Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Seva HospitalYour feedback matters!
Festive season is a time of fun, beauty and indulgence. There is always an excitement when Diwali is around the corner. It is all about fun, mingling with your family and friends, and eating sweets and snacks. But during this mood of elation and celebration, one forgets that what goes inside also shows up externally. There are the endless parties for which you would dress up and style. So there will be the blow drying, ironing, styling, make-up, late nights, and to top it all, the alcohol and cigarettes. This, coupled with the excess smoke and pollution affects the skin and hair to a large extent.
Here are few tips on how can you keep your skin glowing and hair healthy during the festive season. To start with, let me explain what damages your skin and hair and how.
- Sugar – Sugar suppresses the activity of our white blood cells and thus makes us more susceptible to infections. It also worsens allergies and causes damage because of the breaking down of good proteins, leading to the formation of Advanced Glycation End-products (AGE). AGE makes the proteins in the collagen and hair stiff and hard; thus speeding up the process of skin ageing and making the hair brittle. One of the main reasons for wrinkles, deep lines, and sagging skin is AGE. So gorging high sugar foods during festivals can lead to fine lines and excessive dryness. So please be mindful of what you are eating during this time.
- Smoke – Smoke and pollution damage hair and skin. It makes the skin dry and scalp irritated or even itchy. Too much exposure can lead to boils/ folliculitis, skin rash, and acne exacerbation. To prevent this, you should wash your hair and body thoroughly the day after the festival to counteract the damage caused by smoke and ash.
- Excessive make-up and styling – You need to dress up and look pretty on festival days. This means excessive make-up and hair styling products, blow drying, and ironing. Not all this is harmful, but what worsens the situation is when you ignore or forget to remove them all off after the party is over. Always remember to follow your night-time skincare regime and cleanse your hair of all the styling products.
- Alcohol and cigarettes – These worsen the condition of your hair and skin. Alcohol makes the skin flushed and dehydrated with broken capillaries. And cigarettes compromise the blood supply to your skin. So cut down on cigarettes and alcohol as much as possible.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Be on a healthy diet always, especially a month before the festivals start.
- Avoid too many sweets.
- Drink plenty of fluids like water, coconut water, and buttermilk.
- Try to cut down on your alcohol intake and cigarettes.
- Apply an anti-oxidant cream which contains vitamin A, C, E or Q10 during the day, underneath your sunscreen.
- Remove every trace of make-up and apply a good nourishing night cream.
- Start oiling your hair with light oils like the ones which are coconut-based.
- Do not use mousse on hair. If you do, then wash it off at night or the next morning.
- Blow drying with low heat is better than ironing. Ironing can lead to hair breakage.
- Avoid harsh surface chemical treatments during the Diwali month – be it for skin or hair.
- Include some cardio exercises in your daily routine.
So, follow these simple steps to look gorgeous and feel gorgeous during this festive season!
My best friend had a physical relation with her husband n her boy friend simultaneously since a year. She is pregnant this month. N in a confusion whether who is the father of the unborn child. Is there any way to find out. Pls help her.
I hav UTI infection from past 7 days. Initially der Wer small pimples near vagina n at the very low part of vagina der was little swelling. I applied ointment n got to normal again after 2 days thr Z severe burning. Am able to pass the urine but it burns so bad Wen cloth touches d skin. N d itching n burning Z nt at d side but on vaginal folded skin parts. I consulted Dr. She gav me wincit 10 tablet n tenovate M ointment. N she also gav AF kit which I will b taken tmrw. But from ointment n tablets I don't feel any relief. Could you please say what Z wrong with me? I am nt married but I do foreplay Wid my bf nvr had intercourse.
Pre-eclampsia may affect some women during the second half of their pregnancies or after they deliver the baby. Ladies suffering from pre-eclampsia show symptoms like hypertension, problems in retaining fluids (oedema) and large amount of protein in their urine (proteinuria). If it is not treated in time, it can cause a lot of complexities during the pregnancy and even after the delivery. Pre-eclampsia increases the risk of harmful effects for both the mother and the baby. The real reason for pre-eclampsia is still unknown, but it is believed that it is thought to occur when there is an issue with the placenta (the organ that connections the child's blood supply to the mother's). Pre-eclampsia in pregnant women often goes undiagnosed.
Women may present with headache, visual disturbance, pain in upper tummy, nausea, vomiting and rapidly progressive oedema. Complications of placental insufficiency can lead to IUGR(Intrauterine growth restriction), placental abruption and in severe cases, if left untreated, intrauterine death. It may affect women`s kidney, liver, cardiovascular, brain and blood clotting systems in severe cases.
