Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Rita's Dew - Derma ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Impetigo is a type of skin infection commonly seen in children and rarely in adults. It is contagious in nature; bacteria like staphylococcus aureus and at times, streptococcus pyogenes, are responsible for the occurrence of this infection. Generally, the face, hand and neck regions of the children get affected. Impetigo can be classified into two kinds: non-bullous impetigo or impetigo contagiosa and bullous impetigo.
Non-bullous impetigo appears like red sores, which burst rapidly, leaving behind a brownish yellow crust and is more contagious in nature. Bullous impetigo, on the other hand, is generally painless and the blisters are fluid-filled.
The causes of impetigo are as follows:
1. Warm and humid climate may trigger impetigo
2. Contact with an infected child can spread the infection to a healthy child.
3. Cuts or injuries can be responsible for impetigo
4. Sports like football and wrestling can also sometimes lead to impetigo.
5. Insect bite and skin rashes
6. Prolonged use of diapers
7. Skin problems like eczema or burns
8. Skin inflammation may also result in impetigo.
9. At times, animal bites may also result in impetigo.
Impetigo is generally noticed in children belonging to the age group of two-five years. Some of the most common symptoms of impetigo are mentioned below:
1. Blisters that are filled with fluid
2. Red colored sores can pop out on the infected region
4. Lymph nodes may become swollen
5. Pus may come out from the sores
6. Sometimes the sores may look like pimples
Impetigo, though easily curable, must not be ignored as it can spread rapidly to the other parts of your body. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.
When to Consider Breast Augmentation-
- If you want a better proportioned or more appealing figure.
- If you wish your clothes fit better.
- When pregnancy, weight loss or aging has affected the size and shape of your breasts.
- To restore symmetry if one of your breasts is smaller than the other.
Breast enhancement surgery is mainly done using:
- Implants: While performing breast surgery using implants, the surgeon will make an incision, lift up the breast tissue, create a pocket in your chest, and place the implant there. Generally, the breast implants are of two types, namely silicone and saline. Although both implants consist of an outer shell made of silicone, the difference lies in the internal content of the implant. Saline implants contain sterile or saline water, whereas silicone breast implants are generally filled with silicone gel.
- Fat Transfer: For breast enhancement techniques using fat transfer, liposuction is used to take fat from a part of your body that generally has a higher content of fat. This includes the abdomen or the thighs. This extracted fat is processed and then inserted into the breasts.
The safety of the type of breast enhancements depends on:
- Ruptures: Ruptures are risks with both forms of breast implant. The ruptures may result due to surgical error or a fall. Rupture of a saline implant only results in the leakage of harmless and absorbable saltwater. On the other hand, rupture of silicone implants causes leakage of silicone that tends to remain in the body and sometimes, may spread out of the breast and into the nearby lymph nodes.
- Aesthetic Results: The look and feel of silicone breast implants is given more preference because they are similar to real breast tissues. Saline implants tend to cause rippling of the skin.
- Surgical Differences: Saline implants can be filled after implanting. Hence, they require a smaller incision as compared to pre-filled silicone implants. Additionally, adjustment of saline implants after surgery is possible. However, the standard size of pre-filled silicone implants cannot be altered.
- Eligibility: Age criteria for women undergoing breast enhancements using saline implants is 18 and above, while for silicone implants, the minimum age is 22.
- The individual is kept under observation for a few days post the breast enhancement surgery. The breasts are covered in gauze dressings for a week before the patient is discharged.
- After discharge, one is advised to wear a support bra for the first few weeks till the implants set in. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I have lot of pimples on shoulder and back of body. I won't eat any oil foods ,any junk food. Pimples are not growing know but. Marks which appeared are not disappearing. Is there any way to reduce.
Aging is not just a matter of your skin care regimen and the products that you use. If you are using path breaking products and ignoring your diet and exercise routine, then you are setting yourself up for premature aging, despite the best and most expensive treatments. A poor diet on a constant basis over a period of many months and years can cause irreparable damage to the delicate skin of your face as well as the other parts of your body. (Know more about acne problem)
So find out about the six kinds of food that may be aging you.
- Sugar: This may not come as such a surprise. The next time you decide to reach out for a fistful of candy or chocolates, think about the effect it may have on your skin and its elasticity. A sugar overdose can start a process that doctors’ term as glycation. This usually happens when you end up ingesting more sugar than the cells of your body can handle, process or even accommodate. In this process, there is a production of advanced glycation end products which can damage the collagen of your skin. Collagen is the element which renders youth and elasticity to your skin. (Learn more about diabetes problem)
- Alcohol: The dehydrating effect of alcohol is well known to everyone. The body takes a long time to break down alcohol, which means that the effect lasts longer. So if you have been persistently ingesting large amounts of alcohol on an almost daily basis, then you will need to think of the effect that all the dehydration is having on your skin which can give rise to premature wrinkles and lines.
- Charred Meat: If you are a fan of smoked steak and meat dishes, then you will need to read this point. The inflamed hydrocarbons breaks down the precious collagen present in the skin even as it makes your face and skin look puffy due to the effect of inflammation. Also, this may contaminate your next meal, so remember to clean up the grill properly.
- Salt: Excessive consumption of salt can lead to many problems for the body and the skin as well. It causes the body to retain excess water which can give you a bloated look. You can use a caffeine based moisturiser for a quick release of excess fluids in such cases.
- Processed Food: Packaged and processed food that has been frozen with preservatives and excess salt for a long time can harm your skin by stripping away the mineral and nutrient reserve that is usually replenished with right eating.
- Spicy Food: The skin reacts to constant ingestion of spicy food as this dilates the blood vessels and leaves the skin looking blotchy.