Doctor in Suryaprabha Nursing Home
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Suryaprabha Nursing HomeYour feedback matters!
There are a number of contraceptives available but which method of birth control suits you depends on your sexual life, preferences and your lifestyle as a whole. Professional medical help should be sought in order to understand what method of contraception sis ideal for you.
Here is a list of 4 types of contraceptives for birth control:
1. Barrier methods - Barrier methods are designed to prevent the sperm from entering the uterus. They constitute-
- Diaphragms: It is a shallow and flexible cup that is made of either latex or soft rubber. It is inserted into the vagina before the sexual intercourse where it prevents the sperm from entering the uterus.
- Cervical caps: It is a thin cup of silicone whose function is same as the diaphragm, only it is smaller in size, so less noticeable and more rigid as well.
- Contraceptive sponges: These are soft foam sponges that are filled with spermicide and are disposable. They are also inserted into the vagina before sexual intercourse in order to prevent pregnancy by killing the sperm cells or preventing them from entering the vagina.
- Spermicides: These are chemicals that can kill the sperm and hence assist in birth control.
Other methods include male condoms and female condoms.
2. Hormonal methods - Hormonal methods use hormones in order to either stop or regulate ovulation so as to prevent pregnancy. There are various methods through which hormones can be injected into the body. Some of them are-
- Contraceptive patch: It is a thin patch made of plastic that sticks to the skin and is responsible for releasing hormones into the bloodstream through the skin.
- Vaginal rings: A thin, flexible ring that is inserted into the vagina where it stays for 3 weeks and is removed after that, only to be re-inserted in the 5th week.
- Implantable rods: They are inserted under the skin of the upper arm of women where they release progestin.
Other methods include contraceptive pills and progestin-only pills.
3. Intrauterine methods of contraception - The intrauterine device is a small device, T-shaped that is inserted into the uterus in order to prevent pregnancy. The good thing about intrauterine devices is that they can remain functioning for many years at a stretch. IUDs are two types-
- Hormonal IUD(Intrauterine Device)
- Copper IUD
Sterilization is the most reliable contraceptive for birth control as it is permanent. It either prevents the release of sperm or the fertilization of the egg. Sterilization methods can either be surgical or non-surgical. Some of the sterilization techniques are-
- Tubal ligation: It is the surgical technique used in females.
- Vasectomy: It is the surgical technique of male contraception.
Other methods include sterilization implants.
Our endocrine glands work overtime to keep us healthy by secreting hormones which reach each and every cell in our body through the blood. These hormones evoke life changing responses in other cells to keep us alive and healthy. Endocrine surgery is a term for an operation in any one or more endocrine glands in your body.
Types of endocrine glands
- Thyroid gland: This is the most important endocrine gland in your body and it secretes thyroid hormone, which regulates metabolism.
- Parathyroid glands: There are 4 parathyroid glands and these are located behind the thyroid gland in the neck region. These glands secrete the parathyroid hormone which controls calcium levels in the body.
- Adrenal glands: These are located over the kidney. There are 2 adrenal glands and these secrete adrenaline, aldosterone and cortisol- the body’s fight or flight hormone. These also maintain salt levels in the blood and the blood pressure.
- Neuroendocrine glands of the pancreas: These are located in the pancreas behind the stomach. They work to control glucose levels and glucose metabolism.
- Pituitary gland is the master gland of the body: It secretes thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), and other important hormones that control ovaries, thyroid and other endocrine glands in your body.
Depending on the endocrine gland being operated upon, there are different types of endocrine surgeries. The most important ones are-
- Hypophysectomy: This is the surgical removal of the pituitary gland. It is a very sophisticated and critical surgery that surgeons resort to, if there is a tumor in the pituitary gland - especially craniopharyngioma tumors. It can cause atrophy of thyroid, adrenal glands and the ovaries as the pituitary secretes hormones to control their function. In addition, it can result in sterility and sometimes results in a non-functional reproductive tract in both men and women.
- Thyroidectomy: It is an operation that involves removal of the entire or parts of the thyroid gland in the neck. Trained ENT or endocrine surgeons perform this operation, which is indicated for thyroid cancer or hyperthyroidism, goiter or Graves disease. Sometimes it is done for treating an enlarged thyroid gland or obstructions in the neck region, causing problems in swallowing or breathing. In cases of total thyroidectomy patients will need life long thyroid hormone supplementation. Sometime patient can have change in voice which is usually temporary.
- Since the thyroid produces several hormones like thyroxine (T4), triiodothyronine (T3), and calcitonin, you will have to take oral synthetic hormones all your life post surgery. The thyroid is usually removed through an incision in the neck. These days there is the option of minimally invasive surgeries too.
- Adrenalectomy: It is the removal of one or both adrenal glands to treat tumors of the adrenal glands. It is done using an open incision or laprascopic technique.
- Pinealectomy: It is a surgical procedure in which the pineal gland is removed.