Complications: As pre-eclampsia develops further, it can create complications in retaining liquid (oedema). Oedema is responsible for causing sudden swelling of the feet, lower legs, face and hands during pregnancy. It occurs in the lower parts of the body, for example, the feet and lower legs and increases gradually during the day. In case the swelling is sudden, and affects the face and hands, it could be a result of pre-eclampsia.
Risks: There are a few factors that could increase your risk of falling prey to pre-eclampsia. This might require immediate treatment. These are:
- If it is your first pregnancy, pre-eclampsia will probably happen during your first than the ones that will happen later.
- It has been 10 years since you were last pregnant.
- You have a family history of the condition. For instance, your mom or sisters have had pre-eclampsia.
- You had pre-eclampsia in a past pregnancy. There is an around 20% chance that you will experience the condition again in later pregnancies.
- You are in your teens or are more than 40 years of age.
- You have a current medicinal issue like diabetes, kidney problems, headaches or hypertension.
- You were obese towards the beginning of your pregnancy (your body mass index was 30 or more).
- You are expecting multiple babies like twins or triplets (this spots more strain on the placenta).
The main indication of pre-eclampsia in the unborn baby is slow and stunted growth. This is brought about by poor blood supply through the placenta to the child. The developing child gets less oxygen and less supplements than it is supposed to. This can affect the growth and development of the child. This is called 'intra-uterine growth restriction, or 'intra-uterine growth impediment'.
Treatment: Bringing down the blood pressure and dealing with the symptoms in a proper manner can help in managing pre-eclampsia. Delivering the baby is the best way to treat pre-eclampsia. If it is confirmed that you do have pre-eclampsia, you'll be asked to stay in the hospital until your baby is delivered.
My period started on 11Sep & ended on 14Sep. Had unprotected intercourse on 15Sep. Ipill taken on the same day. 26th Sep blood clot in black color coming with lot of pain. Is there any chance of pregnancy?& why so early this period coming. Home urine test done 5 days before & it’s negative. Now I want to know when my next period is going to come because I am not getting any Symptom of period now. Kindly suggest in detail what to do. Regards.
Hi I am 6 month conceived. For past 2 week I got a constipation. Now I notice a small skin tag in anus. What was the remedy. Is tat make harmful in my pregnancy.
We had sex on 12 and her menses started on 7 and she bleeds for 4 -5 days .on date 15 she vomit having abdominal muscle cramps .body pain .susceptible to cold .constipation and no feeling for food .is she pregnant? And if yes then what should I do to avoid it?
Hi, doctors I had romance with my boyfriend three weeks ago ,he touched my vagina with his penis but we did not had full intercourse. I am afraid of being pregnant. How will I know that if I am pregnant and what is the way to control pregnancy. Please suggest me how will I know and what can I do please.
Meri shadi ko 1 saal ho gaya h.Ab me family planning karna chahta hu to mujhe valuable tips share kijiye. For healthy and useful planing.
Hello Dr. Mere bf ne mere sath sex kiya tha but intercourse nhi kiya tha. Meri date 14 sept thi but aaj 17 oct ho gyi h abhi tk period nhi hua hai. Pehle kbhi bhi mera period late nhi hua. Mjhe bhut darr lg rha h.maine primolut-n tablet bhi khali h but fir bhi period nhi hua h.kuch btayiye mai kya krun Dr. Plzz help me. Plzzz plzzz.
उत्तर और दक्षिण अमेरिका के उष्णकटिबंधीय क्षेत्रों में उगने वाले स्टीविया के कई फायदे हैं. वैज्ञानिक नाम स्टेविया रेबउडियाना वाली स्टेविया की पत्तियां स्वाद में मीठी होती हैं. सूरजमुखी परिवार का यह पौधा झाडी और जड़ी-बूटी के प्रजातियों में प्रमुख है. इसमें कई एंटीऑक्सीडेंट यौगिक जैसे कि फ्लावोनोइड्स, टैनिन, काम्पेरोल, ट्राईटरपेनस, कैफिक एसिड, और क्वैक्सेटीन आदि पाए जाते हैं. इसमें पाए जाने वाले तत्वों में लोहा, फाइबर, सोडियम, प्रोटीन, मैग्नीशियम, पोटेशियम, विटामिन ए और सी प्रमुख हैं. स्टीविया के फायदों और नुकसान को विस्तार से समझने का प्रयास किया जाना चाहिए.
