Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Treating Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Treatment of Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
Preventing Post Bypass Surgery Blockages
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Asthma Management Program
Treatment Of Restenosis
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Jehangir HospitalYour feedback matters!
Diabetes is a systemic disease that affects almost every part of your body. Of these, the digestive system is the most badly affected. While gastrointestinal disorders are commonly experienced by everyone, diabetics have a much higher risk of suffering from indigestion, food poisoning, gallstones and ulcers. Some of the most common gastrointestinal problems experienced by diabetics are:
- Gastroparesis: High blood sugar levels can damage the vagus nerve that controls the emptying of the stomach. As a result fo this damage, the muscles of the stomach and intestines do not work optimally leading to a condition known as Gastroparesis. This is a condition where the stomach is not able to empty itself properly and the digestion process is slowed down. Gastroparesis can cause bloating, nausea, pain in the abdomen, heart burn and a loss of appetite. It can also cause undigested food in the stomach to harden and form lumps that block food from moving into the intestines. This disease cannot be cured but can be managed with medication and a special diet.
- Ulcers: Stomach ulcers can be described as open sores that develop on the inner lining of the stomach, oesophagus and beginning of the small intestine. These ulcers form as a result of bacterial infections. Diabetes weakens a person’s immune system thus reducing their ability to fight these infections and increasing the risk of developing ulcers. Diabetes also increases the risk of bleeding from these ulcers and secondary infections that may arise from it.
- Yeast infections: Diabetics are extremely vulnerable to yeast infections. This is aggravated by fluctuation in blood sugar levels and can extend from the mouth to the oesophagus. Common symptoms of this type of yeast infection are pain in the throat and difficulty swallowing. It may also cause heartburn and intestinal bleeding if left untreated.
- Celiac sprue: This condition creates gluten allergies and causes the inflammation and thinning of the small intestine’s mucosa. In some cases, this condition may interfere with the absorption of food and lead to diarrhoea and weight loss.
- Diabetic diarrhoea: Patients who have been suffering from diabetes for a few years may experience an increased urge to pass stools frequently. This is usually related to gastric problems in the colon which cause fluids to move at a faster than normal speed through the small bowel and colon. It may also be caused due to the secretion of fluids in the colon and improper absorption of food. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
- Sudden or gradual weight loss despite increased hunger - Many people complain that they feel hungry and eat more, but despite this, tend to lose weight. This occurs as the body cannot metabolize glucose and uses energy reserves from fat or muscles leading to weight loss.
- Frequent infections and slow healing - If you are afflicted with Type 2 diabetes, then it might affect your immune system and you may be prone to infections. Also, any cuts or bruises on your body will take much longer to heal than normal.
- Irritability and fatigue - Another common symptom of type 2 diabetes along with the other symptoms mentioned here is quick irritability and fatigue. This is because most of the body is deprived of sugar and thus lacks the energy needed to function normally.
- Constant thirst and increased urination - If you feel constantly thirsty despite drinking ample water and urinating frequently, this may be a tell tale sign of type 2 diabetes.
- Skin darkening in folds and creases of the body - Also known as acanthosis nigricans; this is a darkening of the skin where it also becomes velvety to the touch. It usually develops in the folds on skin in areas such as the neck and armpits and is a direct result of insulin resistance.
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
- Being overweight
- Lack of physical activity
- Genetic predisposition or family history
- If you are more than 45 years of age
- Hormonal problems such as Polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment or management of type 2 diabetes
In most cases, major lifestyle changes can easily keep the symptoms of type 2 diabetes in check although in certain cases medications may also be required. Some of the steps necessary are as follows:
- Change in diet and healthy eating
- Physical activity and exercising
- Regular blood sugar monitoring and
- Blood sugar medication along with insulin therapy if necessary
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Eating healthy food and getting enough rest and exercise may not be enough to boost your immune system, particularly when you are being exposed to bacteria and viruses in your increasingly polluted environment. Your immune system needs a bit more help and Homeopathy offers more than a helping hand, find the top 5 homeopathic immunity medicines listed below that will supplement your body resistance.
The immune system is like a fort to protect the body against foreign invaders (or pathogens) like fungi or parasites, bacteria, viruses etc. Inimical entities are also being created from within, auto-immune disorders and diseases like cancer. Proper immune function is an complex balancing act which nature has to carryout but with a little help. While functioning properly, our immune systems is able to discriminate effectively, between body’s own tissues and foreign pathogens. A weakened immune system makes you vulnerable to virtually every type of illness. If the immune response becomes overactive or misdirected it begins to target the body’s own tissues for foreign invaders and starts attacking them.
