Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Shweta AgarwalYour feedback matters!
I'm male my age is 23 not married I want to become a female it is possible. What is the procedure to change to female how much it costs for that operation explain in detail. If anyone changed from male to female.
I took I pill on sunday ie, 21 within 48 hours and still no bleeding .My period will be on due 9 feb Im I pregnant? Can no bleeding after taking I pill lead to pregnancy? Please help.
My my is on her 23rd week of pregnancy. Last couple of days she is having back pain in the middle of the spine. Is diclofenac gel is safe to use. Any other solutions? Sometimes she got pain in pelvic area also.
I took hepatitis B vaccination and took my 2nd dose on 31st may. But I got pregnant around 15 July. Will vaccination affect my baby in any way? (I am not hbsag positive. I took vaccine only for its future protection) If yes, what to do now? And whether I can take 3rd pending vaccine dose?
The abnormal growth of the endometrium tissue outside the uterus is known as endometriosis. Ideally, the abnormal tissue is supposed to break down and exit the body. However, in this condition, the tissue is unable to pass out of the body. As a result, the surrounding tissue tends to get irritated and leads to the formation of scar tissues.
The various causes of endometriosis include:
- Immune system disorder: Complications in the immune system might render it incapable of destroying the endometrial tissue that grows outside the uterus.
- Surgical scar implantation: Certain surgeries such as a C-section may result in the attachment of endometrial cells to the incision area.
- Embryonic cell transport: These cells may be transported to other parts of the body by the blood vessels which may lead to endometriosis.
- Retrograde menstruation: Instead of passing out of the body, under this condition, the blood flows back into the pelvic region via the fallopian tubes. When these cells attach themselves to the pelvic cavity, it causes endometriosis.
1. Pain during sexual intercourse
2. Pain during periods including pelvic pain, especially during periods, lower back pain and abdominal pain.
3. Excessive bleeding during periods
The major complication that results is fertility problems. Endometriosis may prevent the combination of the egg and the sperm and thus, impairs your ability to conceive. It is recommended not to delay pregnancy if you have endometriosis. This disorder also tends to increase the risk of ovarian cancer in some women.
How can it be treated?
Endometriosis is usually done using surgery or medications.
- Medication: It usually involves painkillers.
- Hormone therapy: Some of the hormonal therapies include:
- Hormonal contraceptives
- Progestin therapy
- Gonadotropin-releasing hormone (Gn-RH) agonists and antagonists
- Conservative surgery: If a patient wants to become pregnant, surgery is done as much as possible without harming the uterus and ovaries. Suggested procedures include laparoscopy and traditional abdominal surgery.
- Assisted reproductive technologies: An example of this form of treatment is In Vitro Fertilization.
- Hysterectomy: Under severe circumstances, total hysterectomy is conducted in order to facilitate the removal of cervix and uterus. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.