Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay PatilYour feedback matters!
My son is six years and eight months old. He is having problem of bedwetting, I have tried but still he has not overcome with this problem, kindly suggest what should so that he can overcome this problem.
My Son who is 9 years old has polyuria since last one year. We got Urine ,Urine culture, KFT ,Sugar, ADH test but all are fine .Please advise next steps.
Bone Anchored Hearing Aid (BAHA) is a device surgically implanted to help people suffering from a loss of hearing. Most conventional hearing aids transmit sound through air conduction. The BAHA device is suitable for conductive or mild-moderate mixed hearing loss.
Problems with hearing in the middle or outer ears can be helped with the BAHA device. The sound waves received by the BAHA device bypass the middle ear and get delivered straight to the functioning cochlea in both ears.
A BAHA device comprises of two parts:
- The processor
- A fixture which is surgically implanted behind the ear in the bone.
The implant is embedded in the bone. The processor, which remains outside, is attached to the implant. There is a microphone on the processor that picks up sounds. The sounds are passed on to the implant. The implant vibrates which triggers the Cochlear. You can consider wearing a BAHA implant if other conventional hearing aids do not work for you. BAHA implants are also given to people with collapsed or irritated ear canals.
Cochlear Implant Surgery
A complex, small electronic device that helps hearing in people with severe hearing loss or deafness is used in the Cochlear Implant Surgery. The cochlear implant comprises of an external piece behind the ear and another piece that is surgically implanted under the skin. A cochlear implant comprises of four parts:
- A microphone which picks up sounds from the surroundings
- A speech processor which chooses and arranges the sounds the microphone picks up
- A receiver/stimulator and transmitter that picks up signals from the speech processor and changes them into electric impulses
- An electrode ray, a bunch of electrodes, receives impulses the stimulator sends and transmits them to different areas of the auditory nerves.
The implant does not cure deafness; it only gives you a useful portrayal of sounds in the environment and considerable aid in understanding speech.
The surgery is done in the following way:
- The area around the site of the implant is shaved or cleaned
- The patient's vital signs are monitored through cables, patches and monitors attached to him or her
- General anaesthesia is administered through IV or through a face mask
- After the device is implanted, the patient is taken to the recovery room for the anaesthesia effect to lessen.
My son is 3.5 years old. He is taking macox zh kid for 4 months. How long will it take to stop. Whether the doctor will stop by 6 months or will he continue. I fear to ask him bec still he is having cold. Can we give curd during cold?
My daughter had 8 months now. She suffering from cold and cough. So what kind of medicine to take her? Please explain.
Fever is returning in every 4 hrs for my 17 months old baby . We have been giving him ibugesic plus . Kindly advise asap.
Hi My 3 years old daughter has been complaining stomach ache since 3 days off and on. She is passing gas, has some constipation too. What do I do?
My daughter of 3 1/2 years has the adamant character for her needs. She is easily getting angry and throwing the objects whatever she gets. Now she is going to nursery. I don't know how to overcome this problem from her. What is the psychological problem behind her. And how I have to behave with her. I like my daughter to be lovable one. Please help me doctors.
Hello Doctor, I have a six months baby. Next week, we are going to fly to Kuwait. Can I give him a dose of Pedicloryl syrup before flying to avoid the disturbances to the baby due to atmospheric pressure variations? Awaiting for your valuable reply. Thanking you.
He always eats what is on the floor. Anything which we give he puts in the mouth. Is this a common problem. Or else my child has some problem. What is the solution for it? Any tonic.
Hi. My baby is just 15 days old ans she got contact dermatitis on her face as well as on whole body. Can I use soframycin for this treatment as prescribed by a skin specialist?
Hello Doctor. My baby is just 8 months old and since last five days she is suffering from too much of cough and cold. We have shown her to a doctor and giving her the medicine as prescribed. Medicines are tixylix syrup, taxim-o syrup, albutamol plus. And have even given her nebulizer. She is better from before yet too much of cough is der in the chest. She sometime use to vomit and too much of cough comes out in dat. She had fever just for 1 day. Now she is just having the cough. Please suggest something which can help her to get well at the earliest.
Meri daughter wo 5+ ki hai pr bahut weak hai sab, khati hai pr growth bilkul nahi hai, weight 10 kg, hai. please ap koi tonic bataye.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.