Immunity is influenced by the digestive capabilities and our ability to digest, assimilate and absorb nutrients in our bodies. In a healthy body where immune function is strong, any invaders are neutralized or destroyed and then expelled and normalcy is restored. If digestive capabilities are impaired by an imbalance, metabolism is affected and the immune response and natural resistance are lowered. If the body is unhealthy by stored toxins from undigested food, then an environment is created in which invaders are encouraged to thrive. Over indulgence in activities like masturbation is reported to ruin your immune system since it depletes necessary hormones and neuro chemicals.
What happens when your immune system is compromised? You suffer from extreme fatigue. You loose appetite, your body hurts, you get ill often and this could be life threatening.
Immunity in Infants
For the first 4 to 6 weeks , Newborns are at high risk for colds or other infections since their immune system is functionally immature. Babies derive immune protection from the placenta before birth and through antibodies from the mother’s breast milk. But there are many germs they can’t fight off.
It’s vital to get the newborns build a strong immune system before they are exposed to cold viruses. A virus that is capable of mild illness in an older child or an adult can cause a more serious illness in a newborn. Homeopathy is another way by which you can boost the immune system of a baby. An infant who falls ill repeatedly can benefit from homeopathy as it will build the child’s resistance and his immunity becomes better. Homeopathic medicines like Schwabe Munostim globules is an activator of the immune system and is indicated in prevention of seasonal problem in children. It can be used together with other specific medicines against cold, flu and against allergies
Why Homeopathy to boost your immunity?
- Unlike antibiotics homeopathy does not ‘neutralize’ an infection , instead it strengthens the body’s immune system to fight disease or infection.
- The modern system of homeopathy looks towards systemic detoxification that causes weakening of defense mechanism. It therefore works on removing poisoning or toxicity from bone marrow, liver, spleen, lymphocytes, lymph nodes that play a vital role in immune defense mechanism
- Homeopathy is more palatable than many conventional medicines since the mildly sweet pills, powders or liquids are easy to dispense and consume.
- Homeopathy is effective on any problem associated with a compromised immune system or lowered immune response.
- Patient on Homeopathy regains appetite after few days thus helping the patient gain weight.
- Homeopathy helps control opportunistic infections associated with a compromised immune system.
- Homeopathy decreases the viral load after few months of regular consumption.
- Homeopathy is well tolerated in patients of all age groups and has been used by thousands of patients in several countries with no adverse effects reported.
Top Homeopathic immune booster medicines!
The best immune strengthening medicine in homeopathy is the constitutional medicines which your physician prescribes after a detailed case taking. It takes into consideration your health condition, any problems you may be currently suffering from and your tendencies depending upon your past medical and family history. Some general medicines for immunity are:
- Reckeweg R88 Anti Viral: n effective homeopathic antiviral medicine that contains highly diluted energy derived from viruses like coxsackie, diphterinum, Herpes zoster, V-grippe etc. Natural immunization formula that is Safe & without side effects.
- Scwabe Alpha WD Immuno Stimulator: German homeopathic formula with proven homeopathic medicines to enhance body’s resistance power.
- Blooume 20 Immunoforce: A general tonic that stimulates and builds general immunity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Anemia is a disease which occurs due to the lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin in your body. The body transports oxygen and the nutrition you get from food, to various body parts through hemoglobin, and a deficiency can cause lower supply of these important elements to the body. Which is why, the patient may feel a lack of energy, dizziness and even exhaustion. Most people don't realize its existence, so it's important that you know the symptoms, causes and cures of this blood disease. And, the foods one should eat to avoid anemia.
- Lack of iron: There are various forms of this illness, and one of it is iron deficiency anemia. The red blood cells in the blood contain hemoglobin, which requires iron for formation. If the diet is not adequately loaded with iron, the person can have iron deficiency anemia. This is the most ordinary one that occurs to people, but with adequate care through food, exercise, and medicines, you can tackle it.
- The root cause: Faulty production of red cells (hereditary conditions like sickle cell anemia, bone marrow disorders, etc. is the common cause of anemia. Excessive destruction of red blood cells, which is not compensated by normal production (spleen disorders, thalassemia, etc.) can be another reason. People with blood loss conditions (ulcers, gastritis, internal bleeding, excessive menstruation, childbirth, etc. and the ones who consume a poor diet can also get this blood disease.
