Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preeti Babre
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti BabreYour feedback matters!
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) are infections that you can get from having sex with someone who already has the infection. The causes of STDs are bacteria, parasites, and viruses.
Some common STDs are:
Some STDs have visible symptoms such as:
- Painful intercourse: Pain during intercourse is one of the most overlooked symptoms of a sexually transmitted disease. While a little pain may be normal, any sudden increase in pain or new type of pain should not be ignored. This should be kept in mind especially when having intercourse with a new partner or if there is a change in sexual habits. When it comes to men's sexual health, pain at the time of ejaculation can be a symptom of an STD.
- Skin rash: A rash in the genital area is most often a sign of STDs. This can be in the form of bumps, sores or warts. It may or may not be accompanied by itchiness. A rash caused by an STD usually results in redness and inflammation. Herpes sores may subside within a week or so but just because the rash is gone does not mean the infection has been treated. Hence even if the rash disappears before your doctor's visit, ensure you mention it.
Best preventive measures for preventing STDs:
- Don't drink Alcohol or use drugs before having sex: It's impossible to make responsible choices about your sex life under the influence of drugs or alcohol. When you are under the influence of any one of them, you are not in your mind and are likelier to choose a partner you wouldn't have picked otherwise. In that case, you may be at a higher risk of contracting an STD. Also, if you are on birth control pills and you vomit, the pills could lose some effectiveness.
- Using latex condoms: Latex condoms need to be used during sex every time, and these condoms are the safest of all condom varieties available in the market. Both pregnancy and STDs can be easily and efficiently prevented by means of these condoms, and this is the reason everybody is using the same. But you should have the knowledge of correct usage of these condoms.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am 26 years old I have taking a mifegest kit last 6 days before. I have continually cramps & bleeding at 6th days. How maney day it can happen.
I am suffering from thyroid, pcos,ovarian cyst. Feeling very low. Ache in lower abdomen. Haemoglobin is also 10 not feeling good. Feeling very week. With vomiting sensation. Last week I get my pp sugar is 170 .i want to know ki ab m kisey dikhau. Body pain bhi h.
MY PROBLEM IS while i go sleeping at night then at the sleeping period i weak up and sit but i sleep by sitting whole night and all the day i have feeling sleepy and my drowsiness . At the time of the job some time i sleeping . What i do pls advise
Hi I am 33 year old female I want to know that which is the safe time for sex without any percussion. If we r sex together without any percussion after one day of my monthly date that is safe or not please reply my question with full detail I want the right time for sex with out any percussions.
Actually I'm having PCOD problem, from long ago I started using homeopathy medicine now my periods r regular. I involved in sex with my hubby and I took ipill. I missed my period date (28th is my date) from last 2 days onwards I'm eating papaya to get the periods but no use. Actually I'm having occasion on 4th please tel me the remedies to get the period with in this 2 days itself. Plz suggest me.
Once or twice in every two month my girlfriend release white blood before or after mensuration, how bad is it. What should be done to stop it.
I am 23 years old. And I did unprotected sex on 15th october 2017 and I want to know whether I am pregnant or not. My due period date is 12th of november can I use the pregnancy kit to detect my pregnancy before my periods or should I use it if I miss my due period. Also I want to ask whether can I get the urine test done in lab and what is the suitable time to get it done in lab, can I get it done before a week of my due period date, will it show accurate results?
Natural Ways to Increase Your Testotorone
1. Lose Weight If you're overweight, shedding the excess pounds may increase your testosterone level. Overweight men are more likely to have low testosterone levels to begin with. If you are serious about losing weight, you have got to strictly limit the amount of processed sugar in your diet, as evidence is mounting that excess sugar, and fructose in particular, is the primary driving factor in the obesity epidemic. So cutting soda from your diet is essential, as is limiting fructose found in processed foods, fruit juice, excessive fruit and so-called "healthy" sweeteners. Ideally you should keep your total fructose consumption below 25 grams per day and this includes fruits. This is especially true if you have insulin resistance and are overweight, have high blood pressure, diabetes or high cholesterol.In addition to eliminating or severely limiting fructose, it will be vital to eliminate all grains and milk in your diet. Milk has a sugar called lactose, which has been shown to increase insulin resistance so it will be wise to avoid it if you are seeking to lose weight.Refined carbohydrates like breakfast cereals, bagels, waffles, pretzels, and most other processed foods also quickly break down to sugar, increase your insulin levels, and cause insulin resistance, which is the number one underlying factor of nearly every chronic disease and condition known to man, including weight gain.As you cut these dietary troublemakers from your meals, you need to replace them with healthy substitutes like vegetables and healthy fats. Your body prefers the carbohydrates in micronutrient-dense vegetables rather than grains and sugars because it slows the conversion to simple sugars like glucose, and decreases your insulin level. When you cut grains and sugar from your meals, you typically will need to radically increase the amount of vegetables you eat, as well as make sure you are also consuming protein and healthy fats regularly.The foods you choose to eat will be the driving force behind successfully achieving your weight loss goals -- high-intensity, short-burst-type exercises, two to three times per week, combined with a comprehensive fitness plan, is important too, and has an additional benefit as well
2. Both intermittent fasting and short intense exercise have been shown to boost testosterone.Short intense exercise has a proven positive effect on increasing testosterone levels and preventing its decline. Intermittent fasting boosts testosterone by increasing the expression of satiety hormones including insulin, leptin, adiponectin, glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), colecystokinin (CKK) and melanocortins, all of which are known to potentiate healthy testosterone actions, increase libido and prevent age-related testosterone decline.Having a whey protein meal after exercise can further enhance the satiety/testosterone-boosting.