1. त्वचा की देखभाल में
हमारा त्वचा बाहरी पर्यावरण के सीधे संपर्क में रहता है. इसलिए उचित देखभाल न करने से इसमें कई तरह के विकार आने की संभावना लगातार बनी रहती है. त्वचा पर होने वाले एक्जीमा और डर्मेटाइटिस जैसे विकारों को ठीक करने में स्टीविया मददगार साबित होता है. स्टेरॉयड के रूप में काम करते हुए ये जीवाणुओं को फैलने रोकता है.
2. कैंसर में
इसमें कई एंटीऑक्सीडेंट यौगिक जैसे कि फ्लावोनोइड्स, टैनिन, काम्पेरोल, ट्राईटरपेनस, कैफिक एसिड, और क्वैक्सेटीन आदि पाए जाते हैं. ये सभी कैंसर के उपचार में एक आदर्श आहार पूरक हैं. फ्रीरेडिकल्स को ख़त्म करके ये स्वस्थ को कोशिकाओं को कैंसर कोशिकाओं में बदलने से रोकते हैं.
3. मधुमेह के उपचार में
हमारे शरीर में स्टीविया के कई फायदे हैं. इसका सबसे महत्वपूर्ण काम ये है कि ये रक्त शर्करा के स्तर को नियंत्रित कर सकता है. स्टीविया में स्टेवियोसाइड नामक यौगिक पाया जाता है, जिसे एक गैर कार्बोहाईड्रेट ग्लाइकोसाइड यौगिक के रूप में जाना जाता है. इसका मीठापन मधुमेह के मरीजों या कार्बोहाईड्रेट नियंत्रित आहार खाने वाले लोगों के लिए आम तौर पर मिलने वाली चीनी के बदले एक बेहतर विकल्प है. इसलिए वो लोग इसे बिना किसी चिंता के खा सकते हैं.
4. मुंह को स्वस्थ रखने में
मुंह के स्वास्थ्य का मतलब है दांतों आदि की देखभाल करना. इसमें स्टीविया की भूमिका मुंह में जीवाणुओं को पनपने से रोकने में है. हमारे दन्तमंजनों में भी इसका प्रयोग किया जाता है. कैविटी और मसूड़ों के सूजन को ठीक करने में इसकी भूमिका होती है.
5. हड्डियों को मजबूत बनाने में
स्टीविया पर होने वाले कई शोधों में एक शोध मुर्गी पर भी किया गया है. इसमें स्टीविया खाने वाली मुर्गियों के अंडे में औसतन अण्डों की तुलना में ज्यादा मात्रा में कैल्शियम पाई गई. हलांकि अभी तक ये शोध मनुष्यों पर नहीं किया गया है लेकिन संभावना जताई जाती है कि ये मनुष्यों पर भी कारगर होगा.
6. वजन घटाने में
स्टीविया चीनी से ज्यादा मीठी होने के बावजूद कम कैलोरी वाली होती है. यानी आप इसके मीठेपन से अपने पसंद की तमाम चीजें जैसे कि कैंडीज, केक और कुकीज आदि बनाकर बिना किसी टेंशन के खा सकते हैं. इससे आपका वजन नहीं बढ़ेगा.
7. उच्च रक्तचाप को नियंत्रित करने में
उच्च रक्तचाप को नियंत्रित करने में भी स्टीविया के फायदे नजर आते हैं. स्टीविया में स्टेवियोसाइड के अलावा भी कई प्रकार के ग्लाइकोसाइड पाए जाते हैं. दरअसल ग्लाइकोसाइड्स रक्त वाहिकाओं को आराम पहुँचाने, पेशाब में वृद्धि करने और हमारे शरीर से सोडियम को समाप्त करने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाते हैं. इससे उच्च रक्तचाप नियंत्रण में रहता है.
8. ह्रदय के विकारों में
स्टीविया में पाए जाने वाले ग्लाइकोसाइड्स के गुणों के कारण ये हमारे दिल का भी ख्याल रखता है. ग्लाइकोसाइड्स, कार्डियोवैस्कुलर प्रणाली पर दबाव कम करके हमारे ह्रदय को कई विकारों जैसे कि दिल के दौरे, एथेरोस्क्लेरोसिस, स्ट्रोक से हमारी रक्षा करता है.
क्या हैं स्टेविया के नुकसान?
* कुछ लोगों पर स्टीविया के कई नुकसान नजर आते हैं जैसे कि सूजन और ऐंठन आदि के अलावा कुछ लोगों में सरदर्द भी देखा गया है.
* कई लोगों को मैरीगोल्ड, रैग्वेड और डेजी सम्बंधित पौधों से एलर्जी होती है, ऐसे लोगों को स्टीविया से भी एलर्जी हो सकती है.
* इन नुकसानों को देखते हुए आपको किसी विशेषज्ञ के सलाह से ही स्टीविया का सेवन करना चाहिए.