- Know the symptoms: There are essentially nonspecific symptoms of anemia, but overall fatigue with very low energy levels as the body does not receive enough nutrition to perform various functions can be one of them. Reduced heart rate, fainting, and pallor of skin and whites of the eye are common indicators of this illness. Check with your doctor if you face any of these issues.
- Foods for prevention: If you follow a healthy diet that is full of nutrients like iron, you can keep anemia at bay. Remember, weight is not an issue here. If you have a good diet intake, you need not worry about being slim. Often, women who are thin get labeled as anemic, which is far from truth. When it comes to nutrients, iron-rich foods should be eaten along with vitamin C to improve its absorption. Vitamin B12 also plays a significant role in absorption. Meat including red meat, lamb, pork, chicken, beet, ham, turkey, and seafood including salmon or tuna can be included in your diet. Other foods like legumes, soybeans, veggies (dark green leafy vegetables, spinach, peas, broccoli), dried fruits and nuts, tofu, pumpkin and eggs are rich sources of iron that can be consumed by vegetarians. Cereals like red rice, brown rice or fortified cereals with a good source of iron can also be included in the diet.
- Don't miss out on iron, ladies! Women are likely to be anemic (with symptoms like fatigue and paleness) and hence they should constantly monitor for iron levels and shift to a diet rich in iron. Furthermore, iron supplements can be consumed in the form of tablets, syrup, or tablets with the guidance of a doctor. In severe cases, where there is a significant blood loss, especially with childbirth or internal bleeding, the sufferer may require transfusion. All in all, anemia is definitely manageable with planning of diet, especially during times the like menstruation and pregnancy. So, taking care on time is a vital step. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Im. 22 year old, I am addicted to masturbation habit in last 5 years. I am very week I can not able concentrate any thing .I can not complete my college I failed every time I tried to pass last 4 years. I have physically mentally problems ,please help me.
Hi, I am 35 years old man but I have some sexual problem like quick ejaculation. Low stamina and sex time is no longer. Please give me some advice and medicine name which is good for me. Thanks.
I am suffering from fever by virtue I feel headache my body have pain. Please say about the solution.
Diabetes is a scourge that has been spreading like wildfire across the globe. It is one of the major public health concerns of the modern era. Diabetes not only causes damage to your internal organs but will also take a toll on your eyes if left unchecked. Retinopathy, glaucoma, cataracts and blurry vision are common phenomena accompanying diabetes.
You may not notice it at first. Symptoms can include:
Blurry or double vision
Rings, flashing lights, or blank spots
Dark or floating spots
Pain or pressure in one or both of your eyes
Trouble seeing things out of the corners of your eyes
Thus Comprehensive Dilated Eye Exam plays an important role to detect it.
Here are some common Diabetic Eye Problems:
Blurry Vision: Do things turn blurry for you at times? Well it is not your glasses which are at fault but your high blood sugar count swelling up the lens within your eye and changing your ability to see. In order to correct your vision, you need to try bringing your sugar level back to the optimal range, which is 70 to 130 milligrams per deciliter. Do call on a doctor if the situation persists or deteriorates further.
Cataracts: Your eye lens is just like a camera that enables you to see through it by focusing on a particular object. If you have cataract, your otherwise clear lens gets shrouded a layer making it opaque and cloudy. You tend to face difficulties in the form of glares, blurred or clouded vision, and blind spots among other problems. Diabetics are prone to acquiring cataract much earlier than others, with the condition worsening subsequently. They are removed via surgery where your doctor substitutes your hazy lens with a new artificial one.
Glaucoma: You eye transmits images to your brain through the optic nerve. Pressure may build up within the optic nerve resulting in damage and ultimately causing total or partial blindness. This is a fairly common disorder with diabetics and a large number of cases pertaining to blindness due to diabetes are caused by this. Usually, glaucoma can be treated with laser, surgery, eye drops or medicines. It is important to visit a doctor as it can help stop the progression of the disorder much earlier.
Diabetic Retinopathy: The retina is a cluster of cells behind your eyes that absorbs light and converts them into images that are sent to the brain via your optic nerve. High blood sugar count can actually wreak havoc on the tiny blood vessels within your retina giving rise to diabetic retinopathy. Symptoms may include blurry vision, seeing spots, blind spots and difficulty in low light or night time. Retinopathy can cause you to progressively go blind and thus it is imperative that you go for periodic check-ups and keep your diabetes under control.
