Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. SanjanaYour feedback matters!
A small lump in rt. Breast of my sister (fibroderma) light pain on it. After biopsy doctor says invasive ductal carcinoma pl. Tell me what is the treatment procedure &how much money require.
I am 31 years unmarried girl. I have listened that having baby after 30 years can be risky for body and baby too. Should I go for harmonal checkup?
Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency or EPI is also known as pancreatic deficiency, a disorder where the pancreas is unable to produce sufficient amount of enzymes that are required to digest food. The pancreatic enzymes help to break down and absorb nutrients from the food in the small intestine. So, this disease causes nutritional deficiencies.
Causes of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency :
This condition is generally caused as a complication of other diseases because EPI develops only as a result of severe damage to the pancreas. The following reasons can cause EPI:
- Inflammation of the pancreas: After surgery in the pancreas, stomach or the intestines, there may be inflammation in the pancreas as a post-surgical complication. A high content of triglyceride fat in the blood can also cause pancreatic inflammation and hinder the secretion of the enzymes.
- Chronic Pancreatitis: In this disease, the pancreatic ducts are swollen and blocked and so the digestive enzymes cannot be passed into the small intestine. This condition is often caused by a heavy consumption of alcohol.
- Cystic Fibrosis: The digestive fluids and enzymes become thick and sticky and block the passageways of the pancreas and other organs like the lungs and the kidneys. This can obstruct secretion and passage of enzymes afterwards.
- Shwachman-Bodian-Diamond syndrome or SBDS: SBDS is an autosomal recessive genetic condition where enzyme producing pancreatic cells is not formed properly. This rare disorder causes a number of associated disorders like bone marrow diseases, skeletal defects and exocrine pancreatic insufficiency.
Symptoms of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency:
Symptoms of EPI often appear in the middle stages of the disease when the process of absorption of nutrients has already been affected. The common warning signs are:
- Digestive problems like gas, diarrhea and indigestion because the food remains mostly undigested.
- Severe and frequent stomach pain in the lower abdominal region
- Greasy stools due to the excretion of undigested fat
- Rapid loss of weight and body mass due to malabsorption of nutrients
- Constantly feeling bloated and full even if you have not eaten anything
- A general sense of fatigue and exhaustion
- Excessive bleeding from small wounds because protein deficiencies hamper blood clotting
- Pain in the muscles and bones
- Increased susceptibility to infections of the body system
- Joint pains
- Abnormal swelling of the limbs or edema
Hii. I'm 30 year old married women. I have pcod. So doctor suggested me normal tablet. I started taking 3rd of my period. I'm confused now (1st cycle of tablet) do I need to take till I get nxt period or can stop in between. I took it for 23 days and stopped. My expected period is 12 th of this month but till date I didn't get. My last period was on 14th April. We are planning for pregnancy. Please suggest me.
My wife is of 25 years and I am of 26 we have married before 2 years back but from past 7 months after normal delivery of baby she lost interest in sex totally please help and suggest some medicines for her we dont have any past medical history?
Hello doctor. I'm n my 48th day of my cycle I took home pregnancy test on 38th day nd today still its negative so I went to doctor she told me to take blood test I gave blood sample today nd I'm so upset nd tensed Wil the results be positive or negative?
Hi my wife blessed by a beautiful daughter on 14 July 2016 and it now 7 months but yesterday we have sex without any protection now tell me what I will do can she have use I pill tablet or anything else.
My wife have undergone surgery of her right arm. Doctor have wraped the wounds with cotton band for six weeks. I have heard that operated wounds are not needed to be wraped for six weeks. Please clarify.
In English medicines for pcod how much months took already I no improvement for ayurvedic only I ate medicines periods problems came again so how much months want for cure in English medicines please tell me.
My cousin sister is 8 weeks 2 days pregnant. In a vaginal ultrasound there is no cardiac activity. One week before a vaginal ultrasound has done growth was good, cardiac activity was recorded. But now as I mentioned above after a week in a vaginal ultrasound there no cardiac activity and size is same as last week doctor said.
My d3 level is 24.46 nmol/L. It is considered deficient. Have been prescribed arachitol 6 lakh twice a week. Six such injections are to be taken during a period of 17 days. Is it ok to take such high frequency of d3?
Meri syster ko left overy cyst hai age 21 years unmarried hai Keya surgery karana zaruri hai? Surgery me ovrary safe rahega? Plse reply.
Endometriosis is a condition where the endometrial tissue lining the womb, grows outside the urethral lining. This can cause severe pelvic pain and a host of other complications, if it is not treated on time.
Here is everything you need to know about this ailment:
Symptoms: Owing to the location of this tissue and its painful protrusion through the lining or walls of the womb, one of the earliest and most painful symptoms experienced may include severe cramps and pain during the menstrual cycle. Also, the patient will experience pain in the lower abdomen region about a week before the onset of the cycle. Heavy bleeding as well as infertility may be experienced in such cases too. Sexual intercourse will also give rise to pain in the region, while discomfort will be felt during the bowel movements. Pain in the lower back will also be experienced throughout the menstruation period.