.3. Consume Plenty of Zinc the mineral zinc is important for testosterone production, and supplementing your diet for as little as six weeks has been shown to cause a marked improvement in testosterone among men with low levels. Likewise, research has shown that restricting dietary sources of zinc leads to a significant decrease in testosterone, while zinc supplementation increases itmand even protects men from exercised-induced reductions in testosterone levels. It's estimated that up to 45 percent of adults over the age of 60 may have lower than recommended zinc intakes. Your diet is the best source of zinc; along with protein-rich foods like meats and fish, other good dietary sources of zinc include raw milk, raw cheese, beans, and yogurt or kefir made from raw milk. It can be difficult to obtain enough dietary zinc if you're a vegetarian, and also for meat-eaters as well, largely because of conventional farming methods that rely heavily on chemical fertilizers and pesticides. Taking too much zinc can interfere with your body's ability to absorb other minerals, especially copper, and may cause nausea as a side effect.
4. Strength TrainingIn addition to Peak Fitness, strength training is also known to boost testosterone levels, provided you are doing so intensely enough. When strength training to boost testosterone, you'll want to increase the weight and lower your number of reps, and then focus on exercises that work a large number of muscles, such as dead lifts or squats.
5. Optimize Your Vitamin D LevelsVitamin D, a steroid hormone, is essential for the healthy development of the nucleus of the sperm cell, and helps maintain semen quality and sperm count. Vitamin D also increases levels of testosterone, which may boost libido. In one study, overweight men who were given vitamin D supplements had a significant increase in testosterone levels after one year.
6.D deficiency is currently at epidemic proportions in the United States and many other regions around the world, largely because people do not spend enough time in the sun to facilitate this important process of vitamin D production.So the first step to ensuring you are receiving all the benefits of vitamin D is to find out what your levels are using, more recently the optimal vitamin D level has been raised to 50-70 ng/ml.To get your levels into the healthy range, sun exposure is the BEST way to optimize your vitamin D levels; exposing a large amount of your skin until it turns the lightest shade of pink, at dusk or dawn is typically necessary to achieve adequate vitamin D. As a last resort, a vitamin D3 supplement can be taken orally, but research suggests the average adult needs to take 8,000 IU's of vitamin D per day in order to elevate their levels above 40 ng/ml, which is the absolute minimum for disease prevention.
6. Reduce StressWhen you're under a lot of stress, your body releases high levels of the stress hormone cortisol. This hormone actually blocks the effects of testosterone, presumably because, from a biological standpoint, testosterone-associated behaviors (mating, competing, aggression) may have lowered your chances of survival in an emergency (hence, the "fight or flight" response is dominant, courtesy of cortisol).In the modern world, chronic stress, and subsequently elevated levels of cortisol, could mean that testosterone's effects are blocked in the long term, which is what you want to avoid.My favorite overall tool to manage stress i It's a handy, Other common stress-reduction tools with a high success rate include prayer, meditation, laughter and yoga, for example. Learning relaxation skills, such as deep breathing and positive visualization, which is the "language" of the subconscious.When you create a visual image of how you'd like to feel, your subconscious will understand and begin to help you by making the needed biochemical and neurological changes.
7. Limit or Eliminate Sugar from Your DietTestosterone levels decrease after you eat sugar, which is likely because the sugar leads to a high insulin level, another factor leading to low testosterone. Based on estimates, an average person consumes 12 teaspoons of sugar a day, which equates to about TWO TONS of sugar during a lifetime.Why we eat this much sugar is not difficult to understand -- it tastes good, and it gives us pleasure by triggering an innate process in your brain via dopamine and opioid signals. most people stand to reap major improvements in their health by cutting back on, or eliminating, sugar altogether from their diets. Remember foods that contain added sugar and fructose, as well as grains like bread and pasta, should all be limited.If you're struggling with sugar addiction and having trouble dealing with cravings, try psychotherapy.
8. Eat Healthy FatsBy healthy, this means not only mon- and polyunsaturated fats, like that found in avocadoes and nuts, but also saturated, as these are essential for building testosterone.
9.The ideal diet includes somewhere between 50-70 percent fat.It's important to understand that your body requires saturated fats from animal and vegetable sources (such as meat, dairy, certain oils, and tropical plants like coconut) for optimal functioning, and if you neglect this important food group in favor of sugar, grains and other starchy carbs, your health and weight are almost guaranteed to suffer.
