Doctor in Ananya Clinic
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment of Urinary Tract Infection
Treatment of Urine Stone
Hydrocele Treatment (Surgical)
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Urology Minimally Invasive Surgery
Kidney Transplant Treatment
Treatment of Urinary Retention
Blood In Urine (Hematuria) Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedures
Transurethral Resection Of The Prostate (Turp) Pro
Reconstructive Urology Surgery
Minimally Invasive Urology Surgery
Transurethral Incision Of The Prostate (Tuip) Proc
Submit a review for Ananya ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Devendu Laxmikant Shah to be very helpful. Thank sir, sure i will get examined, sir whether it is serious prblm
Kidney stones are formed inside the kidneys and tend to block them up. They are nothing but a type of mineral deposits inside the kidneys. An excruciating pain is caused when a person has stone in his kidney. But the right change in your lifestyle can prevent your kidney stones. People with family history of kidney stones should take extra precaution. Mentioned below are a few ways that can help prevent kidney stones:
- Drink Plenty of Water: Water is the best friend for your excretory system. It has the ability to flush out all the toxic substances from your body without causing them to form a lump inside your kidneys. So, your urine will not become more concentrated than necessary.
- Sodium Intake Should Be Cut Off: A high sodium diet increases the chance of formation of stones in the kidneys. When you have a higher concentration of salt in your urine, the calcium will not be reabsorbed into the blood. Thus, chances of formation of kidney stones will increase with the appearance of calcium in the blood. Packaged meals, canned soups, potato chips and smoked meats should be avoided.
- Calcium Intake Should Be Increased: Just as the sodium intake should be decreased, the calcium intake should be increased. Consuming calcium-rich foods will lessen your chances of kidney stones formation.
- Calcium Oxalate Should Be Avoided: Calcium oxalate is a strict no if you want to avoid the kidney stones and have a good renal health. This is because according to a study, the most composition of kidney stones includes the calcium oxalate. But this is only for those people who are at high risk of developing kidney stones but when calcium oxalate levels are maintained they can even work to reduce the risk of kidney stones.
- Curb Your Alcohol Consumption: Alcohol is the worst enemy to your health. Starting from liver problems to kidney stones, they can lead to a variety of diseases. They can lead to dehydration due to their ability to increase fluid output but at the same time preventing fluid absorption.
- Stop Taking Caffeine: The main property of caffeine is an increased rate of metabolism in the body and this leads to an increased form of dehydration as well. This leads to the formation of even a higher number of stones. So don’t consume coffee or other drinks that contain caffeine.
- Animal Protein Should Be Reduced: The animal protein has a tendency to form uric acids in the body and kidney stones as well due to their high acidity and thus they should be avoided.
- Herbal Remedies Are Helpful: There are quite a number of herbal remedies that are helpful in this case. Several herbs prevent the formation of stones in the kidney.
So, these are some of the ways in which you can prevent the formation of kidney stones and save yourself from the pain that follows. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I was having Kidney stone of 7 MM and I took Ayurvedic medicine after taking them I am suffering from problem of ejaculation so I want to ask did I need to take any medical treatment for it or will it be correct automatically?
Urology is a branch of medicine that deals with the diseases and disorders of the male and female urinary system and the male reproductive organs. It is a specialized branch of medicine that has been in existence for a long time and has advanced in many ways over the past two decades, courtesy the introduction of the laser technology. Laser technology has helped urologists tremendously and they have been able to treat a number of patients through laser-assisted surgery. The use of lasers has made it possible for the urologists to utilize endoscopic instruments with small-diameter that allow them to see the minutest details of the urinary tract and treat the complex cases with ease.
- Laser in bladder outlet obstruction: Bladder outlet obstruction is a blockage at the base of the bladder, which slows down or stops the flow of urine to the urethra, causing discomfort to the patient. Most men in their old age suffer from this problem and laser technology helps in conducting the surgical procedure to remove this blockage. It has been found that laser-assisted surgery results in lesser loss of blood as compared to open surgery. In some cases, blood transfusion after surgery is not required at all. Also, the hospital stay post operation is shorter, which ensures more comfort to the patient.
- Laser in urolithiasis: The formation of kidney stones in the urinary tract is known as urolithiasis. Treatment of this conditions requires surgical intervention and it is nowadays done with the help of endoscopic intracorporeal laser lithotripsy. This technique uses strong beams of laser light to locate the stones, fragment them, and remove them from the urinary tract. The laser technology is safe and can be used in the case of pregnant women too. It can easily access the hard stones present in difficult locations.
- Laser in benign prostatic hyperplasia: Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) refers to the enlargement of the prostate. Some of the symptoms of this condition include a frequent urge to urinate, problems in urination, inability to urinate, and loss of bladder control. It can also lead to UTI (urinary tract infection) and stones. It can be treated with photoselective vaporization of the prostate (PVP) in which the excess prostate tissues are melted away and the prostate shrinks back to its original state. Holmium laser ablation of the prostate (HoLAP) also does the same but holmium laser enucleation of the prostate (HoLEP) cuts the excess tissue blocking the urethra.
- Laser in bladder cancer and urinary tract strictures: Bladder cancer refers to the abnormal growth of cells in the urinary tract and this is mostly found in the form of tumors. The tumors can be cancerous and transurethral bladder tumor resection (TURBT) laser technology can help in diagnosis, staging, as well as the treatment of malignant tumors. It makes use of cystoscope to remove the tumor. In case of urinary tract strictures, the urethra becomes narrow, hindering the passage of urine. It can be caused due to an infection or injury. With endoscopic urethrotomy and usage of the cystoscope, the urologist removes the stricture or makes it evaporate with the help of a laser.
Laser technology is of immense value to urologists and offers many advantages to the patients as well. It is more comfortable and with more advances being made in this field, the future looks even brighter for the doctors as well as patients. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!