Doctor in Eye Clinic
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Submit a review for Eye ClinicYour feedback matters!
This is a condition which can be caused in the delicate folds of the skin over the eye called the eyelid. The eyelids usually protect us from extreme light, and the entrance of other debris as well as against injuries to the delicate interiors of the eyes. The eyelid may get irritated or experience varied sensations like prickling, burning or itching, with a dull ache or sharp pain due to many reasons. This discomfort and irritation is usually caused by inflammation. Let us learn more about this condition.
Eyelid Inflammation: Blepharitis or eye inflammation is a condition that causes eyelid irritation because of allergic reactions as well as infections, dandruff in the eyelashes and eyebrows, pollutants and varied other causes. Also, poor hygiene can lead to the growth of eyelash lice which can also enter the eyes and lead to inflammation and irritation of the eyelids. A malfunctioning oil gland can also cause this kind of problem along with side effects of certain kinds of medication.
Types of Inflammation: This condition can be of two types :- anterior and posterior. Anterior eye inflammation causes irritation in that part of the eyelids which are outside the eyes where the eyelashes are situated. Dandruff and allergic reactions can also cause this kind of irritation. Posterior eyelid inflammation is a condition that can be found in the inner rims and corners of the eyes where malfunctioning oil glands found in the follicles of the eyelashes can cause this problem leading to blurry or cloudy vision as well.
Symptoms: Apart from irritation and not being able to close the eyes properly, there are many other symptoms of this condition. These symptoms include sensitivity to glares of light, oily eyelids, burning and itching sensation, and a feeling that some particles have entered your eyes and formed a crust on your eyelashes.
Checking for an Infection: Many of these symptoms can point at the presence of an infection, especially when accompanied by fever and headaches. Yet, irritation can also just be a cause of simple inflammation or due to the entry of a foreign body into the eye. Still, it is always best to get the symptoms checked by an ophthalmologist who will conduct a detailed eye exam along with lab tests based on blood samples in order to ensure that there is no bacterium or virus infecting the body.
Treatment: Antibiotics will be used only when there is an infection. As a home remedy for this condition, you can apply a warm wash cloth and clean your eyes frequently. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
There are many organisms that live in our bodies and on the surface of the skin. These are usually harmless and do not cause any damage. But there are many organisms like viruses, fungi and bacteria that can cause infectious disorders known as infections. There are many kinds of infections that can affect the various parts of the body. These are generally caused by various things starting from contaminated food, to transmission from an infected person and more.
Read on to know more about the kind of infections and their causes.
- Common Symptoms: The various kinds of infections usually have common symptoms including fever due the start of the immune system's fight against the infecting organism, as well as cough, cold, chills, fatigue, loss of appetite, loose motions and pain. All these symptoms point at the presence of an infection.
- Types: As mentioned earlier, infections can be of various types. Starting from viral infections that come with the change of seasons with allergy like symptoms, to STDs or sexually transmitted disease that are contagious and can spread with sexual contact, or even throat, stomach and other kinds of infections that can occur due to ingestion of contaminated food, insect bites and much more; there are several types of infections that can afflict the various parts of the body.
- Indirect Contact: There are many surfaces like sinks, faucets, keyboards, tables, door knobs and more, which can carry and pass on infections through contact. This is especially true for public places including public toilets which are the number one cause of UTI or urinary tract infection.
- Insect Bites: Fleas, tick, lice and even mosquitoes are all carriers of germs because they fly from one contaminated place to another, feasting on dirty and contaminated elements. A bite from one such insect can cause infections. Also, if we ingest food on which house flies and mosquitoes have been sitting, then we are risk of contracting infections.
- Food Contamination: Continuing from the point above, food and water contamination can lead to the travel of disease causing germs into your system which can spread infection. This can also happen when you eat old food that has not been stored under proper conditions, as there may be fungi or mould growing on it.