सुपरफ़ूड के नाम से मशहूर स्पिरुलिना झीलों और प्रकृति झरनों आदि में पाया जाता है. इसलिए इस जलीय वनस्पति भी कहा जाता है. गहरे नीले-हरे रंग का स्पिरुलिना में कई आश्चर्यजनक रूप से सभी खाद्य पदार्थों से ज्यादा पोषक तत्व पाए जाते हैं. तो जाहिर है स्पिरुलिना के बहुत सारे फायदे हैं. जाहिर है कुछ नुकसान भी होंगे, तो आइए देखते हैं-
1. दिल को रखे स्वस्थ
ये आपके खून से कोलेस्ट्राल का लेवल कम करके रक्तचाप को नियंत्रित करता है. इसमें पाए जाने वाली तमाम पोषक तत्वों में कई ऐसे हैं जिनसे ह्रदय में रक्त संचार प्रभावी ढंग से बढ़ता है. इसकी सहायता से ह्रिदय के तमाम जोखिमों को कम किया जा सकता है.
2. प्रेगनेंसी में
आयरन की प्रचुर मात्रा स्पिरुलिना को गभाव्स्था के दौरान एक आवश्यक आहार बनाता है. इसकी सहायता से अनीमिया को दूर किया जा सकता है. कब्ज वगैरह के लिए भी ये बेहद कारगर साबित होता है.
3. त्वचा के लिए
स्पिरुलिना में त्वचा के स्वास्थ्य के लिए जरुरी विटामिन ए, बी-12, ई, फास्फोरस, लोहा और कैल्शियम आदि पाए जाते है. अपने इन तत्वों की बदौलत स्पिरुलिना आपकी त्वचा को टोंड और चमकदार बनाती है. यही नहीं ये आँखों के निचे के धब्बे और ड्राई आईज के उपचार में भी लाभदायक है.
4. शुगर में
मधुमेह के मरीजों के लिए भी स्पिरुलिना काफी काम का साबित होता है. इसे नियमित रूप से लेने से आपका शुगर कम होता है. ये सूजन को कम करके रक्तचाप और कोलेस्ट्राल का स्तर भी निचे लाता है.
5. अल्सर में
उच्च गुणवत्ता वाली प्रोटीन, सिस्टीन और एमिनो एसिड की इसमें उपस्थिति इसे ड्यूइडनल अल्सर और गैस्ट्रिक के उपचार में बेहद प्रभावी बनाता है. इसके अलावा इसमें पाया जाने वाला क्लोरोफिल इसे पाचन को भी दुरुस्त करने की क्षमता देता है.
6. कैंसर में
अनेकों पोषक तत्वों से परिपूर्ण स्पिरुलिना कैंसर के रोकथाम में भी सकरात्मक भूमिका निभाती है. ये एक एंटीऑक्सीडेंट के रूप में ये हमारे शरीर से फ्री रेडिकल्स को नष्ट करता है. जाहिर है फ्री रेडिकल्स कैंसर का कारण बनते हैं. इसके अतिरिक्त इसमें फिनोलिक नामक यौगिक भी उपस्थित रहता है जो कि कार्सिनोजेनेसिस पर रोक लगाता है.
7. वजन कम करने में
जिनका वजन बहुत ज्यादा है उनके लिए इसका सेवन राम बाण साबित होता है. क्योंकि इसमें फैटी एसिड, बीटा कैरोटिन, क्लोरोफिल और अन्य पोषक तत्व पाए जाते हैं. ये सब मिलकर आपके शरीर में पोषक तत्वों की उपथिति को बनाए रखते हुए आपका भूख कम करते हैं. जिससे कि आपका वजन कम होता है.
8. लीवर को दुरुस्त रखने में
स्पिरुलिना में प्रचुर मात्रा में मौजूद फाइबर और प्रोटीन आपके लीवर के स्वास्थ्य का ख्याल रखते हैं. लीवर के सामान्य कामकाज को बढ़ाने के अलावा यह लीवर को पुराने हेपेटाईटिस के मरीजों के लिए लाभकारी साबित होता है.
9. आँखों के लिए
कई शोधों में स्पिरुलिना को आँखों के लिए भी लाभदायक बताया गया है. आँखों के कई बीमारियों जैसे कि जेराट्रिक मोतियाबिंद, नेफ्रैटिक रेटिनल क्षति मधुमेह रेटिनल क्षति आदि के उपचार में इसका सकारात्मक प्रभाव देखा गया है.
