Submit a review for Dr. Ramesh Maheshwari Wnho ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Depression is a very common disease and affects every aspect of your life including your physical relation to your partner. Depression and some antidepressants curb sexual drive. This has a negative effect on the depression as sex releases 'happy hormones'. Thus, depression and your sex life share a cyclic relationship. The effect of depression on your sex life is a result of both brain functioning and physical changes in the body. Women are more likely to suffer from a reduced libido as an effect of depression.
When it comes to depression and your sex life, there is no universal form of treatment. However, it is important not to stop treatment for depression in fear of a lowered libido. The sexual side effects can be addressed later.
Here are a few things you can do to improve your Sex life:
Ask your doctor to adjust medication
In cases where the antidepressant curbs libido, lowering or adjusting the drug dosage can be a solution to treat the depression without curbing sexual desire. Do not attempt to adjust your medication on your own. Your doctor may also change the drug to another that does not affect your sex drive. You could also try adjusting the schedule of drug intake such that you medicate yourself after sex. Alternatively, you could ask your doctor to prescribe medication such as Viagra to boost your libido.
If your curbed libido is an effect of the depression itself, antidepressants may help you enjoy sex more. You should know that anti depressants can take a few months to have an effect.
Break the pattern
Depression often makes a person withdraw from others and cease to enjoy any experience. This becomes a thought pattern that cannot be cured with medication. Talking to a counselor can help unlearn these thought patterns and help people form new social bonds. As part of the treatment, the patient will need to find and explore new ways of enjoying sex that can strengthen strained relationships.
Talk to your partner
Having an open conversation with your partner is key to improving relationships and one's sex life. Talk about your sexual needs and help your partner understand your mental barriers to sex. Find forms of foreplay that appeal to both of you. It is also important for you and your partner to understand that there is no 'standard' to how often you should have sex or how you should feel after it.
I am addicted to masturbating and viewing porn sites. My weight is also increasing, at present my weight is 86 kg height 177 cms .hair fall is also there and sometimes suffer with body ache specially lower back ache. Pls suggest me some solution.
Kegel exercises are simple contraction-and-relaxation exercises that make the pelvic muscles stronger. The pelvis area holds a person's genitalia, which contains a series of muscles and tissues that work in coordination and combination to perform sexual and bowel functions. A set of weak pelvic muscles would lead to issues such as the inability to control bladder and bowel functions.
Finding the right muscles can be troubling. An easy way to locate these muscles would be to place a clean finger inside the vagina and tighten the vaginal muscles around it. Another way would be to stop urinating mid-flow. This is because the pelvic muscles, which pertain to sex, help to control this action too. Once a woman finds the right muscles, all she has to do is to contract and relax them periodically.
Kegel exercises are highly beneficial for sexual functions in a number of ways. Some of the benefits include:
- Kegel exercises help to control stress incontinence, which is a condition that causes spontaneous discharge of urine when abdominal pressure increases suddenly. This means a person would leak urine when he/she laughs, coughs, jogs, sneeze or lifts anything weighty.
- Kegel exercises also help to prevent urge incontinence, which has been described as a sudden and strong urge to urinate. In a healthy bladder, the muscles remain relaxed as the bladder progressively fills up. As the bladder finally fills up, a person gets the urge to urinate. In case one has urge incontinence, the bladder might feel full even if it is not. Kegel exercises help to strengthen these muscles and recover control.
- Kegel exercises can be particularly helpful after childbirth. This is so because pelvic muscles stretch and weaken during childbirth, which can cause problems such as urinary incontinence and can also cause the muscles to sag. In these cases, Kegel exercises are helpful.
Premature ejaculation is the uncontrolled occurrence of an ejaculation at the beginning or early stages of sexual activity. There are many causes of this condition including stress, anxiety with a new partner, guilt, depression as well as medical reasons like hormonal imbalances and as a side effect of certain kinds of medication. The main symptom is an ejaculation that happens with minimal sexual excitement or stimulation.
