Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr Pankaj Tiwary ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Scabies is a skin condition that causes the skin to itch. It is caused by a tiny burrowing mite, which is called Sarcoptes scabei. The presence of the mite in the burrowed areas causes intense itching, especially at night. This a contagious condition, which can quickly spread through physical contact in places like nursing homes, schools, prisons etc. Scabies is easily treatable by applying lotions to the skin that may kill the mite. Yet, one may still experience itching for several weeks.
The eight legged mite that causes the condition is microscopic. The female mite burrows just beneath the skin and makes a tunnel where it deposits eggs. These eggs hatch, mature and spread to the other areas of the skin or to the skin of other people. The body's allergic reaction to the mites, their eggs and wastes causes the itching.
Some of the symptoms of the conditions are severe itching, narrow irregular burrow tracks, which look like blisters or bumps on your skin. The burrow tracks generally appear in the folds of the skin. The common sites of the condition are between the fingers, armpits, around the waist, soles of your feet, knees, shoulder blades etc.
Some of the complications of the condition are:
- Vigorous scratching, which can break your skin and can cause a secondary infection such as impetigo. This superficial skin infection is usually caused by the staphylococci bacteria.
- Severe scratching can also lead to damaged and reddened skin, which in severe cases can start to bleed.
Crusted scabies, also known as Norwegian scabies is a severe form of the condition, which affects certain high risk groups, such as:
- People with chronic medical conditions, such as HIV/Aids or chronic leukemia
- Older people in nursing homes
- People who are very ill.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dermatologist.
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case, your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of Genetic Fat
- You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
- You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat:
- Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
- Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques:
- Tumescent Liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
- Suction Assisted Liposuction: This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
- Power Assisted Liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
- Ultrasound Assisted Liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL.
- VASER: It is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
Laser Assisted Liposuction:
LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma. Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
All drugs carry within themselves the potential to treat and harm the skin. Side effects of medicines are a common phenomenon, with variation in the intensities. Sometimes they are minor and do not require medications; however at other times they may require urgent attention and treatment.
Some allergies caused due to medications that primarily affect your skin are:
- Itches and rashes: Sometimes your body may be allergic to certain type of medications. If these drugs are taken by you then the immune system treats them as foreign invasions and triggers a reaction against them. In certain cases, on consuming a drug that your body is allergic to, a kind of white blood cell called T cells expand. Itching, rashes on the skin are common repercussions in such a scenario.
- Swelling on the face and throat: Often it happens that, on being administered a medicine or an injection, you may experience severe swelling on face and throat. This is an extreme case of medicinal side effect and is commonly known as anaphylaxis. This must be immediately treated and brought to the notice of a trained doctor.
- Blisters: This is also an important potential side effect of a drug. On being administered a drug, you may experience an erosion on the surface of lips and eyes as a reaction against it. Immediate treatment and a consult to the doctor is imperative if you experience these symptoms.
- Swelling of the tongue: If you have high blood pressure and if you take angiotensin converting enzyme, a swollen tongue and persistent cough are the possible side effects.
- Flushing and itching: You may suffer from symptoms of flushing and itching as a possible side effect of the intravenous dyes that are used in the X-rays.
Pimples are known to be the bane of many teenager’s life. However, the unfortunate thing is that for many people, their misery does not cease with the growth of a person into adulthood.
However, there are quite a few things which can be done in order to improve the situation, to help you get rid of these unsightly blotches in just one night.
1. Lemon juice: Fresh lemon juice can be made good use of in order to fight pimples. This can be done by using a cotton swab dipped in the fresh lemon juice and dabbing the swab on the pimples which are the cause of so much anguish.
2. Cinnamon paste: There is also an alternative which can be considered and that is to mix the lemon juice with a teaspoon of cinnamon powder and put this combination on the face prior to sleeping at night. However, it is to be kept in mind that there is one caveat about this solution and that is that if a person has skin that is sensitive, it is unlikely that he or she will react well to this sort of treatment. So, it is better that he or she just sticks to the simpler way to treat pimples by using lemons.
3. Ice cubes: In order to reduce the irritation, which is unfortunately part and parcel of pimples, what can be done is to use ice wrapped in a clean and thin cloth to touch the pimples with. The great thing about this is that ice is so freely available and a lot of the discomfort caused by the pimples will be greatly reduced.
4. Toothpaste: Another thing which is available quite easily happens to be toothpaste. While this may not seem to be an automatic solution for pimples, it is quite effective. However, if a person makes the choice of using toothpaste as his or her metaphorical weapon to combat pimples, he or she would do very well to keep in mind the fact that simple white toothpaste is to be made use of.
By using any gel based toothpaste, not only will the desired impact not be seen, but there could be side effects as well. What is to be done, is quite simple, to say the least. A few minutes before going to sleeps, the person needs to apply a bit of white toothpaste on each pimple. After waking up, washing off the toothpaste with cool water is required. Over the course of a few weeks, the changes will show up.
So fret not! Simply try these remedies and you will soon be pimple free! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Dandruff or seborrhea refers to the flaky condition of your skin or scalp caused primarily due to dryness. It is a very common problem for young adults and middle aged people, but can happen to any person regardless of age. Dandruff itself being an embarrassing problem, can also sometimes lead to other skin problems.
The following are a few skin problems that can crop up due to dandruff:
- Can cause pimple: If dandruff or the white flakes fall on your T-zone region very often, then it may lead to the breakout of pimples on your skin.
- May result in pigmentation: The pimples, which can happen due to dandruff can further lead to the problem of pigmentation. This condition leads to the appearance of unwanted black spots all over your face.
- Trigger eczema: Dandruff makes skin problems like eczema and psoriasis even worse. Eczema and psoriasis, which causes itching of the skin can get severe due to dandruff.
- Rashes are also a possibility: Facial rashes can also develop due to dandruff. Often areas around the eyebrows, nose and ears get affected. Sometimes, in case of men, beard rashes also pop up.
- Chest rashes: Dandruff often falls all over your body.This can lead to the problem of chest rashes. This condition results in the appearance of red spots all around your chest region.
Dandruff can be a very distressing problem. If your skin type is oily, dandruff can make conditions far worse. Dandruff is such a problem that cannot be completely cured, but can only be controlled. So, it is highly advisable to take preventive measures as soon as it is detected to avoid further problems.
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors, such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from oily skin.
It is important to take care of oily skin to prevent breakouts. Mentioned below are 8 tips to assist you in your skincare regimen:
- Use warm water to clean your skin: Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil from the face more effectively than cold water.
- Face masks: You may use face mask, such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
- Limit scrubbing: You should restrict exfoliating your face 2 to 3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
- Use a toner: You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties, that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size, which thus decreases oil production.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
- Use medicated pads: To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil, which shall help in freshening up your face.
- Choose makeup wisely: It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.
Related Tip: "Oily Skin and Summers: What Is The Ideal Way To Handle It?"