Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Saidutta ClinicYour feedback matters!
Alcohol addiction commonly known as alcoholism is a fairly common problem that has shown to affect people from every walk of life. Scientists have tried to pinpoint the absolute cause behind alcoholism, but to no success. Certain factors like sex, genetic, and socioeconomic factors have shown to have some effect on alcoholism. The cause of alcoholism is never singular. Alcohol addiction is indeed a disease, where a person may not have full control over his actions and is seen to change the neurochemistry of the brain.
The symptoms of alcohol addiction can be seen in many ways and the severity of the situation varies from person to person. Other factors such as the frequency of consumption may also be specific. While some people are heavy drinkers and drink throughout the day; others may drink occasionally and remain sober for a few days.
A person who is dependent on alcohol will prioritise drinking over other essential activities and will eventually cause disruption in his social life, work or other areas of his life. It can also create a negative effect in the victim’s life along with their families and their near and dear ones.
What are the signs of alcohol addiction and alcohol abuse?
The signs and symptoms of alcoholism or addiction are rather conspicuous. Since drinking alcohol is common in social events in most cultures around the world, it becomes difficult to recognise when someone is addicted to alcohol, unlike drugs like cocaine and heroin.
The physical signs of alcohol abuse include:
- Loss of control over the quantity of alcohol consumed.
- Lack of adequate sleep, followed by overcompensation for sleep.
- Expression of anger and other negative behaviours my increase in inappropriate places and situations.
- Lack of proper attention towards the priorities in life.
How does alcohol affect the body?
Chronic abuse of alcohol can have negative effects on almost every part of your body and plays havoc in your system. Alcohol is liable to cause irreversible damage to several organs of the body which is vital for sustenance:
- Nervous system
- Stomach or Intestines
Alcoholism in itself can lead to several diseases like:
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.
A stomach ulcer or gastric ulcer refers to the defects or breakdown in the mucosal lining in the stomach. The stomach contains acid, which helps in digestion and any break in the tissue lining may result in severe pain or bleeding in some cases. The pain is usually felt in the abdomen.
Stomach ulcers cause great discomfort and should be treated effectively. Here are the primary ways for treating stomach ulcers:
Antibiotics: In the case of H. pylori infection, you should take a course of more than two antibiotics, to be taken twice a day and must be continued for a week. Antibiotics such as amoxicillin, clarithromycin or metronidazole may be used in case of such stomach ulcers. However it is always recommended to consult a specialized doctor before consuming any of these medicines. After several weeks of using the antibiotics, you should get a test done for detection of H. pylori bacteria. If they are still present, you have to take different antibiotics.
Proton Pump Inhibitors: Proton pump inhibitors or PPIs helps in the reduction of the amount of acid produced by the stomach. This prevents damage to the ulcer and lets it heal naturally. PPIs are generally taken for four to eight weeks. The most common PPIs which are used for treating stomach ulcers are omeprazole, pantoprazole and lansoprazole.
H2 Receptor Antagonists: H2 receptor antagonists reduce the production of stomach acid and function the same as PPIs. The most common H2 receptor for treating stomach ulcers is ranitidine.
Antacids/ Alginate: All measures to treat stomach ulcers take several hours to show results. Your doctor may prescribe antacid medications for neutralizing the stomach acid. This will provide relief for the moment, but the relief is quite temporary and for a short span of time. By this time, the strong medicines most likely start working. There is a certain antacid medicine known as alginate. This develops a protective coating on the stomach lining. Antacids are available at all over the counter medicine stores and you should consult your doctor to get the best antacid which would work effectively on your stomach ulcer symptoms. You should take antacids before going to sleep or after taking meals.
Natural Remedies: Stomach ulcer can also be treated at home using natural remedies. Medicines may sometimes cause further digestive complications, so home remedies are much more easy to follow and do not have side effects. The best way is to follow a proper diet, which is comprised of certain food items that help in curing stomach ulcers. You should consume bananas, honey, garlic, green leafy vegetables like cabbage, licorice and capsaicin.
Stomach ulcers cause great pain and also bleeding in several cases. Proper treatment procedures should be taken in case of stomach ulcer. There are many medical remedies, as well as home remedies for treating stomach ulcers. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
Unani is an ancient medical practice of the Middle East that people sometimes use to try to help alleviate conditions of psoriasis. It involves incorporating a special diet, use of herbal compounds and other additional supportive medical practices.
What is Psoriasis?
It is a common immune-mediated skin disease that is characterized by chronic and inflammatory scaly deposits on the skin called plaques. The dry flakes and skin scale deposits occur due to rapid build-up of skin cells. It has a substantial impact on the quality of life with reported impairment in physical and mental functioning.
Causes and symptoms of psoriasis
Heredity is a crucial factor when it comes to psoriasis. There is no definite cause of this skin condition, but consuming opposite foods, trauma on the skin like bruises, cuts, skin irritants, excessive smoking/drinking and mental stress can be some reasons causing it.