There is no denying the fact that a perfect figure can enhance your personality to a great extent, adding an alluring charm that people will find hard to ignore. The size of one's breast can play a significant role, affecting one's overall appearance. Heavy breasts can be physically discomforting (skin maceration, backaches, neck and shoulder aches, problems during exercises or physical activities,) not to forget the public humiliation and mockery that it brings along. Some men with a medical condition known as Gynecomastia also end up having enlarged breasts making the situation awkward and embarrassing for them.
To deal with the embarrassment and physical discomfort, many people retort to the various breast reduction surgical procedures. The breast reduction procedures have helped millions of people achieve the desired breast shape and size. However, the success of the breast reduction procedures depends on many factors.
There are things that a person should be aware of before opting for a breast reduction.
- A breast reduction surgery or a reduction mammoplasty is no small thing. It is a decision that is going to make an impact in your life and overall appearance in ways beyond your imagination. You cannot expect the surgery to work miracles overnight. Be more realistic about your expectations and do not take such an important decision in haste.
- Not every individual with enlarged breasts can undergo a breast reduction. A person has to be physically fit (without any medical conditions) with sound mental and emotional stability. People who are severely obese and those into heavy smoking are often considered unfit for the surgery. For pregnant and lactating women, an immediate breast reduction surgery may not be a wise idea.
- Teenagers and adolescents are considered unfit for a breast reduction as their breast are yet not fully developed and matured. The minimum age for a breast reduction is 21 years.
- Your choice of the surgeon is crucial. While an experienced surgeon can bring about the desired result with minimum or no complications, an inexperienced surgeon can worsen up things for you. Research on the surgeon, their credentials, work history and success rate well.
- The breast reduction surgeries involving the latest and advanced technologies will be an expensive affair. Make sure you are financially prepared to take the plunge.
- The recovery time following the surgery may stretch between six-seven weeks (or even more in some cases). During the recovery, there will be restrictions and precautionary measures that a person should follow.
- Lifting heavy articles, indulging in strenuous and rigorous exercise and physical activities should be avoided for at least four-six weeks (or as the doctor recommended).
- Driving is a big No for a month or two or as advised by the doctor.
- Depending on how well your incisions heal, there may be some pain and swelling in the breasts.The breast for the first few days may also appear sensitive and tender. For better support, wear a well-fitted bra (preferably an athletic or a sports bra).
- Consult a doctor in the case of severe bleeding, excruciating pain, hematoma or a loss of sensation in the breasts and nipples that lasts longer than usual.
I am 21 years old female and I had sex 18 times in 7 month. Can my vagina get tighten again till the age of 25 without doing sex .plz tell me mam.
Great health, happening social life, success both in terms of carrer and personally is what drives people to slog themselves day in and out. But have you given it a thought that there is more to life than just working hard? Yes, if you could only adopt few positive habits in your life and to begin with you need a little bit of routine, self will and inspiration to cultivate these behavious. Now the question is, it quite easy to start something like this, but difficult to continue and for this you need pesistence and determination till the time these habits are imbibed in you. Each little change you bring in yourself is a small step towards achieving big and valuable. At the same time it is important to monitor your progress and be critical and retrospective. That being said, let's take a look at which of these habits are to be adopted:
- Positive mental attitude: It is the most important habit that you can cultivate within yourself as it helps you to develop other life-changing habits in your life. While positive thinking will not make you instantly successful, it can help you gain the mental fortitude that you need to work hard and succeed. You must try to eliminate negative thoughts from your mind and focus on the positives in your life instead. It is one of the most valuable skills one can have.
- How to do it: Keep a journal and maintain a log of negative thoughts that you come to your mind and a positive thought with which you can replace it. Writing the positive thought will help you reinforce the message to yourself.
- Exercise: A healthy mind is not possible without a healthy lifestyle. You need to focus on your physical fitness and health to be able to keep a positive mindset. Developing a habit of exercising as frequently as possible is an awesome idea and to start small is the best way to go about it. Exercising and being fit allows you to be more confident about yourself, relieves stress. It also releases serotonin, which keeps you happy and positive.
- How to do it: Prepare a schedule for yourself and allocate your free time judiciously to exercising
- Be goal oriented: We all have goals that we need to achieve but running headstrong into all of them at the same time is actually bad for your progress. It is essential to focus only on one goal at a time to be able to achieve them fully. No matter how great of a multi-tasker you may be, focusing on multiple goals divides your energy and focus between them and makes you less effective than you could be.
- How to do it: If you have set big goals for yourself, try to break them down into small steps and try to achieve them one at a time. Keep track of your progress at all times to know how far you have come and what you need to do to complete your goals.
These three habits can bring about a lot of positivity and success in your life if you are dedicated and want to bring positive changes in your life. Remember, do not be disheartened if things do not work out for you initially. Instead of giving up, simply take a step back and re-evaluate what went wrong before going forward again.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!