Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Oncologists in India. You will find Oncologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. RajivYour feedback matters!
I am 30 years old and married. My mother-in-law as well as father-in-law had cancer. Mother-in-law had gallbladder cancer, she expired four years ago. Father-in-law had cancer in kidney which is operated but he further has tissues in his lungs which cannot be operated. My question is, is cancer heredity? Is there any chance that my husband might also have the problems? What are the symptoms to check or what precautions can we take?
I have some fode in y back these are sign of cancer? Which test for the cancer is required to know about this.
What lifestyle changes—such as diet, exercise, and rest—do you recommend I make to stay as healthy as possible before, during, and after treatment of cancer?
Hello I'm asking for some help regarding cancer issues. How can we. Recognise cancer issues. My mom got breast cancer and now she getting so many problem. So how can she will be all right from breast cancer.
What are symptoms of all type of cancers please tell me what are those types How can we identify a person suffers with cancer.
I have a little lump with redness in my breast. Now in period time. Its look like a pimple. My age is 20. My grandma passed away because of breast cancer. So that whenever lump coming I am worrying for that. Is it no need to worry about that? Can you tell me why this lumps are coming and how many days it can be there?
My husband needs to go to urinate three times at night daily. Even during the day he urinates a lot. His prostate has enlarged. How can he solve this problem?
There are more than 100 types of cancer occurring in different parts of body--out of them 10 to 12 types of cancers r commonly seen.---common symptoms r.
In children recurrent fevers and weight loss may b due to blood cancer//leukemia's.
In children kidney tumours r also common.
In females.abnormal swelling//lumps in breast can b breast cancer.
Foul smelling vaginal discharge--cancer cervix.
Abnormal/heavy bleeding//post menopausal bleeding may b sign of cancer Uterus.//cancer of ovaries.
In males.swelling of testicles is terratoma cancer.
Swelling or enlargement of prostate.
Other cancer in both sexes.include.
Recurrent ulcer in mouth--tongue-cheek=cancer of oral cavity specially in tobacco eaters//smokers.
Swelling /lump any where in body.like thyroid cancer.///swelling of lyphnodes ie lymphomas.
Skin cancer can develop from common mole//warts.
Change of voice[hoarseness].pronged cough//cigarette smokers=lung cancer.
Change in urine/bowel habits like constipation alternating with diarrhea. Can b large bowel/bladder cancer.
Difficulty in eating//swallowing or vomiting upper abdomen pain specially in middle age=stomach cancer.
Unexplained weight loss--leukemia.
My cousin is having blood cancer and is 11 year old. He is undergoing chemotherapy. What diet should be followed and which foods we can give him.
If a patient is in the last stage of cancer, is there any chance that he cam survive and recover back?
Once breast cancer operation done is there any chance to repeat cancer? Which test to be done in future?
My wife operated for radical breast removal surgery along with limfnodes removal for breast cancer. She is experiencing lymphoedima in hand and hand is swollen. Please advise what type of physio exercise is recommended?
Cancer is the one of the biggest threat to the young Indian population because of the factors that cause cancer, but also due to late detection. However, certain bad habbits and the factors increase the risk of cancer in India.
Causes of cancer in India:
- Overpopulation and the problem of nutrition: As per records, India is the world's third most populous country. However, it lacks in resources to feed the multiplying number of mouths. Nutrition plays a key role in deciding the quality of a person's life. Nutrition has therefore emerged as an essential branch of research and medical care in the last few decades. Lack of nutrition directly results in weakened immunity. Your body becomes prone to diseases, some of which can be fatal. To fight off cancer cells, one must have a strong immune system that comes from the right kind of nutrition.
- Smoking is a recurrent habit among children and adults: Smoking can cause cancer. Every cigarette packet reads the same warning messages but it doesn't actually deter smokers in any way. Smoking is prevalent among people of all age groups in India. From poor children to conscious educated adults, all are seen smoking.
- A Tropical country and its woes: Tropical countries are known to face the wrath of the sun. While most places in central, western, partly eastern and southern India experience extremes of temperature in summer, other places with moderately hot summers are not exempted from the harmful UV rays. Ultraviolet rays can be very harmful for one's skin, as it can cause skin cancer. Indians have a high amount of melanin, which protects them against sun rays, but the threat exists nonetheless.
- The concept of fast food: A global economy has opened avenues awaiting your attention in the realm of food. To suit the tones and moods of a fast life, fast food has been made available to you. We take pride in consuming things that can be prepared in an instant: instant noodles, soups and even curries. Packaged food and junk food are sources of cancer cells.
- Lack of awareness regarding the most common types of cancer: Breast and cervical cancer are the two most common types of cancer eating away the health of Indians. The problem lies in being unaware about the root causes, symptoms and treatment procedures related to these kinds of cancer. Social repression turns health concerns into matters of insignificance. Women fear social alienation after coming in the open with their problems.