Sorry, your search did not match any doctors. Here are some other doctors that we have hand picked for you!
Difficulty in breathing or breathing problems may spring from a number of reasons. Usually, chronic conditions like asthma, sinusitis, COPD or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, Bronchitis, Lung Ailments, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, or even allergies are the main culprits behind breathing problems. The symptoms of this problem include congestion or blockages of the nasal tract, cough and wheezing, itchy eyes, shallow and laboured breathing, and runny nose.
HOW IS BREATHING PROBLEMS DIAGNOSED?
The general physician will thoroughly check the medical history of the patent and then conduct a physical examination of the airway passages, lungs and heart. Based on initial findings; a few diagnostic tests such as blood test, chest X ray, CT Scan or ECG may also be advised.
HOW IS BREATHING PROBLEMS TREATED?
Once the cause of the breathing difficulty is diagnosed; lifestyle changes, stress reduction and medication can help treat breathing problems. Some people also need a breathing machine periodically.
DID YOU KNOW?
Allergens enter the lungs through the nasal tract!
All of us irrespective of age have experienced some sort of shortness of breath. We may have found ourselves short of breath while running uphill or running in long or fast paced stretches. While shortness of breath does not necessarily signify a disease, if you experience difficulty breathing it might be a symptom for a varied host of diseases.
If you are short of breath while at rest or on several occasions, then it might be the tell-tale signs of diseases like asthma, chronic sinusitis or even allergies all of which result in a person experiencing difficulty breathing and shortness of breath.
Short of Breath Causes
You might experience difficulty breathing due to several reasons of which most common are:
• Everyday ailments like even a cold might lead you to experience shortness of breath.
• Another common cause behind the symptom of shortness of breath is a bout of acute sinusitis which might occur on a periodic basis. Here you have difficulty breathing through your nose as your sinuses get congested and at times it can take the sinuses one or two weeks for the inflammation to decrease and the symptom you have regarding difficulty breathing to subside.
• Several long-term diseases are associated with being short of breath and those who have difficulty breathing. The most worrying among these is asthma which can make you feel short of breath very uncomfortably.
• Other sorts of lung disorders also create shortness of breath symptoms as it is through the nasal passage that allergens and viruses go into your lungs and you have difficulty breathing.
• Breathing difficulty causes might also include chronic obstructive pulmonary disease which is abbreviated as COPD which too results in the patient having difficulty breathing.
• Lung cancer too may lead you to find that you are short of breath in the presence or absence of any relevant breathing difficulty causes.
So, you are frequently experiencing shortness of breath and have no clue as to what might be the cause of the difficulty breathing. The following tests are used by doctors to determine whether your shortness of breath might indicate some more serious ailment in addition to the doubtless discomfort experienced by you by being short of breath.
Diagnosing People Short of Breath
While dealing with shortness of breath symptoms doctors first take a comprehensive physical exam followed by a careful examination of the previous history of the patient in having difficulty breathing as well as the health history of his family (in order to determine any hereditary cues) and finally conduct various specialized tests like:
• Lung function tests which are used to diagnose whether asthma is behind the shortness of breath or the difficulty breathing experienced by you.
• If you are frequently short of breath, X-Rays of the lungs are conducted when the doctor has reasons to suspect that the shortness of breath is due to pneumonia.
Treating the Breathing Difficulty Causes
In medical terminology the substances that spur shortness of breath are referred to as triggers. If you struck down by shortness of breath and want to avoid difficulty breathing as much as possible in the future, then you should at any cost avoid triggers. This avoidance of Shortness of Breath Symptoms may be achieved by simple measures like:
• You may avoid being short of breath by wearing dust masks while exposed to common allergy triggers so that your shortness of breath is left at bay.
• Being short of breath may also be avoided by staying clear of furry pets as their furs might also incite shortness of breath.
• Wash the linens of your bed on a regular and frequent basis so that it does not instigate shortness of breath.
If you are short of breath too often the online platform Lybrate provides you with information about the top pulmonologists or general physicians who may treat your shortness of breath most effectively. Shortness of breath is no more a problem thanks to the expert medical advice provided by these doctors in Thane, Thoothukudi, Vadodara, Visakhapatnam, Bangalore regarding shortness of breath.
Consult top doctors for Breathing Problems online with ease at Lybrate.com. You can call doctor online and view their reviews. Book appointments online as well. Lybrate is best source of top doctors in Alandi, Ambegaon, Amboli, Anandnagar, Ashok Nagar, Ashtapur and in any other locality in Pune for Breathing Problems.