Doctor in Shanti Home De-Addiction Mental Health and Rehabilitation Centre
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Management of Emergency Conditions
Manual Therapy Treatment
Psychoanalysis for Suicide
Submit a review for Shanti Home De-Addiction Mental Health and Rehabilitation CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I feel strange that I am suffering from epilepsy. I consulted Dr Rupali Shivalkar. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor. It's been more than a year that I was experiencing Epilepsy. I read about Dr Rupali Shivalkar on one of the social media platform. The overall atmosphere in the Shanti Home Psychiatry Center is very soothing. Over the period of time the epilepsy treatment has helped me a lot. It was so quite pleasant in the Shanti Home Psychiatry Center. With the help of her treatment for epilepsy I am feeling so great.Dr Rupali Shivalkar is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems.
I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Rupali Shivalkar to anyone gladly. The guidance Rupali Shivalkar gave me has helped me immensely with my situation. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Shanti Home Psychiatry Center. During the treatment, my Rupali Shivalkar supported me a lot. She is one of the best physicians in city. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of drowsiness. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my drowsiness.
Many people gave very positive feedback for therRupali Shivalkar. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Rupali Shivalkar has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference.my depression problem aggravated. Even in case of emergency, the staff is always willing to help. Shanti Home Psychiatry Center had all the amenities, a patient requires. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to solve my depression.
I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Rupali Shivalkar to anyone gladly. Someone from the office, referred us that Rupali Shivalkar. The overall cleanliness in the Shanti Home Psychiatry Center was amazing. The best thing about Rupali Shivalkar is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. The Shanti Home Psychiatry Center is decorated very nicely and doesn't look like a hospital. I was undergoing drug abuse i
I developed this ocd and didn't know what to do. She is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. Someone from the office, referred us Dr Rupali Shivalkar. The entire Shanti Psychiatry Center was spotlessly, clean. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend her to anyone gladly.
I thank Dr Rupali for giving the best possible stress reatment. I was in too much pain due to stress but after consulting this doctor, I am perfectly fine. I am not facing any such issue in my present. She is not only a great psychiatrist but also a great person.
Thank you very muchdr Rupali Shivalkar.You are like an angel sent by God to me and finished the anxiety problem that made my life and my marriage hell. I am very very thankful to you and your staff at Shanti Home Psychiatry Center in Noida.
Rupali shivalkar is a very Good Psychiatrist , rather I would say a best doctor I have ever met. He finished my problem of alcohol addiction very easily and with very less medicines. His clinic is Shanti Home Psychiatry Center in Noida
Dr. Rupali provides answers that are very helpful. Tysm . Keep helping .
Social anxiety disorder is a chronic mental health condition in which a person has excessive and unreasonable fear of certain social situations. Anxiety and self-consciousness arise from a fear of being scrutinized, embarrassed or judged by others. The fear may be made worse by a lack of social skills or experience in social situations. This persistent anxiety can build into a panic attack, and the affected person may start avoiding social situations under extreme distress. People with social anxiety disorder also suffer anticipatory anxiety, which is the fear of a situation even before it happens. In many cases, the person is aware that the fear is unreasonable and overblown, yet is unable to overcome it.
Like many other mental health conditions, social anxiety disorder arises from a complex interaction of environment and genes. The possible causes are:
- Inherited traits - Genetic factors may contribute to the development of social anxiety disorder if it is present in a first-degree relative (parents, siblings or child).
- Brain structure - Nuclei shaped part of the brain called amygdala may play a role in controlling the fear response. People with overactive amygdala may have a heightened fear response, increasing anxiety in social situations.
- Environmental factors - Social anxiety disorder may be a learned behavior. You may develop the condition after witnessing the anxious behavior of others. Also, there may be an association between social anxiety disorder and overprotective parents wanting to control their children.
Social anxiety disorder is the second most common type of anxiety disorder, which most often surfaces in adolescence or early adulthood. It is more common in women than in men. There is no way to predict what will cause social anxiety disorder, but some steps can be taken to reduce the impact of symptoms by getting help early instead of delaying, managing stress in daily life and avoiding unhealthy substances like alcohol, drugs and caffeine. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Stress can be defined as the way in which human body responds to any kind of threat or demand. When you feel stressed, the central nervous system releases some “stress hormones” like cortisol and adrenaline which trigger the whole body for urgent action. For successful stress management, you will have to practice techniques that particularly work for you. This is because what may work for others may not be as helpful for you and vice versa. Also the way, stress manifests itself differs from individual to individual. However, practicing these basic techniques may help.
Find out the habits that make you stressful:
- It is absolutely easy to know what is making you feel helpless and stressed out and this is the first thing you must do for yourself.
- You should now try to ignore your thoughts, sadness and behaviors that constantly make you stressful. By doing this, you will be able to understand whether it is really the demand from different aspects of your life or it is you who is contributing to the stress.