Here are some common symptoms of psoriasis:
• Silvery scales on skin
• Itchy and burning skin
• Pus-filled skin bumps
• Dry skin patches and skin redness
• Bleeding patches in skin
• Restricted joint motion
• Inflammation and pain in skin
The Unani view
There are several topical drugs, phototherapy and systemic medications available for psoriasis. However, according to studies, almost 50% of the patients were dissatisfied with their treatment. In the absence of satisfactory cure in modern medicine, the traditional system of Unani medicine is highly beneficial in treating Psoriasis. According to the Unani view, psoriasis occurs due to burnt melancholic humour that has an irritant nature. As a result, it destroys the skin and produces intense itching, roughness and scaling. The unique formulations of Unani aims to eradicate the skin disorder.
How can Unani help treat psoriasis?
Under the banner of the Unani system of medicine, physicians emphasize to apply emollient over the affected part in the form of ointment (Margham) or oil (Rogham). In addition to this, they also advise avoiding sweet or sour items in the diet. Herbal formulations and natural ingredients are used in these topical applications. When applied to the skin lesions over a prescribed course of time, it eases the skin and gets rid of psoriasis.
Risk and safety considerations
There are several studies undertaken to prove the effectiveness of Unani medications to treat Psoriasis, most of which are positive. The Unani medicines have not shown much side effects and can be taken for a prolonged period of time to yield positive results.
Unani medicine has been proven to have a positive effect on the PASI score of the patients, which assesses the severity of psoriasis. A proper diagnosis at an early stage followed by the appropriate treatment under Unani medicine yields remarkable results. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can ask a free question.
गले के अगले हिस्से में स्थित थायराइड ग्रंथि को साइलेंट किलर भी कहा जाता है. ऐसा इसलिए कहा जाता है क्योंकि इसमें आने दोषों का पता समय पर नहीं चल पाता है. जाहिर है किसी भी बिमारी का समय पर इलाज न हो पाने से स्थिति खतरनाक हो जाती है. कभी-कभी तो मौत भी हो सकती है. आपको बता दें कि आकार में बेहद छोटी सी लगाने वाली ये ग्रंथि हमारे शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने में महत्वपूर्ण भूमिका निभाती है.
थायराइड ग्रंथि के ठीक से काम न करने से हार्मोन का स्त्राव प्रभावित होता है. लेकिन यहाँ ये जानना भी बेहद महत्वपूर्ण है कि थायराइड ग्रंथि का कम या ज्यादा काम करना भी परेशानी का कारण बनता है. जीवनशैली और खान-पान में आने वाली अनियमितता ही थाइराइड की समस्या उत्पन्न करती है. इसका मतलब है कि यदि आप अपने जीवनशैली और खान-पान को लेकर सजग हो जाएँ तो इसकी संभावना काफी हद तक कम हो सकती है. इसके लिए हम आपको थायराइड का डाइट चार्ट बता देते हैं-
थायराइड पीड़ितों के लिए डाइट चार्ट-
1. आयोडीन युक्त खाना
थायराइड पीड़ितों को खाने-पीने के में आयोडीनयुक्त खाद्यपदार्थों को शामिल करना चाहिए. यानी ऐसे खाद्य पदार्थ जिसमें आयोडीन की पचुर मात्रा में पाया जाता हो. इसका कारण ये है कि आयोडीन की मात्रा ही थायराइड की क्रियाशीलता को प्रभावित करती है.
2. खाने का स्त्रोत
आयोडीन के लिए हम समुद्री जीवों या समुद्र से प्राप्त खाद्य पदार्थों का भी इस्तेमाल कर सकते हैं. मछलियों, समुद्री शैवाल और समुद्री सब्जियों में प्रचुर मात्रा में आयोडीन पाया जाता है.
3. कॉपर और आयरन
इसके अलावा कॉपर और आयरन से युक्त आहार लेना भी थायराइड में काफी लाभदायक होता है. इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता में वृद्धि होती है.
4. इसके स्त्रोत
कॉपर के लिए आपको काजू, बादाम और सूरजमुखी का बीज लेना चाहिए. इसमें कॉपर की प्रचुरता होती है.
5. आयरन की भूमिका
आयरन के लिए हरी और पत्तेदार सब्जियों से बेहतर विकल्प तो हो ही नहीं सकता है. विशेष रूप से पालक में आयरन की भरपूर मात्रा पायी जाती है.
6. पनीर और हरी मिर्च
थायराइड के मरीजों को पनीर और हरी मिर्च के साथ-साथ टमाटर का भी सेवन करना चाहिए. क्योंकि ये भी थायराइड गंथि के लिए बेहद फायदेमंद है.
7. विटामिन और मिनरल्स
आपको अपने डाइट चार्ट में विटामिन और मिनरल्स युक्त आहार को प्राथमिकता देनी चाहिए. इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता में इजाफा होता है.
8. आइस क्रीम और दही
थायराइड में कम वसायुक्त आइसक्रीम और दही का भी सेवन भी थायराइड के मरीजों के लिए काफी लाभदायक है.
9. गाय का दूध
इसके अलावा कुछ घरेलु उपाय भी अत्यंत लाभदायक है जैसे कि गाय का दूध भी इसके मरीजों को पीना चाहिए.
10. नारियल का तेल
नारियल के तेल से भी आप थायराइड ग्रंथि की सक्रियता बढ़ा सकते हैं. इसके उपयोग में आसान बात ये है कि इसका प्रयोग आप खाना बनाने के दौरान भी कर सकते हैं.
