Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Vandana Gawdi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Vandana GawdiYour feedback matters!
I had unprotected sex on 5 may. And took ipill on the same days, also I am bleeding now. But in little amount. I am afraid of this. Can anybody tell am I pregnant or safe. I had my periods on 26 april. Now please tell me what to do.
Hi After taking Antibiotics for Urinary Tract Infection. I developed a severe itching on the inside and outside of my vulva and vagina. What should I do? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I have a strong feeling this has been caused by the Antibiotic. Please help.
The fallopian tubes are a part of a woman’s reproductive system. This is the passage through which the egg travels to meet the sperm and attach the end result to the lining of the womb or the uterine lining. In many cases, the fallopian tubes may get blocked, which can cause a series of complications, including infertility and other issues.
Read on to know more about the complications as well as the diagnosis.
Fallopian tubes: These are two thin tubes that flank either side of the uterus. It helps the matured egg from travelling from the ovaries to the uterus.
Blockage of fallopian tubes: Sexually transmitted diseases or STDs, as well as endometriosis, can cause a blockage in the fallopian tubes. The tubes can get blocked from one or both sides.
Complications: Blocked fallopian tubes can lead to major complications like early pregnancy loss as well as infertility. Every month, the ovaries release eggs during a cycle known as the ovulation cycle. During this period, the eggs leave the ovaries and travel through the fallopian tubes in order to reach the uterus, where they can possibly get inseminated with sperm, after which they will get fertilised and attach themselves to the uterine lining or the womb. In case the fallopian tubes are blocked, the eggs gets blocked and do not get a passageway to travel from the ovaries and into the uterus. This can lead to infertility as it will prevent fertilisation of the released egg. Furthermore, blocked fallopian tubes can also lead to tubal pregnancies, which will have to be terminated as it can lead to severe health risks.
Symptoms: So how can you find out whether your fallopian tubes are blocked? There are a number of symptoms that may be caused in the course of this condition. It is important to be even more careful about the symptoms because they may not be as obvious as other conditions, where irregular periods and heavy bleeding may point to the problem at the very onset. Pain in the lower abdomen and unusual discharge usually point to the problem. Also, loss of pregnancy due to the blockage is also a clear cut diagnosis.
Diagnosis: The diagnosis of the condition is done with the help numerous tests and imaging examinations conducted by a gynaecologist. A specialised X-ray called hysterosalpingogram or HSG is used in order to diagnose the issue. In this kind of examination, a dye is inserted through the uterus. This dye has a lens at the end, which shows the blockage and its extent. The doctor then conducts tests to find out the causes of this condition so that proper treatment may be followed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an IVF Specialist.
My Mother is 76 years old. She has undergone a surgery of uterus removal in 2014. After the Surgery she is always sick. Her haemoglobin level is always 10. Her Sugar level after food is 152, and normal before food. BLood pressure is always high but now she is taking medicines to control blood pressure. Please advise some good health habits for her to be healthy, as soon as she wakes up, she says I am feeling very weak and hungry. Her legs pain a lot. Please advise a routine food schedule for her and some advise on how she should keep her diet.
I am pregnant from 2 month 3rd month is going on Is cherry pear apple legs are better fr pregnant lady.
My sister is 21 years old. From last one week she is suffering from severe stomach ache on left side. Nd have Breast pain. And complaining white vaginal discharge. What could be the reason and treatment.
I had sex few days without any protection and my partner missed to take any contraceptive pills. Is there any way to minimize chance of pregnancy.
She has pain near breasts. Normally she feels it in night. She is having a 10 months old baby and she feeds him. What should we do?
I am suffering from PCOS since long, due to which I suffer from irregular periods, is there any permanent solution to it apart from regular medicines and pills?
Abs Are Made in the Kitchen
Every person hitting the gym for an exhaustive workout has the goal of getting into 6 pack Abs or flaunting one.
The Human body has well-toned muscles, however, it's the layer of fat which causes the muscles to hide. Thus, fat loss is the biggest concern.
Daily diet contributes to 70% and workout contributes to about 30% towards your fitness.
