Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best General Physicians online in palanpur. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Himanshu
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. HimanshuYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I have head ache came around monthly 3 times this ache continues to me from mummy side generation. Which steps I follow to stop this?
My age is 28 my sugar in fasting us 240 and after fasting is 360 iam not feeling well kindly advice me.
Hello doctor I have right epididymis right hydrocele from past 1 year doctors are saying after need to go for surgery, if am not treated if there any dangerous are else after marriage anything problem to production of children's please suggest me.
What is pcos/pcod?
Polycystic ovarian syndrome (pcos) or polycystic ovarian disease (pcod) is a very common issue affecting about 10-20% of young women of child bearing age group. It consists of development of cystic structure or multiple cavities containing fluid within the ovaries. Because of multiple cysts in ovaries give rise to various problems related to hormonal imbalance.
Who are prone to get pcos?
Though not clear, there are various risk factors that can be associated with increased risk of pcos. These include obesity (body mass index >30), family history, some genetic issues, taking various medications like antiepileptics (used for seizures), stressful life and physical inactivity.
What are signs and symptoms of pcod?
You must look for following symptoms and consult a physician if you are getting these:-
- Irregular and longer periods
- Increase in weight
- Unable to become pregnant (infertility)
- Growing hairs over body
- Increased urination, thirst
How pcos is diagnosed?
- Doctor will look for all the symptoms of pcos mentioned above and may ask you to do various laboratory tests like:-
- Transvaginal sonography (to see for multiple cysts in one or both ovaries)
- Hormonal blood tests (tsh, antimullerian hormone, fsh, lh, androgen levels)
- Urine examination
- Blood glucose levels
- Hysterosalpingography (hsg) if infertility is a problem. Hsg will tell whether fallopian tubes are patent or is there any block that is causing infertility.
What lifestyle changes are helpful in pcos?
Pcos is a growing problem and many a times associated modern lifestyle that causes weight gain and increased chances of getting pcos. Mainstay of management of pcos is having healthy lifestyle habits. A patient of pcos should try these lifestyle modifications to prevent harmful effects of pcos.
- Regular exercise (walking, jogging, roping)
- Yoga and meditation
- Avoid oily, frozen foods
- Avoid alcohol and smoking
- Avoid stress and worries as possible
What are treatment modalities available for pcos?
After diagnosing pcos, physician may first tell patient to have healthy lifestyle and diet modifications. There are many ways to treat a patient of pcos.
Oral contraceptive pills- regularize your menstrual periods and prevent growth of excessive hairs over body. Oc pill may not be advised to women who are trying to conceive and undergoing treatment of infertility.
Metformin- is a medication generally used in diabetes mellitus is also useful in treating pcos as it treat insulin resistance (a common issue in pcos patients that lead to diabetes). Metformin also help women reducing weight.
Treatment of infertility: In pcos infertility is a common issue and most often may resolve after treatment. There is problem in ovulation in pcos, hence physician may prescribe medicines that enhance your ovulation. Clomiphene 50mg starting dose from day 2 to day 7 of menstrual cycle is very commonly used medication to induce ovulation. Ovulation monitoring by sonography or by using ovulation kits is performed to check whether ovulation is occurring or not. Fsh may also be used for maturation of follicles that leads to ovulation. In-vitro fertilisation (ivf) is used when other medical treatment for infertility and lifestyle modification failed to work. Surgery to drill multiple abnormal cysts may be performed rarely. Acupuncture may be useful but no any clear-cut evidence.
So, if you are having any symptom of pcos, consult your physician at earliest and get it treated. Always remember to have stress-free and healthy lifestyle habits which is of utmost important in managing and preventing pcos.
My issue is that, I am suffering from cold & I am just feel like unhealthy. My head are very paining in night.
My husband suffering from throat infection, general weakness and slight fever, when he consult doctor, advise some blood test, all tests are normal except eosinophil count (660), what is his condition and suggest some food items to reduce eosinophil count.
Sensing chest burn whenever l eat fried or rich food. This is happening for the last couple of months. Pls suggest a permanent relief. I used to take Tab. FAMOCID 40 whenever l feel acidity.
I am 30 years old and getting married in this dec-2015, I am suffering with premature. please suggest me what to do. I want to enjoy my sex life.
The sciatic nerve spreads down the spine till the legs. The pain in this nerve can feel like sparks running down your leg (by and large only each one in turn) or cause pain in the lower back. Anything that puts weight on or aggravates this nerve can cause pain that shoots down the back of one butt cheek or thigh. The amount of pain can increase gradually. Sciatica may feel like a gentle ache, a sharp sensation or extreme uneasiness. Sciatica can bring feelings of shivering, numbness and weakness.
Sitting, standing up, coughing, sneezing, lifting, or straining for a very long time, might aggravate pain. Now and then, individuals experience numbness or shivering in the leg, too.
Some of the most regular symptoms of sciatic pain include:
- Lower back pain
- Pain in the back or leg when sitting
- Hip pain
- Burning sensation in the leg
- Numbness or trouble moving the leg or foot
- Continuous pain on one side of the back
- Shooting pain that makes it hard to stand up properly
The most common causes of sciatic pain include:
- Lumbar spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal channel in the lower back)
- Degenerative disk sickness (breakdown of discs, which go about as pads between the vertebrae)
- Spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips over another)
- Muscle spasms
Some of the most effective exercises for sciatic pain relief are as follows:
- Pigeon Pose is a typical yoga posture. It attempts to open the hips. There are various types of this stretch. The first is the leaning back pigeon posture. If you are beginning your treatment, you have to attempt the leaning back posture first.
- While on the back, raise your right leg up to a right point and hold it with both hands behind the thigh and lock your fingers. Take your left leg and touch your lower leg against the knee. Hold the position for a minute.
- Sit on the floor with your legs stretched straight before you. At that point twist your right leg, putting your lower right leg on top of the left knee. Bend forward and incline your abdominal area toward your thigh. Hold for 15 to 30 seconds and after that switch sides.
- Kneel down on the floor on all fours. Get your right leg and bring it forward so that your lower leg is on the ground. Your right foot has to be ahead your right knee while your right knee stays to one side. Stretch the left leg out the distance behind you on the floor, with the top of the foot on the ground and toes pointing backwards.
- Lie on your back with your legs facing outward and your feet flexed upward.
Wrap your hands around your knee and delicately pull your right leg over your body toward your left shoulder. Hold it there for 30 seconds and afterward push your knee so your leg comes back to its initial position. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a orthopedist.