercise performance. It contains massive range of antioxidants called catechins, that can boost metabolism and may help in burning fat.
4 dies drinking red wine protect your heart
Red wine contains high level of a phytochemical called resreratrol, which acts as an antioxidant and reduces inflammation, may slow ageing process.
Alcohol in wine raises hdl ('good') cholesterol and seems to make blood less likely to clot. No more than a drink for women or two drinks for men may offer some benefits and probably can't hurt
5 is it scientifically true that you should not drink milk after eating fish, as it may cause a skin disorder
Fish with milk has no scientifically or medically established connection to leucoderma or vitiligo. This notion has been explored and the question was scientifically laid to rest years ago
Vaginal yeast infection is a common fungal infection of the genitals. It causes inflammation, irritation, itching, and vaginal discharge. It most commonly affects women, but men can get it too.
Tips to Cure a Yeast Infection:
1) Drink plenty of water.
2) Eat yogurts daily.
3) Choose cotton and loose underwear.
4) Sleep well.
5) Change clothes after workouts.
6) Include garlic preparing meals.
7) Eat food rich in Vitamin C e.g. kiwi, oranges, etc.
8) Avoid tight-fitting jeans and pants.
9) Avoid wearing synthetic, tight fitting cloths and underwear.
10) Don’t eat sugary products e.g. candies, sweets etc.
11) Avoid taking stress.
Addiction is the absolute dependency on a particular substance or situation. Substance addiction includes a variety of substances apart from alcohol and drugs. Examples include porn, food, chocolate, nicotine, etc. Situation addiction includes gambling, shopping and sex among others. The problem in our society with addiction is it is treated like a choice than as a major problem faced by an individual. De-addiction is the process of ridding the individual of his dependence on certain substances or activities.
- Rehabilitation psychology studies the process of de-addiction and helps addicts blend with the normal lifestyle. Rehab centers offer several forms of therapy to reduce substance usage.
- Group therapy is always the go to form of therapeutic technique to deal with cases of addiction owing to the common feeling among users that people who aren’t addicted and do not know what they’re going through. In those cases, it is rather important to have support from a group of people who are exactly where they are.
- Family therapy is also essential to make the individual know how their loved ones feel and also remind them of the unconditional support. Some rehab centers also use the horse therapy (focuses on interaction with horses which facilitates emotional and occupational development in patients) which is rather interesting to witness.
- In addition to therapy, rehab centers teach life skills and cooperation. Apart from all this, drugs are also prescribed to deal with addiction along with the weekly scheduled personal therapy sessions.
Although an unfamiliar concept in India, halfway homes are the next step after the rehab. The individuals learn different skills and ways to manage themselves outside the house while still continuing their therapy. This is done to make sure one doesn’t relapse right after the rehabilitation has been completed. Most rehabs also suggest support group meetings. Even otherwise support groups are extremely effective in the de-addiction process. ‘Alcoholics Anonymous’ and ‘Narcotics Anonymous’ are two of the most widely managed support groups around the world.
Addiction is an immense issue which has spiraled out of control in today’s times. However, it is necessary to understand it isn’t the question of the individual’s morality. The removal of labels and stigma is essential in the entire process. Support from loved ones is an extremely important step towards de-addiction, right after the acceptance that one is addicted.