What you eat in 23 hours is more important than banking on that 1 hour spent for a workout. Having said that the role of diet is very clear, however, your workout is also an important aspect as 30% missing cannot complete 100% fitness goal.
Hi I'm 35 years old 6 months I'm taking 2nd ivf treatment as 1st was unsuccessful I got hypothyroidism it's normal for which I take 100 mcg every day & I got pcod problem as my periods r irregular & now for 2 years it's been light as well so can you please suggest any precautions to take for success.
Proper sleep, balanced diet, and strengthening exercises can boost endurance and ensure independence.
Muscle building isn't just for those who are into fitness as a hobby. Muscle strength is crucial for good health, especially as we age" muscle strength is important to help reduce injuries, most notably falls.
Strong muscles are needed to strengthen bones, control blood sugar, improve cholesterol levels, maintain a healthy weight, reduce joint pain, and fight mild depression. Those things can help you maintain your independence. Unfortunately with muscles, there's a use-it-or-lose-it effect" inactivity causes a loss of muscle protein, resulting in a decrease in muscle strength. Without continued strength and resistance training, the rate of muscle mass decline is much greater.
If your doctor says it's okay, start a strength training program to supplement moderate-intensity exercise that gets your heart going. Aim for two to three sessions a week. Consider these five tips to achieve the best results.
1 work with a pro
A certified personal trainer or a physical therapist can design a program tailored to your needs and abilities. That way you'll get the results you want without risking muscle strains and ligament tears. Ask your doctor to prescribe physical therapy if you're recovering from injury or struggling with a chronic health problem. If you're in good health, seek out supervised programs, such as those offered at senior centers, the ymca, or a private health club.
2 try weights and bands
You'll likely use weights to build muscle—dumbbells and weight machines—but don't forget resistance bands. These bands—which resemble large flat or tubular rubber bands—provide resistance while you're in a variety of positions, as opposed to the limited amount
Of movements you perform using free weights or weight machines. Weights and bands provide
Resistance to your muscles.
3 get more sleep
When you strengthen your muscles, they need 48 hours to re-knit. You must avoid strength exercises on the same muscles on consecutive days. But sleep is another key to muscle recovery" sleep is critical to allow for proper healing of the tissues when we stress them" says wiater. Adults should aim for seven to eight hours per night. That will give your body time to repair muscle tissue and replenish your muscle's energy stores. Without enough sleep, the muscles may continue to break down without rebuilding.
4 watch your diet
A healthy diet is necessary to give your muscles the building blocks to become stronger. That means you need a combination of protein sources, grain-based carbohydrates, and fruits and vegetables. You may want to work with a dietitian to come up with a baseline of what your body needs to build muscle and keep up energy. A typical range is 130 grams (g) per day of carbohydrates for both men and women, including nine servings (four and a half cups) per day of fruits and vegetables; and 56 g of protein per day for men, 46 g of protein per day for women.
5 use daily activities
You don't have to limit muscle building to workouts. Take advantage of daily activities to challenge your muscles. This may mean that you lift that carton of milk a few times before you put it back in the refrigerator, to build your arm muscles; use the stairs when possible, to build the muscles in your legs, hips, buttocks, and abdomen; and get active while talking on the phone or standing in line by doing leg lifts and heel raises, to strengthen the muscles in your legs and buttocks.
At the time of a surgical procedure, while making an incision a doctor has to take care of a number of factors before making an incision. Considering a number of factors, different types of incisions have come into fore, such as
- Midline Incision: It’s the commonest incision and is done along the linea alba (fibrous structure running through the mid of the abdomen). These are preferred, especially in diagnostic laparotomy as it permits a wide access to the abdomen.
- Pfannenstiel Incision: It is transverse in nature, extending from the umbilicus to the pubic-symphysis. It is generally employed for abdominal hysterectomy of benign nature and caesarean section.
- Chevron Incision: It is an incision under the rib-cage and is done on the abdomen. It starts from beneath the ribs on the right abdomen and extends till the other mid axillary line. Thus, the entire abdominal width is incised for proper reach into the liver. The incision can be up to 2 feet.
