Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Vinay PatilYour feedback matters!
Sir my question is mera ladka h jiski umar 6th month h. Wo kal sham se abi tak 7-8 pooty kr chuka h. Iska karan kya h or is ke liye medicine kya h.
My daughter is not feeling hunger properly, tried many home remedies, but did not helped. Please suggest.
My baby boy is just 10 months old. We had medically examined him and found that his hemoglobin is just 5.4. He is very much dependent on mother feed but we always try our best to feed him with other than mother feed. We use Cerelac, also nanpro as supplements. Please advice.
My baby girl is 4 months old. She is in habit of taking & sucking Right thumb into her mouth. Please advise me how to get rid of that habit.
Hello Urgent help My 13 days old baby is on breast feed n my left breast nipple is becoming hard n it's paining during feed n baby is unable to feed please suggest some help.
My 2 month baby is just 4 kg she is not gaining weight properly, Doctor suggested, zinkosure 2:50 ml and mysac- z sachet what is your opinion ? please help.
Mere bete ki umra 2.5 saal hai. Yah 6/7 din par 1 baar letrin karata hai or wo bhi khul kar nahi kar paata hai. Thoda sa sukha huwa potty karega or thodi der baad phir chillayega ki potty karenge. Yeh kaam dinbhar thoda thoda karke phir 6/7 din tak nahi karega. Angrji dawa ya homeopathy dawa khila kar dekh liya gaya hai koi bhi dawa khaane ke 2 din baad khulkar 2 dino tak lagatar poty karta hai phir wo dawa bhi kaam nahi karti phir 6/7 dino baad wohi problam ho jaati hai. Jabki mera beta paani bhi kubh pita hai. Please aap bataye hum kya kare.
My newborn is 14 days old today and had mild jaundice of 8.9 on 8th day. Doc has asked to feed him every 2.5 hours. I have following queries 1. Sometimes he keeps on sleeping beyond 2.5 hours and does not wake even after trying hard. Is it ok to let him sleep a little more until he wakes by himself. Sometimes at night I feel so sleepy that I let him sleep for more than 2.5 hours. Please suggest if its fine. I feed him properly during the day. 2. Shall I keep tab on 2.5 hours or let my baby wake on his own when hr is hungry. I have tried it once or twice and noticed he wakes up anytime between 2 to 4 hours by himself. 3. How to know that my baby is recovering from jaundice? Docs say it takes anytime between 20 to 30 days. Shall I be taking blood test to confirm?
My baby is 4 month old and he had red rashes around the neck so one pediatrician suggest me cluster-gm tube. I applied and redness is absolutely clear but skin gets white which is looking very bad. Then I consult one of my friend dermatologist and she suggest me topisone m cream. Now please suggest should I apply this cream on my baby's skin or not. This time I don't want take a chance. Its very urgent please advice me.
My son is 12 yes old and is prescribed derinide AQ nasal spray ,Arzep nasal spray and formonide 400 novocart. Are these medicines safe for him as I have seen rapid weight gain and stomach problems arise due to this medicine.
My daughter is 4 years old. Mostly 75% she does the urine pass on bed while sleeping on bed at night even after urine out once at night before sleeping. For that what precautions we should take?
My son who is 3 months old has a reflux immediately after a feed every time. Is this a matter of concern?
This is a message or an important information to convey you, though I know that you love your children the most, but there are certain real facts, if you are unaware then, this tip will help you think and judge to save your children from leading a spoiled life. In fact I know that all of you do expect their children to lead a happy, good and a peaceful life, but you miss certain facts because of your busy schedule and commitments.
- Having children brings an increased sense of meaning into family life. Gives parents the reason for living, though there is marital conflict as well.
- Motherhood is by very nature a" giving job" because a mother's love and care is expressed physically (hug, kiss, touch), emotionally (laugh, cry and smile), mentally and spiritually to their children.
- Nurturing of the mother and how much time she gives to her child is very important, because the way the child is cared, loved and trained will make the child the best citizen of the country and to the society as well with all the good qualities.
- It puts too much pressure on your kids. Being a kid is really hard, because a kid is very innocent and helpless, because they cannot do, think or judge what is good and what is bad when they are too young.
- Their family are their blood relatives (parents, siblings, grandparents, aunts and uncles who are blood relatives of their parents are their role models, heroes and heroines in their life, which they tend to dream and react when they observe.
Do you remember parents? the society you lived was safe and not very bad as these days. Your childhood days was much safer than what it is now.
- Do not believe a 3rd person (maid/caretaker) to be the body guard/security to your innocent child to take care or teach them in a positive way.
- Good relationship with each and every kid is very very important so do not leave your kid in the hands of a 3rd person, who will handle them in a very sadist or cruel way physically abuse, or verbally abuse or at least emotionally or mentally.
- Do not run behind money then, you will lose your kid's happiness, peace and good future.
- Maid/caretaker will shatter your dreams and your kid will be a spoiled kid with all the bad qualities and bad habits, which you may or may not be aware of.
- Kids almost of all age groups do need privacy, while passing urine or even when passing faeces. They are more comfortable only with their close relatives to help them clean or handle them in this situation and not a third person, maid, or a caretaker. Though they cannot communicate, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- When left with a maid/caretaker or a 3rd person, they are forced in a situation to watch videos, pictures or television not suitable to their age so just imagine what will be registered in your kid's mind at a very young age and what will be the impact be in the future
- Maid/caretaker or a 3rd person may be of good nature or may not be. When they are left alone to handle your poor little kids who are helpless enough to say" no daddy or no mummy, I want you to be with me, because I am afraid to stay without you, I do not want this 3rd person. I very badly want you mom and dad please" they do cry and crave for you parents if not communicated, their eyes and facial expressions do mean the same.
