Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Asthma Management Program
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Health Screening For Women
Health Check Up
Health Screening For Men
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Pimpri PuneYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Sir I have regular pain on my ankle and above .my weight is 79 and my height is 5.11.Is playing cricket can be the reason, Please do suggest.
I am suffering from digestive problem from last two year, I am going toilet daily 4-5 times, I think that it was amebiasis, but some doctors said that it was next stage of amebiasis, and suggested for endoscopy,
Whooping Cough (another name for Pertussis) can be termed as an infection to the respiratory system caused by the bacterium Bordetella Pertussis (B. pertussis). It generally affects infants (below one year of age) and who have not yet been immunized; also kids between 11 to 18 years of age whose immunity graphs are on a downward spiral.
What are the Signs and Symptoms?
Initially, whooping cough produces signs and symptoms that may just seem to overlap with those exhibited during the average cough and cold; mild coughing, sneezing, runny nose, low fever, etc. These persist for about a week or two and then slowly, there is the onset of the dry, irritating cough which again turns to prolonged coughing spells. The child’s face may seem flushed with a purple hue. The child may also vomit or make the distinctive whooping sound at the end of one such spell. Breathing difficulty can be another issue.
What is the Diagnosis?
The doctor performs an initial check-up followed by tests of mucus sample from the nose or throat. The mucus is checked for the presence of the Bordetella pertussis bacteria. To make a more thorough diagnosis, a blood test is also advisable.
What is the Treatment?
Hospitalisation might be required in case of acute distress. Respiratory support may also be provided if required. If there is intense dehydration, intravenous (IV) fluids may also be administered. As this disease is on account of a bacterial infection, antibiotics will be needed. But these will just treat the immediate effects and the cough cannot be completely done away with.
What can be the Possible Complications?
The possible immediate complications include:
- Brain Damage
- Haemorrhaging in the brain
What can be the Prevention?
Vaccination is needed in order to prevent whooping cough. The vaccines are advised to be administered at the age of two months, four months and six months respectively. The 1st booster dose is to be given at 16 to 18 months age and 2nd booster dose is given on 5 year completion of age. An optional booster may be given at 10 year age. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a general physician.
Extreme back pain. Cannot even stand for longer time. Feel little bit better in morning hours afterwards pain starts. Feel weakness in my left leg and lower back.
My friend's mother was hospitalized yesterday after some symptoms of minor heart attack. And he's very much worried. She is in ICU till now and has low BP as heart is weak to pump blood as said by doctor. She is also on insulin as she is a sugar patient. I have ICU chart with me, I can share it. Doctor is saying she is responding to treatment well but my concern is having a low BP can be a situation to worry about.
I am having excessive lumbosacral pain from last 4 months. Though I haven't done coitus with my partner. Please help me to sort it out.
I am suffering from dry cough for last two weeks I have also pain in chest when I cough hard. Sometime I vomit when I cough hard. What should I do?
Unfortunately today hot coffee dropped on my daughter (age is 3.5 years) thigh (on leg), then we immediately pass the cold water on the infected area. Infected area is about 3 Cm and 70% area does not have any bubble and rest of 30% area have two small bubble. Now we are using burnol at the infected area and very concern that if there would be any spot after healing or what kind of things we should take care so that we should do to avoid spot or if we need to use any other medicine. This incident has been happened on 8 Jan 2017 (10 PM) per Indian timings. Please advise and thank in advance.
My leg got burnt with hot water 6 days back, injury is on half leg, little bit skin got removed with some swollen areas. All the water got removed from injury place took amoxy calve antibiotic for 3 days and using Burn heal ointment. The ointment is making layers over where skin got removed. Is it fine and how long will it take to recover.
We often fear change in our daily routines, it makes us anxious and jittery. But sometimes change is often required to shake up your life and inculcate better and healthier daily habits. We are creatures of habit and linearity, and like to keep it so. Soon these new habits will be a part and parcel of your life in no time. But it is important to push yourself and be disciplined and not slack off when your body refuses to comply.
- Exercise daily: This habit can never be stressed upon enough. It gets your body up and running first thing in the morning, and helps to make you feel good about your body. When exercising daily, your body is fit and healthy, decreasing the risk of lifestyle diseases. The kind and level of exercises that you do is completely dependent upon your goals.
- Eat right: What you eat everyday by way of habit, makes more impact than you think. Stick to well-balanced meals that supply your body with just the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, etc. Food also has an impact on your moods and it is important that you understand what each food does to different kinds of moods. Make sure you eat a power-packed breakfast for it is the only meal of the day that gives you enough energy to get through to the next meal.