Control and Prevention
If you have diabetes, you are not doomed to develop diabetic eye disease. Although you are at risk, you have the ability to control your diabetes so your vision is not compromised. Controlling diabetes requires you to monitor your blood sugar levels regularly. Follow some steps to help you control and preserve your vision:
Taking your Medicines regularly as prescribed by your doctor. Skipping of medication may leads to irregular control and is more hazardous.
Eating Right food is essential when trying to prevent or control diabetes. Eat a diet that is high in nutrients, low in fat and moderate in calories. A high-fiber diet with low glycaemic index foods (slow-release carbohydrates) will keep blood sugar steady and make you feel full. Although you do not need to eliminate sugar completely, you must limit sugar to a small serving. The good news is that as you cut sweets, your cravings will change and you will naturally desire more healthy foods.
Keep your A1C level under 7%: A1C is a test you have during a visit to your endocrinologist to determine how well-controlled your diabetes has been during the previous 2-3 months. Keeping your blood glucose in this target range means less damage to the delicate blood vessels around your eyes.
Control blood pressure and Cholesterol Levels: People with diabetes have a greater chance of having high blood pressure and Cholesterol, which can cause eye blood vessel damage.
Regular Physical Exercise can help you control your blood sugar, increase fitness and reduce your risk for heart disease and nerve damage. You must track your blood sugar before, during and after exercise to prevent hypoglycaemia.
Annual comprehensive eye exams: If you are pre-diabetic or diabetic, it is even more important to have Complete Dilated eye exam to initially get baseline recordings of the eye conditions and then regular yearly follow-up visits to monitor changes in your vision. If you notice blurred vision and you have had diabetes for a length of time, it might be a signal you need to keep tighter control of your glucose levels.
Having a heart of gold is a metaphor but at the same time is something which is quite achievable, as long as a person looks out for oneself and makes an effort to eat the right foods!
If a person who wishes to maintain good heart health is willing to search out the right foods to eat, there is a surfeit of benefits. Just some of these benefits are a lower level of the bad sort of cholesterol, as well as a slower rate of plaque growth.
Foods for a Healthy Heart
- Fish is something which is known to have great benefits for the mind and now, the heart, too. This is especially true, if the fish which is being eaten happens to be salmon. Fish in general, and Salmon in particular, has Omega-3 fatty acids, which are the best sort which can be consumed bar none. As a matter of fact, the medical evidence of this is so much that the American Health Association has made it a point to recommend that each person eats fish at least twice a week.
- If eating fish and preparing it seems to be too much of a hassle, what can be done is to make sure that supplements which have these properties are consumed on a regular basis. Talking about Omega-3 fatty acids, adding a small amount of chia seeds to whatever a person is having has a lot of health benefits. However, as should normally be the case, the person has to make sure that his or her hydration is more or less adequate as the side effect of this not being the case can have a greater impact than the benefits as it can result in constipation!
- Oatmeal is something which somehow finds its way to the breakfast table of a lot of health conscious families and it can be said that this is with good reason. This is because oatmeal has the great property of imbibing the cholesterol which is present in a person’s digestive tract and to a great extent, making sure that this cholesterol does not find its way to the bloodstream where it can cause significant damage to the heart and body in general.
However, instead of eating the instant oatmeal variety, having the comprehensive sort is good as it is likely to be sans sugar, which is something which may not be the case with instant oatmeal. All these health benefits add up and can be mulled over a glass of green tea, which is also amazing for the heart!
The partial or total inability to hear is known as hearing impairment or hearing loss. It can be present at birth, or develop later in life.
There are a number of factors, which may cause hearing loss
1. Age - Age is the biggest factor when it comes to the loss of hearing, and you may lose the ability to hear as you age. This condition is known as presbycusis. It becomes difficult to understand high-frequency sounds like that of a child or a woman when you get old.
2. Noise - When you are exposed to loud noises for a prolonged period of time, it damages your ears. This leads to loss of hearing. 5% of the total population of the world is affected by noise (the degree of suffering varies). It may be a result of continuous exposure to loud music or a sudden exposure to a loud noise like an explosion.
3. Hereditary disorders - Hearing disorder may be inherited by the dominant or recessive genes of parents in the child. 70-80% of these cases inherit from the recessive genes, whereas 20-25% inherit hearing loss from the dominant genes.
4. Trauma - Serious injuries of the head/ears may cause loss of hearing, which may be either temporary or permanent. When damage is caused to the brain, the brain fails to process the message conveyed by the ears. So even if the ears are totally functional, a person may face the problem in hearing.
