Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Surrogacy
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Management of Postnatal Care
Adiana System Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Shivani SachdevYour feedback matters!
I have been suffering from scanty periods from 3 years Doctor said I have pcos but im on sugarmet from more than a year. Still see not even a little difference Other doctor told to check vitamin d andb12 that is also normal plus im always constipated what can be the medical cause.
Hello Dr. I am one year married women. I want to get pregnant very soon. After complete checkup my Dr. prescribed me clomiphene citrate 50 mg n Estradiol valerate 2 mg. And cabergoline tablets and Meprate tablets for conceiving. My questions is this tablets Good for pregnancy? please reply soon dear Dr.
Bipolar disorder is the medical term for extreme depression and mood swings that are abnormal or too frequent. The mood swings may go from depression to mania, where the symptoms may border on suicidal behaviour, and other such dangerous tendencies. Find out more about Bipolar Disorder with this article.
Main Symptoms: The major symptoms of Bipolar Disorder are hypomania and depression. The patient may swing between these two states on a sudden basis. The dramatic mood swings do not have a set routine or pattern and can strike at any given time. The patient may be in a certain kind of state for a prolonged period like many weeks and months, or can even be in a certain state for a matter of days, before the next mood strikes.
While hypomania is a very severe outcome of Bipolar Disorder, many people do not recognise it as a problem until it gets out of hand. This state can actually make a person feel high on energy where the patient may also achieve all-time highs in terms of productivity and a sense of wellbeing. This state can switch to a state of depression and hopelessness within a matter of days or weeks.
Types: Bipolar Disorder can be categorised into many types, depending on the level and severity of the mood swings. To begin with, Bipolar Disorder has full blown cycles of ups and downs in the mood of the patient. The up mood never really manifests into full fledged mania. This is a more mild form of the disease and the symptoms are often missed.
Rapid Cycling is another form of Bipolar Disease where a patient may experience at least four or even more episodes of major mood swings within a period of 12 months. Further, Mixed Bipolar is a form of the disease where the depression and elevation may come together or in rapid succession of each other. Cyclothymia is another mild form of this mood disorder and comes with subtle changes in one's mood.
Diagnosis and Treatment: While the diagnosis is done by a clinical psychologist or a psychiatrist with the help of an examination of the symptoms, the treatment includes long term counselling and therapy as well as medication for more severe cases. The drugs and therapy aim at making the mind more stable with psychotherapy. Drugs like lithium or benzodiazepine can also be prescribed to control sleeplessness and hyperactivity as well as hostility and suicidal tendencies.
Talking and discussing things are the foremost methods used by psychiatrists when it comes to treating this disease. Persistent mood alterations must be run past a specialist in the field.
I AM 30. I AM PLANNING FOR A BABY FOR LAST 2 YEARS BUT NO SUCCESS. FOR LAST 1 YEAR MY BLEEDING REDUCED FROM 4 DAYS TO 2 AND HALF DAYS. Flow is also not regular during these 2 and half days. WHAT IS THE REASON AND ANYTHING PROBLEMATIC?
I am 21 years old female single I am suffering from white discharge since 3 weeks with bad odor, I also have itching and burning inside vagina. Also I feel very much weakness pain in whole body. Please consult some medications.
Magnesium is one of those minerals that are used by every organ of your body, particularly the most hard working organs of your body viz. muscles, heart, kidney, liver and bones. Magnesium is drastically reduced in liver disorders or in an alcoholic's body. It is most important for bones. Its deficiency can cause Osteoporosis. In fact, any unexplained reasons for fatigue, pain, muscle spasms, eye-twitching or abnormal heart rhythms can be attributed to lack of magnesium. And most of the times it is remains undiscovered since it is distributed across the blood-stream, which makes it difficult to test in the first place.
These symptoms can give you a fair idea when to see a doctor for magnesium deficiency.
1) Early Signs - Early signs of magnesium deficiency includes numbness and tingling, seizures, abnormal heart rhythms, personality changes and coronary spasms.
2) Gynaecology Issues and Infertility - If the deficiency isn’t treated in the first place, it can lead you to a variety of other problems, such as gynaecology issues like PMS, infertility and pre-eclampsia, osteoporosis.
3) Chronic conditions - It can lead to problems like chronic back pain, Raynaud’s syndrome, migraine or nerve problems.
4) Hypertension and Bowel Diseases- It is also a responsible factor behind hypertension, hypoglycaemia, insomnia, bowel diseases, depression and other problems.
What Should You Do?
To generally up the magnesium levels, you should have plant based nutrients on regular basis, such as fruits and vegetables. Make sure that it is balanced with Vitamin K2 and D along with magnesium, to ensure overall health. However, you must take doctor's advice when it is a confirmed case of the deficiency.
If you have any further questions, ask me by clicking on 'consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media
My periods got delayed with 15 days this time. I had safe sex with my partner. Then what could be the cause?
Metabolic Bone Disease is a term used for various conditions of the bones that can be caused by a number of different disorders. Most of these disorders are developed due to nutritional deficiencies, defects in the bone metabolism procedure or due to hereditary defects in the skeletal structure. Conditions that fall under the category are osteoporosis, osteomalacia, rickets, Paget's disease, parathyroid conditions, chemotherapy induced bone loss and menopause induced bone loss.
Causes of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
- Imbalance in the level of calcium : Too much calcium or too little calcium can cause bone diseases. While the overabundance of calcium (hypercalcemia) in the body will lead to calculi formation, which can be harmful for the body, the lack of calcium (hypocalcemia) causes weakness, bone pain and restricted growth.
- Deficiency of phosphorus: Low phosphorus in blood (hypophosphatemia) leads to softening of the bone tissue and bone loss. Osteomalacia is commonly caused by phosphorus deficiencies.
- Deficiency of Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for the body to absorb calcium. Cells called osteoblasts need vitamin D in order to absorb calcium and secrete the bone tissue proteins. A deficiency of vitamin D can lead to a number of metabolic bone diseases like rickets and osteoporosis.
- Over or under secretion of the parathyroid hormone:The parathyroid hormone (PTH) stimulates the secretion of an enzyme, which converts the inactive circulatory form of vitamin D into its active usable form. The hormone can also increase the circulation of free or ionized calcium (Ca2+), which is not attached to proteins. Both underproduction and overproduction of the hormone causes skeletal problems.
Symptoms of Metabolic Bone Diseases:
The symptoms of most of the Metabolic Bone Diseases are similar, such as
- A dull, throbbing pain in the bones is the most common symptom. The pain is frequent and lasts for a long amount of time, but unlike muscular pain, the exact region of bone pain cannot be specified.
- Severe joint pains accompanied by stiffness and swelling of the joints. The patient experience pain during regular physical activities, especially during cold weather conditions.
- Frequent fractures are caused by most bone diseases because the bone mineral density decreases drastically. Severe bone injury may be caused by mild trauma.
- Defects in the bones can cause bowed out legs and a bent backbone.
- A general feeling of exhaustion is often caused by bone diseases.
- Kidney stones are an associated complication of metabolic bone diseases.