Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Physiotherapists in India. You will find Physiotherapists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Physiotherapists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Shailendra Kumar
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Neuro Physiotherapy Treatment
Treatment of Knee Injury
Pregnancy Exercise Therapy
Treatment of Sports Injuries
Treatment of Splinting
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Heat Therapy Treatment
Post Pregnancy Classes
Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Treatment of Shin Splints
Submit a review for Dr. Shailendra KumarYour feedback matters!
My both knees are paining continuously, I have done xray, doctor told me to avoid steps climb, continuous sitting and do exercise along with some tablets, iam using these tablets from 5 days, till date no relax for me from the pain, can you please guide me weather I need to go for some other test procedures and wht kind of precautions I need to take in order to avoid the pain, pain is not so sever, medium but continuous.
Tennis elbow is a condition which is characterized by a sharp pain on the outer portion of the elbow. This condition is also called ‘lateral epicondylitis’ and it occurs when the muscles of the elbow are overused. The symptoms of pain tend to occur near the forearm when you bend your elbow or try to grip an object.
The elbow joint comprises of muscles which facilitate movement of the wrist, elbows and the fingers. There are tendons present in the elbow which join the muscles and bones, thus regulating the forearm muscles. When the muscles of the elbow are overused, then it can lead to inflammation and tears in the muscles.
This condition is so called as it is usually caused by playing certain sports, primarily tennis. It may also be caused by activities that put repetitive stress on the elbow. If the same pain occurs around the inner portion of the elbow, it is called a ‘golfer’s elbow’.
The best treatment method to prevent tennis elbow is to strengthen your elbow muscles. You need to follow a regulated strength and stretching program directed at strengthening the muscles of the body, including the elbows.
Here are some tips to prevent tennis elbow:
- Try to stay in good shape physically.
- Use proper technique when you are carrying out any activity that involves the elbow.
- Avoid overstressing the elbow joint with repetitive movements as it can cause injury to the tendon.
- The muscles of the shoulder, arm and the upper back should be strengthened to prevent tennis elbow.
- For movements that require you to twist your arm or grasp things, you can use a counter force brace to protect your elbow. This brace is worn on the forearm which redistributes pressure on the muscle. A counter force brace is recommended for people who are at an increased risk of tennis elbow. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.
I got ankle twist and it's swelling what to do? I dnt want to have fracture it's paining while walking.
My mother is suffering from severe joint pain. Whole body is affected with that. She is unable to work. By consulting doctor se had taken homeopathic and ayurvedic medicine. But zero result. She is affected from arthritis nearly 4 years. Please suggest what to do ?
I got muscular pain below knee while running. Particularly when regular. But not while I run after rest of a day or more. What it's reason and how it will be prevented.
One year ago I went to gym there I picked heavy weight that's why I have back pain what should I do.
Back pain has become an unavoidable discomfort for some people. But the good news is that you can easily control back pain if you are aware of what is causing it and the ways to reduce the same. You can damage your back through several ways but there are three most common causes of a backache among most of the individuals.
Most of us, experience back pain due to incorrect posture or longer duration of sitting.
Sometimes you may experience back pain because of exertion - you spent the entire day doing the same kind of job or maybe you bent in a wrong manner while picking up your child. However, the actual cause of your spinal agony may not be very clear, but it pays to be aware of the possible reasons that can cause backache. It is good to consult a doctor if your back pain is consistent and recurrent.
Here are few of the causes:
- Facet joint arthropathy: This is caused due to the damage of the facet joints which help in keeping the spinal cord in place. Unhealthy posture is often considered to be a cause of spine and back problems causing terrible pain. This might be due to arthritis that occurs in people. Furthermore, the sedentary lifestyle compels the people in the corporate sectors to sit before the laptop or computer for several hours at a stretch. This proves to be devastating for the spine. At times, such problems resemble a herniated disc quite closely. Thus, it is recommended to get yourself checked by a medical practitioner to properly diagnose the condition so that correct treatment can be provided to you.
- Sacroiliac joint arthropathy: The sacroiliac joint is present in the lower back part of the body. Continuous standing or sitting in the wrong posture gives you pain in the lower back. This pain, if not catered to immediately might spread to the upper parts of the body merging into a proper back and lower back pain. At times the straining of the back can make an individual suffer from mild to severe back pain which may disable him. Injuries caused to the muscles, ligaments and tendons supporting the spine, present in the lower back can also cause back pain. The common symptoms of such pain include muscle stiffness, joints getting locked, limping and weakness in the body movements.
- Piriformis syndrome: This is caused due to the compression of the sciatic nerves present in the lower back part of the body. This is basically regarded as a neuromuscular disorder and various medical researchers have various views about this syndrome. It is caused when the piriformis muscles are in compression by the hips. It generally affects one hip at a time, but in some cases, it might affect both of them together.
Thus, these are the three common causes of having a back pain. If you experience any such pain as described above, do not let it continue for a long time but consult your medical practitioner at the earliest. "
Few precautions that can be taken for a hurting back. Despite the causes, there are certain precautions that you can take, which are:
- Avoid sitting in a bad posture, that is, keep your back straight as much as you can. Pull and stretch your body in continual intervals to keep it relaxed.
- Consult the right physician instead of doing exercise that can aggravate your pain.
- Take a break from work and go for short walks, every couple of hours.