Dull skin is a condition in which the skin looks lifeless and lacklustre. Dull skin could be due to underlying medical conditions or due to consumption of medication. Even exposure to pollutants, sun and toxic chemicals causes dull skin. Symptoms of dull skin are:
• Dull or lifeless skin in areas exposed to sun
• Dehydrated skin that is extremely dry
• Formation of a dark layer on skin
• Damaged or spotted skin
HOW IS DULL SKIN DIAGNOSED?
The diagnosis of dull skin is done by a dermatologist by a physical examination and with details of medical history along with details of lifestyle. The various causes of dull skin are dryness, age, climatic conditions, poor skin care, pollution, exposure to sun, inadequate sleep, poor diet, smoking, tea, caffeine and stress.
HOW IS DULL SKIN TREATED?
Treatment of dull skin depends on the underlying cause. If it is due to unhealthy lifestyle, then appropriate changes to lifestyle helps revive dull skin. Inclusion of healthy food, ample exercise and avoidance of junk food can revive dull skin. If it is caused due to other reasons, then appropriate treatments are required.
DID YOU KNOW?
Intensive skin care regime followed at home will help prevent dull skin. Home remedies are proven to be more successful in dealing with dull skin. Dullness of skin may impact an individual's self esteem.
Dull skin makes you look listless and tired. It can cause wrinkles and also could cause acne. Unless you are suffering from skin problems which are medically related, the causes of your dull skin maybe due to one or more of the following mistakes that are causing wrinkles, acne and preventing you from getting a glowing skin.
• You are not exfoliating your skin on a regular basis. Dermatologists are of the opinion that the primary cause for dull skin is due to the existence of dry skin. By exfoliating you remove the dry skin and expose the bright, fresh skin which and thus is a tip for glowing skin. Not exfoliating causes acne, wrinkles and lines.
• You are consuming an excess amount of alcohol on a daily basis which is preventing you from getting a glowing skin.
• You are undergoing a lot of stress. Stress has a direct impact in the increase of cortisol secretion, a hormone which prevents skin repair and indirectly contributes to dull skin as well as causing wrinkles and acne.
• You are a smoker. Smoking does not only affect your lungs and throat but they also are extremely detrimental to skin repair and causes a dull complexion. Such carcinogenic substances can cause acne as well as wrinkles over time.
• You are staying in a polluted environment. The choice of your workplace and where you live also contribute to the dull complexion of your skin. The pollutants in the air as well as exposure to the UV rays of the sunlight can not only prevent you from acquiring a glowing skin but also cause acne.
• You are not hydrated enough. Dehydration certainly causes a plethora of skin related problems such as acne, wrinkles, sagging of skin, lines and scales. Not providing your skin enough water is detrimental to having a glowing skin. To summarize, staying hydrated is one of the important tips for glowing skin.
Now if you have dull skin, certain lifestyle choices will help you get rid of acne, wrinkles and all other problems which are related to dull skin. Here are a few pointers on how to get glowing skin.
• Cleanse your skin with lemon. Lemons are rich in vitamin C and is known for preventing premature aging. Washing your face with lemon juice, not only helps avoid acne. It also has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties which are highly beneficial for your skin.
• Exfoliate with sugar. Make a coarse paste with sugar and water and apply on skin to exfoliate dead skin cells. Regular exfoliation prevents acne.
• Apply honey to your skin. Applying honey to your skin not only prevents wrinkles and acne but also brings a glow to your skin. It prevents certain skin problems and is also a one of the definitive ways to make skin glow.
• Moisturize your skin with the help of coconut oil. Coconut oil is rich in nutrients and keeps your skin from looking dull. Applying daily improves the quality of your skin and prevents skin problems such as acne and wrinkles.
• Eating a balanced diet helps in the prevention of acne which contributes to dull skin. Skin related problems such as acne can be a blow to your confidence and it also causes irritation and pain. By staying hydrated and eating healthily, acne can be prevented.
• Yogurt is high in nutrients and contributes greatly in the removal of acne and other skin problems. Consumption of yogurt on a daily basis also prevents dullness of skin.
Lybrate has the best dermatologists in Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurgaon, Indore, Jaipur. You can easily connect with these professionals and get your appointment online. Subscribe with Lybrate and get all the tips on how to get a healthy and glowing skin.
You can consult doctors online for Dull Skin from anywhere, anytime at Lybrate. View consultation fee, reviews and patient feedback before consulting. Find best doctors in Noida Expressway, Noida-Greater Noida Link Rd, Sector-1, Sector-10, Sector-100, Sector-101 and in any other locality in Noida.
You can see above a list of top doctors in Sector-20, Noida for Dull Skin. Ask a question for free at Lybrate today and receive answers from best doctors.