इन खाद्य-पदार्थों के इस्तेमाल से बचें -
1. थायराइड के मरीजों के डाइट चार्ट में सोया और उससे बने खाद्य-पदार्थों का कोई स्थान नहीं रहना चाहिए.
2. थायराइड के मरीजों को जंक और फास्ट फूड से भी दूर ही रहना चाहिए. क्योंकि फास्ट फ़ूड थायराइड ग्रंथि को प्रभावित करते हैं.
3. यदि परहेज करने वाली सब्जियों की बात करें तो ब्राक्कोली, गोभी जैसे खाद्य-पदार्थों से दूर ही रहना चाहिए.
कुछ अन्य उपाय
थायराइड के मरीजों को इस डाइट चार्ट का पालन करने के साथ ही कुछ और बातों का ध्यान रखना चाहिए. नियमित रूप से व्यायाम करने की आदत डाल लेनी चाहिए. इसके साथ ही किसी योग प्रशिक्षक की सलाह से योग भी करना चाहिए. क्योंकि इससे थायराइड ग्रंथि की क्रियाशीलता बढ़ती है. हलांकि इन सबके बावजूद किसी चिकित्सक की सलाह अवश्य लें.
प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के कई कारण हो सकते हैं. जैसे कि यदि आप बच्चे नहीं चाहते हैं लेकिन सुरक्षित तरीका इस्तेमाल नहीं किया तब भी गलती हो सकती है. या कई बार दुसरे कारण भी हो सकते हैं. आपको ये जानकर आश्चर्य होगा कि प्रेगनेंसी को आसानी से जांचा जा सकता है. इसे जांचने के कई उपाय उपलब्ध हैं. यहाँ तक की बाजार में कई तरह के प्रेगनेंसी कीट भी उपलब्ध हैं जो कि आसानी से आपको इसकी जानकारी दे सकते हैं. आइए जानें उन तरीकों को-
1. सरसों से जांचें, प्रेग्नेंट हैं कि नहीं
आसानी से सबके घरों में उपलब्ध सरसों को पीरियड्स शुरू करने का एक कारगर नुस्खा माना जाता है. इसके लिए आपको करना बस इतना है कि एक टब में दो कप सरसों के बीज का पाउडर मिला लीजिए. फिर इस टब में कुछ देर तक अपना गर्दन डूबा कर रखिए. ध्यान रहे कि बर्दाश्त करने भर ही. इसके बाद गर्म पानी से स्नान कर लीजिए. ऐसा करने के एक या दो दिन में पीरियड्स फिर से शुरू हो जाए तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं और यदि दो हफ्ते तक भी पीरियड्स शुरू नहीं हुए तो समझिए कि आप गर्भ से हैं.
2. चीनी से भी कर सकते हैं जांच
जाहिर है कि चीनी भी बहुत आसानी से सबके घरों में उपलब्ध है. चीनी की सहायता से प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के लिए सुबह का पहला मूत्र तीन चम्मच लें और फिर इसे कटोरी में रखी एक चम्मच चीनी पर डालें. फिर कुछ देर तक इसका निरीक्षण करें. यदि चीनी कुछ समय बाद घुल जाती है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं लेकिन जब नहीं घुले तो समझ जाइए कि आप गर्भवती हैं. इसके पीछे का लॉजिक ये है कि प्रेग्नेंट होने पर जो हार्मोन निकलता है वो वो चीनी को घुलने से रोकता है.
3. पेशाब से करें पता
ये भी एक बेहद आसन तरीका है. इसमें आपको एक छोटी सी कटोरी या डिबिया लेनी है. इसक कटोरी या डिबिया में आपको अपना मूत्र भरकर 3-4 घंटों के लिए छोड़ देना है. ध्यान रहे डिबिया को हिलाना-डुलाना बिलकुल नहीं है. इसके बाद यदि पेशाब की सतह पर सफ़ेद रंग की एक पतली सतह बनती है तो समझिए कि आप गर्भ से हैं. लेकिन यदि पेशाब की सतह पर कोई परत नहीं है तो सझिए कि आप प्रेगनेंट नहीं हैं.
4. गेहूं और जौ
यह एक परम्परागत तरीका है. इसमें प्रेगनेंसी जांचने के लिए आपको जौ और गेहूं का इस्तेमाल करना पड़ता है. कहा जाता है कि मुट्ठी भर जौ और गेहूं के दाने लेकर उनपर पेशाब करना होता है. उनपर पेशाब करने से यदि वो अंकुरित हो जाते हैं तो समझिए कि आप गर्भवती हैं. लेकिन यदि दोनों में से कोई भी अंकुरित नहीं होता है तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं.
5. सफ़ेद सिरका
सफ़ेद सिरके की सहायता से भी आप अपनी प्रेगनेंसी की जांच कर सकती हैं. जाहिर है ये भी एक आसान तरीका है. इसमें आपको एक कटोरी में आधा कप सफेद सिरका लेना है और इसमें आधा कप सुबह का सफ़ेद मूत्र डालना है. इसके बाद इसका निरिक्षण करना है. इसमें देखना ये है कि इसका रंग बदलता है या नहीं. यदि रंग बदल जाता है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट हैं लेकिन यदि नहीं बदलता है तो इसका मतलब है कि आप गर्भ से नहीं हैं.