5. Perinatal problems - The ototoxic effects on the fetus due to excess intake of alcohol during pregnancy lead to hearing the loss in about 64% of the infants born to alcoholic mothers.
Also, premature birth can be associated with hearing loss due to high risk of being exposed to noise in neonatal units.
Knowing about the causes of hearing loss can lead you a step closer to preventing this disorder as you age.
Here are some useful tips that can help prevent hearing loss:
1. Be more aware - You should be diligent and aware of the situations, which may risk your hearing ability and should try to avoid such situations as much as possible. Limit your exposure to sources of hazardous noises like firearms, firecrackers, concerts and clubs.
2. Take precautionary measures - If your occupation calls for working at an environment of loud noises, use earplugs or earmuffs to block out the excessive noise. Also, make sure that you work in a place where employers take all the necessary measures of noise control under the federal or state regulations.
3. Monitor your use of gadgets - Monitor and control the use of hearing devices, and try to reduce the use of headphones/ earphones as much as possible.
Scabies is a type of skin conditions that causes itching and rashes. This dermatological condition is caused by Sarcoptes scabiei, a microscopic mite. It is a contagious condition, which can spread through physical contact. An estimate shows that scabies infects over 300 million people worldwide per year.
This eight-legged microscopic mite creates a tunnel in the human skin and lays eggs in it. These larvae move under the surface of the skin and spread across the whole body, once hatched. Dogs, cats, and mice can also be affected by this disease. It usually takes 2-6 weeks for the symptoms to develop. Signs and symptoms of scabies involve itching, rashes, sores and thick crusts on the surface of the skin.
Some of the risk factors of scabies are:
- Scabies spreads through direct, prolonged skin-to-skin contact with a person who has mites.
- An infected person can easily pass scabies to his/her household or sexual partners. Scabies in adults is usually sexually acquired.
- The likelihood of scabies increases easily under crowded conditions, which involve close body and skin contact. Nursing homes, prisons, and several types of care facilities are sites of scabies outbreaks.
- Immunocompromised, elderly and disabled people also suffer from an increased likelihood of contracting this skin condition.
Complications of scabies include:
- Persistent and vigorous scratching can break the surface of your skin, which can lead to secondary bacterial infections. Impetigo, a superficial infection, is a quite common occurrence in such cases.
- Crusted scabies, the most severe form of scabies, can be common in certain groups. People suffering from diseases such as HIV or leukemia who have weakened immune systems as well as severely ill people have high risks of contracting this condition. This condition, also known as Norwegian scabies, is very contagious and also hard to cure.
Excessive gas can be defined as bloating, belching, flatulence and burping. It does not matter what you call it but what matters is how you treat it and get relieved from the embarrassing symptoms.
Here are some ways in which you can avoid gastric problems:
- Avoid eating foods that can cause gas or acidity. The vegetables which are known to cause acidity are Brussels, onions, garlic and broccoli; dairy products like cheese, milk, ice cream and whole grains can cause acidity. The reason is that these products have fiber, starch and sugar which cannot be digested easily thus causing pain in the intestines. Fruit which contain sorbitol and aerated drinks should also be avoided. Eat everything but in moderation.
- Avoid drinking before meals as the stomach acids are lost and the food cannot be digested well. Water and liquids should be had half an hour after a meal for a better digestion.
- Food should be eaten slowly. Eating and drinking fast allows a lot of air to go in the stomach with the food. This in turn can cause a stomach pain.
- Over the counter drugs can be taken for immediate help in digestion. These medicines contain enzymes which aid in digestion. The enzyme works to dissolve the sugar that is found in many vegetable and fruit.
- Do not fill air in the stomach. Some habits like chewing gum, drinking from a straw, smoking causes the air to fill in the stomach, thereby, leading to gas.
- Artificial sweeteners such as Sorbitol should be avoided as these are difficult to digest and can easily lead to a feeling of bloating.
However, all the pains might not be due to gas and could be a sign of something serious. These could be:
- Lactose intolerance: This is the inability to digest milk and milk products. The sugar in the milk known as lactose and cannot be digested easily.
- Irritable bowel syndrome: People who suffer with pain in the lower abdomen constantly might be suffering from IBS.
- Colon cancer: If the pain lasts too long then getting a screening done is a good idea to rule out if one is suffering from colon cancer or not.
- Upper gastrointestinal disorders: If one gets belching occasionally then it is alright but a constant belching might be a sign of gastrointestinal disorder in the upper tract. These could be gastro esophageal reflux disease (GERD), gastroparesis, or peptic ulcers.