- Kustner Incision: It is transverse in nature and extends from the symphysis pubis till the iliac spine (anterior). This type of incision takes time to perform. A Pfannenstiel incision offers more exposure than a Kustner incision.
- Lanz Incision: It is a variation of the more common mcburney-incision (also known as Gridiron’s incision). It is generally used for open appendectomies. There are quite a few variations for this type of an incision.
- Gridiron’s incision: It is done for appendectomies. It is an oblique short incision which is done in the lower right quadrant in the abdomen.
- Kocher’s Incision: It is oblique in nature, extending from the abdominal upper right quadrant and is generally used for performing an open cholecystectomy. Gallbladder, biliary tract and certain liver operations can be suited for a Kocher’s incision. This however is different from the same named incision used for the thyroid gland surgery.
- Cherney Incision: It is transverse in nature. It allows a great range of exposure for the pelvic sidewall. It is less painful than a midline incision. It allows for the greatest pelvic exposure and hence is a widely preferred and practiced incision.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A number of factors, such as physical ailments, stress, anxiety and even relationship problems can cause sexual problems. Relationship concerns where intimacy and the culmination of the various phases of sexual activity from stimulation to excitement and peak, cannot be possible in a satisfactory manner. So what are the routine sexual problems recognised and treated as per Ayurveda? Read on to know more.
1. Erectile Dysfunction: This condition is also known as impotence and it usually occurs when male patients cannot muster up and retain an erection for long enough to enjoy sexual intercourse. This problem can be fixed with various herbs and condiments including Sanda Oil massage on the testicles and nearby areas in order to increase the blood flow. Also, one can have ginger, honey, drumsticks, milk and other such ingredients for better achievement and retention of an erection for a prolonged period of time during sexual intercourse.
Sanda oil is not available in its pure form and simple branding of this name is not useful. Sanda is a wild reptile, which was boiled in ancient times and fats taken out to make Sanda oil. This is not possible now a days. Instead various 'Tilas' (penis massage oils) prepared by valuable herbs and vegetable oils such as Sesame oil should be used. Tila using Mall (purified arsenic) and egg are also effective. Preparation and use should be as per instructions in classic Ayurveda. Tila is selected as per history, present condition and duration of specific problem
OTC or advertisement products are general products, which do not benefit all. Post application directions are also important otherwise there may be adverse effect of Tila application
2. Premature Ejaculation: Premature ejaculation is a condition when the male patient may face ejaculation as soon as the intercourse begins, or upon insertion. This happens in an unplanned way and is a sudden occurrence that usually puts a damper on the sexual mood and activity. In Ayurveda, there are various herbs including Ashwagandha and a variety of oil massages that can help in treating this problem.
3. Sexual Weakness: Sexual weakness is a condition when the female or male patient may not have the energy to go through with sexual intercourse and may even complain of pain during intercourse. This problem is especially common among women, and may be caused due to fatigue, stress or even low pelvic strength following childbirth or miscarriage. The best way to treat this issue is with the help of proper counselling and therapy that will help in introducing Yogic poses that can strengthen the pelvic area so as to have better sexual strength.
4. Infertility: This problem may be found in both men and women. Ashwagandha, Vasant Kusumakar Ras, Shilajit and Labub Kabir are some of the herbs and concoctions that can help in increasing virility and the chances of conception by creating better sperm quality and quantity, as well as more effective ovulation.
Most of the sexual problems in Ayurveda are recognised as factors that arise from stress and anxiety. These are recognised as temporary issues that can be fixed with the help of a proper routine of eating, resting and exercising, as well as a healthy diet where the patient stays away from smoking, excessive drinking as well as drug abuse. Before taking any herbal medicines, one will have to consult the doctor and find out about side effects for patients suffering from chronic ailments like diabetes, cardiovascular diseases and others.
Am 38years married female,height is 5.4, weight is 85kgs, my question is am not getting pregnant, is my weight and age is the problem?