6. टूथपेस्ट भी आता है काम
रोजाना इस्तेमाल होने वाला टूथपेस्ट भी आपके गर्भ की जांच कर सकता है. लेकिन इसमें एक बात का जरुर ध्यान रखना है कि टूथपेस्ट का रंग सफेद हो. यानी कि कोलगेट या पेप्सोडेंट जैसा. क्लोजप या मैक्स फ्रेश जेल नहीं चलेगा. आपको इस टूथपेस्ट को एक डिब्बी में डालना है और उसमें थोड़ी सी अपने पेशाब डालें. इसके कुछ घंटे बाद इसे देखें कि इसका रंग बदलता है या इसमें झाग बनता है या नहीं? यदि इसका जवाब हाँ में है तो आप गर्भवती हैं और यदि नहीं में है तो आप गर्भवती नहीं हैं.
7. ब्लीच से जांच
ब्लीचिंग पाउडर के प्रयोग से भी प्रेगनेंसी को जांचा जा सकता है. इसके लिए आपको सुबह का अपना पहला मूत्र एक कटोरी में लेना है. इसके बाद इसमें थोड़ा सा ब्लीचिंग पाउडर मिलाना है. फिर इसका निरिक्षण कीजिए. यदि इसमें से बुलबुले उठते हैं या झाग बनती है तो समझिए कि आप प्रेग्नेंट हैं लेकिन यदि ऐसा कुछ नहीं होता है तो आप प्रेग्नेंट नहीं हैं.
8. गुप्तांग का रंग देखकर
प्रेगनेंसी को जांचने का एक और भी आसान तरीका है. इसके अनुसार आपको अपने गुप्तांग का रंग देखना है. यदि आपके गुप्तांग का रंग गहरा नीला या बैंगनी लाल है तो इसका मतलब ये हुआ कि आप गर्भवती हैं. इसका कारण ये है कि गर्भ के दौरान खून का दौरा तेज हो जाता है. लेकिन यदि ऐसा नहीं है तो चिंता करने की कोई बात नहीं है.
9. प्रेगनेंसी किट
हलांकि सबसे बेहतर उपाय यही है कि आप बाजार से प्रेगनेंसी किट ले आएं और उसकी सहायता से ही जांच करें. इसकी कीमत भी कोई बहुत ज्यादा नहीं होती है. इसका परिणाम सबसे ज्यादा विश्वसनीय है.
There are a number of ways in modern day medical science for helping couples conceive, in case they are not able to do so in a natural way. Apart from IUI, IVF and other forms of artificial insemination, one such way is ovulation induction. In this procedure, the ovaries are stimulated to release an egg which can maximize the chances of natural conception, or even through IUI. This is an effective process that works well, provided there are no other infections and diseases at play. It basically works by stoking the relevant hormones with the help of tablets and injections. Let us find out more about the process.
Varied Tests: Before embarking on the process, the doctor will conduct a number of tests to ensure that you are capable of conceiving by natural means or even with artificial insemination. These tests help in making sure that there are no other ailments in the picture, which may hamper the process of ovulation induction or affect the ovaries in general.
Ovulation Cycle: Thereafter, the doctor will take blood samples in order to study the exact ovulation cycle that the body follows. These blood samples will be studied to measure the level of hormones at different stages so as to find out the most opportune time when the situation may be congenial for the ovulation induction to begin. A transvaginal ultrasound will also be carried out so that the doctor may study the development of follicles within the ovaries. These follicles usually line the ovaries. This ultrasound will also study the thickness and appearance of the womb’s lining.
The Ovulation Induction Cycle: The ovulation induction cycle will begin with tests that will happen starting from day one to day four. Once the tests have ascertained that the body is ready to go through the process with maximum chances of conception, the process will begin on fourth day. On this day, the patient will be given medication like Clomiphene Citrate. This medicine is also usually given to patients who are undergoing IUI or artificial insemination as it is said to increase the likelihood of conception. The Follicle Stimulating Hormone injection will also be given to the patient on the same day.
After the Medication: Once the medication and injections have been administered, the patient will have to go through a test to study the hormone levels in the body. This usually takes place around day 10 or 11. Thereafter, two weeks later, the patient will go through an ultrasound to find out if the ovulation is about to begin.
Time: While this is an effective method, one must remember that the ovulation results may take time for women who do not have normal menstrual cycles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin. This release is determined by the body's circadian rhythm which is controlled by light exposure. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and tells the brain not to secrete melatonin. This makes it harder to fall asleep even after you have switched off your phone.
- It hampers the quality of your sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is a reduced amount of sleep. On top, that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, your brain cannot completely shut off. This makes you tense even in your sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When you wake up from a restless night's sleep, your productivity suffers. Not getting enough sleep is known to hamper your decision-making skills, impairs both long term and short term memory and make you distracted. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when you don't have enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases your chances of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn you put on weight.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it needs weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if you look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect your mental and physical health as well as your looks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) or spastic colon is a rather common intestinal tract disease which is characterized by sharp pain in the stomach, stomach gas, diarrhea or constipation. It is a chronic condition whose exact cause, although unknown, is sometimes attributed to the dysfunctional production of the neurotransmitter, dopamine.
There is no particular treatment for IBS. However, the symptoms can be brought under control through various methods. The symptoms of IBS can be controlled by making lifestyle changes such as incorporating certain modifications to your diet and reducing or managing stress levels. For severe symptoms, you may require medications.