- Direct Contact: One of the causes of infection includes direct causes like contact with an infected person or animal. Coughing or sneezing on someone, getting bitten by an animal, or even mother to unborn child - there are many infections that can be spread in this manner.
Getting vaccinated on time can help in preventing many infections. This is especially important if you are travelling to various countries. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Berries are known to be extremely beneficial to health, and the strawberries, given their wide availability are more popular, especially in the Asian region. Whether as a raw fruit or in a salad, as a smoothie or an ice-cream, strawberries are liked by different people in different forms.
Read on to know some of the common benefits of these wonderful berries.
- Boost immunity: Rich in vitamin C and antioxidants, strawberries boost immunity significantly. A cup of strawberries is enough to get a complete day’s requirements of vitamin C.
- Controlled inflammation: The antioxidants and phytochemicals lower the ability of blood to develop higher cholesterol levels. They help reduce levels of C-reactive protein in the body system, which also controls inflammation. The risk of high blood pressure, heart disease, and stroke is reduced significantly.
- Digestive system: Given their high fibre content, it helps eat less and with reduced calories. It also promotes bowel movement and reduces intestinal inflammation. It also contains nitrate which improves blood flow and helps cleanse the system.
- Antihypertensive: Strawberries are rich in potassium, and this is highly beneficial in controlling blood pressure. Potassium and sodium act conversely, and by increasing potassium, sodium is reduced, which helps lower blood pressure.
- Controls cholesterol: The Ellagic acid and flavonoids are known to reduce low-density lipoprotein or LDL, which is harmful to the heart and overall health. They also reduce oxidative damage, which is a result of chronic inflammation leading to heart disease.
- Anti-aging properties: The biotin in the strawberries also improve skin and hair quality and also promotes tissue regeneration. They promote collagen formation, which reduces wrinkles and improve skin tone and texture. Vitamin C and A are also responsible for its antiaging benefits.
- Stress management: The antioxidants, improved immunity, and reduced inflammation also lead to improved stress management.
- Heart health: The colour of the strawberries comes from flavonoids, which are the main reason for their heart health.
- Eye health: Strawberries have been shown to improve eye health by reducing incidents of cataracts, reduces the degree of macular degeneration, and reduces damage from sun exposure. The vitamin C also strengthens the eyes lens and retina, further contributing to eye health.
- Anti-cancer agent: Strawberries are specifically shown to reduce the incidence of esophageal cancer with their rich content of flavonoids, antioxidants, vitamin C, and most importantly ellagic acid. These suppress cancer cell growth and reduce free radicals in circulation thereby providing protection against cancer.
- Weight management: Not just for people who want to lose weight, but even on a preventive measure, strawberries are good for weight maintenance. Those who want to prevent heart disease and diabetes should help themselves to strawberries.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Your eyes are one of the most important parts of your body. They are delicate and essential. But, there are instances of it getting injured. Corneal abrasion or scratched eye is one of the most common injuries related to the eye. It causes discomfort to the eyes. It also leads to reddening of the eye and makes it hypersensitive to light. Corneal abrasions are caused due to loss of corneal cell in the upper region of the cornea. The top or upper layer is known as corneal epithelium.
Cornea is the front part of the eye. It’s task is to help in focusing of light and enables us to see objects. A good and healthy cornea is needed and a must for having good eyesight. Thus, it is always advisable to visit an ophthalmologist immediately after you notice a corneal abrasion or meet with an accident that has led to corneal injury.
What Are The Factor That Causes Corneal Abrasions?
There are a number of ways that can result in corneal abrasion. It should be kept in mind that anything that comes in direct contact with the eye can lead to corneal injury. It is a painful scratch on the clear part of the eye or cornea.countless ways to get a corneal abrasion. Objects ranging from tree branches, paper, make up tools, finger, pet, debris in the workplace to sports toll, anything can cause an injury to the eye.
