Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dietitian/Nutritionists in India. You will find Dietitian/Nutritionists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dietitian/Nutritionists online in Panipat. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dt. Tamanna Narang
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Dt. Tamanna NarangYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Miss Narang is one enthusiastic and knowledgeable person! Thanks for the schedule you suggested me. Seems medicine works better now on healthy me! You helped me restoring my faith on doctors! God bless you..
Dt. Tamanna is friendly, encouraging and helpful. Willing to answer any questions you may have.m very satisfied with my results and I highly recommend the weight loss clinic. It really works !!:)
Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rathershe has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. The Chhabra Hospital in panipat is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. I was panicked, but she made a perfect diet chart for me. Dt.Tamanna Narang has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Chhabra HospitalIt has been quite some time that i was suffering from diet.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. The diet planning has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Even though Tamanna Narang is not from our city, she is still very famous, so we consulted her. The best thing about Tamanna Narang is that she does suitable diet planning. Hygiene is very important, and I must Chhabra Hospital was extremely clean. Over the period of time I noticed a number of changes in myself.
I am so much benefitted with her gain weight treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself. The overall atmosphere in the Chhabra Hospital is very soothing. On the very first day she identified my problem. The entire Chhabra Hospital is very nicely designed. Thanks to her I am totally satisfied with the results. with dt.tamanna narang.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I have had this ketogenic diet from quite some time. Even though there was a long queue, still the staff was very pleasant. Over the period of time the ketogenic diet has helped me a lot. Chhabra Hospital has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. I owe her her a big thanks for making me fine again.
she did my nutritional assessment. She ensures that she listens to her patients. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to Dr Tamanna Narang and the nutritional assessment I didn't lose hope. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Chhabra Hospital is so nice. I am so much benefitted with her treatment, that i am perfectly fine now.
I was suffering from thyroid disorders. Though I was already taking treatment from endocrinologist but meanwhile I wanted to focus on my diet also. So that the treatment could be more effective. I consulted Dr Tamanna, she is a well known dietician . And I am glad that I chose to consult her. As I am much better than before.
1 .Its been a 1 year old relationship with Tamanna and trust me i got myself back ! she has been a blessing and I am amazed that at such a young age she has such a strong grip on the subject! I tried a lot of other programme but this one made me meet my real self.She came as an angel in my life.God bless her !
The waiting area in the Chhabra Hospital is very comfortable for elderly patients. It has been quite some time that i was considering to lose weight. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to Dr Tamanna Narang perfect advice. The facilities available in the Chhabra Hospital are very nice.
Dietitian Tamanna Narang is very patient and she listens and answer each and every query. Best part about her is she provides diet plan as per your lifestyle and food habits. Her diet plans are very helpful and easy to follow. I lost 4-5 kgs in the first month. I would highly recommend her.
Doctor give ample of time each patient to understand the problem deeply. I have tried few deitcian but only she understand my health condition and recommend me proper diet which is easy to follow and results are visible to me now in a short run. Thanks to her from bottom of my heart.
Thanks to Dr Tamanna for helping me resolv the issue. I consulted her an year back as I was unable to gain weight. But after her treatment , I started noticing considerable changes in myself. I owe her a big thank for treating em so patiently. I am glad that I chose to consult her.
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are very helpful. Doctor, I am obese 68 years and weighs 95 kgs 5'5" ht. Morning I take 4 iddlis and one tea. Lunch I take Rice (little) eve I take tea and snacks . In the night 2 chapathis. I walk I hour
My weight was causing many problems to me, difficulty in breathing and uncontrolled sugar levels. Ab raat me breathing me problem nai aati jab se mera weight kum hua hai.It came down to 88 kgs now from 104 .Thanku Ma’am.
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, prompt, helped me improve my health and saved my life. please call me because of your body analysis report thatyou suggest
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Tamanna Narang to be helped me improve my health, knowledgeable and very helpful. I was age 60 have to improve to my weight now only. 56 kg. Height 5'7
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Tamanna Narang to be very helpful. Very useful advice. Many thanks. Regards Arvind Vaidya.
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are helped me improve my health. All Dr.advise is useful.thanks a lot
Dt. Tamanna Narang provides answers that are knowledgeable. Because take little quantity of food
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Tamanna Narang to be knowledgeable. Good suggestions
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Tamanna Narang to be inspiring. Inspiring
Is jaggery good for Diabetic patient, Facts & Myths About Diabetes Be Aware, Be Healthy!
