Doctor in Ashakiran Hospital
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Ashakiran HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
First of All what is endometriosis ?
Most of the females are don’t Know what endometriosis is. Endometriosis is a disorder in which tissue that normally lines the uterus grows outside the uterus. Called “endometriosis”
Here are some common symptoms experience in endometriosis:
Pain areas: in the lower back, lower abdomen, pelvis, rectum, or vagina.
Gastrointestinal: constipation or nausea.
Abdominal: abdominal fullness or cramping.
Pain circumstances: can occur during sexual intercourse or while defecating.
Menstrual: abnormal menstruation, heavy menstruation, irregular menstruation, painful menstruation, or spotting.
Factors that can cause endometriosis
One of the Cause of endometriosis is Environmental influences:
Environmental factors trigger endometriosis. Several studies point to toxins as contributing to the development of the disease. These toxins can have a cause on the immune system’s response and reproductive hormones.
Second Cause of endometriosis Genetic disposition (sometimes also called genetic susceptibility):
A genetic predisposition outcome from particular genetic variations that are often inborn from a parent.
There is a genetic link in first-degree relatives, so family history could be one of the reasons women develop endometriosis.
Third Important Cause of endometriosis is Metaplasia:
Metaplasia happens when regular tissue changes to abnormal tissue. There are times when the endometrial tissue can, in some cases, swap other types of tissues outside the uterus.
Fourth Cause of endometriosis is Immune system:
Immune system may not be able to detect and destroy endometrial tissue Problems with the immune system can prevent the destruction of the pain, infertility, and damage caused by endometriosis could be due to an overactive immune system
Fifth Cause of endometriosis of vascular distribution:
Doctors consider that some endometrial fragments may travel through blood vessels or the lymphatic system to other parts of the body.
During pregnancy, flu (influenza) can impose serious health implications for both the mother and the child. Due to pregnancy, the risk of developing complications like pneumonia are very high, which can pose as a problem during childbirth. Miscarriage, low birth weight, premature birth are some of the major issues, which might develop if the mother has suffered from flu during her pregnancy. Although flu vaccination during pregnancy has certain risks, it has been observed that in most cases the benefits of inactivated influenza vaccine outweigh the risks. However, Live attenuated influenza vaccine is not recommended at all during pregnancy.
Recommendations across the world suggest that prevention of influenza by administration of inactivated influenza vaccine is the best intervention in pregnancy. The vaccine for Flushould be administered before the onset of flu season. RANZCOG, NHS UK, RCOG, FOGSI recommends inactivated flu vaccine for all the pregnant women unless there are any contraindications.
Taking inactivated influenza vaccine can be beneficial in multiple ways:
1. Prevents maternal complications: During pregnancy, the heart and lungs go through extra stress. Pregnancy can also severely impact your immune system. Opting for a inactivated flu vaccine can decrease significantly, the chance of falling severely ill due to flu.
2. Prevents pregnancy problems due to flu: Getting infected by flu during pregnancy can increase the chance of miscarriage during childbirth. Administering inactivated flu shots can prevent miscarriage as well as premature birth and low birth weight.
3. Protects the baby after birth: Infants have a huge risk of getting infected with flu after birth. But as vaccines cannot be administered to them until they are 6 months old, it is the best recourse to opt for inactivated flu shots during pregnancy as the antibodies pass onto the child from the mother via placenta. The child can hence be protected from such diseases.
Often, one fear about the vaccine, is the development of Gullain Barre syndrome. This is very rare and the risk of GBS are higher following influenza like illness. Also, if the patient is allergic to eggs they are advised to consult a physician. Flu vaccines have traces of egg protein in it. Certain precautions are taken after studying the patient's medical history. The doctor may keep the patient under observation. Or in certain instances the physician might suggest alternative flu vaccine, which do not contain egg protein. Physicians decide it after studying any prior allergic reaction.
As per the WHO SAGE position paper, from 1990 to 2009 the vaccine adverse event reporting system database in USA reported only 20 serious adverse events following administration of trivalent influenza vaccine to an estimated 11.8 million pregnant women. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
PCOS is a common hormonal abnormality seen mostly in reproductive age groups
Affects about 30% females
Diagnosis is by Rotterdam criteria: 2/3 should be present
- Polycystic ovarian morphology
- It has a genetic predisposition.
- Pcos can either be lean PCOS or obese PCOS.
- This classification is important to categorize the causal effect and treatment also differs
- Insulin-mediated glucose disposal reflects the action of insulin on muscle cells and this is decreased by 30-40% in women with PCOS.
- This is further worsened with obesity.
- The endogenous glucose production is also affected and this causes glucose intolerance.
- They also have menstrual irregularities and infertility due to lack of mature egg ( anovulation ) production.
- Change in lifestyle and diet
- Weight reduction
- Drugs to regularise menses and antidiabetic drugs
- Ovulation-inducing agents with or without IUI for subfertility
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!