Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Skin and Surgery International & Asia Institute of Hair Transplant ( Kothrud)Your feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
A well moisturized and hydrated skin is a thumb rule for a healthy skin. Dry and flaky skin is not only discomforting and unpleasant to look but is also prone to many skin problems. Dry skin or xerosis dermatitis is more common among elderly. Dry skin can cause the skin to crack making it susceptible to infections. Constant scratching of dry skin due to itching is further harmful and can cause thickening and darkening of the skin. Extreme temperature especially winter with cold, dry and chilly winds can be harsh on the skin and disturb its pH level, thus causing skin problems.
Apart from external factors, internal factors such as hypothyroidism, psoriasis and type 2 diabetes can also cause dry skin.
One of the most common skin problems from dry skin is Eczema. Eczema, generally acquired in childhood is an inflammatory reaction of the skin causing the skin to become red and itchy followed by crusting and scaling. Treatment of eczema is usually a combination of creams and drugs. However, eczema does not go away that easily and its relapse rate remains quite high.
Exposure to sun for long hours can also lead to drying of the skin. Apart from this use of harsh soaps and chemical based products or prolonged use of cosmetics on the skin can inhibit the ability of skin to retain moisture.
Many skin problems can be prevented only by following a good skin care routine. Others may require a long-term medical treatment. Let’s look at some simple and useful ways to prevent and manage dry skin:
Water: Water is not only a natural cleanser for the skin but helps in maintaining an optimum moisture level of the skin. Drink at least 8 to 10 glasses of water every day.
Steam baths: A warm water bath or a steam bath can help relieve skin of dryness.
Oiling of the skin: People with dry skin benefit more from oiling than the use of regular moisturizers. Oiling creates a protective layer on the skin preventing it from drying for longer hours. Use of almond, olive or coconut oil is effective is treating dry skin problems.
Prolonged use of room heaters: Heaters snatch moisture from the surrounding environment including your skin leaving it dull and dry. Thus sitting in heated rooms for long can dehydrate skin and must be avoided as far as possible.
Water-rich fruits and vegetables: Fruits and vegetables, especially, water-rich like watermelon, bottle gourd etc. can help replenish moisture. Eat plenty of those to fight dryness.
I'm 16 years old .I have black pimples as well as black spot. Can I use safi syrup? Please suggest me some precautions and how to get rid of pimples.
Which type of complete details I told you my skin is dull ,uneven tone, dark spot, dark circle, without glow and flaky.
I am 44 now, have lost almost 40% of hair I think it is due to dandruff, can you please suggest some remedies.
I am 23 years old. I had ringworm around thighs near penis. I took medicines it went but after week ringworm came back. So What to do to get cure it completely.
If you are experiencing symptoms such as swelling, inflammation, thickening, yellowing and crumbling of your nails, toenail fungus or onychomycosis is indicated. This is a very common problem, which is usually painless, unless the infection gets spread. The fungus thrives under certain conditions like abnormal levels of pH in the skin, a weak immune system, poor hygiene, diabetes and a continuous exposure to moist or damp environment. If not treated properly, toenail fungus can lead to cracking, splitting or total loss of your toenail. There are various ways of treating fungal infections in the nails. Some of them are as follows:
Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil contains antiseptic and antifungal properties, which help in treating toenail fungus. You need to mix some drops of tea tree oil with coconut oil and olive oil. Using a piece of cotton, apply the mixture on your affected nail, keep it for 10 minutes and scrub off the nail with a toothbrush. For ideal results, you must repeat this process more than twice regularly.
Baking Soda: Baking soda is a commonly used remedy for fungal infections in your nails. It also helps in neutralizing foot odor. Add baking soda, hydrogen peroxide and Epsom salt in hot water, add vinegar to the mixture and soak your affected nail in the solution. After this, wash your feet with water. Repeat the procedure twice a day for several weeks.
White Vinegar: This is an ideal ingredient for the treatment of toenail fungus. It helps in restoring the pH balance of the skin and fights against infections. Add one part of white vinegar to warm water and soak your affected toenail in it for about 10 minutes. After this, you must wash it off. Carry out the process twice a day for effective results.
Oil of Pregano: Oil of oregano is considered effective because of its antibacterial, antiviral, analgesic and antiseptic properties. It is an ideal way for treating fungal infections in your nails. Mix oregano oil with olive oil, apply the solution on your nails and leave it for over 30 minutes. Repeat the process thrice a day for good results.
