Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sheji A. SonawaneYour feedback matters!
I have a 6 year old son and day by day he is so aggressive and he don't do his study with patience what should I do?
My 3 years old son has dry cough for more than two months. It becomes better and worse but never gets cured. He has been on antibiotics 3rice but now I have given up. Chest is clear on auscultation. No fever. Appetite is reduced. Please advice .thanks in advance.
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
7-8 kg at 9 months is good weight at this age. It is not necessary to add powdered badam etc. The tiny particles of badam can cause problems. Wait till the child at least one year old.
Hi My son is 2 months and 10 days old. We are using Dexolac formula milk due to lack of low supply breast milk. He is passing stool in green color and he is struggling hard while passing the stool. Can i switch to another formula milk. What is nan pro 1 with probiotics? can i use this to my baby
My 10 year old son has heavy gas problem, in night and early morning and night he has gas release with loud voice and long duration, what can be done to control gas formation. Thanx.
My daughter is 3 years. She does not eat properly. Her weight is 12.5 kg. I am worried she will suffer from vitamin deficiency. Can I give her multivitamin syrup. Now she is having cold and cough since3days. Should I give her multivitamin along with cough and cold medicine. Our pediatrician has prescribed iron supplement. But whenever I give it to her she suffers from loose motion on the next day. What is the correct way to give iron supplement so that she does not suffer from acidity and loose motions.
1. Avoid eating cold foods: According to Dr. Pradip shah, consultant physician, fortis hospital, mulund, a common cold and cough triggered by cold food items like ice-cream and cold drinks is a common complain of people visiting local health clinics. Although there is no scientific evidence as to how cold food items trigger and worsen coughs, patients are normally advised to avoid them altogether until they recover completely. One sensible explanation for this would be that cold beverages and foods cause a drying out of the respiratory lining making it susceptible to infections and triggering coughing due to irritation.
2. Avoid overeating at night: Having a heavy dinner at night or overeating can be a cough trigger for people suffering from gastroesophageal reflux disease (gerd). People with gerd may have poor coordination between contraction and relaxation of the sphincter muscle that prevents reflux of food to the esophagus. As a result, the stomach acid can flow back to the food pipe, causing irritation of the lining to trigger cough. So, it’s better to have an early dinner and maintain a gap of at least 2 hours between dinner and sleeping time.
3. Avoid sleeping flat on the back: Sleeping posture plays an important role in triggering coughing at night, especially if you have a productive cough. All the mucus and phlegm that gets collected throughout the day, flows up to irritate the throat when you lie down on your back. Instead, sleeping in an inclined posture, or sleeping on the sides will keep the phlegm settled and avoid bouts of coughing at night.
4. Avoid eating fried foods: Fried foods are oily in nature and oil is a well-known cough trigger. Deep-frying foods in hot oil generates a compound called acrolein, which acts as an allergen that aggravates coughing and causes throat itching. So, it’s best to avoid oily, fried foods while you have a cough.
5. Avoid smoking: Smoking is one of the causes of a cough due to bronchitis. Not only does it irritate the throat lining, but it also delays recovery and increases your risk of cancer. If you don't smoke, remember second-hand smoke is equally dangerous.
6. Avoid caffeinated beverages: Caffeine should be avoided by those who cough due to acidity and gerd. While it may provide temporary relief from a coughing bout, it actually causes the esophageal sphincter to become loose, allowing more acid to get flushed into the esophagus.
7. Avoid over-exertion: Nobody takes an off from work because of a cough, but that doesn’t mean you should exert yourself by overworking. Coughing is an indication that something is wrong with your body, so make it a point to get adequate rest to give your immune system enough time to recover.