The symptoms caused due to herniated disc can be very severe and can also cause a bit of disability. The disc of the spine is like a cushion and separates the set of bones on the backside. The discs are shock absorbers of the spine and are mainly composed of 2 parts, a soft jelly centre called the nucleus and a tough outer covering called the annulus.
Effects of Herniated Disk
A herniated or cracked disc is a severe condition and it seems to happen most commonly in the lower back. It happens when a fraction of the soft centre gets pushed through the destabilized area due to degeneration, trauma or by putting pressure on the spinal cord.
Nerves are located precisely at the back of every disc and are responsible for controlling everything in our body. While a disc gets herniated, the external covering of the disc tears and creates a bulge. The soft jelly gets shifted from the centre of the disk to the region where the damage has occurred on the disc. Most commonly, the bulge occurs in areas where the nerve is located and it causes strain on the affected nerve. It has been observed that individuals do not feel any painful sensations even if their disc gets damaged.
When is Surgery Recommended for Herniated Disc?
Surgery for herniated disc is recommended only after options like steroid injections, pain relievers, exercise and non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs do not work. If the pain persists even after these options, then it becomes important to go for surgery. There are certain risks involved in this surgery like infection, bleeding or nerve damage.
There are chances that the disc may get ruptured again if it is not removed. If you are a patient suffering from degenerative disc disease, then there are chances that problem occurs in other discs. It is very important that a patient maintains healthy weight to prevent any further complications.
The main factor that increases the risk of herniated disc is excess body weight, which causes a lot of stress on the lower back. A few people become heir to a tendency of developing this condition. Even individuals with physically demanding jobs are prone to this condition.
Activities like bending sideways, pushing, twisting, repetitive lifting can increase the risk of a herniated disk. At times, emergency surgery is also required to avoid paralysis in a patient. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Neurosurgeon.
The Benefits of Papaya
1. Digestion - the enzyme papain present in papaya is known to aid digestion by breaking down proteins. Therefore, a glass of papaya juice is often recommended as a home remedy for digestion-related problems or constipation.
2. Anti-inflammatory - apart from papain, papaya also contains other effective enzymes that help against inflammation and promote healing of burns.
3. Heart disease and cancer - papaya is rich in anti-oxidants and phytonutrients that work against free radicals and therefore is said to protect the body from possible heart diseases and cancer.
4. Diabetes - many researchers have found that the consumption of raw papaya could help maintain blood sugar level and cholesterol because of the high fiber content, thereby keeping a check on diabetes. According to a study done by the centre of excellence for biomedical and biomaterials research at the mauritius university, green tea and fermented papaya work together as preventive means for diabetes. In some parts of india, especially the north east, papaya flowers are locally used as a preventive measure against diabetes. The bitter flowers are lightly sautéed in a little oil and consumed as a side to rice on a regular basis.
5. Immunity - papaya is a great source of vitamin a, b, c, and k and is known as an excellent immunity booster. It is great for the growth of body tissues, including hair and skin. It helps in maintaining collagen, the structural protein of connective tissues. It is said that a medium-sized papaya could provide you double your daily requirement of vitamins.
6. Cleansing - beauty experts too, often suggest using slices of papaya as a natural skin cleanser as the active enzymes work wonders to remove impurities.
7. Arthritis - it is also rich in minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and copper. Regular consumption helps in building up the calcium bank in the body and in the long run could help keep a check on arthritis.
8. Dengue - papaya leaves are commonly used in the treatment of dengue to help boost up the count of platelets. Dr. Anju sood, a bangaluru-based nutritionist says, “dengue is an infection which affects the blood platelets massively. A simple remedy to get back the platelets count is to give the patient a glass of papaya leaf juice. It is prepared by grinding the leaves with a small amount of water to extract the juice.” however, dengue can prove to be fatal once it develops into dengue hemorrhagic fever which shuts down the circulatory system.
9. Weight loss - papaya is low in calories and therefore proves to be the perfect option for breakfast. A serving of 140 grams of the fruit contains only 60 calories, with total fat 0.4 gram, no cholesterol, 15.7 gram carbohydrates and 2.5 gram dietary fiber.potassium magnesium