10. प्रतिरक्षा तंत्र को करे मजबूत
स्पिरुलिना को लेकर कई शोध हुए हैं. इनमें से कई शोधों में ये पता चला है कि इसके सेवन से प्रतिरक्षातंत्र मजबूत होता है और कोशिकाओं का उत्पादन बढ़ाने में भी ये सहायक सिद्ध होता है.
11. वायरल संक्रमण में
स्पिरुलिना का इस्तेमाल वायरल इन्फेक्शन के उपचार में सहायक के रूप में होता है. इसमें सूजन को कम करने वाले तत्व मौजूद होते हैं. ये हानिकारक मुक्त कणों को नष्ट करके वायरल संक्रमण के असर को कम करता है.
12. मस्तिष्क के लिए
तंत्रिका तंत्र और मस्तिष्क को दुरुस्त रखने के लिए इसमें फोलेट और विटामिन बी-12 पाया जाता है. इसके अलावा भी इसमें पाए जाने वाले अन्य तत्व संज्ञानात्मक कार्यों में आपकी मदद करते हैं. कुल मिलाकर ये मस्तिष्क के लिए भी लाभदायक है.
13. मानसिक तनाव में
इसमें मौजूद फोलिक एसिड मस्तिष्क के पोषण के लिए काफी फायदेमंद बताया जाता है. इसका काम ऊर्जा और रक्त कोशिकाओं का का उत्पादन करना है. इस तरह ये अवसाद में आपकी भरपूर मदद करता है.
क्या हैं स्पिरुलिना के नुकसान
* ऑटो इम्यून से पीड़ित व्यक्ति को इसके इस्तेमाल से बचना चाहिए क्योंकि ये इसमें एक अड़चन के रूप में काम करता है.
* प्रतिरक्षा सुप्प्रेसेंट दवा पर इसके उपयोग से बचना चाहिए क्योंकि ये दवाओं का असर कम करता है.
* इसका लम्बे समय तक सेवन करने से आँतों के अंगों मसलन किडनी और लीवर को नुकसान पहुंचता है.
* किसी विशेषज्ञ से मशवरा करने के बाद ही इसे लें.
Among 720 species of mushrooms, turkey tail mushrooms are known for their therapeutic purposes. Mushrooms are a favorite among many people for their taste. But it is often unknown to common people that mushrooms have great medicinal values as well. In fact, there are many kinds of mushrooms which have been used in asia since a very long time for medicinal purposes. Mushrooms are usually harvested in areas of their natural growth. However, throughout the years it has been possible for mankind to cultivate them and use them for their own purposes for quite a number of years now.
Turkey tail mushrooms
Several kinds of research and experiments have been going on for a number of years now around the globe regarding the benefits and uses of turkey tail mushrooms. It has been an active ingredient of chinese medicinal tea. The benefits of turkey tail mushrooms are far-fetched, recently vigorous research work is going on in many universities like in bastyr university to find out whether the turkey tail mushrooms are effective and efficient for the treatment of the deadly disease of cancer. The research is mainly going on in collaboration with bastyr university with the university of washington and a few other renowned universities of the world. The research is funded by nih (national institutes of health). The mushroom under discussion is found in abundance in forests throughout the world. The numerous health benefits that turkey tail mushrooms can offer have not yet been fathomed by scientific trials across the world.
Turkey tail mushrooms are known for their numerous health benefits. These mushrooms are commonly found in the woodlands of europe and china. They are usually found to grow in large colonies. Turkey tail mushrooms are generally multi-colored and have concentric bands of contrasting shades. They appear in shades of black, brown, gray, red, white or blue. The body is thin and velvety with a fruiting nature. Because of their capability to form wavy rosettes, they have the name of turkey tails.
Nutritional value of turkey tail mushrooms
Turkey tail mushrooms are rich in vitamins and minerals and thus improve the health and add greatly to the nutritional content of the diet. They are great sources of potassium as well as riboflavin. The content of niacin in this type of mushroom is also very high. Turkey tail mushrooms also contain pantothenic acid, phosphorus, and even copper.
The turkey tail mushrooms are devoid of fat and caffeine. The content of sodium in this mushroom is also reasonably low. This kind of mushroom is also free from cholesterol and gluten and are low in calories. Turkey tail mushrooms contain 18 types of amino acids, ergo sterol and beta glucans of 1/3 and 1/6. Ergo sterol gets converted to vitamin d on exposure to the sun.
