Doctor in Dr. Suprashant Kulkarni Clinic
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Suprashant Kulkarni ClinicYour feedback matters!
Yellow peel: what is it, what are the effects and where is it indicated?
Yellow peel are mainly retinoids acid based treatment. The main advantages of this treatment are minimal skin damage, a brief recovery period and a low probability of complications. Retinoic acid peel can also effectively cleanse the skin, has anti-inflammatory effects, makes skin glow, improves skin texture and structure, and provides a lifting effect.
Indications for use of retinoic acid peels:
- lack of collagen production
- disruption of skin's natural moisture balance
- mimic wrinkles
- loss of skin elasticity and strength
- need for skin whitening
- excessive pigmentation caused by solar radiation
- skin aging and photoaging
What to expect post peel?
Post peel active exfoliation start after 3-4 days and remain there till 7 days. For optimum effect yellow peel should be repeated every 3 wks for 3 peels.
The skin is the largest organ in the human body, which measures about 2 square metres approximately 22 square feet. Skin is not just the longest organ alone in our body, but also has numerous amazing roles which most of us don’t realise actually. It not only protects our body from chemical, harmful radiations and sun. It also acts as a major storage area of energy, synthesizes vitamin D and the best indicator of any disorder in your digestive and immune system. But most of us don’t identify the warning signs that our skin shows from the initial stage unless it becomes more severe and start to show drastic skin changes or allergies.
Homeopathy is the system of medicine, which not only identifies the problem of skin from the root level, but also understands the nature of skin of each individual and treats the skin allergies without causing any harmful side effects. As allergies are not common for everybody it is very much necessary to identify the skin nature of every individual and the type of allergen by which the person is affected. Thus, homeopathy way of treating is best for skin allergies.
Here are few best remedies for skin allergies used in homeopathy
- Apis Mellifica: It is the best remedy for hives and utricarial rash. It can be used for any type of allergies with severe burning, itching sensation and rashes
- Natrum mur: Natrum mur is the commonly used homeopathy medicine for nasal and skin allergies
- Sulfur: It is the top most natural homeopathic medicine for treating the skin allergies. It shows wonder in relieving the excessive itching and burning sensations
- Rhus toxicodendron: It is used for treating person with eczema in which the person develops numerous vesicular rashes along with itching, swelling and tingling sensation over the affected area of skin.
- Arsenicum: It is used for treating psoriasis, chronic uriticaria and chronic eczema.
Eczema of the scalp, which results in itching, flaking, or crusting of the scalp, is called scalp peeling or is commonly referred to as “dandruff”. This condition causes increased shedding of normal scalp skin cells. Dandruff may also be caused by a fungal infection, other than just dehydration of the scalp.
The causes of an extremely dry scalp, thereby causing dandruff or even bigger flakes falling from the head onto shoulders and clothes, may be due to scalp psoriasis, eczema, poor nutrition, generalized dehydration, exposure to too much direct heat, and using too much of shampoo.
The three types of dandruff that need to be treated are those resulting from fungal growth, dry scalp and the one resulting from product build-up.
- Fungal growth: This kind of dandruff is a chronic condition, caused by increased oil content on the scalp or an off-balance pH of the scalp. It may also be due to poor cleansing habits, or even an allergic reaction to the hair products one uses. Try switching shampoos, conditioners, or styling products to sulfate-free formulas to cure this condition.
- Dry scalp: Sometimes, the skin of the scalp is literally so parched and dry that it is flaky and falls away like snakeskin. People with this kind of dandruff usually have drier hair and notice a tightness in their scalp. To treat dry-scalp dandruff, it is wise to indulge one’s hair with moisturizing and hydrating shampoos, cut down on or space out harsh chemical treatments like relaxers, permanents, or dyes, and take in more moisture from the inside - drink at least 8 eight-ounce glasses of water a day, and your skin (including your scalp) will show you results that you want. Eliminating sulfates from your shampoos or other hair care products will also help with dry scalp, since these ingredients help strip away natural oils. Brushing hair or massaging the scalp - either with bare fingertips or a few drops of oil - is another great treatment, since massage helps stimulate circulation and bring blood, nutrients, and oxygen to the scalp and hair.
- Product buildup: The most common type of dandruff is due to product buildup. This is what happens when people with otherwise healthy manes and scalps use too many styling products, such as layering gels, hair serum, hairspray, wrap lotions, scalp oils, heat-protecting serum, and so on. Dandruff caused by product buildup usually looks more like small clumps or balls of dirt. It may have a brownish color, since all those products attract and trap plenty of dirt and sweat. Product-buildup dandruff also tends to appear sporadically, only when hair is in need of a wash, whereas other types of dandruff show up more quickly and regularly.
