Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. ShantiYour feedback matters!
My wife age is 25, she suffered with pph after a normal delivery. Its our first baby. Is there any chance that- It might happen again in our next chance. It was one month ago & She was about to die. I wants to know- what precautions- we should take further. I have heard about test tube baby, Is this method success-full, As i am afraid for taking chance of another baby.
I am 22 years old unmarried girl. I have been using vofl mayo tablet for poly cyst as I was suffering from irregular /absent periods. Am unable to sleep at night and I feel like numbness in my mouth tongue body and I feel discomfort in my stomach & I feel very weak. Even when I lay on bed I feel giddy not at all getting sleep I will try to sleep from 11 but I wont get sleep at last I fell sleep at morning 5 and wake up at 8. May I know what problem it may be I am really worried.
Hi I am a 33 year old I am diagnosed with diabetes two years ago and since then I am facing a strange issue with my vagina. There is thick layer of something tht stays on my vagina and as n. When I clean it it starts to itch very bad n then leaves my vagina super dry. I dont why it is happening but it is extremly uncomfortable pls suggest.
Hi, I'm 26 years old. I want to be pregnant. But there are some issues. I don't know which. but my test reports are fine and my husband reports are also fine.
Look after your hair this Holi in these 3 effective ways
Holi is the ever exuberant festival of colors where everyone indulges in fun and frolic. Traditionally played with natural colors derived from flowers, Holi is now celebrated with harmful, toxic and inorganic colors that can really leave you with ruined hair and skin post celebration. These colors comprise of dyes, chemicals, glass powder and metals such as mica - all of which have extremely harmful effects on your skin and hair.
The colors used during Holi can cause your hair to become dull and brittle and may even induce a condition known as acute irritant contact dermatitis, which causes redness, irritation and burning of the scalp area.
Follow these tips to take care of your hair and scalp as you enjoy the festival.
1.Oil your hair
Apply oil to your hair about an hour before you play Holi to maximize the penetration of the oil into the scalp. Oil prevents the color from settling down into your hair, thus, making it easier to remove later on. It also acts as a shield by providing protection from chemicals and dirt, and can help in preventing your hair from becoming dry and frizzy due to prolonged exposure to colors and the sun.
2.Cover your tresses
Tie your hair up in a bun or ponytail to minimize its contact with harmful colors. If possible, cover your hair with a scarf or shower cap to protect it from the damage.
3.Wash your hair the right way
Thoroughly rinse your hair with plain water to get rid of dirt, dry colors, chemicals and the mica particles contained in it. After that, apply a mild shampoo on your hair, gently massaging your hair and scalp and leave it in for about 10 minutes. This will help in extracting and dissolving all the dust and colors stuck to your hair and scalp. Rinse out the shampoo and apply a rich conditioner to replenish the oil and moisture that have been stripped away by the chemicals. If your hair is still dry and lifeless, oil it overnight after Holi, as well. Applying hair masks is also a good idea to help your mane regain its former glory.
My gf period is on 28th oct and I had sex with her on 18th nov then small amount of sperm is fall on her vagina tell me is there chance of pregnancy if chance of pregnancy please tell me the pills name I will take them in medical shop to avoid pregnancy please.
My wife is 1 & half month pregnant last 3 days while urinating she is getting liquid discharge often is this normal she doesn't know the quality please advise.
If my wife is pregnant from 3 week and I do not want child at this time what to do? Any medicine which help.
I am just married. My hubby wants sex. He tried for anal sex also. I felt pain when he penetrates in my anus. I want to know the fact with anal sex.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend but after sex she took unwanted72 within 2hours. We knew that bleeding will start after 7 days of taking the pill, but today is 8th day and bleeding is not started yet. Please help she do not want to get pregnant.
People who have diabetes know the disease can harm the eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart and other important systems in the body. Did you know diabetes can also cause problems in your mouth?
People with diabetes are at special risk for periodontal (gum) disease, an infection of the gum and bone that hold the teeth in place. Periodontal disease can lead to painful chewing difficulties and even tooth loss. Dry mouth, often a symptom of undetected diabetes, can cause soreness, ulcers, infections, and tooth decay. Smoking makes these problems worse.
Q. What can I do?
1. Good blood glucose control - people with poor blood glucose control get gum disease more often and more severely than people whose diabetes is well controlled.
2. Daily brushing and flossing
3. Regular dental checkup
Q. What happens if I have plaque?
Plaque that is not removed hardens over time into tartar and collects above your gum line. Tartar makes it more difficult to brush and clean between your teeth. Your gums become red and swollen, and bleed easily—signs of unhealthy or inflamed gums, called gingivitis.
When gingivitis is not treated, it can advance to gum disease called periodontitis. In periodontitis, the gums pull away from the teeth and form spaces, called pockets, which slowly become infected. This infection can last a long time. Your body fights the bacteria as the plaque spreads and grows below the gum line. Both the bacteria and your body’s response to this infection start to break down the bone and the tissue that hold the teeth in place. If periodontitis is not treated, the gums, bones, and tissue that support the teeth are destroyed. Teeth may become loose and might need to be removed.
