Find numerous Pediatricians in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Noida. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Rashmi Gupta
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Bedwetting Treatment & Management
Treatment of Polio
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Treatment of Cerebral Palsy
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Sids
Treatment of Cough in Children
Treatment of Asthma in Children
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Treatment of Birth Defects
Child Nutrition Management
Treatment of Dihydrofolate Reductase Deficiency
Submit a review for Dr. Rashmi GuptaYour feedback matters!
My son is 6 years old (class 2 student) and he does not note down any thing from school black board but he is fine to write if someone dictate the text (though he take lot of time than others in writing that too) he has eye sight problem and wearing specs as suggested by eye specialist. He is fine in learning things and good in maths and other subject other than writing problem. He has some problem in motor skills too. Please advise.
I am 5.7 in height my weight is. 62 kg my breast size are very large I am breastfeeding my 2 nd some month old son .My breast are very loose also. Can I drink green tea other home remedies to reduce my breast size is it affect my breastfeeding.
My baby is 2 years old and she is drinking lots of milk everyday, so that she is suffering from constipation, what can I do?
As babies develop in the mother's womb, there can be many factors, which could hamper normal growth in the embryo. These can result in deformities within the physiology of the baby. One area is bone tissue growth, which in early stages is still cartilage, and can manifest within the baby as deformed feet.
The incidence of deformed feet in infants, although not very common, is still prevalent enough to warrant certain fields of study as to why they happen and their remedies.
Reasons for foot deformities in infants
Some of the reasons for foot deformities within infants are mentioned below:
1. Genetic or hereditary problems - Some problems are passed from one generation to the other, although it may not manifest in the older generations.
2. Infections to the mother during pregnancy - If the mother contracted a disease during pregnancy or had an infection, it can have adverse effects on the developments of the baby and cause deformities.
3. Side effects of medications - If the mother was under medication, side effects of certain medications can cause hormonal imbalances resulting in deformities.
4. Hormonal imbalances - Certain hormonal imbalances present in the mother's body due to overlooked problems may cause issues with the baby's development and result in foot or other physical deformities.
Correction of Foot Deformities
Most corrective measures for foot deformities entail surgery as severe problems can be only corrected through that. These measures may also include other methods such as physiotherapy, massages, and training.
Let's look at some of the techniques, which are used to correct deformities, either in combinations or as standalone techniques.
- Corrective surgery - This is the most common and usually the most recommended course of action as anything above mild deformities will have to be corrected through surgeries. Most surgeries entail lengthy recuperating periods and follow ups.
- Corrective footwear - Milder foot deformities can be corrected with special footwear or setting devices such as special braces and supports to correct the problems.
- Physiotherapy - Certain forms of physiotherapy are effective in correcting mild forms of deformities. However, this tool is usually deployed in conjunction with surgeries to speed up the healing process
- Exercises - Certain deformities can only be changed with the help of exercise over a long period of time and cannot be fixed quickly even via surgery and thus, will need special care for long periods of time.
Related Tip: Early Childhood Trauma - Reasons and Diagnosis
My two years old child is very small, and appears to be underweight for his age. What could be the cause, as I look after him very well?
I have 20 days baby. He did not pass motion for 4 days. What's the reason behind it. What should I do? Dr. Gave me simyl MCT. Uske milk mai 8 drops dane k lye bola tha. Bt no relief. please suggest something.
I am 35 year old. I have one daughter 8 year old and 1 year old son. My son does not sleep at night. He do not play only crying with close eyes Please suggest proper treatment for him.
I have 4 month old baby cries all the time and always unhappy and want to be held always don't understand why please help.
My 1.5 years son accidentally licked a camphor cube. We took it immediately from his mouth. Wiped his tongue with a cloth and rubbed his tongue to our best to remove any traces of camphor. He is active and does not show any symptoms if toxicity. But I am still worried. Will it causes any toxicity inside the body!
Now, today's world is suffering from many unknown ailments, due to our modern lifestyle, diet and many more. One of the most hazardous problems today's world is suffering from is ear related i. E ringing sound or tinnitus with vertigo and hearing loss. So as an audiologist my request and advice to all to avoid unwanted loud sound and protect your hearing by either wearing ear plugs or ear muffs or by avoiding such detrimental situations by wiseness, because tinnitus is mostly related to your duration of noise exposure. Because your health is in your hand. So you people decide.