- The maid's/a caretaker's or a 3rd person's character or mood or emotions tend to change because of selfishness, lack of humanity or jealousy, because of these nature, the way they handle your little one would-be very bad, which will definitely spoil your child to the maximum extent they can.
I would like to convey through this health feed that.
" please do not run behind money, which will not bring peace or happiness in your life when your kid is spoiled, internally depressed and tortured emotionally without your knowledge when left in the hands of a wrong person.
- My advice would be that any one of the parents should stay along with them or at least their close aunt or grandparents, till the kid is able to communicate well with you about their experiences or emotions to you. If you think your life, world and happiness is your kid then, do not leave them under the care or in the hands of a wrong person.
- Do allow your kids to grow with their loved ones, good environment, and give them the privacy and their rights.
- Their rights and need is they want only your love, care and security.
- Save your kid by sacrificing your wants or desires for them by staying along with them till they are old enough to handle themselves.
- The way they are brought up or grown up will make them a good citizen to the country and a good person to the society with all the good qualities.
- Respect your child's rights and privacy.
Giving a child medication can be a challenging job and one that many parents dread! Wrong dosage can create a havoc and lead to unnecessary complications or the problem not getting treated at all. So make sure you give your child the proper dose.
Here is a small guide that will help you understand more about dosage and administration of medicine for children:
- Dosage: Usually, most pharmaceutical companies print the dosage as per the age or the weight range of the child. This is true mainly for paediatric drugs. Yet, there are other ways of calculating dosage as well. You can divide the age of the child (in months) by 150 and multiply the sum with the average adult dosage to compute the dose that the child should get.
- Frequency: Also, always speak with a paediatrician to find out how often a medicine must be administered. The label will usually have this information, but it is always best to mention the exact symptoms and ask for the frequency.
- Instruments: Child medicine usually comes in liquid form for easy ingestion. You can use a wide mouthed calibrated syringe for administering the medicine, or you could use a spoon, or even the measuring cup that comes with the medicine. The baby's bottle or a dropper can be used for infants as well. Take care to watch for signs of choking and administer the medicine in one dose broken up into smaller doses to avoid the same.
- Storage: Ask your doctor about storing the medicine at room temperature or in the refrigerator as this will affect the efficacy of the medicine.
- Administration: Remember to find out if the medicine is to be administered before or after the child has had a feed or a meal. Then, wash your hands and prepare the child by ensuring that he or she lies still without any squirming. Make the child comfortable about the idea of taking medication and keep the head propped up. Talk to distract the child and if need be, practice sucking it in so that the child avoids choking. You can mask the unpleasant taste of certain medicines by keeping a glass of juice or candy nearby.
- Missed Doses: If your child throws up a dose, or you miss one, do not give a double dose. Instead skip and give it later.
Take due precautions when you are administering, storing and measuring the medicine for your child as this could have an impact on how the child reacts and heals.
Hi my son is 5 weeks old and was in icu for 9 days after that he is completely on formula and doesnt take breastfeed now there is no milk and he is not ready to latch at all. What to do as I want to give his nutrition of mother milk.
Hello My baby is not passing out potty from last two days. He is only depends on mother feed. What should I do. Is it normal.
Children have a more active life than adults which means they need to be fed every few hours for ensuring the intake of sufficient nutrients. It is advisable to avoid giving them sugary snacks like chips, biscuits or chocolates as they are high in saturated fats and low in nutrients. It is essential to give healthy snacks to your children that are rich in nutrients and keep them healthy.
Here are five healthy snacks that you can include in your children's diet:
1. Whole grain cereal
Whole grain cereal along with milk and fruits can be one of the healthiest snacks for your children as a bowl full of these contain vitamins and calcium. Whole grains also contain fiber which helps regulate the digestive system. In order to make it a tasty snack, you can add strawberries or sliced bananas to it, which will also add more flavors to it. You can also make oatmeal cakes which are delicious as well as healthy.
Children are fond of smoothies and milkshakes and you can make it healthier too. Use low fat yoghurt and blend it with frozen fruits like mangoes, pineapple or blueberries for a delicious treat. You can also make a milkshake with peanut butter and fruits which are packed with nutrients and fiber and experiment accordingly. Avoid making the smoothies sugary as they can be harmful for your child's health if they are consumed on a regular basis.
Low-fat cheese is a healthy snack for children as it is rich in calcium and nutrients. Make it an interesting snack by but cutting cheese in fun shapes and making kabobs with fruits. You can also make healthy pizzas with vegetables like tomatoes, broccoli or bell peppers topped on whole grain pita bread. You can also make snacks out of salt-free pretzels which your child can have with low-fat cheese.
4. Healthy baked food
Sneak in the fruits and vegetables in the baked foods your kids love. You can make muffins with sweet potatoes which are rich in beta-carotene. You can also make banana bread which is a delicious treat for your kids. Moreover, crispy baked snacks out of oats and apples tossed together served with low-fat yoghurt on top can also be a good snack time idea.
5. Dry fruits
Dry fruits and unsalted nuts are really a great snack for your kids. You can serve raisin toasts to your children as they are rich in fiber and vitamins and more effective than other sugary snacks. You can make a creamy raisin mix and serve it with carrot sticks or sliced apples.