Lybrate.com has top trusted Physiotherapists from across India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Physiotherapists online in Noida and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. KeshavYour feedback matters!
Are you suffering from skeletal and muscular disorders and are looking for an effective remedy? You can opt for Thaila Dhara or Pizhichil treatment. This is an Ayurvedic therapy which is effective for curing skeletal and muscular disorders. The term Pizhichil refers to squeezing. The procedure involves the squeezing of warm, medicated oil from a cloth. It is followed by a massage of the entire body except for the head. This procedure is performed by three or more Ayurvedic therapists and it requires more than three liters of medicated oil.
Indications for Pizhichil or Thaila Dhara
Other than muscular and skeletal disorders, this Ayurvedic therapy is also used for getting relief from several other health conditions. These include rheumatic diseases, vata dosha disorders, paralysis, arthritis, sexual weakness, insomnia, high blood pressure, depression, nervous weakness, neurological disorders, muscular aches and dislocated or stiff joints.
The procedure of Thaila Dhara involves several steps. First, the Ayurvedic therapist evaluates your prakruti, vikruti and dosha imbalance before prescribing the type of medicated oil to be used. Pizhichil is performed in seven standard body positions and no area is left out. First a light massage is given and then lukewarm medicated oil is squeezed on the patient’s body using a cloth. From time to time, the cloth is dipped in a vessel which contains the medicated oil. It takes one hour for the procedure to get completed. Based on your requirements, the frequency of the therapy is prescribed by your Ayurvedic physician.
Benefits of Thaila Dhara
There are several benefits of Thaila Dhara. They are as follows:
- It is an ideal therapy for treating vata imbalance.
- It helps in relieving body pains, inflammations and stiffness.
- The body gets detoxified and rejuvenated.
- The mind, body and soul gets soothed.
- It is great for stress and anxiety relief.
- Blood circulation is improved drastically.
- Overall physical and mental health is improved.
- Muscular tone is enhanced.
- The entire nervous system is re-tuned and the nerves are strengthened.
- Fractured bones are healed and overall body immunity gets enhanced.
The different Ayurvedic medicated oils used in the procedure of Thaila Dhara include Sahacharadi thailam, Narayana thailam, Dhanwantharam thailam, Bala thailam and Prbhanjanavimardana thailam among others. In many cases, the medicated oils are combined together. The selection of oils should be done by your Ayurvedic physician. The course of Thaila Dhara treatment may be of 7 days, 14 days or more. This depends on your condition and requirements. You should strictly consult an Ayurvedic practitioner before thinking of undergoing Thaila Dhara treatment.
I have muscle pain in the some waist region. I feel pain due to excercise 20 day ego. Local doctor said this is micro trauma. Acording his dvice I took nice Mr. And evion for ten days. But pain does not go away. Mri also done. There are nothing. What I should do to reduce muscle pain in back (waist)?
Muscle contusion is a condition that is characterized by bruising in the muscles. It generally tends to occur in athletes who play a lot of contact sports. Repetitive blows in any part of the body may cause damage to the underlying muscle tissues. These blows may lead to internal bleeding, resulting in blood clot formation. The most common site where it occurs are the quadriceps.
The various causes of this condition are:
- Direct repetitive blows to a part of the muscle in contact sports such as football
- If you fall on a hard surface
- It may also occur if the muscle comes in contact real hard with sports equipment like soccer balls
The symptoms of a muscle contusion are:
- You may experience swelling of the muscle
- Excessive pain
- Decrease in range of motion in the concerned body part
- It may lead to leaking of blood vessels
- You may also experience hematoma where a lump is formed over the affected spot
- Symptoms of broken bones, dislocations and fractures may also occur
Complications: This disorder may also lead to various complications such as compartment syndrome, which leads to compression of blood vessels resulting in pain.
Treatment: The basic treatment for this condition is the RICE protocol which is rest, ice, compression and elevation. You should rest the muscle, then apply ice to the affected area to reduce the pain. You can also take NSAIDs (non steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) to reduce the pain. In severe cases, the doctor may drain the lump surgically.
It is advisable to not return to your normal sports routine in order to allow the muscle to recover. If you carry on with your regular routine, it may result in further complications like the formation of scar tissue. You may undergo various stretching exercises to relieve the pain and make a gradual return to your normal sporting activities.