It is basically a form of male sexual dysfunction that can be diagnosed with the help of a physical examination where the doctor can also ask questions pertaining to stress levels and other medications and ailments. So, how can one deal with premature ejaculation? Here are a few tips-
1. Relaxation Techniques: One can practise breathing exercises and other relaxation techniques including meditation that can help in distracting the mind so that there is less scope of anxiety. This can also help in putting the patient in the right frame of mind where he can actually enjoy the process of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement to peak and orgasm.
2. Avoiding Substance Abuse: Doctors usually recommend avoiding excessive consumption of alcohol so that the senses are more alert. Also, one must completely avoid smoking in such conditions, as tobacco can have an adverse effect on the sexual health of a person. Other substance abuse should also be avoided.
3. Therapy: The patient can also seek psychological therapy and counselling so as to unravel any deep rooted psychological cause or trauma that may be keeping him from enjoying sex in an uninhibited manner. It is possible to understand the connection between childhood trauma, guilt, depression, anxiety, and stress if a person takes help from a professional practitioner who will also recommend some form of cognitive behavioural therapy to deal with the issue and overcome the problem and feelings that are hindering a normal sex life.
4. Medical Intervention: A doctor can help in examining the presence of any infection or side effects of any intense or long term medication with the help of a physical examination and even lab tests that can study the urine and blood samples. Accordingly, a suitable path of medicinal therapy can be followed, if required.
5. Sexual Positions: One can try different kinds of sexual positions and scenarios for more imaginative role play and better sexual excitement which can delay the ejaculation. A person can also learn to be more intimate with the partner so as to identify the triggers that lead to premature ejaculation.
Many times, premature ejaculation goes away with the passage of time. But a chronic and debilitating problem must be reported to a doctor for better treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
Both women and men suffer from infertility troubles. There are a host of causes that may lead to infertility in men such as lifestyle choices and obesity. Male infertility is characterized by irregular sperm function or reduced sperm count. Infertility has emerged as a common problem as a result of the modern day lifestyle. Extremely hectic schedules, stress, burnout, depression, unhealthy diets; all of these can contribute to fertility issues.
The various reasons for infertility in men are:
- If you are overweight, then it is time to lose those extra kilos. Obesity leads to a number of health problems, one of them being erectile dysfunction.
- Various hormonal problems such as complications of the hypothalamus, pituitary and adrenal glands may lead to low testosterone levels in the body.
- Various infections such as inflammation of the testicles and epididymis that causes blockage of the tubes carrying the sperm can be a cause.
- Various medications such as using anabolic steroids, antifungal medications and chemotherapy may hamper production of the sperm and thus hit fertility.
- Both alcohol and cigarettes may cause problems in sperm production, and cause erectile dysfunction. Excessive drinking may lead to complications in the liver resulting in infertility.
The reasons of infertility may range from medical causes to lifestyle choices; some of the causes may be related to the environment. A common cause of infertility is due to problems with transportation of the sperm. These are mainly due to blockages in the tubes that carry the sperm.
Symptoms of infertility in men are:
- You may experience low libido
- Your sperm count may be low
- You may experience lumps or swellings in the testicles
- Chromosomal complications such as reduced body hair
- You may have chronic respiratory problems
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an urologist and ask a free question.
My wife doesn't cooperate to her full extent during sex. While she enjoys the moment but doesn't ignite my mood. We are having a months child.
I am having frequent pre-ejaculation of colorless liquid when I having even a little sexual arousement. It is quite frequent about 3-4 times a day for which I am worried. I am 20 years old.
Hello Doctor I used to masturbate daily. Now I'm facing a slight pain near my left kidney and far object appear blurred to me. Is it due to excessive masturbation? Can I recover from it? Please help as soon as possible. Than you.
