Doctor in Janak Dulari Hospital
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Red Eyes
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Masturbation Addiction
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Treatment of Erection Problems
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Submit a review for Janak Dulari HospitalYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Indigestion refers to the discomfort in your upper belly or abdomen after you have eaten your food. Indigestion in many cases has an underlying problem like gastroesophageal reflux disease, ulcers or disorders of your gallbladder. Indigestion is also known as dyspepsia in medical terms.
The causes of indigestion due to the presence of any diseases or underlying medical conditions consist of the following:
- Problems like ulcers
- In rare cases, it could be initial symptoms of stomach cancer
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Thyroid disease
- Infections in your stomach and irritable bowel syndrome
- Pregnancy could also result in indigestion
Some of the lifestyle habits that can cause indigestion are mentioned below:
- Excessive consumption of alcohol
- Smoking cigarettes
- Stress and fatigue in daily life
- Consumption of foods with high-fat content
- Regular and excessive intake of fried and oily foods
Medications can also cause indigestion and some of those could be:
- Steroid medications
- Thyroid medicines
- Certain of antibiotics in heavy doses
- Oral contraceptives and estrogen replacement medications
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs like ibuprofen and naproxen
Sometimes indigestion may not be related to the factors mentioned above and yet persist within your body. This type of indigestion is known as functional or non-ulcer dyspepsia.
You should contact a medical professional immediately if the symptoms of indigestion include some of the following:
- Back pain
- Jaw pain
- Heavy sweating and anxiety
- Indigestion that lasts longer than one day
- Severe and sudden pain in the abdomen
- Problems when you try to swallow food
- Vomiting or presence of blood in your stool
- Sudden loss in your weight
- Skin and eyes turning yellow in color which is a tell-tale sign of jaundice
In case your indigestion persists for too long and doesn’t respond to conventional treatment, your doctor might prescribe some of the following tests.
- Ultrasound tests of your abdomen
- Blood tests
- Upper endoscopy
- Physical examination of your digestive tract and the stomach area
- Questions by the doctor about what symptoms you may be facing and how they are manifesting within your body
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is a fact that if it were not for blood donors, many people would not be alive today. A simple act of taking out 3 minutes to give a pint of blood can save someone’s life and this is precious for many who are dealing with long-term treatments. There is always a demand for blood and if there is a reason that awareness should be created, then it is because people still lack the basic knowledge of the process and there are myths surrounding it. On World Blood Donation day, it is time to shed some light on this act that has the capacity to save lives.
A few important numbers
Within India itself there seems to be a wide disparity between the need and the supply. For instance, a place like Bihar where the demand is high, the deficit is as high as 85% and New Delhi has a surplus of about 200%. The shortfall that India faces overall comes up to 12 lakh units and that is quite a big number and unless the younger generation steps up to the challenge and gets involved, we have a long way to go before we bridge this gap.
Health benefits of donating blood
It is important to remember that you are not only causing a change in another person's life when you donate blood but you are also changing how your body works. There are several health benefits of donating blood and the most important ones are:
- Reduces risk of cancer: Several studies maintain that excessive iron content in the body can be linked to the onset of cancer. Regular blood donation can reduce the heart attack chances by 88% and chances of stroke by 33%
- Improves heart health: Another great benefit of donating blood is the control of weight gain resulting in lower risk of heart ailments.
- Boosts body functioning: Donating blood ensures that your heart and liver continue to perform at their peak.
- Promotes production of new cells: When you donate blood, your body works to replace the lost cells and this encourages production of good and healthy blood cells promoting good health.
- Limits iron absorption: Hemochromatosis is a condition where your body tends to absorb an excess of iron and by donating blood, you can limit or reduce the iron absorption in your body.
- Burns calories: A regular practice of blood donation can improve the fitness. People who donate 450 ml of blood burn about 650 calories which can promote weight loss.
- Free medical check-up:Just being fit is not enough to donate blood. There are series of medical tests that are conducted before the donation which can help in detecting the presence of any medical problem and seeking help at the earliest.
- Mood upliftment: The “feel good” factor is irreplaceable especially when you know you have played a part in saving someone’s life.
- Feeling of altruism: Being part of a community that encourages “good acts” which in turn contributes to the welfare of others.
- Painful: It is the biggest myth that donating blood can be painful. If you have ever taken a blood test, you will know what it should feel like. If you are donating to a hospital or an authorized blood collection center, you will find that they are trained to take blood which means that you will not feel more than a pinprick!
- Sickness after donation: If anything, you should know that you are encouraging your body to get better. By removing blood, you are encouraging your body to produce fresh and healthy blood cells making you healthier.
Donation does not have to mean money. You have the world’s most precious resource at your disposal and one that replenishes once you have given. So, go ahead donate blood and save a life!