Doctor in Satwa - E - Clinic
Weight Loss Treatment
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Treatment of Diet
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Customised Diet Chart
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Overeating Disorders
Treatment of Vitamin D Deficiency
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Management of Obesity and related Disorders
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Bulimia Treatment & Management
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Submit a review for Satwa - E - ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I am 59 years old, my hb1c is 7%, is it good for me to take fruits? If yes then which fruits should I avoid? I work in a school and most of the time I remain in my office.
A sore throat is usually caused by a bacterial infection and it usually indicates an onset of cold. It may also indicate strained vocal chords or a strep throat. Eating proper foods can help in easing the symptoms and fight inflammation; thus providing the requisite energy to the body.
The 9 foods which help in treating a sore throat are:
- Bananas: These foods are packed with vitamin C that allows you to recover quickly from an illness. They are also relatively soft and easier to swallow which make them a preferred food if you have a sore throat.
- Cooked carrots: Carrots contain good amounts of vitamin A; eating them roasted or sauteed is a good way to consume the required nutrients. This vegetable also contains carotenoids in good amounts which are beneficial for the body.
- Tea: Tea is usually preferred by people when they have a sore throat. Tea has anti-inflammatory properties, which help in fighting infections in the body. Tea also helps in fighting stress and contributes to increased focus.
- Cooked cabbage: Cabbage contains antioxidants along with Sulfur, vitamin K and vitamin C, which helps in fighting infection in the body. It can also relieve symptoms of headache.
- Sage: Sage is a herb that has powerful infection fighting properties. Mixing crushed sage with warm water or sprinkling it in your soup can help alleviate symptoms of cold and sore throat.
- Honey: Honey is an effective treatment for sore throat because of its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It is recommended to take honey during a sore throat.
- Licorice: Licorice is another remedy that can be used to treat sore throat. It has certain properties, which cause a reduction in pain and help in clearing the airways.
- Yoghurt: Yoghurt is soft, which makes it easier to gulp down in case of a sore throat. You may even add some fresh fruits to the mix for taste.
- Garlic: Garlic has strong antibacterial properties, which help in easing symptoms of sore throat. You may directly chew garlic or add them to your food to gain the maximum benefits.
Hello dr, i'm 22+ years old and weigh 52 kg could you suggest me how to cut down the arm fat because on my whole body arms looks bigger and that's embarrassing. And also mention the food I can take in order to build arms muscles and keep them lean and toned. Thanks.
Form last 5 6 months I have seen some changes in my body weight I am getting thinner and thinner which is noticeable by everyone and I changed my diet for few days like having all three meal of the day at time but without any problem I have loss my weight.
I am obese but when I run, it's really hard for me because I can't breath. I encounter labour breath, actually I don't much I eat very less but still I got fat. My life style is sedentary.
Food plays an integral part in our sustenance, providing us the nourishment as well as the required energy to go about in our daily lives. However, they play a dual role, not only are they responsible for obesity, but if consumed in a right manner they also can help in losing weight as well. Some of them are:
- Cabbages: Rich in vitamin C, cabbages are a great source of antioxidants. Not only are they readily available, but they also provide one with a variety of options. You can make a stir fry with them or cook them with other vegetables. They help to boost the immunity as well as well contribute in losing weight.
- Grapefruit: Grapes are an extremely rich source of vitamin C, potassium and folic acid. Available in different varieties, they are efficient in fighting various diseases like atherosclerosis, a condition that causes heart attacks. They help to prevent damage of the arterial walls.
- Lettuce: With every pound consisting of around 60-70 calories, this vegetable tops the list of everybody who is trying to lose weight. They are extremely rich in vitamin B, Manganese and help in regulating the blood sugar as well as maintaining proper immune system.
- Radishes: This vegetable is replete with folic acid and sulfur compounds that help in the digestion of the food. Contrary to other vegetables, the leafy top of the vegetable is rich in calcium and vitamin C than the roots and therefore, must not be eliminated while cooking.
- Spinach: The benefits of this vegetable has been well established and for quite the right reasons. They are packed with vitamin K and help in fighting the onset of various eye diseases and weakening and degeneration of muscles. They can be prepared as different dishes and serve as a great constituent in salads or as fillings in omelettes.
- Egg whites: For the longest time, eggs were considered as a lethal source of cholesterol, but over the years its benefits have surpassed its apparent disadvantages. Rich in protein and healthy fats, they are extremely filling and curbs further pangs of hunger throughout the day.
We often wander around, spending huge amounts to look for solutions to our health problems. We seldom realize that we can find them in our own house in the simplest forms. Apple Cider Vinegar is one such ingredient that can be your rescuer from some of the most common and persistent health issues that we face today:
- Keeps blood sugar in control: Studies show that people who suffer from type 2 diabetes and do not consume insulin can have lower glucose levels in the morning if they take two tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar before bed. Some studies also reveal that consumption of a mixture of this vinegar and water before having a carbohydrate-rich meal can lower sugar levels.
- Helps in weight loss: The acetic acid present in apple cider vinegar controls the appetite and in turn increases the metabolism of your body. Studies also state that the vinegar reacts with the body's process of digesting starch which ensures that not much calories enter the bloodstream.
- Relieves you from a blocked nose: The potassium content in vinegar helps to thin the mucus and the acetic acid in it kills the bacteria which causes the blockage. Consuming one teaspoon of the vinegar in a glass of water can be your way out from the sinus drainage.
- Whitens Teeth: Apple cider vinegar would do the magic if you are having yellow and stained teeth. Before you brush your teeth, all you have to do is gargle your mouth with the vinegar. It helps kill the germs in your mouth and also banishes the stains on the teeth, thus making them look whiter.
- Helps fight dandruff: The acetic acid in the apple cider vinegar makes it tough for the yeast-causing dandruff to grow. Mix a cup of vinegar in equal quantity of water and spray it on the scalp. Wrap a wet towel onto your head and leave it on for a minimum of 15 minutes before you wash off your hair.
- Reduces Cholesterol: It is believed that apple cider vinegar contains acetic acid which helps reduce bad cholesterol. Although most researches are carried out on rats and cannot be completely reliable when it comes to humans, some Japanese studies show that half an ounce of this vinegar each day resulted in lower cholesterol levels in people.
All in all, apple cider vinegar may not prove to be a complete cure to your health problems, but like they say, precaution is better than cure.