Health benefits of turkey tail mushrooms:
There are many health benefits of turkey tail mushrooms, these include the prevention of cold, support during chemotherapy, control of diabetes, reducing inflammation, lowering cholesterol, and more. Let us discuss them in detail below:
1. Prevent and treat cold
Because of the strong anti-viral and anti-microbial properties of turkey tail mushrooms, they can fight away various infections caused by these microbes, including common cold and flu. They greatly improve the immunity of the system and thus make them stronger to fight against disease causing germs. It is a good idea to include turkey tail in the diet when the season of flu draws nearer. The turkey tail mushroom modulates the immune system to act in a stronger way in fighting infections and germs.
2. Provide support during chemotherapy
The role of turkey tail mushroom in providing support to cancer patients has been under research for a long time now by the most renowned universities in the world. Several patients who are now undertaking chemotherapy have been adding turkey tail mushroom to their diet. The results have started showing up in cases of prostate and breast cancer already. It is known that the immune system of the body gets suppressed under chemotherapy. But turkey tail mushrooms build up the immune system and thus help in making up for the weakness caused by chemotherapy. The stronger immune system also helps in fighting strongly against the deadly cancer cells, thereby turkey tail mushroom is a potent cancer-fighting food.
3. Control diabetes
Turkey tail mushroom helps in reducing diabetes by lowering the level of glucose in the body.
4. Reduce inflammations
Turkey tail mushrooms are known for their anti-inflammatory properties. The inclusion of turkey tail mushrooms in the diet help in reduction of inflammations both internal and external.
5. Rich in antioxidants
Being rich in antioxidants, it helps in protection of the body from the harmful uv radiations of the sun. They also block the free radicals that result in aging. Thus, it slows down the process of aging. Being rich in vitamin e, it also acts towards making the skin better and cleansing it naturally.
6. Lower cholesterol
High cholesterol leads to various kind of heart diseases. Turkey tail mushrooms help in reducing the levels of cholesterol by adding it in the daily diet.
7. Aid digestion
The mycelium is that part of the mushroom which enables a person to have a smooth process of digestion. The microbiome gets assisted by the prebiotic content of the turkey tail mushrooms. This implies that the growth of the good and beneficial bacteria in the body is enhanced which includes acidophilus as well as bifidobacterium. It also helps in the treatment of the leaky gut syndrome. The process might also help in losing weight.
8. Help in aids
Kaposi’s sarcoma is a kind of skin cancer which affects the patients who suffer from hiv/aids. Researchers from around the world have revealed that consumption of turkey tail mushroom along with east african wild mushrooms with medicinal uses help in treating this situation. It is also beneficial for patients suffering from hiv/aids without the skin cancer.
9. Reduce hypertension
Hypertension or increase in blood pressure occurs due to the rise in pressure in the arteries carrying blood. Turkey tail mushrooms help in reducing the pressure, and thus hypertension.
10. Treat breast cancer
Among the various other kinds of cancers for which turkey tail mushrooms are assumed to be effective, breast cancer is one in which results from real life have already been presented. An old woman of 83 years has been known to be living a disease-free life after she added turkey tail mushroom capsules to her daily regime along with chemotherapy. The explanation that is presented is that the immune system of the patient got boosted up by recognition of the cancerous tumor, which in turn greatly increased the efficiency of the chemotherapy.
11. Improve bone health
Another health benefit of turkey tail mushrooms is that they are good for bone health. Not just this, but studies have shown that they can also help in regenerating bone marrow.
12. Treat human papilloma virus
Human papillomavirus (hpv) is an infection which is known to be treated by turkey tail mushrooms within a reasonably short time of consumption, approximately two months.
Turkey tail mushrooms are well known for their medicinal purposes because of which they are a sought-after product among the leading pharmaceutical companies. Researches are going on throughout the world to dig out more treasures this mushroom has to offer.
On this world food day, lets all take an oath that not to waste the food at any circumstances, will support the needy for food, will donate a wholesome of food that will satisfy atleast a person's hunger per day.
Radial tunnel syndrome is caused by pressure on the radial nerve, usually at the elbow.
Radial Tunnel Syndrome causes dull aching pain at the top of the forearm, back of the hand and outside of the elbow. It often causes numbness, tingling and burning pain. One may feel pain like cutting, piercing, stabbing pain or may feel weakness in the muscles of forearm and wrist. This pain worsens when the patient straightens his wrist, shoulder or fingers.
Things which predispose to this problem are:
• Sports or jobs that require a constant wrist twisting motion.
• Poor physical arm and wrist strength and flexibility.
• Lack of adequate warm-up time before playing sports.
• Underactive thyroid gland.
• Tumours or ganglion cysts (mass or lump) in the arm that
Cause pressure on the nerve:
• Swelling or fluid in the arm that squeezes the nerve
• Inflammation of the radial nerve
• A hard blow to the forearm
Are you suffering from chronic pain, numbness or tingling in the hand and arms? It may be symptoms of Cubital Tunnel Syndrome:
CUBITAL TUNNEL SYNDROME
Cubital tunnel syndrome cause severe pain, numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness in the hand and arm.