I have masturbation much more for last 8-9 years. I have no friend in my village that I could spend times with them. So I am feel lonely in home. Father mother have. I need a job immediately. But due to masturbation I feel I am not comfortable for any job. I am only hs passed with 53% and studying graduate. But I can attention in my study. I am economically poor. I am feeling bad from all the sides sex, God, heath, economical sport love, job, work, conversation, friend, and all side of my life. Therefore sometimes I want to suicide. masturbation is my main problem. And I am not physically strong. I cannot pass in pst/pet in Ssc, army etc. I am living a very very bed live. I have headache, masturbation problem, eye problem (probably), sinus, season cold, gastric problem. Sex problem etc. I am interested in laptop, mobile. I got a laptop in hslc wiyh 60% marks. I watch movie, blue film. Some times when mother orders me to don't watch tv, mobile, I am getting angry. One day I broken my laptop when I was angry. That time I thought now I have nothing. I wanted to suicide. When the father mother will die, I will suicide (i thought). I am think less. But when I think something I do quickly. I don't think its plus and minus point. I think I will get rid of masturbation. I cannot till now. My longest time of get rid of masturbation was 1 month. Then I start it again. I masturbation 4-5 weekly. I am losing my sex power. So what can I do?
Hello sir, I am 23 years old and my height is 6 feet but my penis is very small (normal: 1.5 inch, erect: 4 inch, but my friend penises are very long and massive than my penis, they are critising me, they said my penis is like a five years boy penis, I feel frustrated, I am not even to live, please help me to increase my penis.
HPV refers to Human Papillomavirus. This is a common virus, which has got more than 100 different types and over 40 of these types are transmitted sexually. This virus may cause cervical cancer and cases of genital warts. It is likely to occur in people who are sexually active to contract genital HPV, and it is not accompanied by any signs or symptoms. The virus is transmitted via skin to skin contact and is severely infectious in nature. Using condoms may reduce the risk of spreading of this virus, but is not always successful.
There are two major vaccines for HPV.
- Gardasil: This vaccine prevents the most common HPVs which are associated with genital and anal cancer, and also warts of both genital and anal type.
- Cervarix: This type of vaccine prevents HPV associated with the occurrence of cervical cancer.
Reasons for vaccination against HPV
HPV vaccines are recommended to girls between 11 and 12 years. It is also given to girls and women between the age of 13 and 26 years, who have never been vaccinated against HPC before. These vaccines should be given to females before they start being active sexually and get exposed to the HPV virus. Sexually active females benefit from these vaccines as well, but the effect is less.
Here are three reasons why you should vaccinate against HPV:
- All types of HPV vaccine help in the elimination of the viruses which cause cervical cancer. Viruses causing cancer in the vulva, vagina or anus are also targeted by these HPV vaccines. The HPV vaccines also protect against genital or anal warts. HPV vaccines work effectively in the prevention of cancers caused by HPC viruses and also curb the common health problems which are accompanied.
- The effect of HPV vaccines is quite long lasting in an individual who is vaccinated against HPV. Usually it lasts for ten years or more without having any related disorders or cancers. The protection does not weaken over time and remains stable.
- HPV vaccines are licensed by the FDA to be completely safe and efficient to use. Extensive studies have been carried out globally, and no safety concerns have ever arisen. The side effects of HPV vaccines are usually quite mild. However, a little amount of pain, dizziness and nausea are involved.
HPV vaccines are a series of effective vaccines, which prevent the occurrence of cervical cancer and other cancers which are sexually transmitted. They are generally given to women before getting sexually active to prevent transmission of HPV viruses. Some HPV vaccines are prescribed to males as well. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I have some small dot`s in my penis like a pimples. I do not understand what is this. Tell me sir what to do.
Men are always concerned about their size and in extreme cases, this concern is also a cause of anxiety disorders. Even though, a large penis does not provide men any edge in terms of sexual pleasure, still it is big cause of concern for most of them. Other factors like erectile function and length of sexual intercourse play a more important role in sexual pleasure.
