When it comes to the health of women, there is never too much one can do. The condition of amenorrhea, for instance, refers to the situation in which menstruation does not take place.
There are two kinds of amenorrhea, which are the primary form and the secondary. The primary refers to when menstruation has not begun in a girl who has reached 16 years of age. On the other hand, when a woman has secondary amenorrhea, what this means is that for over six months, menstruation has not occurred.
The reasons why primary amenorrhea may take place are quite varied. Tumours which affect the pituitary gland can cause it, as can an abnormality in the vagina or the uterus of a woman. Diseases such as polycystic ovary also have the potential to lead to amenorrhea. For secondary amenorrhea, a bad diet, stress and pregnancy can lead to it. But what can be done about it?
Treating Amenorrhea with Homeopathy
Homeopathy is a truly amazing field of medicine and it is so great that it can treat amenorrhea, as well. One of the many good things about making the right choice of a homeopathic treatment plan is that it is highly customizable, according to the case at hand.
There is no one medicine which is prescribed by homeopathy for amenorrhea, which correspond to the various causes of the condition. So, it can be understood why homeopathic medicine is customizable as it proves to be in the case of treating amenorrhea, as well.
There are a variety of homeopathic medicines which can be taken for amenorrhea. That being said, it is important to keep in mind the fact that these medicines should only be made use of after a qualified homeopathic doctor has checked the patient and approved of the medicine. For mothers who have not experienced menses after they started breastfeeding their babies, Sepia is the medicine which is usually recommended. In a similar way, Pinus lamb is recommended for women whose menses are delayed. While these happen to be a couple of very specific or niche medicines, a general medicine for amenorrhea is Pulsatilla. In fact, it is widely considered by doctors to be very effective.
When amenorrhea is caused on account of the suppression of menses due to a tumour which is present in the ovaries, most allopathic doctors would be very worried. However, homeopathic doctors would know that there is a solution designed for this very situation, which is known as Apis Mel.
Now that it is known that amenorrhea has not only a cure, but rather, multiple cures; the cause for worry is not really warranted!
Let's first get to know what are menstrual cramps?
Menstrual cramps, also known as dysmenorrhea or period pains are throbbing or cramping pains in the lower abdomen.Many women experience menstrual cramps just before and during their menstrual periods.
Who gets menstrual cramps?
About half of women experience menstrual cramps and about 15% describe the pain as severe. It has been shown that women who do not exercise experience more painful menstrual cramps. Certain psychological factors such as emotional stress may also increase the likelihood of having uncomfortable menstrual cramps. Additional risk factors for these cramps include:
- Being younger than 20 years of age
- Starting puberty at age 11 or younger
- Menorrhagia - heavy bleeding during periods
- Never given birth
Symptoms of menstrual cramps include:
- Pain in the lower back and thighs
- Loose stools
- Bloating in the belly area
- Lightheadedness or feeling faint.
How can you 'AVOID' menstrual cramps?
- Eating fruits and vegetables and limiting intake of fat, alcohol, caffeine, salt and sweets
- Exercising regularly
- Reducing stress
- Quitting smoking
- Yoga or relaxation therapy
- Acupuncture or acupressure.
- Apply heat to lower abdominal part.
- Make sure you're getting enough vitamin D.
- Dietary supplements.
10 Ways to treat period cramps:
1. Improve Your Diet to Alleviate Period Cramps
2. Pop a Safe Painkiller
3. Turn to Tea to Calm Menstrual Cramps
4. Try Fish Oil and Vitamin B1
5. Needle Away Period Cramps
6. Massage With Essential Oils for Pain Relief
7. Curl Up With a Heating Pad to Ease Period Cramps
8. Boost Endorphins Your Way
9. Up the Magnesium in Your Diet
10. Lean on Your Contraceptive
Asthma is a condition that severely affects the lungs. The airways become narrow and the lungs become inflamed. Its characteristic features include bronchospasm, reversible airflow obstruction and variable and recurring symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness. This might be caused up to 2 to 3 times a day.
- Daily use of Paracetamol
- Daily use of antibiotics
- Caesarean sections
- Asthma in family
Asthma is usually triggered by:
- Tobacco Smoke
- Polluted or Poor air
- Cold Air
- Emotional Stress
Homeopathy is a system of medicine which tries to ‘cure’ this disease, instead of trying to provide symptomatic relief. While dealing with a case of asthma, a homeopath not only records the symptoms of the disease but also studies the medical history, family history, physical and psychological characteristics of a person. This helps to find the cause, the precipitating factors, and the hereditary tendency etc. Of special interest to a homeopath is the history of suppression of skin disease. Homeopaths believe that when there is a tendency or predisposition for a disease – it first manifests on the less vital organs, towards the periphery (like skin). If this manifestation is suppressed than the disease shifts inwards, towards the more vital organs (like lungs, heart, brain etc).
The fact that in children asthma is often preceded by eczema is observed by the allopaths also. This fact is written in all their textbooks of medicine. They say that children often ‘move-out’ of eczema and ‘move-into’ asthma. But they are unable to make a correlation. Homeopaths believe that the suppression of eczema with topical preparations, does not cure the disease/sensitivity of the person, it merely drives it inwards.
Now after ascertaining the symptoms and the cause, the homeopath tries to find a medicine which matches the symptoms as well as the general characteristics of the person. The medicine so selected is administered to the patient.
When a right medicine is given, the asthma disappears but the old eczema or skin rash reappears for some time, before finally disappearing itself. This reappearance of old symptoms is seen as a reversal of disease process and is considered a very good prognostic sign by homeopaths.
MEDICINES – There are lots of medicines in homeopathy for asthma symptoms and it is not possible to list them all here. Some of the common medicines are ars- alb, ipecac, lachesis, pulsatilla, spongia, sulphur, ignatia, antim-tart, hepar-sulph, nat-sulph, tuberculinum etc. The selection of medicine varies from patient to patient. Therefore, it is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath for treating your individual case.
Lipoma can be clearly understood as that fat tumour – like protrusion on your hands, which disappears when we put a finger on it. This is a very benign tumour that occurs in the body. It is caused due to the accumulation of fat cells. In most cases, these tumours are painless, although, these might be pain causing too.
Furthermore, the most common parts of the body where this growth develops are the hands, shoulders, neck and upper limbs. Lipoma can be treated with the help of homeopathic medicines. In case you find a lipoma growth anywhere in your body, the best option is to seek professional help. Some of the common homeopathic treatments that can cure lipoma are:
Calcarea Carb: This is the best medicine to treat lipoma in those who are overweight. A few symptoms and tests need to be performed on the patient before administering this medicine. The three parameters which are assessed before prescribing this medicine are excessive sweating through the head, sensitivity to cold air and special eating habits like craving for a particular kind of food. Apart from these three parameters, which are the main ones to be checked, it is also seen if the patient suffers from constipation and acidity. If these symptoms match with that of the patient, then Calcarea Carb is prescribed for treating lipomas.
Sulphur: The next in line to treat lipoma would be sulphur. In fact, sulphur and Calcarea Carb are mostly at par with each other. However, it remains to be seen which medicine suits who depending on the constitutional make of the person. Those patients with high intake of sweets in their diet, excessive sweating, sensitivity towards heat and dislike towards bathing are the best candidates for administering Sulphur for treating lipoma.
Belladonna: Though lipoma is usually painless, at times it can be painful too. In such situations, the pain is aggravated on touching the lump. Belladonna not only helps in subsiding the pain but also in dissolving the lump fully.
Thuja: This helps in dissolving any fatty lumps developing anywhere in the body. In case the patient suffers from high cholesterol, then this is the best medicine to be administered.
Lipoma is a very common condition, which develops in people due to the formation of a fatty lump. It is a condition which needs to be treated immediately, but with effective treatments, it can completely disappear.
Bed Sores are commonly seen in persons who are immobilised and stay in bed or wheel chair for a long time. They do not change their position often and this results in damage to the skin and the underlying tissues because of the constant pressure on skin for a long duration. Bed Sores are also known as pressure sores or Decubitus Ulcers. When a person lies on bed for a long time due to medical conditions like paralysis, spinal problems and several others, the skin is constantly pressed between the bones and the bed.
As a result, the blood supply to skin is hindered, resulting in skin damage. Persons who involuntarily pass urine or stool, while in bed, are at a high risk of developing bed sores due to constantly moist skin. Elderly people and diabetics too are more likely to develop Bed Sores, which are mostly formed on the skin over bony area. Bed Sores are commonly seen on heels, hips, sacrum, elbows, shoulder blades and spine.
Homeopathy is very effective when it comes to treating bed sores. These remedies have negligible side effects and hence can be given without worrying about how they might affect other medication prescribed to the patient. Homeopathic remedies not only provide relief from the pain caused by bed sores but also help cure blisters and soothe the pus in ulcers. Some common homeopathic remedies for bed sores are:
- Arnica: Arnica is the best homeopathic remedy for bed sores that have made the skin turn blue-black in appearance. This may also be accompanied by soreness, itchiness and a feeling as if the bed is too hard to lie down on. Arnica helps reduce the blue-black spots and also prevents the formation of pus.
- Apis Mellifica: Bed sores that are rose coloured and accompanied by a burning sensation and pain on the spot that worsens with touch can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. In such cases, the patient may also have a desire to uncover the affected limb or area to reduce the burning and pain.
- Carbo Veg: Bed sores formed in areas where the skin turns blue due to cold but where the skin simultaneously sweat excessively can be treated with carbo veg. This patient may also complain of itching that worsens with warmth and towards the evening. In some cases, these sores may also bleed.
- Arsenic Album: Ulcers that give off an offensive discharge can be treated with this homeopathic remedy. Such ulcers are often also quite painful and this pain worsens at night and with the cold. The person may also be weakened by the ulcers.
- Silica and Hepar Sulph: Bed sores that are filled with pus can be effectively treated with silicea. In cases where this pus turns bloody, hepar sulph may be prescribed. In such cases, the patient may also complain of extreme pain and sensitivity around the ulcers.
Miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion that occurs around the first to second trimester of pregnancy; wherein the foetus is automatically expelled from the uterus due to its inability to survive because of environmental influences or chromosomal abnormalities.
Unless the miscarriage occurs due to a severe health issue, the fertility of the woman may not necessarily be compromised. Studies show that one miscarriage doesn’t predict the possibility of a future one. Once the bleeding and pain subside, it is the emotional trauma that must be addressed to begin with which poses a greater threat than the physical one.
The fertility of the woman remains unaltered and the body can be ready after the menstrual cycle returns to normal. However, it still requires some time for the woman to be physically and emotionally prepared to go through another pregnancy. The medical history and reasons behind miscarriage must be evaluated before the couple decides to try again.
Complications after miscarriage only occur if the woman is above 35 years of age or has a rather unhealthy lifestyle. The concept of fertility varies from person to person and it isn’t possible to pass a common judgement about fertility in this scenario.
The gynaecologist mostly suggests couple therapy after the trauma of the miscarriage. The psychological loss is given more importance before considering another attempt by most doctors. The fertility loss only occurs with age and unhealthy lifestyle and it is widely accepted and proven that a miscarriage has little or nothing to do with it.
Ways to Increase Fertility
If a couple is certain they are ready to conceive again, there are a few things a woman can do to help her chances of becoming pregnant-
- The first thing to do is to stop any unhealthy habits. These include smoking, drug use, or alcohol abuse. It’s reported that high consumption levels of caffeine are detrimental to conception so that should also be limited.
- Eliminating stress can also help. Eliminating stress is one of the most important factors in having a successful pregnancy. So, it makes sense that getting over-stressed can reduce fertility levels.
- Eat healthy. If depression was experienced due to the miscarriage, it’s possible that the woman’s diet has not been the healthiest. It’s common for women who have experienced a miscarriage to have a loss of appetite and not eat enough or to eat out of sorrow, eating too much. More attention should be paid to the diet and more healthy foods added to meals.
Talk to a Doctor
If a couple is having issues with fertility after early miscarriage, they should talk to a doctor. There are many options available. More than likely, the first thing the doctor will do is to test fertility levels of both the man and the woman. If you don't want to visit a doctor for this, there is a new at-home kit available called Fertell. This test, retailing for approximately $100, measures fertility levels for both a man and a woman.
If it is found that there is a loss of fertility after early miscarriage, fertility drugs or therapies may be prescribed for a period of time.
The doctor may report that there are no issues with fertility. At this point, it would be a good idea to use an ovulation predictor in order to time effective intercourse. This isn't the most romantic idea, but it may well be one of the most logical ways for a couple to conceive.
Fertility is not normally decreased after miscarriage. A woman's fertility levels return to normal as soon as her menstrual cycle returns. Fertility may be decreased due to emotional issues as a result of the miscarriage. However, if a couple is ready, both physically and emotionally, there should be no physiological hindrances to conception.
The decision to try again is not an easy one. However, fertility won't typically be an issue.
Ever wondered how some celebrities never seem to age and look the same? Perhaps you began admiring them about a decade ago and you have started to look older and tired, but not them? When they smile, their skin and eyes have the same glow even today? Well, it is true that celebrities have access to a whole lot of cosmetic products, but the new thing doing the rounds is within them. Yes, it is their own blood, and hence the name 'vampire facelift' for the beauty treatment they undergo.
How it works: As we all know, the blood is what carries all the vital nutrients to all parts of the body. It has 3 main components in a fluid medium called the plasma. The 3 components are the red blood cells (giving it the red color), the white blood cells (the infection fighting ones), and the platelets (which contain clotting and growth factors). The vampire facelift uses the plasma of a person to produce a greater concentration of growth factors for the face. Blood is drawn from the person, centrifuged to remove the 3 cell types, and the remaining plasma-rich fluid (PRF) is injected into specific areas on the face depending on what the person wants to change hollow cheeks, wrinkles, aged graying skin, etc.
PRF was earlier used for injured people, especially athletes, to help them heal faster by providing a greater amount of growth factors and stem cells. However, cosmetic surgeons realized this could be used to improve facial appearance and consequently the vampire facelift became popular. It restores shape, improves skin tone and texture, rejuvenates the skin and promotes production of younger looking skin.
What is done:
- The patient and the surgeon have a detailed discussion on what the concerns are. There are various parameters which define a beautiful face including ratio of width of forehead to width of the lips. All these are considered and a decision is made as to what would produce the best appearance for the person.
- Dermal fillers containing hyaluronic acid may be used in some areas if required, to create beautiful shapes.
- Then, the PRF is extracted from the patient’s blood (giving it the name Vampire Facelift) to literally lift up areas of the face by injecting the multipotent stem cells into specific areas of the face.
- The new tissue could be a combination of collagen (for improved elasticity), fatty tissue (for smoothness), and younger blood vessels (for younger, glowing skin).
This facelift became popular about two decades ago and has many advocates like Kim Kardashian. It should be done 3 times with a break of 4 weeks in between, followed by an annual maintenance schedule. Sounds magical?? Talk to your cosmetic surgeon to know more.
Vaginal issues are usually connected with anomalies when it comes to discharge and even hormonal imbalances. A lot of ladies experience irregular vaginal bleeding or spotting between periods at some point in their lives. However, the periods might at times be irregular. Sometimes the bleeding is irregular and can occur at any age. Abnormal vaginal bleeding outside your menstrual cycle is called metrorrhagia and should be reported to a doctor immediately. In case it is accompanied by light-headedness, extreme pain or fever, urgent medical intervention might be needed. The bleeding is said to be abnormal when you are suffering from:
- Unexpected periods
- When your menstrual flow is lighter or heavier than usual
- When it is not expected like before age 9, when you are pregnant, or after menopause
Causes: Some of the most common causes for this abnormal bleeding could be:
- A growth in the uterus or cervix
- Medication change
- Premature delivery
- Vaginal dryness
- Hormone imbalance
- Polycystic ovary disorder (PCOS) , a hormonal imbalance.
- Contraceptive pills
- Possible pregnancy
Medical Help: Since abnormal bleeding could be a cause for concern, one must consult a doctor. Neglecting to see a specialist can worsen the problem. There is no home treatment for unusual vaginal bleeding. The treatment might depend on a number of factors. It includes the cause of bleeding, your age and whether you have children. Most of the women can be easily treated with medication while some of them might need surgical attention. With a few types of vaginal bleeding, it might be all right to hold up to check whether the draining stops or not. Check your symptoms to choose if you need to see a specialist.
Medication: Medicines for treatment of abnormal vaginal bleeding depend upon the cause. Some of the treatments are as follows:
- In case the reason for the bleeding is absence of ovulation (anovulation), specialists may prescribe progesterone.
- In the event that the reason for the bleeding is a precancerous or change in the coating of the uterus, progesterone medicines are prescribed.
- In case the reason is polyps or other kinds of growth, they are then removed surgically.
- In these cases, oral contraceptives can enhance cycle control and diminish dying.
- If the bleeding is excessive and cannot be controlled by any medicines, a surgical called dilation and curettage (D&C) might be vital.
- A hysterectomy is required when hormonal drugs can't control excessive bleeding.
A patient needs to make sure that only a professional should prescribe the medicines. One should not take over-the-counter medicines.
What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a common skin disease characterized by thickened patches of inflamed, red skin covered with thick, silvery scales. The elbows and knees are the most common areas affected by psoriasis. It will often appear in the same place on both sides of the body. The patches can range in size from smaller than a dime to larger than a hand.
Description of Psoriasis-
Normally, skin cells mature and shed after about a month. In psoriasis, the cell maturation speeds up, taking only three to four days. Because the lower layer of skin cells divide more rapidly than normal, dead cells accumulate in thicker patches on the skin's outermost layer called the 'Epidermis'.
Forms & Classifications-
Psoriasis occurs in a variety of forms that differ in their intensity, duration, location, shape and pattern of scales. The most common forms are:
- Plaque Psoriasis: Plaque psoriasis is the most common form of psoriasis. It is characterized by raised, inflamed, red lesions covered with a silvery-white buildup of dead skin cells (scales). This is found primarily on the Body, elbows, knees, scalp and finger or toe nails.
- Guttate Psoriasis: Guttate psoriasis occurs most frequently in children and is characterized by numerous small, red, drop-like scaly macules that develop rapidly over a wide area of skin. This may appear following an infection, most frequently strep throat.
- Inverse Psoriasis: Inverse psoriasis occurs in the armpit, under the breast, in skin folds, around the groin, in the cleft between the buttocks and around the genitals. It is usually pink and irritated but lacks the thick scale seen in other forms of psoriasis.
- Pustular Psoriasis: Pustular psoriasis is a rare form characterized by small pustules (whitehead-like lesions) found all over the body or confined all over the body or confined to the palms, soles and other isolated areas of the body.
- Palmoplantar Psoriasis: This type of Psoriasis are most likely to show up on the palms and soles. It can also appear on the tops of your feet, backs of your hands, and on knuckles and nails. It may be triggered by an injury to the skin, an infection, or another skin condition such as hand dermatitis. It may first occur during a period of psychosocial stress. Lesions are like cuts which bleed.
Psoriasis - Homeopathic Treatment
The patient should be encouraged to expose maximum to sunlight and avoid trauma during the active phase.
Homeopathic treatment of psoriasis – Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach.
