Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. NitinYour feedback matters!
I have blur vision only 20 percent. Doctor suggested me Lasik. Can it improve my vision. How does it cost.
I have eye problem as my eye usually showing painful as my eye size is small will you suggest me what to do?
I have red eyes from last 3 days please tell me what should I do? End I have 5.5 cross eyes number in both of my eyes.
After sitting for a long time n then I suddenly get up that time my eyesight goes off n I can't stand why is it so?
I have red eyes and feeling jealousy in my eyes because of this I can't sleep properly its very bad for my eyes.
My brother is 20 years old. From childhood his eyesight is low. Nd no is increasing. Now his specs no is 5-6 Please suggest some natural way or some food, fruits which can help to remove his specs as soon as possible.
I have red eyes and I have taken eye drops but there is irritation in eyes. What are the causes and what to do?
I have blurry vision in my left eye. My head also pains. Water comes from both eyes they have become small and eyes have become dry. Can eye no. Be reduced. How? Pls help.
I am a teenager. I'd been feeling back pain while resting on bed everyday. It started a long time ago. I don't know how it started. I used to use computer for about 14 hrs a day. Please tell.
What is the best way to keep fit the eyes, I think it already started bcs of staining to the desktop, what should I do?
Hllo doctor. .main laptop ko apne kaam k liye bhut use krta hoon .but meri eyes pain krne lagti hai to mujhe kya krna chahiye or kya main zero no. K glasses lga sakta ho k nhi .plz suggest me..
Good day Doctor! My kid gets stye on his eye lids repeatedly, earlier we had shown to Doctor and temporarily cured with Moxifloxacin Eye drops. But it's repeating .it's not having any pain presently however would like to know what is the permanent cure for this.& How serious this issue?
A cataract usually forms in the eyes due to clouding of the naturally clear lens that coats the eyes.This coating is usually a matter of age advancement or any other injury that the eyes may have sustained. It may also be a birth defect that a baby may be born with. There are various ways to deal with this debilitating condition.
One of the methods of treatment includes cataract surgery. Read on to find out more about this form of treatment:
- Procedure: During this surgery, the ophthalmologist will remove the cloudy lens and clean it before replacing it with a man-made lens.The technique followed for this procedure is known as phacoemulsification which involves a small cut or incision for the cataract surgery. The incision helps the doctor in liquefying and then vacuuming the centre portion of the lens, which is slightly harder than the rest of the lens.
- Device: The doctor will usually administer anaesthesia first and then make the tiny incision on one side of the cornea. Thereafter, an instrument or device will be inserted through this opening to send out ultrasonic vibrations to the eye. These vibrations will help in breaking the lens into tiny pieces. These fragments will be removed with the help of a suction that will go in through the tiny cut. This cut may also be made with the help of a laser beam.
- New Lens: Once the fragments of the old lens have been cleared, the doctor will go about the process of inserting the new man made lens which is usually made up of clear plastic, acrylic or even silicon, and is known as IOL or intraocular lens. This process is generally termed as intraocular lens implantation.
- Improved Vision: With the help of the new lens, the patient will now enjoy better vision and a visible decline in the symptoms of the cataract including problems in night driving.
- Convenient: This procedure usually takes about an hour and is an outpatient procedure. It is a completely safe procedure where numbing drops are placed on the eye so as to reduce any pain significantly. The doctor will usually give you a novocaine injection around the eye. Also, cataracts from both eyes will not be removed on the same day, and the doctor will schedule you for cataract removal from the second eye for another day.
- Aftermath: After the surgery is over, it is normal to feel some amount of irritation in the eye. If this irritation is persistent, you must see a doctor about it.
Painkillers like acetaminophen and ibuprofen can be used to recover from the pain after the surgery. Ask an ophthalmologist about other measures.