Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Dentists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Hi I have some problem about chewing tobacco in mouth I have very serious problem so I do not know what do do I can not eat properly due to tobacco so pls tell me what to do.
I like to remove my balance tooth from my mouth and get new strong full set . what can I do? How much time and cost can I spend for it?
Hi doctor I am 18 yrs old. I am suffering from mouth ulcer after every 15 to 16 days so what can I do to overcome this problem permanently.
I am 47 years old. I was suffering with dental problem .(i.e) some brown ligament is appearing around the tooth. Why it is happening like this and what is the reason for that. I seems to be awkward if a brown is visible means around the tooth. Please Suggest me permanent solution for this.
Is titanium dental implants are harmful for body? Does it causes cancer/ allergies/ infections ? Does it cause never damage ? I am very confused between dental implant and bridge.
There are some problem in my teeth when I eat sweets and after eating when drink water it seems that I realize shock in my teeth please tell me solution for this problem.
I am 22 years old male and I'm having dental problem. One of my wisdom tooth has got stuck inside my jaw bone. What should I do now?
Tooth lost to either decay or gum disease leaves a dent in many areas - facial appearance, chewing, facial structure support, etc. Fixed dentures were a good substitute, however, with one major disadvantage. They required removal of natural tooth structure from adjacent healthy teeth. The next big search was to find ways to avoid this, and the result is the dental implant.
The tooth has a visible part called the crown and an invisible part called the root which is hidden in the jaw bone. While the fixed denture replaces only the crown, the implant replaces both the crown and the root.
How implants are done: Once a tooth is lost and the bone is healed to the desired extent, a biocompatible titanium post that is screwed into the bone. This material has the unique property of osseointegration - it fuses to the bone, which is almost like a natural tooth in its socket. This complete fusion may take about 2 to 6 months depending on overall health. After it gets absorbed well into the bone, a crown that matches the adjacent teeth is fixed on it. Implants can also be used for replacing multiple teeth or for overdentures.
There are certain reasons why implants work so well, listed below are some:
- The material: Titanium is biocompatible and does not cause any adverse reaction in the body. It fuses to the bone completely and is not just put in place to fill the gap. That ensures that the support provided for the new crown or bridge is as good as the original tooth with a root embedded in the jaw bone
- Post-implant care: Required, but not to the extent required by dentures. There is very minimal difference between caring for an implant and caring for an implant
- Function: As the implant is completely fused and embedded in the bone, it functions as good as a natural tooth in terms of chewing efficiency and pressure that can be applied on it. This is not the case with dentures
- Gum health: Bridges have an adverse effect on the gums with a constant mild pressure exerted on them. Implants do not do that and therefore are more friendly on the gums
- Bone health: While bridges affect the alveolar bone health by allowing them to continue to degenerate, implants occupy the space in the bone and do not allow further degeneration. This is probably the most important advantage of implants.
- Aesthetics: Needless to say, the look of a well-done implant far surpasses that of the dentures.
Check with your dentist if you are an ideal candidate for implant, and if yes, it surely is worth the investment.