Patients may also consider homeopathic treatment for a rather wholesome effect and lesser side effects. The purpose of homeopathic treatment is to stimulate the body’s inner self-balancing mechanisms. In order to achieve this, this person must be provided with the right solution at the right time. Since homeopathy aims at treating the root cause of the problem, the treatment is stretched over a longer period of time. Additionally, homeopathy functions by stimulating the natural healing capabilities of the body. Some of the common homeopathic medications that can be used to treat IBS are listed below:
- Pulsatilla: Prepared from a medicinal plant known as wind flower, Pulsatilla is effective in the cure of IBS with its remedying effect on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Nux Vomica: This too is derived from a plant and has a positive effect on the digestive and nervous system, thereby being effective in the treatment of IBS.
- Sulphur: It is one of the most common choices among homeopathic practitioners for IBS. Sulphur affects the digestive tract and is helpful in the treatment of intestinal gas and constipation. It is usually prescribed for individuals who are rather thin and physically weak.
- Lycopodium Clavatum: This is mainly prescribed for people with diarrhea and stomach gas. This drug acts specifically on the gastrointestinal tract
- Asafoetida: This drug is prescribed when there is a fairly common constriction in the bowel muscles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
My daughter has itching problem in all over body for the last one month. Now its very painful and sometimes it bleeds and comes dark spots and wounds specially on knee areas and elbow I have been given appointment on Saturday, is it possible to pre schedule the appointment because she is feeling uneasiness and all the time she has to apply cream or aloevera gel or anti Allergy tablets.
- Poor lifestyle choices and stress: Late nights can give you under eye dark circles. When we sleep, our body starts to repair the wear and tear that occurs in our bodies through the day. Certain substances are released into the blood stream that our involved in building the immune system to enable our body to deal with the stress. Late nights can slow this process of repair and contribute to darkening around the eyes.
- Anaemia: Iron deficiency is the most common cause of dark circles.
- Chemicals: Chemicals such as mercury and silver can lead to increase pigmentation around eyes.
- Allergies, asthma and eczema: Any condition that leads to itching around the eyes, can lead to skin darkening.
- Heredity: Dark circles in most cases are genetically influenced and run in the family. Skin transparency around the eyes is inherited. Deep set eyes can also contribute to dark circles.
- Acute Illness: Some illness like viral hepatitis, typhoid and sinusities could contribute to dark circles.
- Age: Prominence of dark circles increases with age because of collagen loss which leads to the thinning of skin around the eyes.
Chemical peels: different type of peeling agents (lactic peel, glycolic peel, arginine peels) are in use. Resistant under eye pigmentation response to a mixture of alpha and betahydroxy acids followed by a mild retinol cream but this may cause some visible peeling of skin post treatment. Hence, it is important to apply moisturisers frequently after this peel with sunscreen.
Jet Peel Technology: In this procedure, specific technology is used to cleanse the skin with saline water under pressure through very fine nozzles (jet technology). The same technology can be used to enhance lymphatic drainage, which would help reduce the puffiness around the eyes.
Lasers: Lasers around the eyes after using protective eye shields followed by sunscreen application regularly.
PRP (Platelet-Rich-Plasma): The procedure is gaining popularity as an enhancement treatment. Your own blood is used to extract growth factors used in the treatment. The growth factors help in collagen and elastin generation, which leads to tautness of the skin and wrinkle reduction.
Skin Care and Under eye creams
Over the counter creams: Creams containing Vitamin C or K, elastin, collagen, AHAs and kinetin.
Prescription creams containing dilute glycolic acid, kojic acid, arbutin, nicotinic acid, mild low potency cortison creams.
Eye care tips:
- Drink lots of water
- Sunscreen around eyes
- Sunglasses when outdoors
- Stretching of muscles and relaxation or meditation.
- Drinking plenty of water and clear fluids. Avoid or decrease intake of tea or coffee
- Posture awareness during the day.
Vertigo can be due to several different causes. Positional vertigo related to inner ear is completely curable if diagnosed and treated correctly. If you have any type of vertigo don't just take vertin instead seek help from a Vestibular Specialist trained specially to evaluate and treat vertigo from root level.
We all desire for long, voluminous, lustrous hair and often crib about our hair not growing long enough or taking ample time to grow. But, we tend to forget that the secret behind beautiful hair is healthy hair. To maintain a long and healthy hair you must follow a rigorous regime. The following are a few tips to keep your hair long and healthy.
- Get to know your hair: This is the primary step to attain your goal of having a long and beautiful hair. Knowing your hair type (dry or oily; fizzy or straight etc.) and figuring out a meticulous hair care routine is of utmost importance. You may also consider professional help.
- Choose the correct products: This step needs attention. Make sure you do not get lured by advertisements. Choose products that suit your hair type. Once again for this step too, if you are unable to decide for yourself, do seek professional help.
- Learn to clean your hair in a proper manner: Message the shampoo on your scalp and rinse it properly with sufficient water. Remember to use a conditioner every time after applying shampoo, as it helps to seal the hair cuticles and restore protein and lipids. Use a towel gently to dry your hair.
- Pamper your hair with an oil message at regular intervals: Massaging your hair with oil will help it to grow faster. It also prevents your hair from dryness and being frizzy. You may also consider massaging your hair with hot oils the night before a shampoo.