Here are the 5 ways to enlarge your penis:
- Have lots of fruits and vegetables: For a healthy and long penis, you need to have fruits and vegetables high in antioxidants. These elements are very helpful in fighting free radicals (elements that damage your body) that form in the blood vessels. Additionally, antioxidants also help in strengthening the blood vessels.
- Say yes to exercise: Exercising regularly can significantly affect your penis size and cause you to have a long and healthy penis. By exercising from time to time, you end up improving blood flow to the organ as well as clearing up the blood vessels.
- Cut down on your stress levels: Stress and anxiety can also reduce the size of your penis. This happens as negative feelings cause blood to flow from the penis. As a result, it becomes very difficult to increase the size of the organ. Another reason that can contribute to the small size of your penis may be sexual performance anxiety.
- Quit or reduce smoking: Smoking can considerably affect the size of your penis due to the blockage that small tobacco smoke particles create in the arteries that supply blood to the penis. Moreover, since smoking is associated with heart diseases, the flow of blood to several organs in the body gets affected including the penis.
- Take a warm shower: A warm shower can aid in increasing blood flow to not only your body but also the penis. The warmth of the water aids in augmenting blood flows into the organ, enabling the growth of the penis.
Gone are the days when a man is only attracted towards a woman and vice-a-versa. In today's fast changing scenario one can experience physical attraction towards anyone. With the ever widening spectrum of definitions attached to gender and sexuality, we acquaint ourselves with an enormous range of gender notions and understandings pertaining to sexuality. Gone are the days of the water-tight polarities of male and female bodies and their mutual attractions. The society is by and large opening up to the possibility of sexual attractions besides and beyond the normative bounds of heterosexuality or so we hope.
One of the most significant struggles of contemporary times is the quest for acceptance and acknowledgement of queer identities and breaking all the discriminatory stigmas attached to them. While one cannot really be inveigled into advocating one form of sexuality over the other, the main argument of the movement is to allow anyone and everyone to freely express and exercise their sexual affinities and identities beyond the restrictions of sex, gender, class, caste, race or any such constructed categories.
Amidst the struggle for championing the cause of free love, there are certain nuances about one's sexuality that have emerged as discrete identities within the larger understanding of the LGBTQ movement.
Among the others, Pansexuality is relatively a more incipient concept.
Unlike bisexuality, which conforms to the conventional gender definitions, i.e male and female and professes attraction to both or either, pansexuality is a more inclusive expression of sexuality wherein one feels attracted to anyone, irrespective of one's sex or gender identity. Pansexuality vouches for strong sexual feelings for those who may not identify with a specific gender and consequently, includes transgender and transsexuals within its purview.
A pansexual is never inhibited or restricted by a person's gender or sex. Initially coined by Sigmund Freud to describe the basis of human interactions in purely sociological terms, the term was later adopted by the LGBTQ activities to describe the group of people whose sexual predispositions were not delineated by gender constructs. For a pansexual, there is a lurking and consistent possibility of getting attracted to anybody at any given situation. Numerous celebrities like Laci Green and Miley Cyrus are explicitly pansexual.
However, the pansexual community is constantly plagued by myriad indignities and disgraces. Many have labelled them debauch and promiscuous while others try to sympathize with them perceiving them as led awry and confused. In fact one of the major misconception with regard to pansexuality is that it is synonymous to bisexuality. Yet others deride this claim by stating that it is merely a modern fad with no genuine basis.
Like it or not, pansexuality is a reality, relevant to a lot of our lives. In fact, it secularized love to an unprecedented extent and really lets nothing come in the way. In a world strewn with hostility, hatred and violence, if a sizeable number wishes to advocate indiscriminate and unhindered love, it surely bodes happiness for all.
Sexual Aversion Disorder
Persistent or recurrent extreme aversion to, And avoidance of, all(or almost all) genital sexual contact with a sexual partner.