MYTH-Jaggery is better or safe in diabetes :
FACT-Jaggery and sugar both are essentially same. Both contain sucrose, as they are prepared from sugar cane juice. Hence eating either of these will increase blood glucose considerably. In jaggery there are some vitamins and a few antioxidants. But both are bad for a diabetic person.
MYTH- Eating Sugar or Sweets causes Diabetes :
FACT -It is incorrect to say that eating sweets and / or sugar causes diabetes. Basically excess food intake will lead to excess production of glucose. That puts excess load on insulin producing cells in pancreas due glucotoxicity. Also due to central obesity the fat around internal organs causes lipotoxicity affecting the beta cells. Therefore, excess food intake in general and weight gain are the reasons for diabetes.
MYTH- Rice should not be eaten in diabetes :
FACT- Not really true. Because in south India this is the major or at times only main food. Rice has a high glycemic index so gets converted to glucose rapidly. So polished rice is not good. Brown rice is better. Quantity should be regulated. All other cereals also are converted glucose after digestion.
MYTH- Diabetes is curable :
FACT-Diabetes is mainly due deficiency of Insulin (hormone produced by Beta cells of pancreas), plus resistance to action of insulin, overweightor obesity and inactivity. Therefore, to treat diabetes we need drugs that initiate insulin secretion, reduce insulin resistance. In some cases insulin itself. Plus dietary control and regular exercise to maintain normal weight or reduce excess weight. Hence it can only be effectively controlled. Cure is not possible
MYTH-Allopathic Medications Damage Kidneys, so go for either Ayurvedic or Homeopathic Drugs :
FACT-In fact diabetes itself affects kidney, particularly the filtering membrane of glomerulurous (a filtering unit in the kidney). Even when diabetes fairly well controlled, kidney does get affected. The drugs used to treat diabetes help in overcoming kidney damage. Therefore it is wrong to think that modern drugs cause kidney damage.
MYTH-Sugar intake is essential for body :
FACT- Some people keep asking that eating sugar is very necessary for getting energy for the body tissues. This is not at all true. Because all the cereals like rice, jowar, wheat, ragi, bajra and other millets, contain starch as the main ingredient. Hence intake of each of these foods provides glucose after digestion. So there is no separate need for taking sugar.
Few things to be remembered and practiced are :
- Always use whole grain flour, as it contains a good amount of biber content for making chapati or roti.
- Consume more of green leafy vegetables and salads with every meal.
- Consider fruits and green leafy vegetables as part of regular snacks
- Take small meals on more number of occasion to avoid glucose surge.
- Avoid Maida and foods made from it. It is probably worst kind of food that one can consume.
- Form healthy food habits.
- Turmeric - A pinch of turmeric boiled with milk & taken warm not just reduces inflammation in body, but also keeps the body hot from within.
- Peppers - Either opt for white or black pepper, It is one of the winter spices that help in keeping the body warm when its freezing outside, The antioxidants present in pepper also prevents from cold & flu.
- Dry Fruits - Add them to your diet, Dry fruits including almonds, dates and walnuts are good in generating heat in the body,They also help in curing Anaemia and other vitamin deficiencies.
- Cinnamon ( Dalchini) - Cinnamon help increase the metabolism, generates heat & help in weight reduction, can add it your regular coffee, pulses, milk to reap its benefits without much efforts .
- Ginger - Daily taken in small quantities, ginger keeps the body warm besides increasing immunity in the winter season,It aids digestion and is best known to be helpful in curing cold & cough during the cold weather.
- Honey - It is like another medicine for the cold & flu in the winter months. Easy to digest, honey is considered warm and hence its regular intake helps in keeping the body warm , Highly recommended in winter & excessive use of honey is forbidden in summers.
- Sesame ( Til) - Infusion of sesame help cure pneumonia, asthma.Sesame paste when applied on hair helps cure dandruff .
- Saffron( kesar) - Saffron is like magical ingredient for glowy & charming skin, In winters saffron can be boiled with milk & almonds and taken daily before going to sleep.
- Hot soups - Nothing is more comforting than the warmth of hot soups in winter,Undoubtedly eating hot soups during winter is the easiest & healthiest way to get warmth ,when your body gives up to the extremely cold weather outside.
- Eggs - Eggs are essential proteins and vitamins, eggs help body fight infection in winters,Execllent source of good quality protein .Undoubtedly favourite amongst many during winters.