- Go for regular trimmings: Trimming your hair at regular intervals will prevent your hair from split ends. Split ends hinder hair growth. So by avoiding split ends, you can make your hair grow longer.
- Avoid dryers and use a proper comb: Dryers may turn out to be very harmful for your hair. Using a dryer at close proximity to your hair may damage your hair. Try to dry your hair naturally. Also, use a proper comb that will not hurt your scalp. Combing in the right direction is also essential. Start combing from the tips to the roots.
- Use hair revitalizers: Revitalizers, Vitamin E capsules and other essential oils may also boost your hair to a desirable length. But, make sure you consult an expert to find out the needs of your hair.
- Eat a healthy diet, exercise and have a good night's sleep: These are the key factors necessary to maintain healthy and long hair. Incorporate Vitamins such as Vitamin A, B Complex and vitamin G in your diet as these will help your hair to grow long. Exercising and sleeping will is also crucial for maintaining healthy hair. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
A headache is the most common ailment to affect men and women. Did you know that there are over 150 different types of headaches? Each of these different types of headaches has its own symptoms, triggers and needs to be treated in a different way. In some cases, you may even require surgery. This is often recommended for severe migraines and cluster headaches.
The different types of surgeries that may be performed to treat such headaches include:
- Neurostimulation: For this procedure, a wire electrode is inserted through the skin at the back of the neck near the occipital nerve and used to provide electrical stimulation. This form of surgery is best suited to patients who have benefited positively from an occipital nerve block.
- Radiofrequency thermocoagulation: This is one the most common forms of surgical treatment for cluster headaches. For this procedure, a radiofrequency current is used to heat tissue of a certain area. By doing this, the passage for pain is obstructed and headaches are relieved. Some of the side effects of this surgery could include corneal sensory loss, severe facial dysesthesias and reactions to anesthesia. In rare cases, it could also cause a stroke, infections or motor weakness. Thankfully, these effects typically are resolved within 6 months.
- Microvascular decompression: This is an invasive procedure that is performed while the patient is under general anesthesia. It also involves a craniectomy. The aim of this procedure is to remove a vascular loop that compresses a nerve and thereby restore normal anatomy. Hospitalization is typically required for a few days after the procedure
- Gamma knife radiosurgery: This is the type of neurosurgery where the trigeminal nerve is hit by radiation. This procedure can be performed as an outpatient procedure and can be completed in a few hours. It has a very low rate of complications but the long term effects of this form of treatment are not yet clear. There may also be a high rate of relapses associated with this form of treatment.
- Septoplasty: In the case of migraines, a deviated septum may be contributing to your headache. In such cases, surgical correction of the septum can help relieve pressure on the nerves that pass through it and in turn reduce the frequency and intensity of your headaches. Septoplasty addresses common issues concerning the septum such as a bent cartilage or deviated cartilage. This procedure can be performed under local or general anesthesia. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
Sticking to routine is probably not the best idea when it comes to sex. Sex is about getting adventurous and going wild. So here is how you can spice things up in bed and make things interesting when you have been in a long-term relationship.
Here is a list of things that you can do to keep things in the sheets:
- Surprise your partner every once in a while: Everybody loves surprises, especially when it is related to sex. It can be anything, from having your partner not say a word while you yank his clothes off and get busy, to walking up to him with whipped cream on the right parts of your body. The key is to keep things interesting, so maybe do not do this too often. Save it for special occasions.
- Morning sex once a week, at least: Waking up to a mind-blowing orgasm? No better way to start a day. And the best part is that your partner is right next to you. Studies have shown that sex in the morning helps to raise your alertness and keeps your mood elevated all day.
- Share your wildest fantasies: When you have been in a long term relationship, your comfort level is probably at its peak. So go ahead and buy that stringy nurse costume online and surprise your partner. Or go out on a nice long drive, and don’t forget to get frisky with him in the car.
- Holiday themed sex: A Santa hat and a ribbon around your waist. That ought to keep you both busy all Christmas.
- Try a new position every month: The next time you go to the bookstore, grab yourself a copy of The Kamasutra and help yourselves to the more realistic positions. That can give a wonderful twist to your love life.
- Role play: You have been with each other for years now. You both perhaps know each other inside out. Try a little game called role playing where you meet each other all over again. To add to the fun, whip up some new names for each other.
- Put technology to its best use: Send a text explaining all the dirty things you would do to your partner after he gets home. That will have him looking forward to what is coming up all day. Maybe attach a tempting picture of yourself, for men are visual creatures. And don’t forget the “NSFW”. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Masturbation is very common and most people indulge in it at some stage or the other in their lives. With online content becoming the main research material, there are lots of myths about masturbation in both men and women. Read on to know some of the common myths and facts about this in males and females.
Myth vs. Fact #1: The common myth is that men who masturbate regularly will have erectile dysfunction. The reality is that the body gets used to certain types of touch, like your own hand or vibrations, and therefore achieving pleasure with a partner may require slight practice and time. It, however, does not cause erectile dysfunction per se. It is a common belief that people who masturbate are sexually exhausted and would not be able to perform when actually with a partner. This is not true, for as long as the person is stimulated and desires sex, they can indulge in it with no cap on the number of instances that a person can be involved in the act.