To treat this kind of dandruff, one should wash hair more often or simply aim for using minimum chemical-rich hair products.
I am 18th year old and I have a big white patch in my leg how I do. This patch is 3 year old an its cover my all foot and leg.
I have lost my fairness due to climates. I need some remedies in both of home remedies and any of facewash, cream.please give some idea.
My sister is aged about 40 years. She had a lump in her right breast a mammogram was done and then 2.5 cms lump with benign lymph nodes were noted. A quadrantectomy on right breast only no lymph nodes were extracted. Upon HPE it was revealed that she has ductal infiltrating carcinoma. Then PET CT was done and no distant metastasis and no lymphadenopathy was reveled. It is advised to undergo 4 cycles of CT and the breast only irradiation. Is lymph node removal required.
Impetigo is a disorder caused by bacterial infection resulting in sores and blisters. It usually occurs more in children and less in adults. It is characterized by red sores filled with fluid, along with yellowish brown crusts. It is contagious in nature and may spread via sharing sheets, clothing and towels.
Impetigo may be classified as:
- Bullous impetigo: This type usually occurs in children below two years of age. The body, arms and the legs are the areas where the symptoms first appear.
- Impetigo contagiosa:This form of impetigo usually appears near the mouth and the nose. The rashes are not usually painful but may be itchy. After the blisters burst, they leave red rashes.
- Ecthyma: This is a form of impetigo that affects the second layer of the skin. The blisters may turn into open sores or ulcers. It may also lead to swollen lymph nodes.
The symptoms of impetigo are:
- You may have small red spots that turn to blisters
- The blisters emit fluid
- The blisters may increase in number
In addition to the above symptoms, you may experience swollen lymph nodes and skin lesions.
This disease is caused by strep or staph bacteria. The bacteria enter the body through other skin conditions such as insect bites, eczema, burns and poison ivy. It may also be triggered by irritation of the skin. The likelihood of contracting impetigo increases if you have allergies.
It may also occur if you come in contact with an affected person. Sharing personal items such as bedding, towels or comb may lead to symptoms of impetigo. If you have dermatitis, diabetes or have a weak immune system then you are prone to impetigo. The disease is treated with antibiotics. Mild symptoms of impetigo may be treated by following basic hygiene practices. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD) is a form of digestive disorder, which affects the lower oesophageal sphincters or the muscle ring present between the stomach and the food pipe. GERD incorporates the return of the contents of the stomach back to the oesophagus or food pipe. The functioning of the lower oesophageal sphincter is disrupted.
Causes: Hiatal hernia is a common cause of GERD. An unhealthy lifestyle and diet may also lead to GERD. Intake of an excess amount of chocolates, fried food, coffee or alcohol triggers the chance of a reflux. GERD also occurs in obese people and pregnant women.
Symptoms: Heartburn, also known as acid indigestion, is the primary symptom of GERD. The affected person may feel a burning chest pain which starts from behind the breastbone and reaches up to the throat. The feeling can be defined as food coming back to the throat with a bitter, acidic taste. The burning sensation may last as long as two hours.
Other symptoms include:
- Excess saliva secretion
- Chronic conditions of sore throat
- Gum inflammation
- Tooth cavities
- Unpleasant breath
In order to diagnose GERD, several tests may be conducted . They are:
- An X-Ray of the upper part of the digestive system.
- Endoscopy to examine the inner part of the oesophagus.
- Ambulatory acid test for monitoring the amount of acid within the oesophagus.
- An oesophageal impedance test to measure substance movement inside the oesophagus.
- A person must make several changes to his daily lifestyle and diet plan for treatment of GERD.
- Food and beverages like chocolates, fatty food, coffee, alcohol and peppermint should be avoided in order to reduce the weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter. Several food items irritate the damaged oesophageal lining and should also be avoided. They include citrus fruits, tomato and pepper.
- Smoking cigarettes results in weakening of the lower oesophageal sphincter and should be stopped to reduce GERD.
- One should elevate the head of the bed on which he or she sleeps on blocks measuring 6 inches. This reduces the heartburn as gravity minimizes stomach reflux to return to the oesophagus.
- Over the counter medicines can be used to cure GERD. Antacids are a good example and neutralize the acid in the oesophagus and stomach, reducing heartburn. Combining antacids with foaming agents is also effective. A foam barrier is formed over the stomach, preventing the occurrence of acid reflux.
- Medicines for reducing acid in the stomach are prescribed in cases of chronic GERD, which include H2 blockers by the likes of cimetidine, famotidine or nizatidine.
GERD is a digestive disorder, which causes disruption in digestion, as reflux from the stomach is returned to the oesophagus. Proper treatment measures should be taken. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Is your skin pigmentation becoming uneven because of certain changes going on in your body? This condition is quite common in pregnant women. There are several forms of treatments that are available for the management of this issue and for restoring pigmentation and skin complexion. You can choose from various procedures according to your requirements, and desired results. It is possible to completely diminish the appearance of skin pigmentation. These advanced skin care techniques for pigmentation are suitable for all skin types.
The top skin care treatment procedures for pigmentation are as follows:
Carbon laser peel
- This advanced laser peel is much more effective than chemical peels.
- This is a safe and fast facial treatment, which does not involve a long recovery time. It is ideal for any skin tone or type.
- The damaged outer layers of your skin are removed and the production of collagen in the underlying layers is promoted.
- Skin pores are also minimized as a result.
- The procedure is like a purifying process for deep cleansing of the skin.
- It is also important for controlling acne, inflammation, and sebaceous secretion.
- This is a non invasive procedure used for resurfacing your skin, and does not involve much downtime.
- During the process, the superficial upper layers of dead skin get exfoliated using a flow of crystals.
- Your cell and collagen production gets stimulated which reduces the appearance of large pores.
- Dead skin cells, dirt, oil, and bacteria are also removed, giving you healthy skin devoid of acne and bacteria.
- This treatment procedure is effective in providing healthy and good looking skin.
- This treatment is enhanced with the addition of a certain facial peel.
- It is a three-stage peel that involves an activator that stimulates your skin, a detoxifier for cleansing your skin, and an oxygenator for leaving your skin clear and clean.
Tri Fractional Resurfacing treatment
- This is another effective treatment procedure that is meant for improving your skin pigmentation and overall skin health.
- This noninvasive procedure rapidly improves the appearance of your skin that is scarred by acne.
- By using three-pulse fractional technology for resurfacing your skin effectively and safely, this procedure improves your skin’s appearance dramatically.
- The procedure involves minimal discomfort and the recovery time is quite less.
- Micro wounds created in the target area of your skin triggers your body to heal naturally.
It is important for you to consult a doctor after thinking of undertaking any of these advanced treatment procedures for improving your skin health and pigmentation. A doctor will analyze your skin and suggest you the procedure that is most suitable for you. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The various facial cosmetic surgeries, be in Rhinoplasty, the PRP or the different facelift surgeries (for cosmetic as well as for reconstructive purposes) have made life a lot simpler. Based on the latest and advanced technologies, most of the facial cosmetic surgeries are hassle-free, with a reduced risk of complications. From treating the acne scars to reducing the signs of aging (wrinkles, fine lines, eye bags, or saggy skin, to name a few), the facial surgeries have filled people with a new lease of confidence and positivity. They no longer have to hide their faces with the fear of being ridiculed or humiliated.
However, the facial surgeries may not always produce the desired results. There are few vital factors that should be taken into consideration before one opts for a facial cosmetic surgery.
- Know the credentials of your surgeon well: One wrong surgery (a botched surgery) can spell disaster for the rest of your life. Facial cosmetic surgeries require experience and precision. Most of the cosmetic surgeons undergo special training to master the surgical procedure. Research on your surgeon and the surgical procedure thoroughly before you take the plunge. Go through the reviews of other patients. Zero upon a surgeon only when you are fully satisfied and convinced about their credibility. Though a little expensive, it makes sense to opt for an experienced surgeon with a higher success rate. Most of the cosmetic surgeons are plastic surgeons who undergo special training to master the surgical procedure.
- Are you eligible for the surgery? Not all the people with the same problems can be treated identically. What works for one may not produce the desired result for another. Factors such as the nature and extent of the skin damage, age, as well as other medical problems (such as diabetes or heart problems which may interfere with the surgery triggering complications), should be extensively discussed with the surgeon before the surgery. Do not follow what the world is doing blindly. Go for a surgery that will work the best for you.
- Are you ready for the changes that the surgery will bring along? From dietary restrictions to lifestyle modifications, there will be changes post a facial cosmetic surgery. Some people find it difficult and suffocating to cope up with the changes. They long for the life they used to live. In extreme cases, people may even go into depression over this.
- A facial cosmetic surgery, no matter how advanced, comes with their share of pros and cons. In some cases, the demerit or complications can affect your life drastically. Thus, do not be impulsive in making your decision. Take your time. Understand the changes the surgery will bring along and if you are ready to embrace them.
- How well are you financially equipped for the surgery? The advanced facial cosmetic surgeries can leave a big hole in the pocket. Make sure you are financially prepared to go for the surgery.
- A facial surgery is an important decision of your life. Make sure your family and loved ones are informed about the same. You need their love and support the most.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!