Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Preeti Babre
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Preeti BabreYour feedback matters!
Hymenoplasty is also known as hymen surgery. It is a surgical procedure where the hymen within the vagina is restored. The Hymen is a membrane covering the vaginal opening, which can be torn when a woman engages in coitus for the first time or it could be damaged due to other factors such as heavy lifting, exercise, cycling, swimming among many other activities. Hymenoplasty involves putting back the hymen’s torn edges to make it look like the hymen is intact.
Why do women want hymen reconstruction?
A woman would want a hymen reconstruction surgery for a number of reasons. They are:
- Religious reasons: In certain cultures, a woman’s hymen is inspected to make sure she has not engaged in coitus in the past. Virginity is valued highly is such places and if the woman is not a virgin, she may have to face social or even legal ramifications.
- In case of rape or sexual assault victims: In some cases, a rape victim may undergo this surgery to empower herself and feel mentally peaceful.
- Hymen related injuries: Certain factors like heavy exercise or sexual intercourse can cause rupture of the hymen which may cause bleeding, infections or other complications. A woman may want to rectify this with the help of this surgery.
The entire surgical process lasts for about 45-60 minutes. The surgery is carried out in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The torn skin membranes are rejoined using dissolvable stitches so that scaring is minimal.
This procedure can be carried out in three ways
1. Joining the torn edges with stitches.
2. An artificial membrane is placed in the area whose function is to behave as an artificial hymen. This hymen however, does not have any blood supply, so a capsule that contains blood can be placed with it.
3. A flap is taken from the vaginal lining, which is used to create a functional hymen with proper blood supply.
4. You can return to your work in about 2-3 days after the surgery. However, the entire healing process takes around two months.
The procedure caries some risks that you should be aware of, they are -
1. Bleeding: Some bleeding is normal after the procedure, but any prolonged case of bleeding may indicate a complication.
2. Infection: Like all surgeries, you may have infections in the concerned area. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to deal with these infections.
3. Narrowing of the vaginal opening: In some cases, the vaginal opening can become narrow after the procedure. This however, can be resolved without the need for any treatment as it may become wider on its own over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
क्या प्रेग्नसि टेस्ट किट से एक महीना पूरा होने से कुछ दिन पहले टेस्ट कर सकते है क्या ये सही result देगा
Washing your skin with water is something that you probably do daily, but you may not know at what temperature the water should be. Using water at the correct temperature is advantageous for the skin. Water at extreme temperatures is harmful for the skin as your skin is not designed that way.
The temperature of the water should also depend on the purpose for which it is being used. Here are some tips on how to set the temperature of the water depending on the purpose:
- Showering: While showering, if you are using hot water, then it may strip your skin of its essential oils and make it vulnerable to dryness. This may cause various skin complications, such as cracked and rough skin. Hence, use lukewarm water while you shower.
- Washing your hair: Using hot water to wash your hair may lead to hair damage as it rids your hair of all the essential oils and makes it limp and dull. Lukewarm to normal water is recommended while washing your hair as it will allow the hair to retain its natural oils.
- Brushing: The right temperature of water while brushing your teeth should optimally be lukewarm. Too cold or hot water can lead to teeth sensitivity and cause oral problems.
- Washing your face: Before you apply a cleansing agent on your face, use warm water to wet the face as it helps to open up your pores. After the cleansing agent is applied, then use cold water to wash your face. Cold water helps in closing the pores after the impurities are removed from the skin.
- Shaving: If you are going to shave, then opt for warm water as it opens the pores up and thus makes it easier for the blade to glide through the skin. This also reduces the risk of razor burns on your skin.
- Washing your feet: Wash your feet with lukewarm water as it facilitates dead cell removal and also helps in getting rid of warts.
What problems are created during sex please tell me to avoid them? I do not like to use any condom please tell me other protection?
My wife a long time face pid problem and long time use a medicine but problem is not well please tell a best consult dr.
I am 26 years old and I was in a relationship not now. And my problem is that my breast is getting so much loose and my nipples has so much cracks and so small. I am tensed about my future bcoz l m getting marry soon please suggest me something.
I am 31 years female, having irregular menses, what should I do to regulate menses. I WOULD like to regular menses, how to cure problem.
Hi doctor, in my 3rd month of pregnancy baby heart beat was stopped and I was suggested to go for d and c and had it last month when I did my torch profile test It came rubella virus 2.13 what's this actually is this a very serious problem to plan for d next pregnancy what safe steps should I take please help me doctors am totally upset at least this time I want a healthy baby.
I had sex 2 month ago and then my periods were 5 6 days late .I had weird periods. 2 days it bled and 1 day no bleeding then again 4th day bleeding .I shall have 5 days period .after that I had no sex but my periods this time are 9 days late. I am scared I know if I hadn't have sex after the last period I can not be pregnant but was it implantation bleeding .pain was less than normal but bleeding was good enough like periods. I am scared because 9 days is too much .I started swimming too. Can swimming delay periods? I don't have any other symptoms but I am scared about why it is 9 days late .please help.
Did you know your sexual desire isn’t just a reflection of whether or not you’re attracted to someone? Our sexual desire is complex and there are things most people do everyday that lower their libido and stop them from having the hot sex life they truly want for themselves, and their lover/s! Avoid doing the following if you don't want your sex drive
1. Poor diet
It's not about the number on the scale, but what you put in your system. A diet high in fat lowers libido. A diet of junk lowers libido. Think of healthy food as fuel not just for your body generally, but for your sex drive. Put in clean, green fuel and you will have a sexual system raring to go. Punish it with vitamin-poor, difficult to digest processed items which barely meet the qualifications of food, and your libido will slow to a snail’s pace. Not sexy.
2. Lack of exercise
Your sexual response utilises your hormones, your muscles, your circulatory system and your nerves, to name but a few. If those areas of your body are in good shape and are performing well, then you will have a libido to match. If you’re a couch potato, then so is your libido: simply not in the mood. Get your move on to get your sexy groove on!
3. Not enough sleep
Your libido is not classified as a life or death function by your body, so when it’s tired, and chronically so, your body will put its limited energy resources into its vital body processes (digesting, and doing the tasks you require it to do). Your body will tell your libido to wait until it has some energy reserves. So sleep. Can you have sex when you’re tired all the time? Sure. Will you want to? No and no and no again.
Most people know that stress lowers their libido, but do you know it’s not all bad? A little bit of stress can prompt you to have sex as a stress reliever, and that’s good for you! But chronic high levels of stress will lower your libido - and not just for a week but months on end, until the stress is taken care of. So look after your sex life: take a meditation class. It helps fight stress and the added bonus is that doing meditation actually increases thel evels of DHEA in your body which … drumroll … increases your libido.
5. Negative self talk
Libido isn’t just physical. A huge part of it is mental. If you tell yourself you aren’t beautiful and if you’re silent and don’t tell yourself you’re hot, sexy and attractive, then that’s exactly what your body will reflect. Your libido just left the building that is you, probably in search of someone who does say, "Hey I’m all that, yes I am!"
6. Lazy learning
We need to feel we are evolving and growing in life. Your libido is a fundamental part of your life. It’s not instinct and it fluctuates in reflection of what is going on in our lives, minds and bodies. If you aren’t proactive in your own life, if you aren’t stimulating your mind and body, then how can you expect your sex drive to be stimulated? An active person, in mind and body, is a sexy person. Stretch your imagination, grab life by both hands, and your libido will follow you anywhere.