Q. How will I know if I have mouth problems from diabetes?
Meet your dentist.
Some of the first signs of gum disease are swollen, tender, or bleeding
You may need to postpone any nonemergency dental work if your blood glucose is not under control.
Q. How does smoking affect my mouth?
Smoking raises your chances of getting gum disease, oral and throat cancers, and oral fungal infections. Smoking also discolors your teeth and makes your breath smell bad.
Q. How can I keep my mouth healthy?
Follow these steps:
1. Keep your blood glucose numbers as close to your target as possible.
2. Eat healthy meals and follow the meal plan that you and your doctor or dietitian have worked out.
3. Brush your teeth at least twice a day with fluoride toothpaste. Fluoride protects against tooth decay. Aim for brushing first thing in the morning, before going to bed, and after each meal and sugary or starchy snack.
4. Use a soft toothbrush. Gently brush your teeth with the toothbrush angled towards the gum line. Use small, circular motions. Brush the front, back, and top of each tooth. Brush your tongue, too.
5. Change your toothbrush every 3 months or sooner if the toothbrush looks worn or the bristles spread out. A new toothbrush removes more plaque.
6. Use fluoride mouth rinse to prevent tooth decay.
7. Use dental floss to clean between your teeth at least once a day. Flossing helps prevent plaque from building up on your teeth.
8. Use a dental pick or brush—thin tools designed to clean between the teeth.
9. See your dentist twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.
Your dentist may suggest more visits if you need them.Follow your dentist’s advice. If your dentist tells you about a problem, take care of it.
I am 36 yrs old female, very energetic and everything I do but I am not at all sex oriented, or never sexually aroused. Me married and have 6 yrs old kid.
Sleep deprivation can lead to mood swings, along with decreased levels of concentration; and a person lacking sleep may easily feel annoyed or irritated. Apart from affecting your memory, health and looks, sleep deprivation can lead to decreased sex function as well. People who have trouble sleeping have a difficult time coping with their relationships as with almost all aspects of their lives.
The following are some of the ways chronic sleep disorders may affect your sex life:
1) Reduced energy levels - Lack of sleep can lead to reduced levels of energy and fatigue. Depletion of energy, in turn, can lead to perpetual tiredness, which may ultimately cause a person to have lower libido and interest in sexual intercourse. Some men suffer from sleep apnea, which is a respiratory problem that interrupts sleep. A 2002 study showed that sleep apnea causes lower levels of testosterone in men.
2) Mood swings - Sleep disorders often lead to perpetual mood swings. It can make a person grumpy and quarrelsome. If you're sleep deprived, you may get very agitated even by minor stress. This can hurt interaction between you and your partner, leading to a disruptive relationship in the bedroom.
3) Decreased social activity - Lack of sleep may decrease your likelihood of engaging in social interactions. People with sleep disorders usually avoid social engagements, as they believe it may disrupt their sleep patterns. They rearrange their sleeping patterns by avoiding social interactions, which leaves them with lesser opportunities to meet with people of the opposite sex, thereby affecting their sex lives.
4) Anxiety - Increased levels of anxiety and stress attributed to lack of sleep can lead to loss of sexual function and even sexual disorders at times. Lack of sleep generally decreases your experience of positive emotions, which may lead to pessimism and subsequently lack of sexual interest. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a sexologist.
I m getting brownish mucus discharge while going toilet. My LMP was 5th may. Doctor had given 12th feb but till yet didn't got any pains what shall I do?
I have crossed 50 when I was 27 I could have sex 3 times a day but now it is once in a fortnight. Please suggest some medicine without any side effects.
Sexual Aversion Disorder
Persistent or recurrent extreme aversion to, And avoidance of, all(or almost all) genital sexual contact with a sexual partner.
Sexual aversion is severe irrational fear to sexual activity which leads to avoidance of sexual situations. It affects males as well as female.
The disturbance causes marked distress or and interpersonal when confronted by a sexual opportunity with a partner. The aversion to genital contact may be focused on a particular aspect of sexual experience (e. g. genital secretion).some individuals experience generalized aversion to all sexual stimuli including undressing, touching and kissing. The intensity of reaction may range from moderate anxiety to extreme psychological distress. Some individuals may experience profound sweating, panic attacks, feeling of terror, faintness , nausea, diarrhea, palpitation, dizziness and breathing difficulties. There may be markedly impaired interpersonal relations and marital dissatisfaction. The individual may avoid sexual situations by covert strategies like going to sleep early, using substances or being over involved in work.
1. Severely negative parental sex attitudes
2. History of sexual trauma
3. Gender identity confusion
The goal of the treatment is to reduce the fear and avoidance of sex by the individual. Systematic desensitization: all the anxiety-provoking stimuli are arranged in an ascending level sand the individuals is exposed to, one by one, from the least anxiety-provoking stimulus to the most anxiety-provoking stimulus. Initially, the individual is gradually exposed to imagination under relaxation and then to the actual sexual situation that generates anxiety.
Marital therapy is used for correction of relational problems.