I am 25 years old. I have strong pain in left knee joint. I consulted a doctor .he told me for MRI. But not only told me for physiotherapy .but I am doing from last 1 month but there is no effect. Please suggest me something after watching my MRI report- MRI LEFT KNEE JOINT STUDY PROTOCOL : SAGITTAL : PD, GRE // CORONAL : STIR, T1W // AXIAL :T2 TSE FINDINGS : There is mild effusion in knee joint extending into suprapatellar and prepatellar recess. Femorotibial articular surfaces and joint space are normal. Visualised bones are normal in cortical outline and marrow signal intensity. Grade II signal change on PD images reaching upto capsular surface is seen in the posterior horn of medial meniscus. Lateral meniscus is normal in outline and signal intensity. Anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments are normal in course with normal parenchymal signal intensity. Quadriceps femoris tendon and patellar tendon are normal with normal signal intensity. Patella is normal in location. Patellar articular cartilage is normal in thickness, outline and signal intensity. Medial and lateral collateral ligaments are normal with no evidence of tear. Peri-articular and para-articular muscles reveal normal parenchymal signal intensity and well-preserved intermuscular fat planes. IMPRESSION: FINDINGS ARE SUGGESTIVE OF *GRADE II SIGNAL CHANGE IN POSTERIOR HORN OF MEDIAL MENISCUS. *MILD KNEE JOINT EFFUSION. PLEASE CORRELATE CLINICALLY.
I have severe pain in the right shoulder blade and right upper arm. The pain gets aggravated in cold or in contact with water. Seeking home remedy. I have tested for spondylitis with negative results.
I am a 20 year old girl. I am facing severe back pain. Doctors said I am suffering from sacroilisis. Can you please suggest me what I should do. Also suggest the exercises and the diet plan. I shall be grateful to you. Is wearing belt beneficial?
My mom is 55 year old and is suffering in right leg pain from few years. And lot of treatment there is no improvment. So sir please give me abest suggestion and treat or my loving mom. Thanks.
I am taking Sertraline 100 mg 1-0-0 and Mirtaz 15 mg 0-0-1 for mixed Depression-Anxiety and Sizodon plus 0-0-1 and Sizopin 25 mg 0-0-1 for Schizophrenia since 10 years. There is relief. Now, I find it difficult to stand or sit for a long time and hence I have the urge to lay down often. Do anti-psychotic drugs act on the brain and the spinal cord which causes the urge to laid down often? If so, what is the condition called? Is it Irreversible? This is coming in way of my everyday duties. Please confirm with specific answers to the above two questions. Thank You.
When I feel tensed or worried I vomit, I don't know why it's is happening to me, it's happening to me from around 5 months back, I took tablets to avoid vomit but still when I am tensed or worried (like before going to exam hall) can you please suggest what could be done for this?
My friend have some leg pains because of daily walk to ground to play cricket and he had some back pains.
A pain in the neck or back can restrict movements and hamper your lifestyle. These are both common pains that may or may not be a symptom of a more serious illness. Neck pain can be caused by a number of factors including stress, whiplash, inflammatory infections, mechanical disorders and metabolic disorders. The main causes for a backache are vertebral column diseases, spinal cord infections, abnormal posture, heavy lifting etc.
Homeopathy is one of the most holistic forms of treatment that can be used to treat pain in the neck or back. Homeopathic treatment has no side effects and is based on individual mental and physical symptoms showcased. Homeopathy do not address the pain itself but treats the underlying cause thus ensuring that it does not recur.
Some common homeopathic remedies for neck pain and backaches are:
- Calcarea flour: This is used to treat pains that arise from the hardening of cervical glands. Such pain tends to deteriorate in cold weather and worsens when the patient is lying down. Heat can be soothing to such backaches and neck pains.
- Bryonia: This is used typically to treat backaches that are worsened by any movement and for a stiff back. This sort of back ache is often relieved by resting or lying on a hard surface.
- Arnica: Arnica is an excellent remedy for pains that follow an injury. When it comes to backaches and neck pains it can be used to treat soreness and straining of ligaments. It is also beneficial against the feeling of being bruised.
- Fluoric acid: This can be used to treat rigidity and a feeling of stiffness around the nape of the neck. Such pain is often associated with numbness of the neck and forearm.
- Hypericum: This is a useful homeopathic remedy for compressed injuries and nerve pain. It can be used to treat back aches caused by disc compression, canal stenosis, myelopathy and radiculopathy. Hypericum can also be used to treat jerking muscles.
- Kali carb: If your back feels weak and you experience sharp pains, Kali carb may be help alleviate your pain. Such pain is usually associated with a burning sensation and causes excessive sweating. Kali carb is also suited to treating backaches during pregnancy. You can also take the package for Reducing Joint/Muscle Pains.
Along with medication, try maintaining a good posture to help reduce neck pains and backaches. Avoid lifting heavy weights and travelling long distances. Applying hot and cold packs over the area can also help reduce the intensity of the pain. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a specilized homeopathy and ask a free question.