Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Pediatricians online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Praveen Mody
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Praveen ModyYour feedback matters!
Are there any long-term effects associated with taking ADHD (attention deficit hyperactivity disorder) medications? If so, what are they and what medications are implicated?
My 3 year old is sick with a temperature of 100 degrees she can not keep anything down including liquids. What should I do?
I have baby boy of 1 month and I have very low supply of milk due to which baby keeps on crying and I have to give him formula milk pls suggest ways to increase milk supply so that my baby is feed properly.
Hello doctors, My son is 4 years old. Whenever he travels in car and especially when ac is on he vomits. Kindly suggest remedy.
My son who is 8 year old. If he drinks milk or take any food in the morning, he omits it. During day time whatever he eats he digests it properly. The problem occurs only early morning. Please suggest me what to do?
Dear doctor, when we ask my 3 years and 6 months old son to sit for stool, he did not do so, when we forcefully make him sit, he starts crying. Sometimes even when we say him to sit down, just by saying he starts crying.
Parental Depression is an aspect which affects the innocent child, right from the time it is in the mother's womb.
Maternal depression could be due to various reasons ranging from familial disharmony to poor health. Unfortunately, a depressed mother's pessimistic thoughts could pass on to the pure soul inside her. So the effect starts in utero. After birth, she may be careless and negligent towards a child whose most important requirement is love. And children of these mothers become victims of behavioral and cognitive problems and poor school performers. They may also acquire the illness of depression eventually.
Hence, before stepping into parenthood, it's important to be mentally fit and not just physically healthy. Exercise and meditation is of great help and of course a happy home environment.
Supporting each other is the key to getting things on track again.
- Talk to your spouse: Chat with your spouse, showing affection, doing things with them and encouraging them to get out of the house are important.
- Appreciate her but respect your family: Help her see that the family needs her and appreciates that she is expecting. While doing the same ensure that you respect the feelings of your family members.
- Opt for specialist care: Offer to see a therapist and encourage her to take medications. Getting the help of an expert helps get guidance to handle difficult situations.
- Be emotionally present with her: Go with her to as many antenatal checkups as you can, and make sure you are there for the ultrasound scans. This encourages a woman and gives her the satisfaction that her partner is involved.
- Compliment her and pay attention to her: Many women find it difficult to cope with the changes in their body during pregnancy. She may be worried about stretch marks, concerned about weight gain or just be feeling not much like her old self. Make sure to compliment her and let her know how much you love her.
- Be a shoulder for her to cry on: Listen to all of her concerns, and offer her the reassurance and support she really needs.
- Be there to help: After the birth, your partner will need time to recover. She will be exhausted, sore and hormonal, and will be relying on you for support. Help with the baby, and do as much as you can.