This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the signs and symptoms from which the patient is suffering. The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat psoriasis but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned; several well-proved remedies are available for psoriasis treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, location, sensation, modalities and extension of psoriasis. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person.
The sciatic nerve is one of the largest nerves in the body. It goes from the lower back all the way down to the base of the leg. When there is a disorder associated with the sciatic nerve, it is known as Sciatica.
Sciatica, however, does not necessarily need a surgery or a very elaborate procedure to fix the problem. Most commonly, it is treated simply by practicing a number of simple exercises. Here are some of the most common exercises prescribed to treat Sciatica:
- Reclining pigeon pose: There are three main forms of the pigeon pose. These are sitting, reclining and then forwarding. It is recommended that if you have very recently started your treatment for Sciatica, then certainly you should go for the reclining pose. In this pose, you are supposed to hold your left leg in the air at a right angle to your back. Then, hold your ankle against the knee. Finally, repeat this stretch with the right leg as well.
- Knee to opposite shoulder: In this stretch, the starting position is on your back side. You have to have your legs out and feet upwards. From this position, try to bring your right leg towards your left shoulder. Hold this for 30 seconds and then release and relax. Repeat this activity three times and repeat the whole procedure with your other leg. Only take your leg as far as it goes.
- Sitting spinal stretch: At the start of this exercise, sit on the ground with your legs going straight outwards and your feet flexed in the upward direction. Pull your left knee and put it on the outside of your right knee. Finally, place your right elbow on the left knee, so that your body turns to the left. Hold for 30 seconds and then relax. Repeat the procedure with the other knee.
- Standing hamstring stretch: Put your foot on an elevated surface such that it is above the floor, but not above hip level. Flex your toes forward such that your feet and legs are nearly in a straight line. Bend as far towards the foot as possible. However, do not stretch so far that you feel pain. Finally, repeat this procedure on the other side after release.
Anxiety, stress and depression are common mental health disorders. Though they may be overlooked as “something that’s in your mind”, but these disorders can have serious implications on your health and the quality of your life. Homeopathy is an effective way of treating disorders like anxiety, stress and depression with negligible side effects.
Anxiety can be defined as the general feeling of fear or apprehension. Anxiety disorders may be seen in the form of general anxiety, phobias and obsessive compulsive disorders. Anxiety symptoms are generally sporadic and follow not set pattern. Homeopathy can be used to treat anxiety once the cause for the disorder can be identified. Two of the most common forms of homeopathic treatment for anxiety are:
- Aconitum napellus: Waves of anxiety or outright panic attacks can be treated with aconite. This is also beneficial if the person is fearful, restless, agitated or if he has recently experienced an accident or natural disaster.
- Argentum nitricum: Anxiety often takes the form of apprehension and nervousness about the future. In such a case, Argentum nitricum (Arg-n.) can be an effective form of treatment. Such cases of anxiety can worsen with heat and in crowded spaces.
The terms stress and anxiety are often used interchangeably, but they have different medical definitions. The response to situations and events that make us frustrated, anxious or angry are known as stress factors. Each person has a different response to stress. While it temporarily enhances productivity in some people, it can paralyze others. Here are two common homeopathic medicines that can be used to treat stress.
- Kali phosphoricum: Stress caused by overworking or illness can be treated with Kali phosphoricum. In such cases, the patient may be jumpy, over sensitive and can find it difficult to cope with normal life. Kali phosphoricum helps relax the nervous system and can also be used to treat insomnia caused by stress.
- Lycopodium: If stress causes the person to feel inadequate and pretend to be someone they are not, Lycopodium is a good form of homeopathic treatment. This can also treat irritability, crankiness and social withdrawal that results from stress.
Mild depression is often self diagnosed as a simple bad mood. There are many causes for depression including changes in the biochemical makeup of the brain. Here are a few homeopathic prescriptions for depression.
- Aurum metallicum: Failure to succeed is a primary cause for depression in people focused on work. Aurum metallicum can be used to treat such cases of depression. These symptoms may also be accompanied by feelings of humiliation and discouragement.
