Find numerous Dermatologists in India from the comfort of your home on Lybrate.com. You will find Dermatologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dermatologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Treatment of Hair Fall
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Greying Hair
Treatment Of Acne Scars
Treatment of Rashes
Treatment of Baldness
Treatment of Vitiligo
Treatment of Ichthyosis Vulgaris
Laser Hair Removal
Treatment of Open Pores
Treatment of Fungal Infection
Treatment of Psoriasis
Treatment of Skin Infections
Treatment of Blackheads
Treatment of Moles
Submit a review for Dr. Umesh B. BilewarYour feedback matters!
My wife suffering from body allergy since nov 16 and is being treated with a Sr skin specialist, but itching still there and unable to control, request for advice.
Hello I am 22 year old. My face is so much oily I have already used so much tonic to reduce oily skin. What should I do for that?
I am 24 year old teenager I suffer from hair fall. I want to know that does washing hair with hot water is the reason for the hairfall? And I shampoo every three days also my diet is according to my body needs and I don't have dandruff. Is it possible that that washing hair with hot water leads to hairfall?
Lybrate | Dr. Harish Kumar speaks on IMPORTANCE OF TREATING ACNE EARLY
Hereditary Angioedema is a rare skin related disorder and as the name suggests it is also a genetically inherited condition. This condition mainly afflicts the throat, abdomen and the limbs of the patient, with a certain kind of swelling. This swelling can become fatal if not treated on time. Here is everything you need to know about the condition and its treatment.
Causes: A rare genetic mutation of the SERPING1 gene can cause this condition. Usually, this gene is known to produce C1 esterase inhibitor, which is a kind of blood protein. This blood protein is an important element of one’s immune system and is usually involved in the biochemical reactions that control the body’s response to inflammation causing elements. This is done when the blood protein produces a hormone known as Bradykinin. If this blood protein does not function in a normal manner, then there is excessive production of this hormone, which leads to swelling and inflammation.
Type one: There are various types of Hereditary Angioedema that can affect various parts of the body. Type one is one of the most common kinds and can be found on the face, hands, abdomen, throat, as well as feet and genitals of the patient. The severity and frequency of attacks cannot really be predicted and the patient may suffer from attacks throughout his or her life. The best way to treat this type of Hereditary Angioedema is with the help of antihistamine drugs and prednisone which can fight allergic attacks.
Type two: This kind of Hereditary Angioedema has the same symptoms as type one and is caused by a malfunction of the C1 inhibitor, rather than the Bradykinin hormone as one can see in type one. This condition can also be treated with anti-allergy drugs.
Type three: This is very rare kind of Hereditary Angioedema. In fact, medical science is yet to find a conclusive body of knowledge that can point to the exact causes and symptoms of this condition. Coagulation is one of the main causes recognised so far. This condition is much more common in women than it is in men, and it usually shows up as facial swelling.
Timely treatment: While there is no cure for this condition, one can prevent a flare up of the symptoms by taking C1 inhibitors and Bradykinin receptors as well as enzyme inhibitors. It is important to get early treatment for the symptoms and to have constant access to a hospital and its emergency unit. One should also keep track of attacks and symptoms and get regular check-ups done by a doctor to detect the earliest signs of the same to avoid fatalities. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am having hair loss problem after taking head bath how to overcome this problem and how can I remove bad smell from mouth?
How we care our hair .is daily shampoo bst for hair. Plzz give me answer in detail how to increase dense in hai.
often had night ejaculation. So I masturbate once a week to avoid night ejaculation. But I saw many pimples on my face. What should I do Should I carry on or stop it. I m still unmarried. I do not smoke drink or else.
I suffered by eczema from more then 3 months. After consulting my doctor no cures I found by his prescribed medicine. Sir/madam please suggest me how I cure this shit itching.
Stitches or sutures act as a closure for either surface wounds or deep wounds. Procedure to close a deep wound comprises of sewing the two edges and applying stitches under the skin surface.
Catagories of sutures
- Non absorbable stitches are applied in case of skin wounds or internal wounds. Such stitches heal quickly and are easy to remove. Non absorbable stitches are made of natural fibers or synthetic threads like nylon polypropylene. As the name suggests, these stitches are either permanent or persist for a long time.
- Absorbable stitches are applied on layers which have the property of healing quickly. They are very firm during the initial days. Then they start getting dissolved in the body.
Precautions taken by medical team before applying stitches to prevent infection
- Careful checking of nose for occurrence of germs before the start of operation.
- Skin must be cleansed prior to surgery.
- Sanitizing hands prior conducting the surgery.
- Usage of germ free gloves and sterile clothes while applying sutures.
- Prescribing antibiotics to the patients who may fear high risk of infections.
Precautions to be taken by patient to prevent infection
- Take a bath prior to surgery.
- Avoid using razor at the surgical site. The same can be carried out by using clippers by the surgery team itself.
- Keep all your jewellery aside before the operation starts. Do not apply nail polish.
- It is advised to cover up the wound. Try to keep the adjacent areas germ free. This is a crucial step in avoiding infection.
- Visit your doctor at once on finding redness around the wound.
When to see your doctor?
Pain up to a certain threshold is normal. In case pain gets unbearable, the scene can be alarming. It may be an indication of infection. Taking immediate remedial steps is necessary to avoid infection or any other side effects post the surgery. On meeting with any of the following signs, it is better to consult doctor at once.
- If the skin around the wound gets swollen.
- If you detect redness around the wound.
- If the pain becomes unbearable.
- If the wound starts developing pus.
- If your body temperature increases abnormally or if you have fever.
- If you observe red streaks around the wound.
- If in case a stitch gets opened up and the edges of the suture start widening. This is the most alarming sign. In case a suture gets opened, you must immediately seek for a remedy.
Ask your doctor for the precautions you can take to avoid experiencing any of the above signs. If unfortunately you come across such alarming symptoms, rush to the nearest hospital and get the appropriate treatment. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Surgeon.