Myth vs. Fact #2: Indulging in masturbation is an abnormal part of sexual growth. Though most would not admit it, there are anonymous studies which reveal a large number of people (about 70% of the boys and 60% of the girls) in the age group of 15 to 18 indulge in masturbation. This indicates that it is a very normal part of growing up. Children should be educated that it is normal to touch and explore the genitals, but should know the limitations.
Myth vs. Fact #3: People in relationships do not masturbate. Whether single or in a relationship, people masturbate, and this does not mean they are unhappy in their relationships. Depending on the levels of sexual desire and stimulation, some would indulge in masturbation despite being in a healthy relationship with a partner. Some people could indulge in the act together, which also has benefits like avoiding pregnancy.
Myth vs. Fact #4: Masturbation has no good effects. Just as sex acts as a good stress buster, masturbation does too. The good health benefits of masturbation include better sleep, reduced levels of stress and tension, improved concentration, reduced headaches, increased self-esteem, and an overall happy being. In women, this also helps improve vaginal dryness, which is a major cause of painful vaginal sex.
Myth vs. Fact #5: Masturbation has emotional side effects. Over indulgence surely can affect work, school, or social life, but it is not true for everybody. If that is the case, the person requires counselling. Else, it is a part of normal growing up and does not cause any physical or mental problems. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
The inflammation of the sinuses is a condition referred to as sinusitis. This can be caused by a number of factors including infection, allergies, air pollution, nasal polyps, septal deviation etc.
The symptoms of acute sinusitis may include -
- Pain over the affected sinuses
- Stuffiness of the nose or Running nose
- Loss of smell
- Sore throat or cough
Sinusitis is an uncomfortable condition on its own, but can also lead to a number of other complications. Ayurveda can be very effective in treating acute sinusitis effectively without side effects. Here are a few ways to treat sinusitis with Ayurveda:
- Steam inhalations - Steam is a decongestant that can successfully clear congestion and make sinusitis less painful. This can be done five to six times a day. If your sinus is causing excessive pain, this should be repeated regularly for at least a week. In cases of chronic sinusitis, you may even continue this form of treatment for two years.
- Turmeric - Turmeric is one of the most effective cure for sinusitis and has been used in Ayurveda for centuries. One has to inhale the smoke generated when a turmeric stick is burnt. To do this take a piece of dry turmeric and dip in oil [coconut or gingely oil will do] and light it. When it starts burning put off the flame and you will see the at smoke is generated. Inhale this smoke through each nostril three times. repeat this twice daily for 3 days
- Ginger-Garlic-Turmeric-honey-lemon recipe – Ginger, garlic and honey have powerful antimicrobial properties. Turmeric has anti bacterial and ad anti allergic properties. Lemon and ginger are powerful immune system boosters. A teaspoon of fresh ginger juice with garlic, turmeric and honey can help reduce the congestion caused by sinusitis. This should ideally be had early in the morning, as soon as you wake up and may be repeated in the evening. Similarly, drink warm black tea with lemon, ginger and honey several times daily.
- Jala Neti - Neti is a yogic purification method and jala neti refers to purification by water. This is a simple technique that should be practiced daily to relieve problems related to sinuses. Fill a neti pot with lukewarm water and a little salt. Position the neti pot such that the spout is in one of the nostrils. Breathe through your mouth and tilt your head till the water starts flowing from one nostril to the other. Once the pot has been emptied, repeat the process with another nostril. This can be repeated any number of times.
- Watch your diet - Ayurveda considers diet an important part of the treatment process. Avoid cold and oily food. Starting the day with a glass of luke warm lemon tea with honey is also said to be beneficial to sinusitis patients. Sweets, processed foods, dairy, liquor, carbonated drinks etc are other things to be refrained from when suffering from sinusitis. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Feeling bloated or acidic after a heavy meal can take away all the satisfaction the taste of food gave you. Indigestion and gas are some of the most common gastrointestinal problems faced by people around the world. In most cases, indigestion is a result of bad food choices and unhealthy lifestyles. Thus they can simply be relieved at home and do not necessarily need medication. Here are 4 easy steps to lower heartburn, gas and indigestion.
- Add more fiber to your food: Fiber is crucial to healthy digestion. It is easy to digest and help push waste out of the system by adding bulk. In this way, fiber helps detoxify the system as well. It also prevents diabetes, heart disease, hemorrhoids and other diseases. Add fiber to your diet in the form of whole grains, cereals, fruits, vegetables, nuts and plenty of water. Ideally, a woman should have 25gms of fiber a day and men should have 38 grams of fiber a day.
- Healthy food eating habits: How you eat also makes a difference to your digestion. Instead of eating on the move, eat mindfully. Chew your food carefully to begin the digestive system. Eating smaller portions can also help improve stomach functioning. Avoid fast foods that are difficult to digest. Ensure that you do not eat anything for at least an hour before going to bed. Lying down immediately after a meal is one of the leading causes of indigestion.
- Probiotics: Gut bacteria is essential for healthy digestion. This bacteria helps maintain a healthy inner ecosystem and help fight harmful viruses, yeast and other such microorganisms. This balance of gut bacteria can be affected by an unhealthy lifestyle like excessive alcohol consumption, smoking, stress and certain prescription drugs. Supplementing your natural probiotic enzymes with food rich in probiotics like yogurt or probiotic supplements can help make your digestion better.