Pruritus Vulvae is the most common cause of vulvar soreness and abnormal discharge in adolescent girls. The growing years are a transition phase where most body parts are undergoing changes to reach the adult stage. While some changes would be obvious externally, there are a lot of internal changes, which would not be very apparent. And for growing girls, especially the changes that they see in their private parts are worrisome, sometimes unpleasant and uncomfortable. About 50% of them would not even discuss these with someone to avoid embarrassment.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal and contains bacteria, which are essential for a normal genital health. It also provides lubrication and keeps the area clean. However, the amount, color, and type of discharge can vary and is a good indication of any underlying abnormal condition. Most genital tract issues manifest with a change in the vaginal discharge along with irritation or soreness.
In adolescent girls, the most common problem is pruritus vulvae, which is itching of the vulva region. It is a variant of contact dermatitis caused by irritation. In the growing years, the vulva is thin and delicate with a neutral pH. This makes it easily irritable, unlike in mature women, who also have the protection of pubic hair, thick skin, and labial fat pads. This irritation leads to the condition called pruritus vulvae.
Causes of soreness:
These are primarily non-infectious and infectious (genital).
- Poor hygiene leading to irritation, soreness and itching
- Contamination with urine or feces
- Mechanical irritation from itching, use of toilet paper, ill-fitting undergarments.
- Chemical irritation from soaps, detergents, shampoo, chlorinated water, etc.
- Foreign body such as toilet paper leading to vaginal discharge can cause vulval irritation
- Skin diseases like atopic dermatitis, seborrheic dermatitis, or psoriasis presents with vulvar symptoms too in the form of soreness and itching
- Sexually transmitted infections like trichomoniasis, gonorrhea and chlamydia.
- Viral infections like genital herpes and genital warts.
- Fungal infections such as Candida such as and tinea are rarely the cause of pruritus vulvae in prepubertal females.
- Worms like pinworms which move from the anus to the vagina, causing itching
- Bacteria like Shigella, Yersinia and E. coli can also lead to non-sexually transmitted infections and subsequent symptoms like soreness and discharge.
- Awareness is the first step in prevention. The girl must be educated about the changes her body is going through and the reasons behind it.
- Hygiene habits, especially after urination or passing feces, should be enforced.
- Avoid undergarments that are tight fitting and can be irritating
- Avoid soaps/chemicals when cleaning the genital area
- Topical creams (emollients/hydrocortisone) are usually effective
- Infections would need a course of antibiotics
When the girl is complaining of soreness and itching, it is best to visit a doctor to get a thorough examination and manage accordingly.
We are newly married and my wife conceived within a month of our marriage. Now she is in her 7th or 8th day and we are going for oral abortion. Will that effect her future pregnancy by any chance? Or any other health related issues? We have to take this decision due to certain circumstances.
I am having irregular periods on last 4 yrs. I consulted many doctors but my problem was not cure plzz give me aa suggestion plzz.
In medical world, there are countless accidental discoveries. Doctors realise that something used for one purpose can be used for another condition. The side effect of one drug could be used to treat another disease altogether. There are numerous instances but the botulinum toxin would be the first that comes to the mind.
The neurotoxin extracted from the bacteria Clostridium botulinum was used to treat strabismus, which is an eye condition where there is an excessive muscular contraction. It blocks the release of the chemical acetylcholine, thereby blocking the muscle contractions. It is actually a neurotoxin and causes temporary paralysis of the muscles. Eventually, it began to be used for cosmetic reasons to paralyse muscles that cause ageing and frowning.
Gradually, Botox made its way into more remedies including removal of wrinkles, cerebral palsy, migraines, excessive sweating, bladder spasms and depression. There are many studies relating how Botox has improved a person’s happiness quotient. Read on to know some substantiating facts:
Anti-aging Effects: One of the common things we all smile at is ourselves – the reflection we see in the mirror. Botox is an anti-aging agent beyond doubt and is the most common agent to reduce wrinkles and reduce aging effects. When you are happy with what you see in the mirror, you definitely feel good and happy. This is something that gets spread and overall emotional well-being is improved.
Anti-frown: Botox injections are also done along the frown lines, where the muscles responsible for frowning are treated. This ensures the person is less frowning. The effect is contagious. When you see someone not frowning or unhappy, you loosen up and lose that frown too (or smile if you did not have a frown in the first place). This effect spreads and the overall environment or ambience just becomes a happier one. The same applies to the anger expression. There is less anger that is visible on a person’s face, and therefore, the other person/people perceive less anger. This ensures there is a smoother environment.
Anti-Depressant: Botox has been used for treating depression widely, and there are studies to corroborate that Botox, when used for treating depression, improves the happiness quotient. It may be due to multiple reasons, including improved appearance, but it definitely has some effect on the psychology in addition to removing wrinkles on the face. It is not necessary that people should be depressed to feel better. Even in people with no depression, the usage of Botox has improved their well-being.
So, the next time you think of Botox, do not just think of the various celebrities who fail to age over decades. The Botox could be giving them more reasons to be smiling and happy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.