Most of the corneal abrasions are n’t caused due to traumatic incidents that are noticeable. Your cornea might get affected by sand, dust and any other tiny object. The chance of corneal abrasion increases with dry eyes. The problem gets worse at the time of waking up from sleep. If your eyes are dry, it will get hurt as the lids can tear and dislodge a part of the cornea. It is a myth that contact lenses protect your eyes. They can also be the cause behind corneal abrasion.
It is important to know that the cornea is one of the most sensitive parts of our body. Any injury in the cornea can be really painful. Other symptoms may include redness, tearing, headache, blurry vision, etc.
Treatments For Corneal Abrasion:
The treatment depends upon the severity of the injury. Minor injuries can be cured with the help of non-preserved lubricating drops. It fastens the natural healing process. These are also treated with the use of antibiotic drops. The healing may take some two to three days times. Contact lens is applied for corneal abrasion.
Treatment for a corneal abrasion depends on the severity of the wound and the cause. Minor abrasions sometimes can be treated with non-preserved lubricating drops to keep your eye moist and comfortable while your eye's natural healing process takes place. In critical cases, an antibiotic ointment might be asked to use for a longer period.
Suddenly a red patch appears in my right eye from nowhere. It emerged yesterday I guess but I noticed it today. It is a red patch above my iris and covered by eyelid. I am not experiencing any itching at all. Should it be of any major concern?
I am 19 years old and I have vision problem (-0.5 both eyes). How to improve my eye sight without spectacles.
I have myopia n in both eye is -3 so what is sphere n cylinder n axis point I ordered a eyeglass but I don't know my sphere cylinder or axis point please help I have to upload prescription pls help but my both eye has -3 please suggest me sphere n cylinder n axis.
Hi Dr. l'm village medical practitioner, suffering from Rt eye its getting light pimple in white portion its light pain, reddish. Already taken Norflox 400, Tobramycin drops. Till its not workout what can I do next please.
Sir there is a swelling around my right eye .which cause irritation nd itchiness .nd this is a lit bit painful. What are its cause.
Eye fatigue is a condition where the eyes are constantly tired and in some amount of pain as well. The other symptoms of this condition can also include swelling, burning and itching. Other ailments and conditions in the body like computer vision syndrome and others can cause this condition as a side effect and it should be referred to an ophthalmologist at the earliest for treatment. So what else do we know about tired eyes or eye fatigue? Here are our list!
Causes: Usually, this condition may be caused by activities that require the constant movement and focus of the eyes for tasks like reading, writing, focusing on the glare and flicker found in computer screens or on smartphones, and more. Also, driving for a long time and exposing the eyes to too much sunlight can lead to this condition. Video games and handheld devices may also lead to the same. Also, the presence of more serious ailments in the body as well as computer vision syndrome that hits roughly 50 to 60% of workers who use computer screens on a daily basis and for long hours, can lead to this condition. Lack of sleep and a poor diet that does not have plenty of nutrients can also cause this condition and other related symptoms.
Symptoms: There are many symptoms of this condition including redness, itching, burning, swelling, watery eyes and much more, which will leave the eyes feeling tired. Also, blurred or cloudy vision may be experienced by patients for whom this condition has become more severe. The patient will also end up facing difficulty when it comes to focusing or driving for long periods of time, and headaches may take over after a few hours of reading or computer screen times. Also, related symptoms include acute pain and dull aches in the neck and shoulders which can trickle down to the upper back region.
Treatment: The best treatment for this condition is with the help of lifestyle changes like cutting down your working hours and taking frequent breaks. Also, you could place your computer screen at least 20 to 26 inches away from your face while you are working so that your eyes are at a more comfortable distance and do not get affected too easily. You must also try and limit your screen time in terms of hand held device usage. A doctor may also carry out an eye exam and prescribe artificial tear inducers or bifocal lenses to deal with the problem.
Persistent eye fatigue must be checked by an ophthalmologist who will arrive at a proper diagnosis and treatment.