Treatment of Sleep Disturbance
Asthma Management Program
Management of Smoking Cessation
Oxygen Therapy Treatment
Obstructive Sleep Apnea Treatment
Lower/Upper Respiratory Tract Infection Treatment
Submit a review for Chest & TB ClinicYour feedback matters!
Atrial fibrillation is a form of irregular heartbeat or arrhythmia, which you may experience due to a problem in the electrical system of the heart. Such a problem causes the upper parts of the heart or the atria to fibrillate. Due to this quivering, the normal rhythm between the lower parts of the heart and the atria gets disrupted. The ventricles are likely to beat faster in an irregular rhythm. This is a severe condition where the blood may get collected in the atria; this could lead to the formation of blood clots. These clots can block the blood flow and lead to a stroke.
Several conditions cause strain and damage to the heart. These include the following:
- High blood pressure or hypertension
- Heart attack
- Valvular diseases
- Coronary artery disease
- Medical problems like heart failure, lung diseases, high level of thyroid or pneumonia
- Heart surgeries
- Excess consumption of alcohol
The primary symptoms of atrial fibrillation include the following:
- Light-headedness and dizziness
- Shortness of breath
- Feeling weak and fatigued
- Feeling as if the heart is pounding, fluttering or racing (known as palpitations)
- Feeling that the beating of the heart is uneven
- Chest pain and fainting
In many cases of atrial fibrillation, the symptoms may be absent.
Conducting several tests, physical examinations and an analysis of your health history is the first step towards diagnosing atrial fibrillation. An electrocardiogram (ECG) needs to be carried out for the detection of this condition. This test is performed for checking problems regarding the electrical activity of the heart. Other laboratory tests and an echocardiogram maybe required as well. An echocardiogram helps in observing the pumping function of the heart and to check whether the valves have been damaged.
The treatment options for atrial fibrillation depend on the cause, symptoms and the risks of getting a stroke. Several medicines are used for treatment along with other methods. They are as follows:
- Blood thinning medicines for the prevention of a stroke.
- Heart rate control medicines which will prevent irregular beating of the heart.
- Rhythm control medicines for restoring the heart’s rhythm to normal.
- A process known as cardioversion may be used to bring the heartbeat to a normal rhythm. This can be carried out by medicines or an electric shock therapy known as electrical cardioversion.
- In case of severe symptoms, ablation may be carried out where the affected areas of the heart are destroyed by the creation of a scar tissue.
For the best diagnosis and treatment of atrial fibrillation, you must consult a doctor as soon as you start experiencing the symptoms of the condition. A doctor will prescribe all that you need for an effective treatment.
Sir last time I had asked about eye flashes with shaky vision. My all eye test were normal and also mri was normal. I want to ask you weather cough can cause vision problems in mind? Because I have cough problem from childhood. Perhaps cough gathered in mind and causing vision problems.
I am getting constant cough and get hardened pieces come from the mouth and the smell of that is very bad I showed to doctor and had a xray done and he said everything is fine its a infection and gave agumentom 650 and vitamins tablet I feel like cough is coming from upper tract I finished the medication I want to be a singer and whenever I go on upper notes the there is a itching and I have to stop the song what should I do.
What to do, eat or practice habits while we have cold and cough. Please explain in details including details of medicine to stop running nose etc. Thanks.
I am having on and off of cough from past 1 year and also several tests have been done like chest x-ray, echo, ECG, wheezing tests and all reports are showing normal what may be the reason for this cough?
Since 2 days I have dry cough badly and also since morning I have body pain bocz of my my work stress yesterday. Please suggest me the medicine.
Dear sir/MADAM PKS HELP I was suffering from cough and cold for 1 and half month at the same time I suffered from tingling, cramping and sting in body. I suffered from cramps n my abdomen which wad sometime sir again I go for urine for 2_3 times in night before sleep and I get up at night for urinal. Sir my eye itches and have burning sensation and becomes some what yellow. In between my cramp and sting was okkk. Bt again it has come back I am stressed now. What is the reason. I saw the doctor also. Bt my vitb12is normal. thyroid test is normal sputum is okk. Lft is 1.7 and kidney is okkk and esr is 26 and fa is kkk bt calcium was less somewhat and phosphorous also. Sir help me. I do not think I am suffering from calcium deficiency because in mean while I got recovered. I feel itch also on some part and shock type pain and stings pls help.
