Doctor in Fortis Hospital
Submit a review for Fortis HospitalYour feedback matters!
When you say weight loss, the first thing that comes to mind is the need to starve oneself and skip eating. This thought is very scary for people who are used to 4 regular meals a day. Feel good, because it is not just scary, it is false too. The idea is to eat healthy and low-calorie foods and not to stop eating completely. You should also learn to trick your body - eat something filling that will control and delay your hunger pangs. Your stomach is busy but not digesting something that adds a lot of calories into your system. Sounds great, isn't it?
1) Eggs - These are not just filled with protein , they also provide all the essential amino acids for your system. These amino acids have the ability to suppress hunger, and it will be quite some time before you start feeling hungry. Scrambled or hard-boiled or in any form you like, pick an egg if you have a choice and see the difference.
2) Oatmeal - Breakfast is considered as the most important meal of the day and try to make it as wholesome as possible. Oats, loaded with fiber, fills your stomach and prolongs your hunger pangs. Not just lower calories, these help control your body mass index (BMI). Oats can be cooked in different ways, and adding fruit or vegetables to make it more wholesome. Oats help in controlling cravings and oats in form of salads is a very healthy option.
3) Apples - With about 75 calories in each average-sized fruit, apple is packed with nutrients and accelerates weight loss. The ursolic acid contained in apples improves fat burning and promotes leaner muscle mass. Best eaten raw, you can also add it to oats or have a smoothie.
4) Beans - Packed with water, fiber, and protein, beans in any form will keep you full and is a great addition to your diet. Either as a soup, baked, or cooked in your preferred way, beans will help you eat less and lose more weight.
5) Nuts - While nuts are usually considered off the radar for people who are watching their weight, it is not true. Whether almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans, or pistachios, nuts contain good (unsaturated) fats and are packed with fibers. They are packed with calories but you will feel full for a long time before you are hungry again, and that helps. A glass of water along with the nuts will prolong the digestion and keep your hunger pangs away for more hours.
If you are planning to lose some weight, eating these types of foods will definitely help you.
Vegetables have always been an integral part of every healthy meal. They contain nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins which ensure smoothness of skin and prevent wrinkles. Here are some of those veggies which would help you maintain your youthful, healthy appearance and visage.
Read more to find out about them :
Make sure you have a generous portion of this vegetable when you are on a meal as this green cruciferous vegetable is stuffed with phytonutrients which reduce inflammation and also help preventing lung cancer and stomach cancer. They also contain essential nutrients which help in cell repair and help to slow down the aging process.
Spinach is your go to food if you want you to retain your hard earned muscle tone. Studies indicate that spinach helps in strengthening your muscles. It contains magnesium, more than any other food item per serving. It helps to maintain muscle definition and nerve function as well as regulates blood pressure and blood sugar.
Kale is full of vitamin K which is very essential for blood coagulation and preventing internal hemorrhaging. It is also essential to maintain the strength in your bones as you age. Studies have shown that kale also helps to prevent prostate cancer. Consume it cooked to maximize its benefits.
Onions are very helpful to prevent and end your stomach trouble. It prevents the growth of H. pylori bacteria which causes ulcers, gastritis and gastric cancer. Unfortunately deep fried onion rings do not count. Garlic and tea, other food items which are rich in flavonoid are some other alternatives which you can go for.
Eggplants are rich in Nasunin, a nutrient which helps in the anti-aging process and helps prevent cancer as well. Eggplants also help prevent Alzheimer's disease.
6. Red Bell Pepper
Red bell peppers contain vitamin C, which triggers the production of white blood cells that fight against germs and bacteria. Consuming a diet which is rich in vitamin C helps to lessen wrinkles because it helps in the production of collagen.
Excessive fat in the body can cause a host of health complications such as diabetes, blood pressure, gout and disorders related to the gallbladder. However, there are certain food types that can help you achieve a healthy body with optimal fat levels.
Some foods that aid fat loss are:
1. Greek yoghurt
2. Green tea
Apart from its antioxidant properties which are beneficial to the body, it also raises the metabolic rate in the body to burn calories. Catechin is a compound present in green tea that aids in removing belly fat.
3. Chili peppers
They contain a compound containing capsaicin that helps in boosting metabolism which in turn burns fat.
Chicken mostly consists of lean protein that requires more calories to digest as compared to digesting fats and carbohydrates. Lean protein also help build muscle in the body which burn more calories when the body is at rest.
Cinnamon aids the body in transporting the sugar into the cells so that it can be used as energy and not stored as fat.
Eggs are considered to be a type of super food as they contain plenty of minerals and vitamins. Eggs also contain protein that helps in feeling full for a longer duration.
7. Non starchy vegetables
Non starchy vegetables such as carrots, squash and zucchini contain fiber that help you feel fuller. They also contain very less carbohydrates so they do not add much calorific value to the body.
This karwachauth load yourself with lots of nuts and protein during sargi, which will give you adequate energy for the entire day!