We all look forward to the burst of rain after a long hot summer and the cool autumn breeze that follows the rains. What we don’t look forward to is the sneezing runny noses and coughs that accompany this change in weather. Seasonal flus are very common but they can be prevented by eating right. Some foods that can help prevent colds and coughs include:
- Garlic: Garlic is a powerful antioxidant that can boost the immune system and help you fight the flu. One of the major compounds found in garlic is known as allicin. This has antibacterial and anti-microbial properties. Garlic also promotes the growth of healthy gut bacteria that keeps your digestive system functioning efficiently and prevents toxins from accumulating inside your body. Garlic can be easily added to your diet by using fresh garlic pods to flavor your food.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is one of the healthiest spices known to man. This is rich in anti-oxidants and also has anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric helps remove toxins from the body and is known to boost the immune system. It is a popular ingredient in many curries and is typically used in its powdered form.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Green vegetables such as kale, spinach, and arugula are rich sources of vitamin C. This vitamin is known to fight viruses and reduce the risk of catching a cold. These vegetables are also rich in fiber and aid in digestion and removal of waste from the body. When picking green vegetables it is important to note that the darker the shade of green, the higher the nutrient content.
- Chicken Soup: Chicken soup is a popular home remedy for the flu. It can also be used to prevent a flu and boost the immune system. This is because a clear chicken soup or broth has concentrated amounts of proteins and vitamins that boost the immune system. Chicken soup should always be consumed while it is hot so that the hot liquid can loosen mucus secretions soothe an itchy throat.
- Salmon: Fish such as salmon, canned tuna and sardines and egg yolks have a high level of Vitamin D. As the length of a day reduces and grey clouds hide the sun, it is important for your body to get enough vitamin D through your diet. This vitamin helps fight colds and coughs and helps those suffering from it to recover faster.
- Water: In addition to eating right, it is also important to keep your body hydrated. This allows the nutrients to reach all the parts of your body and aids in the removal of waste and toxins. Thus, though you may not feel thirsty, it is essential to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
From the time we’re children, we’re told to eat a balanced meal and shun fast food. However, some foods are healthier than others. Here are 20 such types of food in alphabetical order that you should include in your diet.
- Apples: Apples can be eaten raw, cooked or dried. They are rich in fiber, vitamin C and a number of other antioxidants.
- Asparagus: Asparagus is low in fats and carbs but packed with vitamin K.
- Bananas: Bananas are known for their portability and potassium, vitamin B6 and fiber content.
- Broccoli: Broccoli is an excellent source of vitamin C, vitamin K and fiber. It is also one of the few vegetables that have high protein content in it.
- Brown rice: As compared to white rice, brown rice is much more nutritious. It is packed with fiber and also has vitamin B1 and magnesium.
- Chia seeds: Chia seeds are also known as super foods. Along with being full of fiber they are also rich in a number of nutrients like calcium, magnesium and manganese.
- Chicken: The cut of chicken determines how healthy it is. Skinless, breast meat is lean, easy to digest and full of proteins.
- Eggs: Eggs are full of healthy fats and proteins. However, if you suffer from a cholesterol problem, it may be a good idea to skip the yolk.
- Garlic: The allicin in garlic helps boost the immune system. Garlic is also used as a home remedy for a number of ailments.
- Green tea: A cup of green tea after a meal can aid in digestion and absorption of nutrients. Green tea is also recommended for weight loss and it helps flush toxins from the body.
- Kale: Kale is a healthy source of a number of nutrients including vitamin C and vitamin K. It is also packed with fiber.
- Lentils: Lentils are high in fiber content and full of proteins. They are also filling foods that keep the stomach satiated for longer.
- Nuts: Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, macadamia nuts etc are packed with energy and nutrients. They are also rich in healthy fats.
- Oats: Oats are loaded with nutrients and fiber known as beta glucans.
- Olive oil: Olive oil has a high antioxidant count and contains heart-healthy monounsaturated fats.
- Onions: Like garlic, onions are also used for home remedies. It is rich in vitamins, antioxidants, and bioactive compounds.
- Oranges: Oranges are the tastiest way to get Vitamin C. Oranges are also high in fiber content and antioxidants.
- Salmon: Salmon is an excellent source of omega 3 fatty acids, proteins, vitamin D and a number of other nutrients.
- Quinoa: Quinoa offers a high amount of fiber and magnesium. It is also easy to digest and an excellent source of protein for vegetarians.
- Yogurt: Yogurt not only offers calcium but also contains probiotics that aid digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.