Hi! My friend suffered from mdr tuberculosis and is in 4th month of his treatment. His 3rd month sputum culture result is still pending as the microscopic center machine is not working and they do not accept results outside dots center. So will their be any problem if he do not get the 3rd month sputum test and test for the 4th month sputum. Also is their any fixed timing when he should take the medicine after or before food. He is now taking medicine at night.
He is having chestic cough since 2 weeks. Sometimes irregular breathing. Its scary. He doesn't have asthma after doctor check up. For this doctor has given him Defcort30 a kind of steroid fr breathing problem. Main thing is his cough is not coming out properly .taking cough syrup also and some medicines.
Hi. Am 23 old female, working in Bangalore, am in relationship, he informing me that whenever he will come close to me in evening he will get bad breath from me, but not in morning times, as he told several times I checked n worried about that but am not sensing that but I could sens the bad smell from my nose only in morning after brush and whenever I close my nose from fingers. But he says its not from your nose its comes from mouth that whenever I speak. Am really worried about this. Because of this he is not coming close to me as much he use to earlier. From 3-4 days am brushing evening also at 6 pm but still he is getting. So what I need to do please suggest me.
I am suffering from dry cough for the lest 2 weeks and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I am suffering from dry cough for the last 2 week and I have chest pain whenever I cough hard. Can you suggest what should be done?
I have continue cough and some problems in throat and I can't sleep what can I do for temporary relief.
Had a sore throat and tonsillitis on left side 2 month back. Taken antibiotic treatment for 7 days and betadine gargles for 14 days. Symptoms got totally relieved. But tonsil is still swollen up. What may be cause and what should I do.
Hai Doctor, I have allergy asthma. My biceps are thin can I use muscleblaze creatine powder for muscles gain. (Or) suggest some good protein powder thank you.
Hello sir/mam, I have sinusitis problem. Polyps in my left nostril since last 2.5 years i.e 2015. Treatments: (1) Allopathy for 2 year (2) Homeopathy for 2-3 months (3) Ayurveda patanjali for 6 months+was doing jal neti+sutraneti but it was causing more irritation (4) At present Ayurveda but different doctor. Please recommend is there any chance of reducing polyps or should I go for only preventing infection. Plus which way should I go. Kindly reply asap.
Asthma is a chronic medical condition which causes narrowing and inflammation of the bronchial tubes (a passage which allows oxygen to leave and enter the lungs). Asthma is characterized by a wheezing or a whistling sound while breathing (due to uneven flow to and from the lungs and the air pipes). Shortness of breath is also experienced during an asthma attack. People who already have the condition are susceptible to sudden asthma attacks, if they are exposed to a situation or a substance which resulting in an irritation or allergy and thus causing changes their breathing pattern.
Symptoms of asthma
- Breathlessness or general difficulty in breathing (depending on hoe mild or severe an episode is)
- Wheezing and hissing sound while breathing or talking.
- Difficulty in speaking and may even be accompanied by severe coughing.
- Tightness can be experienced in the chest area.
- Difficulty in breathing which generally affects your sleep pattern.
- Skin around the rib cage appears to be hollow or ‘sucked in.’
- Bluish or gray color on your fingernail beds and lips
Treatment of asthma
- Prevention: Avoid certain situations and substances which trigger asthma such as pollen, clumps of dust, insect droppings, and moulds among others.
- Avoid smoking: Smoking and consuming tobacco is known to worsen asthma and thus is an absolute imperative to quit.
- Cough medicines: Stop taking cough syrups or other cough medications. Such medication cause side effects and doesn’t help with the discomfort caused by asthma and may even worsen the symptoms
- Avoid NSAID’S: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can worsen asthma for some people. These should not be consumed without consulting a health care specialist.
- Stop taking diet supplements: Dietary or weight control supplements should be avoided as these have ingredients which may trigger an attack or worsen a bad situation.
- Allergy shots: Sometimes asthma can also be triggered due to certain allergies. Allergy shots are recommended which can relieve your allergy symptoms. These shots increase your immunity by blocking the allergens (dust mites, mold, pets and pollens) from irritating the nerves and areas of the body which may trigger an attack. Minute amounts of allergens are injected over time to build up the tolerance level of an individual. This type of medication can even cure your allergy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.