Causes and Symptoms:
Cubital tunnel syndrome is also known as ulnar neuropathy .It is caused by increased pressure on the ulnar nerve, which passes close to the skin surface around elbow.
Factors which predisposes to the development of cubital tunnel syndrome are:
•Repeatedly leaning on your elbow, especially on a hard surface.
•Prolonged bending of elbow for sustained periods, such as while talking on a cell phone or sleeping with your hand crooked under your pillow.
•Abnormal bone growth in the elbow
•Intense physical activity that increases pressure on the ulnar nerve.
In most cases, cubital tunnel syndrome can be managed with conservative treatment. But in severe cases surgery may be required to reduce pressure on the affected nerve.
￼Cervical spondylosis is a medical term for neck pain caused by age-related ‘wear and tear’ of bones and tissues.
The degenerative process chiefly affects the vertebral bodies, the neural foramina, and the facet joints. If it may cause severe pressure on nerve roots with subsequent sensory or motor disturbances, which causes pain, paresthesia, and muscle weakness in the limbs.
Causes of cervical spondylosis
- Spondylosis is caused from years of constant eccentric pressure, from joint subluxation or poor posture, being placed on the vertebrae, and the discs between them. The aberrant stress causes the body to compose new bone in order to compensate for the new weight distribution. This eccentric weight bearing from bone displacement will cause spondylosis to occur.
- Poor postures and loss of the mundane spinal curves can lead to spondylosis as well. Spondylosis can affect a person at any age; however, older people are more affected.
- Cervical spondylosis is a very prevalent condition. It's estimated that 8 out of 10 adults will have some degree of cervical spondylosis by the time they are 60 years old (but many will not have any conspicuous symptoms).
- The most cases outlook of cervical spondylosis is generally good. Most cases respond well to treatment after a few weeks.
Symptoms of cervical spondylosis
- Cervical spondylosis includes neck pain and shoulder pain. The pain can be rigorous in some cases.
- Infrequent headaches may occur, that customarily start at the back of the head, just above the neck, and peregrinate over top of the forehead.
- Pain conventionally comes and goes, with flare-ups followed by symptom-free periods.
- Around 1 in 10 people develop perennial (chronic) pain.
- Other, more severe, symptoms customarily only occur if you develop:
- Cervical radiculopathy – where a slipped disc or other bone pinches or irritates a nerve
- The most common symptom of cervical radiculopathy is the sharp pain that" travels" down one of your arms (known as brachialgia).
- You may experience some numbness or" pins and needles" in the affected arm, and stretching your neck and turning your head makes the pain worse.
Diagnosis of cervical spondylosis
- The spurling test may be used to evaluate patients with cervical radiculopathy. The sign is elicited by extending, rotating, and laterally flexing the patient’s neck toward the symptomatic side. Then, the doctor applies axial pressure on the spine. Pressure applied on top of the head may increase symptoms.
- The spurling test has a sensitivity of 30% to 60% and a specificity of 90% to 100%, quite similar to those of other provocative maneuvers (low sensitivity but high specificity). This test help confirms the diagnosis of cervical radiculopathy.
- X-ray, and mri scans are helpful for diagnosis of pain but generally not definitive and must be considered together with history and physical examinations.
Cervical spondylosis treatment
Treatment for cervical spondylosis depends on the severity of signs of sickness. The goal of treatment relieves pain, help you maintain your normal activities as much as possible, and prevent permanent injury to the nerves and spinal cord.
Physical therapy management
- There have been several trials and systematic reviews into the use of physical therapy program for treatment of cervical spondylosis and its consequences.
- There are several types of manipulations and exercises your physiotherapist can utilize to relieve stiffness, strengthen the area, and restore the function of the neck. Treatments such as cold or heat application, deep tissue massage, neck stretching, ultrasound and electrical stimulation may be used prior to exercise.
- During physiotherapy, you practice a range of exercises to stretch and strengthen the muscles that support the neck. You also learn how to improve your posture and range of movement exercises. You have to learn correct postures, the physiotherapist stand in front of a mirror while exercising, so you can see your mistakes and correct them.
- ￼one technique sometimes to provide pain relief and improve movement by cervical traction. Traction gently extends the neck opening the spaces between the cervical vertebrae and temporarily relieve pressure on the affected discs. Neck traction either done continuously or intermittently (short periods of pulling and resting).