- Listerine Mouthwash: Listerine mouthwash is another important home remedy for treating fungal infections in the nails. This mouthwash contains certain compounds along with alcohol, which have very strong antiseptic properties and help in eliminating harmful fungi and bacteria from your nails. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Have skin problem in my face I think it is acne or pimples I have bursts this and I have got scars of pimples or acne on my face and there is also acne or pimples on my face I have eaten (isotroin 20 mg tablet) and I used azelaic acid cream but I think these medicine do not work properly the pimples or acne got in my face from approx 6to7 month,
I'm suffering from 1 year fungal infection. I did treatment from 3 doctors and I took medicine for 3 month's but when I leave to take medicine it grow again and again. Can you please give me permanent solution?
Sir /Mam I need to about the remedies of removing acne ,scars and marks from face and even sun tan please can you suggest me any medicine to get rid of these problems.
Hi doctors, My hair is falling very drastically. I'm 21 year old. I have experienced that some semi liquid (paste like) dirt accumulated on my skull when I rub it with my finger's nail. I thought it's dandruff and I used to use head & shoulder shampoo. But when I use shampoo, too much hair falls that time. And my hair are becoming less dense. So, please suggest me some way to get rid of this problem.
I have pimples and scars only on fire head nose and left cheek what to do to get rid of it in two three days?
I am having pimples problem as I came to mumbai. Now my skin like oily and I have been using aloe vera gel and clindamycin gel also. I got dark brown spots ony face. So can I get any advice for the spots? Home treatments.
I'm having black heads around my nose, from last months. There size is also increasing. What should I do.
I am 20 years old. I have pimples and holes all over the face with black spots. I was thinking to use evion face cream. Any suggestions why. I was getting pimples. Any answers.
My face has so many pimple. I consult a skin specialist name Dr. Nearly 80% clear. But 20% not clear. What can I do for it?
Aging is a natural process determined by genetic and environmental factors, such as the effect of UV radiation, smoking, unbalanced diet, lack of sleep, etc. It represents a set of physical, psychological and social changes that occur in the human body over time.
People have intervened in the process, trying to look as young as possible. This need has created a special branch of medicine, called cosmetic dermatology, which involves the application of therapies to enhance a person’s image by offering them a younger look. Smoothing out laughter lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure, has never been quicker or easier.
Injectable anti ageing treatments are a quick and convenient way to smooth out those lines on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth without any need for surgery. So, here we have come up with a list of 5 super-effective anti-aging treatments:
- Botox Injections- A highly purified protein when injected into a specific area of skin by skin specialist, it makes the muscles relax so not to be able to create muscular movement and wrinkles. The effect may take up to 3-5 days for the maximum effect to be apparent where the area becomes smooth and relaxed and wrinkle free. Botox removes and smooths out areas where you have wrinkles to create a fresh and youthful look. The effects of smoothing the muscle do not allow the wrinkle to form as deeply as it would with constant muscle movement so more people are having it to reduce wrinkles forming as well as smoothing out existing ones.
- Fillers- Fillers are popular treatments used for softening wrinkles, laughter lines, facial lines and wrinkles caused naturally by ageing or sun exposure. Combined with a local anaesthetic, dermal fillers are injected into the skin to give your face a natural volume, leaving your skin completely hydrated and youthful. Popular areas to add volume and fullness to include the lips, cheeks and bridge of the nose. For smoothing and plumping lines and wrinkles, popular treatment areas include around the forehead, eyes, mouth, chin, neck, décolletage and hands.
- Thread lift- The purpose of PDO threads is to lift the skin. They are ideal for treating sagging skin on neck, face contour, and cheeks. They may also be used on the body for thigh lifting and buttocks lifting and to tighten the skin on the abdomen and arms. Without a doubt, PDO threads are one of the top anti-aging treatments.
- RF Skin Tightening- This procedure, which is relatively new, is a non-surgical option for people who want to treat wrinkles, sagging, and other signs of aging. Radio frequency skin tightening is performed by dermatologists and skin care clinics, and uses radio frequency (RF) energy on the skin of the face, heating up the various skin layers to stimulate collagen production, which smoothes and lifts the skin’s surface. This procedure requires no incisions to be made in the skin and has a low instance of side effects. Radio frequency skin tightening is a viable procedure for many people whose skin has not reacted favorably to laser or thermal treatments in the past.
- HIFU Face and Neck Lift- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound also known as ‘3D SkinMed’, ‘Ultrasound Facelift’ or ‘Ultherapy’ has become one of the most sought after lifting treatments for face and neck. 3D SkinMed is a one-off treatment which will help you achieve tighter, firmer, lifted skin! The key advantages of this treatment are:
- Stimulates natural collagen production
- No cuts to the skin
- No recovery time
- Noticeable results
Apart from good diet and exercise, cosmetic treatments can do wonders.