- Exercise Regularly: Exercise is necessary not only for a fit body but also for healthy digestion. Exercising also helps fight stress that is one of the leading causes of indigestion. Taking a walk after meals can help regulate the passage of food and gases in your digestive system. This prevents bloating and heartburn. Physical activity also helps stimulate your bowels to prevent constipation and prevent gaseous build up. Some forms of exercise you could try are yoga, swimming and cycling. A word of caution; always ensure that there is at least an hour's gap between exercising and your last meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gastroenterologist.
World Alzheimer’s Day is celebrated on the 21st of September each year. A number of organizations, from all over the world concentrate on raising the awareness about Alzheimer’s disease and dementia. Alzheimer’s disease is a very common type of dementia. It falls under the group of disorders in which mental functioning gets impaired.
Life for an Alzheimer’s patients is quite difficult, but by following the following tips, you can support yourself and will also help you to cope with it.
- You have to accept the changes and accept that life will continue getting difficult. Instead of trying to cover your difficulties for protection from embarrassment, you should face the fact. You also have to accept the changes in your physical abilities and adapt to skills, which are beneficial.
- You should develop some ideal coping strategies. Try to be occupied and involved and respond to the challenges you face in everyday life. By practicing the coping skills you will be able to gain a sense of control in your life.
- Try to identify stuff. Make a list of all the tasks which seem challenging to you and try to develop coping strategies for these tasks. Prioritize your tasks and determine whether it is really necessary to overcome certain tasks. You should also strategize solutions and come up with solutions which would suit you best.
- You should set realistic goals and expectations for yourself and use the coping skills to deal with difficult tasks. In case of very challenging tasks, do not hesitate to take help.
- A daily routine or plan is required for keeping a track of several tasks. A schedule reduces the amount of time you spend to figure out something, simplifying your task and also prevents mistakes.
- Always approach one task at a time and take enough time to complete tasks. Do not give up on challenging tasks and take breaks to figure things out.
- Always remember that you have more than a single chance to solve problems. If one chance fails, you should adopt new strategies and try again and again with better assessment.
- You should identify the triggers which cause anxiety and stress. Knowing the causes will allow you to plan in advance so that you can prevent them.
- Keep in mind that your family, friends, pets, will power and prayers are sources of great strength and will help you get past any obstacle.
- You should accept help from others and do not hesitate or think about being dependent on others.
You should take the advice from your psychiatrist or from Alzheimer Association National Early-Stage Advisors in order to understand the challenges such as medications, management of schedules and dealing with emotional or relationship changes.
Hair loss can happen to anyone. Men suffer from genetic baldness and women lose hair due to hormonal shifts and life events that affect hormones like pregnancy and menopause. Once gone, hair is very difficult to call back. We may try out home remedies, apply expensive oils and creams and use special hair rejuvenating shampoos. But do they really work? No, or very little.
So, for if you are one amongst the sea of humanity looking for the perfect way to grow back hair, this article is for you…
We shall be telling you sure-shot homeopathic cures for alopecia, medical term for hair loss, right here.
Homeopathy is an alternative healing system that cures ailments by minute doses of natural substances that in larger amounts would produce symptoms of that ailment.
Apart from different causes of hair loss, there is also something called patterns of hair loss that a homeopath considers before he starts the treatment.
Almost all of us have heard of male pattern baldness which occurs due to genetics and causes hair loss in patterns on the head. Apart from this Alopecia areata is a form in which hair loss occurs due to an autoimmune disorder. The body attacks hair cells here.
Hair loss is seen in spots and patches and usually occurs in people below 20. Complete baldness where the entire scalp loses hair uniformly is another pattern. And then there is the Telogen Effluvium pattern where hair enters the telogen or the maturity stage prematurely.
Female pattern baldness also exists where there is thinning of hair on the top of the scalp. Homeopathy can treat all these patterns of hair fall effectively.
Before the homeopathic treatment can begin, the homeopath studies the case history of the patient. The cause of hair loss has to be determined and the site of alopecia identified. Homeopathy also pays a lot of attention to constitutional symptoms like eating habits, lifestyle, mental make-up level or thirst of the patient. These are important for the treatment to succeed.
After the case has been properly evaluated, the treatment can begin.
Homeopathic medicines for hair loss due to -
Fungal Infections and Eczema: Psorinum and Mezereum are both very helpful in treating eczematous skin lesions which cause profuse hair loss. Mercurius Solubilis is also excellent for treating eruptions on the scalp.
Dandruff: Thuja occidentalis and Kali sulphuricum.
After Childbirth and Menopause: Natrum muriaticum and Pulsatilla pratensis. Sepia officinalis is excellent for menopausal women.
Anaemia: Borax, Cinchona officinalis and Calcarea phosphorica are all good.
Alopecia Areata: Flouricum acidum, Phosphorous, Calcarea carbonica and Vinca minor are best.
Alopecia Totalis: Silicea, Baryta carbonica, Sulphur, Lycopodium clavatum are all good.
These homeopathic medicines treat baldness due to different causes. But we suggest that you don’t use them off the shelf but consult a homeopathic doctor who will take in mind your constitutional symptoms to prescribe a medicine that’s just right for you.