- Limit your online time: Social media has become so much a part of our lives. But being online and making your social media presence felt all the time isn't all that 'cool', but a rather unhealthy habit. Checking your phone constantly for those incessant notifications, hearing ghost rings, can make you have extremely jumpy nerves. Limit the number of times you check your phone in a day, and have phases where you don't touch it at all, especially just before you go to bed. The glare of your smartphone can not only ruin your sleeping patterns but also your eyesight.
- Stay hydrated: You should drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, to wash out all the toxins that have accumulated overnight. This helps to boost your metabolism and raises your energy levels. Drink enough water the rest of the day to keep up this cleansing effect.
- Meditate: In a world that is now so virtual, it is integral that you take out time for yourself and yourself only. Meditation is a way by which you can find inner peace and clear your mind of all unnecessary thoughts. It helps you to focus on yourself, your goals and wants. Starting your day peacefully with intent and focus is the way to go.
It's all about trying and being disciplined enough to keep at it and succeed. It is for your betterment and will go a long way to keep you healthy mentally, physically and emotionally. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Sir/Mam, Greetings! As per my routine urine reports it has come as protein as ++ through urine. What is the remedy and whether I am medically fit or not as all other tests including blood plasma (98) and blood pressure (120/80) has come normal. Kindly guide me through this. Thanks & regards.
My age is 23 .height 6 ft. Weight 76 kg. From 1 year I am having problem of frequent urination upto 20 times a day and very bad smell urine comes every time and that smell comes from penis too. I have kidney stone on left kidney 3 mm. And my prostate size is 21. 6 cc.my blood sugar is 90 fasting .where is the problem. Why I am having frequent urination?
Hi I want to ask a prob there is my frnd and she is 19 years old she frequently says me ki ousay chakar ati hai sudden without no reason aur agar wo left side soti hai and when she looks up suddenly so, I want to ask is these is a serious problem aur something else please advice me for my frnd health.
My wife is pregnant and she in last stage, means his estimated delivery date is 10-january She is suffering urine problem she has to go toilet again and again for urine. please suggest me.
I am 44 years old female. My nails have vertical ridges on them, and are also prone to breaking very easily. I cannot wear these long even two mm as they break or chip very soon. Pl advise.
I am suffering from chronic cough for last 1 years. I have gone through clinic test and it seems the cough is driven by some of the allergies. I have taken anti allergic medicine.
Doing everything right can still make you gain weight. Irrespective of your diligent efforts, that paunch comes in the way of your crunches. Reviewing your exercise routine, diet and overall lifestyle may have no effect on the extra kilos. The reaction to such stagnation could be as many as the conspiring causes. Backpedaling into an unhealthy way of life is what cowards choose to do. The ideal way of approaching the problem is to find out the specific factors leading to excess weight.
These few factors can make you gain weight
1. Sleep deprivation results in significant bloating: You may not be aware, but a full night’s sleep is indeed necessary. When a person rests, the human body carries on with repair work. Sleep helps your body to get rid of excess adipose tissues. A person who has not slept for two to three days at a stretch or has only slept insufficiently is likely to look fatter or bloated.
2. Being perpetually depressed could be the curse: Depression can lead to extreme ends; you may either gain a lot of weight or may even lose weight drastically. If your depression is at an advanced stage a medical practitioner will prescribe you with antidepressants. Antidepressants tend to fatten you up.
3. An irritable or slow bowel syndrome can prove to be adverse: If you suffer from problems related to the bowel your tummy might show. A patient of irritable or slow bowel syndrome feels bloated throughout the day. Since they face digestive problems, their bellies protrude.
4. The gray streaks of hair could be a reason: Gaining weight could also be the result of your age. If you are above thirty-five your metabolism decreases; this results in slower breakdown of food. Exercising can help, but it usually shows meager results once you have attained forty.
5. Nutrient deficiency should not be taken lightly: Being deficient in certain nutrients can also make you overweight. Vitamin C, folic acid and potassium are some of the nutrients that actively contribute to a person’s body weight. A lack of these nutrients can make you fat.
6. Edema could be the underlying cause: Edema refers to a condition where a person’s body retains water. Certain parts and joints become swollen. There are medications that can help push excess water out of the body through frequent urination. If not taken care of, edema could be the reason behind weight gain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.