Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Patna and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Waqar AhmedYour feedback matters!
Sir I'm suffering with my spoil teeth. It's getting a shape of black hole. Sometimes blood comes in rare. Can I replace or feedup.
My both lateral incisors are missing because of which I have gap in my teeth (i got to know through the Xray). I just wanna know what will be the cost of implanting lateral incisors and braces to close the gap?
Hello, 4 months ago I was feeling little pain sometime between 2 teeth so I came to Dr. told me that there is number of teeth which are having cavity so take care those as well so he advised me to get permanent filling and teeth filling is completed for 6 teeth, from that day I have been using the toothpaste which he advise me To do massage for gums and teeth and I am continuing the same but is now the pain isn't disappear in fact now that 1 teeth and the 6 filling teeth are paining. During chewing something. The earlier pain was same after that treatment as well as this 6 more teeth are paining. Few days back I went to the doctor once again and now he told me that feeling is ok and advise me to get RCT if the pain does not disappear completely after few more days. Now at the age of 26 I am so disappointed with this kind of treatment I am not able to understand how to get rid of the teeth problem at present 3 of my teeth are paining only when try to I chew something. I don't feel any problem with hot and cold beverages or ice cream etc. Please clarify and guide if this problem can leave me.
I have swelling in my right cheek. A dentist I consulted is advicing removal of wisdom tooth. Is that the only way or can it treated any way without removal?
Bad breath is embarrassing. It inconveniences you and everyone around you. It affects your life in more ways than you might be aware of. It is crucial that you give due care to your oral health well in time to save difficult procedures and unbearable decay in time. Here are a few ways how you can do that:
1. Brushing Twice: This is the first and the most important. The reasons of odour in the mouth are mainly gum disease, tooth decay, and cavities. You should brush your teeth twice, once right after you wake up and just before you go to bed.
2. Tongue Cleaning and Flossing: It’s not just brushing, you need to clean your tongue too. This is the area where harmful bacteria are present. To avoid odour and mouth diseases, ensure that you have a tongue cleaner and that you clean your tongue every time you brush your teeth. Also remove the in-betweens of the teeth with a flossing thread. It ensures complete deposit free oral hygiene.
3. No to Mints: Avoid using mints and gums to disguise the odour in your breath. They are temporary disguises and do more harm than good. They have sugar which stays back in your mouth and spoils your oral health, drastically. If you have to choose ones which are free of sugar.
4. Drink Ample Water: If your mouth is dry, it is a bad sign. Saliva has the important enzymes which help kill bacteria. If your mouth is dry, bacteria are increasing. So, drink water. Ensure you drink at least eight glasses of water in a day.
5. Rinse After Every Meal: Always wash the insides of your mouth well, after eating anything, esp. chocolates and other sugary foods. A good swirl with water inside your mouth will get rid of the food lodged in corners.
6. Pick The Right Fruits: Certain fruits and vegetables are very good for oral health. Juicy and crunchy Vitamin C rich fruits like bell peppers, broccoli, berries and apple have a cleansing effect on your teeth.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.
I am 42 years male having bad breath from about 10 years i and consulted to many doctors, such as gastro neurologist, Dentist, ENT, Neurologist, and so many investigation has been done such as endo escopy ,CT scan brain and ENT part, electro incephalogram. neither any thing find out nor I got relief from this problem. Please suggest me.
I am continuously having mouth ulcers usually just one at a time. What should I be doing to get rid of it?
While the mouth has the maximum amount of bacteria in the body, the highest concentration of bacteria in the mouth is on the tongue. It is therefore important to keep a clean tongue to avoid dental issues, starting from plaque formation to severe dental and oral infections.
Why clean the tongue: Before talking about how to go about keeping the tongue clean, let us look at why it should be done.
- Tongue cleaning is one of the main steps to maintaining a good oral hygiene.
- The bacteria that cause tooth decay and gum disease reside on the tongue, and cleaning it can remove the bacteria and therefore reduce tooth decay and gum disease.
- The bad odour produced by decay and gum disease can be avoided.
- Detoxifies the body - it is believed that toxin accumulation happens on the tongue, so daily cleaning helps detoxify the body.
- A cleaner tongue exposes the taste buds, thereby improving the perception of taste.
- Stimulate various other organs -The tongue has like pressure points that connect to various other body parts, and cleaning it helps stimulate these. The tip of the tongue activates the heart; the sides are connected to the spleen, liver, and gallbladder; so on and so forth.
- Cleaner looking tongue - Various food habits tend to give a color to the tongue. Caffeine, for instance, produces a yellow coating, which can be removed by regular brushing.
Choosing a tongue cleaner: Decide on the material and the type of the instrument. Either a plastic or metal or silicone cleaner will do the job equally well. In ancient times, gold or copper scrapers were used as it was believed to be good for health. Pick one of the three -tongue scrapers, tongue cleaners, or tongue brushes. All three are equally effective in cleaning the tongue of the bacteria. If required, motorized tongue cleaners are also available.
- Timing: Good to do it first thing in the morning. Overnight, there is a thick coating of bacteria on the tongue, and therefore cleaning the tongue in the morning is a good habit.
- Swish warm water: Begin with swishing your mouth with warm water, which loosens up the microbial film and thereby making it easier to remove.
- Scraping/Cleaning: Extend your tongue and start from the back of the tongue, as far back as possible without gagging. Toothpaste can be used on the scraper or cleaner if required. With slow, sweeping strokes, clean all the way to the front and then sideways.
- Duration: It is good practice to brush the tongue for about 90 seconds per day.
Tongue cleaning is a simple and effective way to maintain oral and general health. If you wish to discuss about any specific dental problem, you can consult a specialized dentist and ask a free question.
I have bad breath problem from more than 2 years, i feel very depressed. Please suggest me to end this forever.
Some women have dental problems such as gum disease and tooth decay, during pregnancy. The increase of hormones during pregnancy can affect the response of the body to plaque, which is the layer of germs on the teeth.
It is not true that the teeth are automatically damaged due to pregnancy. In case the calcium intake of the mother during pregnancy is not enough, the bones provide the growing baby with the calcium that it needs. When the breastfeeding is stopped, the calcium is replenished quickly. Nonetheless, the high demands of pregnancy can prompt specific dental issues in a few females. With professional help and appropriate cleanliness at home from your dental specialist, your teeth ought to stay healthy during pregnancy.
It is possible that a dental disease might affect a developing baby. Premature births have a risk of developing health problems such as cerebral palsy and issues with hearing and eyesight. Research has shown that around 20% of all premature births might be caused due to periodontal disease. It is an infection of the gums which is chronic in nature. The risk of premature birth can be reduced by providing the expectant mother with the required dental treatment.
Some of the common causes of dental problems which occur during pregnancy include:
1. Gum Problems: Women become vulnerable to gum problems due to hormones which are associated with pregnancy. These include gingivitis, pyogenic granuloma or pregnancy epulis and untreated or undiagnosed periodontal disease.
2. Vomiting: The ring of muscles which are used for keeping the food inside the stomach are softened due to vomiting. Vomiting or gastric reflux, which is associated with morning sickness, causes the teeth to be coated with strong acids.
3. Retching: Provocation of retching is caused in pregnant women while they brush their teeth, especially the molars. Not brushing the teeth regularly can cause tooth decay.
Things to remember:
- The demands of pregnancy can lead to particular dental problems in some women.
- You are less likely to have dental problems during pregnancy if you already have good oral hygiene habits.
- With proper dental hygiene at home and professional help from your dentist, your teeth should stay healthy during pregnancy.