Sexual aversion is severe irrational fear to sexual activity which leads to avoidance of sexual situations. It affects males as well as female.
The disturbance causes marked distress or and interpersonal when confronted by a sexual opportunity with a partner. The aversion to genital contact may be focused on a particular aspect of sexual experience (e. g. genital secretion).some individuals experience generalized aversion to all sexual stimuli including undressing, touching and kissing. The intensity of reaction may range from moderate anxiety to extreme psychological distress. Some individuals may experience profound sweating, panic attacks, feeling of terror, faintness , nausea, diarrhea, palpitation, dizziness and breathing difficulties. There may be markedly impaired interpersonal relations and marital dissatisfaction. The individual may avoid sexual situations by covert strategies like going to sleep early, using substances or being over involved in work.
1. Severely negative parental sex attitudes
2. History of sexual trauma
3. Gender identity confusion
The goal of the treatment is to reduce the fear and avoidance of sex by the individual. Systematic desensitization: all the anxiety-provoking stimuli are arranged in an ascending level sand the individuals is exposed to, one by one, from the least anxiety-provoking stimulus to the most anxiety-provoking stimulus. Initially, the individual is gradually exposed to imagination under relaxation and then to the actual sexual situation that generates anxiety.
Marital therapy is used for correction of relational problems.
Persistent or recurrent ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation before, on, or shortly after penetration and before the person wishes it.
It has been difficult to define 'Premature ejaculation' since there is a great variation in the physiology of ejaculation. International Society for Sexual Medicine (ISSM) has defined (PE) as 'Ejaculation in less than 60 seconds from the start of intercourse.
PE is seen in young men from their first attempt at intercourse. Later they acquire the ability to delay the orgasm after an adequate function. PE can create tension in the relationship. Wife's estimate of the duration of time from the beginning of intercourse until ejaculation , as well as her judgment of whether PE is a problem, can be quite misleading. PE can create tension in the relationship.
Patients may misinterpret secretion from bulbourethral glands as semen and label himself suffering from P.E. Some may see prolonged period of intercourse in blue films and feel it as standard. Some may think that anything short of the ability to prolong till wife's orgasm is PE. Some think duration mentioned by a friend is normal.
Patient tries their own way to prolong the period by diverting attention, pinching self, using a condom during the intercourse, drinking alcohol or masturbating prior to intercourse. All these are found to be unproductive techniques. In attempting to control orgasm, man is distracting himself from stimulation of touch and arousal, and he fails to enjoy his sexual feelings and may lose the erection. Therefore, emphasis should be on increasing penile stimulation and not avoid it.
Hurried sexual experience.
The excessive sensitivity of glans.
Rapid ejaculatory reflex.
Fear of losing an erection.
Fear of detection.
Counseling of Couple is done. It is emphasized that problem is not in genitals, the problem is in the brain.
It is based on systemic desensitization to bring about behavioral modification.
Male Orgasmic Disorder
Persistent or recurrent delay in, or absence of, orgasm following a normal sexual excitement phase during sexual activity.
In this disorder, a male cannot reach orgasm during intercourse although can ejaculate by partner's manual or oral stimulation. Some can ejaculate only during masturbation. Some have ejaculation during sleep but not in waking period.
Orgasm and ejaculation though occur simultaneously, are different entities. Orgasm can occur in the absence of ejaculation and vice versa.
Dislike for a partner.
Spinal cord lesion.
Guilt regarding nocturnal.
Fear of pregnancy.
Inadequate sexual stimulation.
High threshold of ejaculatory reflex.
Sensate Focus exercise (mutual pleasuring) is employed daily for first 3 days. Since sex is not allowed, it eliminates the pressure to perform.
Once this is achieved, she stimulates him to the highest degree and as a man approaches ejaculation she inserts penis in the vagina in a woman on top position. If a man is unable to ejaculate she again stimulates him manually and again reinserting when ejaculation is imminent.
Used for stimulation of the penis.