- You may start maintaining a stress journal where you will jot down what has made you stressful and how you felt about it and finally, how you reacted. You can continue keeping it until you see significant improvements.
Eliminate unhealthy habits with healthy coping strategies:
- Relax and contemplate about how you try to manage stress presently. Do you take any medications and how far are they effective in managing your stress?
- There are some people who resort to smoking, taking anti-depressants, withdrawing from family and loved ones, sleeping more than needed and taking out the stress on other people. You should also consider the long-term effects of your present coping strategies.
- If you find that your coping strategies are not quite effective, it is probably time to change and replace them with healthy habits.
Get up and start moving:
- Physical activities can help you to a great extent when you are willing to cope up with the daily stress. That doesn’t mean you will have to become an athlete to reduce stress.
- Spending an hour doing free hand exercises or even at the gym can be considerably beneficial.
- This is because when you perform some physical activity, it releases endorphins which are known as “happy hormones.” This can boost your mood and burn out the frustration and anger that are putting you down.
- Start following these easy steps today to see desirable reduction in stress levels.
Cananbis Sativa is a hemp plants which creates a variety of drugs including marijuana. This plant has an active ingredient known as THC that makes a person feel high upon ingestion. The compounds of this ingredient can also affect the way a person's body functions. Usually, high doses of this can cause potentially life threatening effects on the person. It is mostly ingested in the form of dried leaves, flowers, stems and seeds. People also mix it in vapourisers, or brew it as tea. It may also be baked as cookies. While the physical side effects are many, smoking or ingesting this substance can also lead to many mental side effects. Let us find out more:
Physical Side Effects:As per various medical studies, the inhalation or ingestion of Cannabis can take your heart rate to an increased level of two times its normal rate. This state can last up to three hours. Also, people who have had very high doses or suffer from this increased heart rate for a prolonged period may die due to a sudden cardiac arrest. Dizziness and shallow breathing are also a part of the side effects while dilated pupils and red eyes may also be seen. Further, a sudden spike in one's appetite and a dry mouth are some of the other side effects.
Cravings:A person who has ingested Cannabis may experience many side effects that are on the mental and emotional side. The more mild side effects include the experience of cravings for certain types of food, as well as an increase in one's appetite where the person does not manage to keep track of what he or she is eating, and in what quantity. Also, sleeplessness and irritability may set in.
Mind and Mood Changes:After Cannabis ingestion, the person may feel extremely happy or extremely sad. Either which ways, the patient will feel a sense of detachment as far as reality goes. While he or she may not be acutely aware of the same, the people around the patient will be able to sense this with the words and actions of the person. The patient may also experience a distorted sense of time and motion, while depression and anxiety may also set in with prolonged abuse of this drug. Short term memory impairment may also take place, which can lead to forgetfulness regarding important details. Also, random thinking and strange fears may begin to plague the person in question. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It is really important to enlighten yourself with the meaning of the word 'cannabis'. Cannabis Sativa is a kind of hemp plant from which you derive hash, hash oil and marijuana. Cannabis is popularly known by a litany of street names like weed, pot, grass, homegrown or even ganja. Tetrahydrocannabinol or THC is a chief chemical present in the plant. This chemical has the potential to alter the way you think, feel or work and hence there is a need to know its link with psychosis. Psychosis on the other hand aims to explain mental conditions felt by a person. In most cases a stark departure from reality is noticed which is usually the case after consuming cannabis as well.
Psychotic effects of Cannabis:
- Irregular sleep patterns: The effect of Marijuana or hash can upset your sleep patterns. A check has to be exercised therefore. It can make you feel too tired and exhausted to rest for long hours.
- Increased anxiety: Many times, the hemp plant has been found to play up with your coping skills. You might feel anxious at the drop of a hat. Anxiety takes a toll on mental peace and affects your physical health.
- Problem in thinking clearly: Under the effect of Cannabis, you tend to live in a parallel universe. Your mind makes up imaginary situations thinking it to be real. This muddles up your capability to think clearly.
- Lack of innovation: Continuous consumption of the drug can also make a person repetitive; you stop conceiving new ideas.
- Reduced confidence: Studies show how you can become very nervous due to the effects of cannabis.
- Reticence: Communication can be a problem if you have been using the plant for a long time. You tend to bottle up your emotions and also your fears.
- Paranoia and suspiciousness: You might even grow suspicious of people you trusted all along. Friends, relatives, parents are doubted. Obsession with the slightest of things is also a resultant effect.
- Delusions and Hallucinations: Being 'high' is a positive effect as it helps you to relax, but if unhindered it could lead to serious hallucinations. Your existence in a hallucinated world can even turn fatal in some cases.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
What is ADHD?
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
1. Hyperactivity which includes -
- Fidgets often
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
2. Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
- Neurodevelopmental changes - A poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
- Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!