- It’s also possible at home to do cervical traction. There are pulley system devices that enable you to perform cervical traction in lying down. It’s important if you do cervical traction at home to see your physiotherapist first to make sure that you buy the right things and learn how to correctly set up.
- ￼cervical pillows (neck pillows) are designed to stabilize the neck while you sleep.
- A cervical collar may also help you stabilize and realign your spine and relieve pain.
If over-the-counter pain medication doesn't help, your doctor might prescribe:
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs- prescribe-strength ibuprofen or naproxen sodium might be needed to relieve pain and inflammation. Muscle relaxants- certain drugs, such as cyclobenzaprine and methocarbamol can help relieve muscle spasms in the neck. Antidepressants- antidepressant medications have also been found to help ease neck pain from cervical spondylosis.
Cervical spondylosis tends to be a chronic pain condition, but in most cases, it’s not progressive. Only rare cases surgery is required.
- We'll say it: Strawberries are sexy. Here's why. Good circulation is thought to be crucial for sexual functioning in both men and women, and strawberries are rich in antioxidants that benefit your heart and arteries.
- What's more, they're rich in vitamin C, which along with antioxidants, has been linked to higher sperm counts in men. Try dipping the berries in dark chocolate, which contains that may activate the libido.
- These super fruits are rich in vitamin E, which has antioxidant properties, potassium, and vitamin B6, which may prevent or delay heart disease and promote better blood flow.
- They're also a good source of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. Anything that helps your heart and circulation can also be critical for a healthy sex life. Men with heart disease are twice as likely to have erectile dysfunction because both conditions can result from artery damage.
Is it true if a girl looses her virginity then after some period or time her weight and butt size increases?
Dysmenorrhea or painful periods occur when a woman feels pain in the stomach area, thighs, back and legs. This kind of a pain is very common during periods. While many consider this to be a common problem, extreme pain and cramps are not supposed to be taken too lightly.
The nature and severity of pain vary from one female to another. In some patients, the pain is mild. In others, the pain is severe. In fact, it may be so severe that one is forced to be in bed. While some have cramping pains, others feel discomfort only. In some cases, the pain is in the abdomen or lower abdomen. In others, the pain occurs in the back or legs. Some other symptoms too accompany the pain. Nausea or vomiting are commonly present with the pain. Irritability may also be seen. Some patients lose appetite. In most of the cases, the onset of pain is a little before the menses. The pain is usually relieved when the flow begins or at the most by the second day. Relief in pain is felt with hot fomentation or by bending double.
Homeopathic Medicines For Painful Menses:
Most females keep taking painkillers when they have pain. This is repeated at every menstrual cycle as they start thinking that this is normal. There is no need to think so. Homeopathic medicines are very effective in curing this problem. There are dozens of medicines that can be indicated according to the symptoms. All of the medicines have given wonderful results in my hands. Here I have compiled a list of the most commonly used medicines. The list has been named as the 5 best Homeopathic medicines for painful menses.
The extent and nature of the pain differ from one woman to another. In a few patients, the pain is very subtle. In others, the pain is extreme. Here are a few homeopathic cures that can help get rid of the period pain:
Lac Caninum helps in getting rid of painful swelling and tenderness in breasts that occur before the period and the pain may occur alternately.
Pulsatilla is the most commonly used homeopathic medication. Mood swings are common during periods; hence it helps in curing them as well. It is more suited for the women who experience subtle and tender pain. The person tends to get very emotional. Periods are generally late. The patient usually feels better outdoors and they do not feel thirsty easily. All these can be cured with Pulsatilla.
Cimicifuga is used when there is a pain that feels like cramps. It is one of the best homeopathic medicines for painful periods. It is also one of the best homeopathic medicine for extremely painful periods when other side effects show up as well. The pain usually occurs in the lower stomach area, but tends to shoot down towards the legs as well.
Mag Phos is very helpful in situations where the pain is usually relieved by using heating pads. The pain is likewise improved by applying pressure. The periods are dull. The pain increases due to cold and at night. Mag Phos is hence, one of the best homeopathic medicines for periods as well.
Nux Vomica is used when there is a continuous urge to pass stool while experiencing pain in the pelvic area. Nux Vomica is one of the best homeopathic treatments for such painful periods.
Belladonna is effective in situations where the pain begins and stops all of a sudden. The face tends to become hot, red and flushed. The blood flow is extremely red. The pain might be in the form of cramps as well.
- Chamomilla is used when the individual might be excessively touchy and feels extreme pain even if it is not that painful. The blood might be dark with large clots with a scarlet red hue. The person might also have extreme mood swings. Also, excruciating pain extends down the inner thighs. The individual tends to crave frosty beverages and the pain is more pronounced when she is lying down.