- Causticum: Depression caused by grief or loss can be treated with causticum. This also treats accompanying frequent crying, forgetfulness and mental dullness.
Menstruation is a physically painful affair for many women. Abdominal cramps accompanied by painful thighs and calves are commonly faced by many women just before the onset of their periods. In some cases, this situation can continue for the whole week, making it difficult to get any work done. This pain is also known as dysmenorrhea.
Most common cause of primary dysmenorrhoea in about 50% of females is the hard contractions of uterine muscles to dislodge the endometrium at secretory phase of the cycle. The secondary dysmenorrhoea may be due to fibroids, endometriosis, infections, ovarian cyst or adenomyosis etc.
Instead of popping a painkiller, here are a few homeopathic medications that can effectively cure this problem.
- Pulsatilla: Made from windflower, this is one of the oldest forms of homeopathic medication. Pulsatilla is suited to sensitive women and can be used to treat both irregular and painful menses. It also helps deal with over sensitivity and mood changes. Pulsatilla is most useful when taken between periods.
- Belladonna: Belladonna acts on the nervous system to treat sudden intense abdominal cramps and congested dysmenorrhea. If the blood in your periods is bright red and flows at a high rate, belladonna may be the solution to your problems. Other associated symptoms belladonna can help treat are red, flushed skin and temperature spikes.
- Magnesium phosphoricum: Every woman has a different type of menstrual pain. If the pain you feel is soothed by heat packs and application of pressure but aggravated by any type of movement, you could try to treat it with Magnesium Phosphoricum. This is also effective for period pains that increase in the night and early menses.
- Nux vomica: Nux Vomica is made from the seed of a plant. This is particularly effective in cases of menstruation accompanied by diarrhea. Nux Vomica also helps treat irregular and prolonged menses. It also helps deal with abdominal cramps and heartburn. Nux vomica should ideally be taken in low potency doses as it can have a number of side effects when taken regularly in high potency doses.
- Cimicifuga: Cimicifuga is very effective when it comes to treating painful muscular cramps. Women who need cimicifuga will find that as the flow increases, so do the cramps. These women also suffer from headaches, severe abdominal pain and shooting pains in the thighs. Along with pain, it also helps treat nervousness that may be a result of the menstrual discomfort.
- Chamomilla: Every woman deals with her pain in a different way. For some women, passive movement like driving a car can help alleviate pain. In such cases, the use of chamomilla can be very beneficial. It also helps with clotted bleeding and bleeding between periods.
Management of Dysmenorrhoea:
- Try to remain as active as you can.
- Hot water bottle fomentation can be done.
- Avoid excessive salt and fluids during those days.
- It is seen that eating an apple in those days helps to combat dysmenorrhoea.
Homeopathy has a promising role to play in treating dysmenorrhea. The medicines are known to reduce the severity of the pain as well as to treat the cause. Every patient with dysmenorrhea, experience different individual symptoms, which are carefully assessed while selecting the right set of medicines.
In order to prescribe the homeopathic remedies, the doctor has to take the detailed history of the patient and also keep in mind the primary or secondary causes as the case may be. Thus constitutionally and symptomatically selected homeopathic medicines will help the patient to get relief.
Are you experiencing swelling, bump and lesions in your vaginal area? These might be an indication of female vaginal sores. They may be itchy, quite painful, are usually tender and may also produce discharge. The sores usually develop because of skin disorders. Most cases of genital sores are symptoms of some kind sexually transmitted infection (STI).
Diagnosis of female genital sores
A physical examination is undertaken for finding out the exact cause of genital sores and swelling in women. A pelvic test may also be carried out and you will be required to provide your doctor with your medical history reports. Blood tests, including blood work and a culture of the sore are also used for diagnosis. A culture is referred to as the method of taking a sample from your genital sore and testing it for the detection of bacteria. An ideal treatment method is suggested by your doctor after proper diagnosis.