Stages: There are several stages of this disease and its progression, each of which will require a different form of treatment. These four stages usually depend on the location, size, depth and number of the endometrial implants within the body of the patient.
- Minimal Stages: In this stage, usually there will be small wounds and lesions as well as shallow implants on the ovaries. Inflammation in the pelvic cavity can also be felt in this stage.
- Mild Stage: In this stage, there will also be light lesions and shallow implants which will spread over the ovaries as well as the pelvic lining.
- Moderate Stage: In this stage, the implants will dig deeper into the ovaries and the pelvic lining, which will result in the growth of even more lesions.
- Severe Stage: As the name suggests, in this stage the patient will experience deep implants along with lesions in the bowels and the fallopian tubes.
Treatment: There are varied forms of this treatment including pain relief medication for minimal to mild stage patients. Also, hormonal therapy with the help of supplements may be prescribed. Hormonal contraceptives may also be used. In such cases, medication like Danazol, Medroxyprogesterone, Gonadotripin releasing hormone agonists, and other such elements may be prescribed. Conservative surgery and radical surgery may follow, depending on the severity of the condition. Laparoscopy is the preferred form of treatment in such cases.
A hysterectomy can be conducted as a final resort where the surgeon will remove the cervix as well as the uterus of the patient. This will make pregnancy impossible for the patient, thereafter. To stem estrogen production, the ovaries will also be removed.
One must discuss all risks and complications before going in for a certain form of treatment for this ailment.
My wife body on normal times also is so hot that even if she holds my hands or arms it feels like an hot iron has touched me, it's so hot that I can stand her touch for even 30 seconds as if my body will burn. She doesn't have temperature but still her body is usually extremely warm/ hot. Please suggest.
Do you lack confidence due to facial pigmentation, I am here to help you.
What is facial pigmentation?
Facial pigmentation refers to the darkening of facial skin dueto overproduction of pigment melanin. Medically, this is known as melasma.
In melasma, patches of pigmentation appear on the face, predominantly over the cheeks, nose, forehead and upper lip. The pigmentation varies from yellowish, brownish, bluish to blackish in colour. Chloasma is another term for facial pigmentation in women during pregnancy.
Freckles or tiny dark spots appear on the face in certain cases from repeated sun exposure. Freckles are more likely in persons with fair skin.
Why do we get facialpigmentation?
The root cause of facial pigmentation is excess melanin production. Facial pigmentation is very common in women, but may also arise in men.
The causal factors are many, the major among them being hormonal changes in women during pregnancy, after childbirth, during menopause, from intake of contraceptive pills, from hormone replacement therapy and hypothyroidism.
Other factors that trigger facial pigmentation are stress, loss of sleep and sunexposure. Heredity also plays an important role in predisposing a person to facial pigmentation. Acne may also lead to scarring and facial pigmentation.
Factors affecting facial pigmentation:
Do you find it too hard to figure out what to wear? Does taking some important decision leave you feeling paralyzed? These indicate that you suffer from compulsive indecisiveness. Struggling with this problem leaves you stuck in one place and causes you distress. Fear of taking the wrong decision is the primary reason, which makes people indecisive. It is also likely for you to bother too much about what other people think of you.
Here are five important steps, which you should take for overcoming compulsive indecisiveness:
- Forget your fear: Fear of something often causes indecisiveness. You need to figure out and write down your fears and what you would do if these occur. If you are indecisive about a job change or whether the new job will be paying you less, you should analyze how the reduced income will affect your life and how you can deal with it.
- Tune into your emotions: Maximum people who suffer from compulsive indecisiveness and struggle at making major decisions tend to over analyze situations a bit too much. In some cases, you cannot create an easy perception or a suitable side for a situation in spite of stressing over it from various angles. The situation will remain the same, no matter how much you think. Write down your options, think about them, rate them, and choose the top rated option.
- Practice on small things: For improving upon your indecisiveness, you should start practicing by taking small decisions every day. Aim at taking 10 major decisions everyday such as where to go for lunch, which route to take to work and more. Slowly, practice taking decisions quickly instead of pondering over a situation. Try to make instant decisions in various spheres of life.
- Learn to trust yourself: You need to list all your strengths. Write down whether you think if you are smart, creative or funny. Ask yourself whether you can infuse your strengths into your process of decision making. Try to test your strengths in all kinds of matters. Once you are sure of your strengths, you will be able to achieve your goals without hesitation.
- Pick one thing at a time: You should pick things and matters one at a time to focus on. If there are several things which bother you and add to your indecisiveness, try to handle them one by one. This way you will be able to give all your focus to one matter, and overcome your fears related to it. After that, move on to another fear.
It is important for you to let go and refrain yourself from analyzing whether a decision which you had taken is right or wrong. Instead, focus on activities which matter to you and do not ponder over old decisions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychiatrist.