Submit a review for Dr Sourabh Shah's Happysmiles Dental ClinicYour feedback matters!
I can't sleep in night now. I'm stressed. A lot of problem coming into my life. If I sleep in 12 am then after 30 to 40 minute automatically am wake up from sleep. I want to stay in sleep at night. please suggest me a sleeping meds. My ages is 20. Sex- F.
I have a firm moveable lump on the bottom (about even with my shoulder) left side of my neck directly in front of my trapezius muscle. It has been there about 5 months, that I have noticed anyway and just recently got a LITTLE bit bigger. What could this be.
I have lipoma in whole body specially hand and low back. I want to join gym. Is this any issue. If I were do gym. BCOs I want to be good physic.
Therapy for Sleep Disorders
Is 4 hours sleep sufficient for a normal student of age 16? And what are the problems we face, if any?
I am 21, I cannot sleep at night, I don't face any problems sleeping in day time, but sleeping at night is impossible. Earlier I was able to sleep while listening to music, then getting sleep with that stopped, then I was able to sleep having a soft toy at my side, then getting sleep with that stopped, then I started sleeping with my mom and dad and that helped. Now, nothing works. What should I do?
Hi these days I am feeling too much low, can not even wakeup at 5 am, always feel like sleepy. Please advice by seeing I drink Daily.
I am on libotrp 12.5/ 5 mg for insomnia but couldn't get sleep whole night can I take a zolfresh 5 mg now.
Sleep is a vital component of the human construct. This is the time when the body restores itself. While too little sleep can be dangerous for the body, new research has shown that too much sleep has its pitfalls too. Oversleeping is an indication of certain health risk. It also indicates few medical conditions that a person might have. Here is more on the risks of oversleeping:
- Difficult to get pregnant: A study conducted by a Korean research team in the year 2013 found that out of a sample size of 650 women who were undergoing in-vitro fertilization, the ones who got pregnant had 7-8 hours of daily sleep. The study also suggested that sleep can affect menstrual cycles, circadian rhythms, and hormone secretion. While research is yet to find out a direct co-relation between sleep and infertility, a number of researchers are trying to break the jinx.
- Risk of diabetes: A Quebec study conducted in 2013 clearly showed that a person who sleeps for more than eight hours in a day is more risk prone to suffer from type 2 diabetes and reduced glucose tolerance. On a six-period time frame, people who sleep for more than 7-8 hours, are more likely to suffer from diabetes related complication, even if they keep body mass under control.
- Mental health and depression: Depression is a major symptom of oversleeping. While people with depression tend to suffer from insomnia, an estimated 15 percent patients suffering from depression tend to oversleep. Compared to regular sleepers, the ones who oversleep tend to suffer from anxiety symptoms and persistent depression. A recent study has revealed that sleeping too much can increase the chances of genetic heritability. Another study revealed that people who sleep for more than 10 hours can result in mental illness. Another research conducted at the John Hopkins Medical School revealed that an irregularity of the body’s sleeping clock can lead to temporary mental depression.
- Increased inflammation: Oversleeping can increase the risk of certain diseases such as the Alzheimer’s disease, cardiovascular disease etc. A study conducted by a group of researchers revealed that women who slept for more than eight hours are likely to suffer from 44 percent higher C-reactive protein. Another study reported that C-reactive increased by more than 8 percent for every hour of additional sleep an individual takes.
- More pain: While sleep and rest are often associated with healing, oversleeping can, at times, exacerbate symptoms. Spending too much time in bed can aggravate back and shoulder pain. Oversleeping is also associated with a higher frequency of headaches. Oversleeping often triggers one-sided migraine and increases the level of stress in a person.
Doctor I am feeling faint since last 5 days when I sleep or lay on bed I am alright but as soon as I wake up and go outside my building or do some physical work outside I suddenly feel dizzy and feel faint also my legs weaken at that time and my legs and hands shake heart beats go up, it also happens when I am nervous, the issue is from last 5-6 days I got my bp and sugar level checked and its all normal, also I want to inform that I was on medication for 4-5 days due to cold cough and was taking tab cefablast with tab colvaxy and tab cyra, as soon as I stopped my medication I am getting this issue since that day I went to doctor and he gave me vitamin b complex and oral solution kindly help me as this issue is stopping me from doing my regular work, also I need to tell you that I just got a job 1 month back and I have to sit on chair for 9 hours everyday in front of computer if that helps kindly say what to do.
Hello I am getting sleeping problem from last 4-5 days I do not know this is psychological or really some sleeping issue! whenever I go to bed I fall asleep after 1: 30-2 hr and not getting continue sleep I get awake after 2-3 hr of sleep and again after trying to sleep fall asleep for 2-3 hr. And finally after I get up in the morning my whole day just passed by thinking that this night I will fall asleep or not?
My mother has fallen back while going 2 washroom and fractured her right upper inn er thigh. She is aged 73 years. Doctors have advised 3 to 4 weeks of bed rest. And she has stress fracture below her left knee. Pls give her some good advice for quick relief. She is unable to bear the pain of the right leg. Pls relieve her of the pain.
Hi ,I am 36 years old female and have been suffering from insomnia for last 4 years. Tried lot of treatments but all in vain. Could someone please help me by not putting me on sleeping pills and suggesting me some alternative treatment which are effective ?please help me sleep. Looking forward for guidance .God bless.
Sleep apnea is a disorder that affects nighttime breathing and is caused by either a malfunction in the brain that temporarily stops sending signals to the muscles that control breathing, or by an obstruction in the airway.
Causes of Sleep Apnea-
It occurs when muscles in the back of your throat relax, tonsillitis, adenoids, obesity, middle-aged, heart disease, stroke, sedative medicines, large neck circumference, large tongue etc.
Symptoms of Sleep Apnea-
- Feeling of excessively sleepy during a day
- Lack concentration and low memory status
- Short temper
- Hyperactive children
- Leg swelling
- Impotency in males
- Frequent waking up for urination in night
- Tiresome feeling in morning
Homeopathic Treatment of Sleep Apnea-
Homeopathy is one of the most popular holistic systems of medicine. The selection of remedy is based upon the theory of individualization and symptoms similarity by using holistic approach. This is the only way through which a state of complete health can be regained by removing all the sign and symptoms from which the patient is suffering.
The aim of homeopathy is not only to treat sleep apnoea but to address its underlying cause and individual susceptibility. As far as therapeutic medication is concerned, several well-proved medicines are available for sleep apnoea treatment that can be selected on the basis of cause, sensation and modalities of the complaints. For individualized remedy selection and treatment, the patient should consult a qualified homeopathic doctor in person. Some of the most common homeopathic medicines for Sleep Apnea are-
- Arsenicum Album: Arsenicum album is often prescribed for individuals who have breathing difficulties at night and is considered for people with a fearful, tense and agitated response to illness.
- Lachesis: Lachesis is a remedy prescribed for conditions that worsen at night. This medicine is designed for people who are typically fearful and anxious, but also prone to jealousy and excessive talking.
- Sulphur: By reputation, sulphur is a commonly prescribed homeopathic remedy, especially for nighttime congestion and sweating. Homeopathic sulphur combats a wheezy cough and congested head, both of which are suffered in sleep apnea.
- Spongia Tosta: This remedy for croup may help congestive sleep apnea sufferers as it treats respiratory symptoms that worsen when lying down.
Before taking these medications, it is important to visit the doctor who will take a detailed case history of your problem and prescribe the right dosage and combination of medication.