Doctor in Shilpa Chitnis Joshi Clinic
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Shilpa Chitnis Joshi ClinicYour feedback matters!
The Nipah virus may be little known, but scores extremely high when it comes to risk. The virus was first reported in Malaysia in 1998 and is no stranger to India. Indeed, it has struck India and Bangladesh multiple times since, leaving behind a toll count of nearly 280 infections and 211 deaths. And now, it’s back!
Nipah virus has already claimed over 9 lives in Kerala in past one month. Three people have tested positive for the virus over the past two weeks. And over 25 victims carrying its symptoms have been hospitalized.
Here’s what you should know about the Nipah menace.
- Indications of a possible infection are fever and respiratory trouble and confusion. Flu-like symptoms have also been witnessed in some cases. The severity is too high and can progress to a state of coma.
- Incidentally, this is a virus that can re-activate itself inside the patient’s body months or even years after the first strike. In such cases, the host can develop lasting health conditions such as stubborn convulsions and personality changes.
- The way to stay out of harm’s way is to avoid exposure to infected animals, such as pigs and bats, and not consuming raw date palm sap.
- Transmission of the virus to humans takes place via direct contact with infected bats, infected pigs, from other NiV infected people and by consuming food which is either infected or has come in contact with animals which are infected.
Symptoms of Nipah Virus:
- Muscle pain
- Respiratory problems
- Stomach pain
- Blurred vision
The incubation period for the symptoms to develop for this virus is from 5 to 14 days and once the diagnosis is done the treatment must be given immediately. The Nipah virus can lead to the following in patients
Severe Lung condition
Inflammation of brain tissues
- Stay away from people who are already infected with Nipah virus or NiV
- In case, you have to touch the person then make sure you wash your hands from time to time.
- Utensils, clothes or any other items used by the person infected with the virus should be kept separately.
- If you are transporting the body of a person who has died of this virus, then make sure to cover your face, especially the nose.
Treatment for Nipah Virus:
No vaccination or medicine is available for treating people or animals with Nipah virus. The only treatment available is intensive supportive care. So visit a hospital as soon as you see the symptoms.
Not surprisingly, the Nipah virus ranks in the list of Top 10 priority diseases that the World Health Organization (WHO) has earmarked as possible candidates for the next major outbreak. Though treatment is currently limited care, efforts are on by the government and the medical community to develop preventive measures to combat the spread of the Nipah virus.
Hi sir I am didn't have habits of drinking, smoking any type of drugs, I am at age of 36, I am diabetic taking tablet GLYCOMET GP1 daily two times morning and night, she is at the age of 33, we have a girl kid at 2 years old, I have a premature ejaculation, due to this issue my wife go out for secret relationship with neighbour they used her as a prostitute to his friends also, for this she can adidt for smoking, drinking alcohol everything they take photos and video of her making sex with some other, my question is how can release from the issue is their any medicine or counselling required to save?
My sperm has fallen on the vagina of my wife? We don't have anal intercourse at that time only oral sex, and my sperms out over her vagina. Should I worry about unwanted pregnancy?
I have diabetes mellitus now I conceive my second baby any issues may occur during my pregnancy and pls share some tips for what I have to do during pregnancy.
I am 42 years old, I am suffering from heel pain while standing/walking a long and also before periods come. So what to do and why?
Hello doctor. I have done my hsg. My result is 1. Filling defect seen at the base of uterus 2. Both fallopian tubes are opacified with dilatation seen suggestive of hydrosalphinx 3. No spillage of contrast seen bilaterally. Can Dr. explain my result and I should do so I can get pregnant.
What is the main cause of painful intercourse I am 29 years old and trying to conceive from last 9 months my partner had sperm count problem after he took medicine now he is fine but I am still confused why we can not conceive what should I do?
Hello doc. I have to go for urination in the night 2-3 times. N this problem is from last one month. M taking medicines for PCOD n thyroid. Is this normal or a symptom of some kind of disease?
Pls help me Dr. Actually I was 20 days pregnant and yesterday night I ate first tablet of unwanted kit bcoz I do not want baby now but now is it possible if I do not want to abort it pls help me mai abort ni krna chahti so pls btaiye kya us ek tablet se effect hua hoga.
Of a million sperms released in one ejaculation, a single sperm manages to fertilize the egg, which grows into an embryo and then a baby. Due to various reasons, when this does not happen, it is termed as infertility and is currently on the rise.
With IVF, couples sometimes go through multiple sessions to ensure fertilization. ICSI or intracytoplasmic sperm injection improved this chance of fertilization. It is where a single sperm is used to fertilize an egg in an artificially controlled environment and then injected into the uterus where it grows further.
The next step in this technique is IMSI, where the chances of successful pregnancy are further enhanced and also promises improved quality of the embryo. IMSI, as it stands for, has “morphologically selected” which means under a highly powerful microscope, the best sperms are selected and then used to fertilize the egg. Morphology stands for shape, and the shape of the sperm is a direct indicator of the sperm quality. This not just ensures good success rate but also ensures the sperm which is used produces a high-quality embryo.
- High success rate of fertility
- Reliable and efficient method of ART (assisted reproductive technology)
- More expensive than traditional IVF methods or ICSI
- Requires complex equipment, training, and set-up
- Useful in couples who have failed IVF previously
- Male infertility with unidentifiable cause
- Poor sperm quality
What to expect?
Both partners are prepared both physically and mentally prior to IMSI.
Before the procedure - men:
- A screening is first done to decide if the sperms can be used directly
- In case of hereditary diseases, a donor is preferred
- The first technical step involves sperm collection, either directly or through a donor
- Sperms are collected either through masturbation or through a small incision in the testicles
- Sperms used could be fresh or frozen; fresh ones may be stored for later use also
Before the procedure – women:
- The woman is put on some ovulation therapy to ensure the release of multiple eggs, so a good one is picked. These high doses of hormones ensure multiple eggs are released.
- Egg release is monitored through blood and urine tests
- They are collected within after 36 hours of release
During the IMSI procedure:
- A healthy egg is chosen and placed in a glass container containing hyaluronidase
- Sperms are placed in a medium which will slow their movement, which enables picking a good sperm for fertilization
- The dual advantage of this is that in addition to a high success rate of fertilization, the quality of the embryo is also assured