Based on the symptoms you experience and observe, you can cure vaginal sores by using simple self-care methods before consulting a doctor. A sitz bath is effective for getting relief from pain and discomfort. You can prepare a sitz bath at home by filling your bathtub with warm water and adding a saline solution or baking soda to the water in the bathtub. The water should be up to your hips when you get into the bathtub. You may even purchase a small basin meant for a sitz bath, which is available at all drug stores.
There are various ways of treating vaginal sores and the exact treatment depends on the cause of the sores. Here is a list of the most common treatment methods:
- Use certain oral and topical medicines for treating the sores and getting relief from pain.
- Try other medicines which include pain relievers, antibiotics, corticosteroids, antiviral medications, and certain anti-itch medicines for treating vaginal sores.
- Some forms of genital sores do not require treatment, but you can get rid of them if they are bothering you. A noncancerous cyst is such a type of sore.
- The long term outlook for vaginal sores depends on the cause. Sores accompanied by swelling occur due to chronic skin conditions, which are likely to affect you again in the future. You should get an existing STI treated for avoiding the recurrence of vaginal sores.
- The best way to keep away from vaginal sores is to have safe sex using protection, such as condoms. This will prevent the infection from being transmitted to your sexual partners. You must not hide the fact that you are having vaginal sores to avoid harassment, and should always open up and seek proper treatment.
Am 17 and am suffering with facial hair recently I consulted a doctor she advice to use uproot lotion is this permanent hair removing lotion.
Ttg iga test Is found negative. But endoscopy. And histological findings are suggesting celiac disease. What should I go for. Now. Am I suffering with celiac disease or should I go for some other test to reach diagnosis. I have been suffered with. Chronic diarrhoea. Acidity. And def of vit b12, d3 and ca.
36 years female with diffuse disc bulge at c3c4, c4c5,c5c6 levels causing indentation of thecal sac. Patient complains of neck pain. Please advice what should she do?
Hi my mom wisdom has not occur at right age and was merged inside gums few days back she was complaining about pain in that area and suddenly she is saying that tooth is coming but it is incline not straight And she is saying she is feeling something there Now my ques is that something like note structure is due to that teeth And is it normal to have wisdom teeth at the age of 55? please ans do she have to consult dentist or it ok with that teeth??
How to Overcome Snoring
1. Loose weight: Can reduce fatty tissue in the back of the throat and decrease or even stop snoring.
2. Exercise can also help to stop snoring: As well aiding weight loss, exercising your arms, legs, and abs, for example, also leads to toning the muscles in your throat, which in turn can lead to less snoring.
3. Quit smoking: Smoking irritates the membranes in the nose and throat which can block the airways and cause snoring.
4. Avoid alcohol, sleeping pills, and sedatives because they relax the muscles in the throat and interfere with breathing.
5. Establish regular sleep patterns: Create a healthy bedtime ritual with your partner and stick to it. 6.Clear nasal passages. If you have a stuffy nose, rinse sinuses with saline before bed. If you have allergies, reduce dust mites and pet dander in your bedroom or use an allergy medication. Pt nasoclear nasal drop inboth nostril before sllep.
7. Keep bedroom air moist: Dry air can irritate membranes in the nose and throat, so if swollen nasal tissues are the problem, a humidifier may help.
8. Change your sleeping position: Elevating your head four inches may ease breathing and encourage your tongue and jaw to move forward. Sleep on your side instead of your back.
9. Try an anti-snoring mouth appliance.
10. Throat Exercises to Prevent Snoring
a. Repeat each vowel (a-e-i-o-u) out loud for three minutes a few times a day
b. Place the tip of your tongue behind your top front teeth. Slide your tongue backwards for three minutes a day.
c. Close your mouth and purse your lips. Hold for 30 seconds.
d. With mouth open, move jaw to the right and hold for 30 seconds. Repeat on left side.
e. With mouth open, contract the muscle at the back of your throat repeatedly for 30 seconds.