Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced General Physicians in India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Dr. Karan ThakkarYour feedback matters!
Lymph channels and lymph nodes are body's drainage system in a way. In a case of any infection/ inflammation in some part of the body, the draining lymph nodes in that region swell up. They usually return back to their normal size in 1-2 weeks.
Please contact your doctor if:
1. Lymph node swelling is present for more than 3 weeks.
2. There is ulceration of overlying skin or drainage of pus.
3. You have experienced weight loss of more than 10%.
4. You are having fever which may be accompanied by night sweats.
5. You have a past history of tuberculosis.
6. Your age is more than 40-50 years.
Some causes of lymph node swelling:
1. Local bacterial infection
The last two are rare causes but it is important to rule them out early by proper medical consultation and biopsy if required.
Sir, I am 51, male suffering from chronic problem and constipation. Kindly advice me about diet which can ease my problem and have free motion daily without side effects.
In this modern age of it revolution virtually everything has become possible online, including medical consultation. Like a coin has two sides, there are pros and cons for online medical consultation. If used appropriately and judiciously it can definitely improve healthcare outreach.
Medicine is science and art. It requires years of training and experience to become a good doctor. Diagnosis requires knowledge of not only the disease but also of a lot of other personal, familial, environmental information related to the patient. Hence, whenever asking for a medical opinion online please be sure to describe your problem in detail and include information about the following:
1. Age, gender, weight and height
2. Marital status, occupation
3. Brief family history - any deaths, high blood pressure/diabetes/tb/ asthma
4. Personal history including diet (veg/non-veg), sleep, addictions, bladder-bowel problems, etc.
5. Medical history - any current or past diseases, past surgeries or hospital admissions, any medications, any allergies (this is very important).
6. Current medical problem description: time since problem started, how did it start, is continuous or episodic, what makes it better or worse, location, relation to time of day, nature of the problem (for eg. Pain - dull or sharp or electric current like), any treatment taken or reports conducted, how does it affect your daily work and life and other relevant details.
Also, please make it a point to answer all the questions asked by the doctor and follow up. By doing this you will be able to derive optimum benefit of online consulting.
Wish everyone a healthy life!
Sir, From 2 days when I watch t. V. And work to computer then suddenly water is coming from my eyes and my eyes become red, what should I do please tell me ?
Research has shown that sitting for prolonged durations has many dangerous effects on our body in the long term.
1) On your back -
The problem: sitting for long hours can cause muscle aches and pains. It can also lead to abnormal bending of your spine which may make one more prone to have long term back pain.
The solution: keep your back straight and maintain proper posture.
2) On your weight -
The problem: according to a recent research, people who say they watch television frequently are 40 per cent less likely to exercise than non-tv watchers.
The solution: get up and get moving.
3) On your brain
The problem: researchers recently found that prolonged session of watching tv before going to bed makes it harder to fall asleep, reduces sleep, and makes one groggy the next day, even after clocking eight hours of sleep. The reason is that the blue light which the television emits, inhibits the release of melatonin, a hormone that helps you go to sleep.
The solution: limit your tv viewing to two hours after work.
4) On your lungs
The problem: among the many health hazards it causes, sitting for long hours can also shrink your lung capacity by a third, so you get less oxygen, which causes a decrease in mental focus the second you sit on the couch.
The solution: sit on a chair with a pillow behind your lower back. It is a position that helps open your lungs.
5) On your heart
The problem: An international study found out that on an average, every single hour of television watching after 25 reduces life expectancy by close to 22 minutes.
The solution: researchers have discovered little mortality risk for people who watch less than an hour a day. Pick a show that's a real brain numbing deal, so you're more likely to need time between episodes.
Those who don't consume alcohol please continue the the healthy habit of avoiding alcohol.
Those who do consume alcohol, please try to avoid it, if you cannot do that, at least follow the below mentioned steps to minimize the damage:
1. All forms of alcohol are super high on calories, especially beer. One can of beer has as many calories as one serving of biryani. So, avoid beer and mixing alcohol with soft drinks and juices. Instead, have neat or with water/soda.
2. Don't consume more than 1.5 to 2 pegs (60ml) in a day.
3. Keep a gap of at least 2-3 days in between two drinking sessions to let your liver recover from the alcohol induced damage.
4. Have small amounts of alcohol empty stomach. This is in contrast to what others say. When had empty stomach, alcohol is absorbed faster and better. Thus, small amount of alcohol will give you the effect. But never have large amounts (more than 60ml) empty stomach or it can lead to serious problems.
4. Avoid binge drinking, that is drinking a large amount of alcohol in a short time. For example, if a person only has alcohol on weekends but drinks more than 2-3 pegs at a time, it can be dangerous, especially for the pancreas. Instead of binge drinking once a week, it is better to have 1.5 pegs thrice a week.
5. If you drink frequently and heavily, consume Cap 2B12 twice a day for a month and then continue taking one capsule once a day.
6. Alcohol dehydrates and draws vitamins and minerals out of your body. Drink plenty of water to prevent dehydration.
7. Have no more than one drink per hour. "One drink" means one 360ml beer (5%), one 150ml glass of wine, or one 45 ml of 40% alcohol, per hour.
8. Don't drink and drive.
Dear sir, I am 60 year old male. I am facing the erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation problems. Kindly suggest me the tests for the above problems and please advice me what should I do? regards.
Keeping blood sugar levels under good control for many years can reduce the risk of suffering a heart attack, stroke, heart failure or amputation by about 17 percent among type 2 diabetics, a key study has revealed.
A long-term target hba1c average of about 7-8 was found beneficial.
Hemoglobin a1c (hba1c) test gives the average blood sugar status of last 3 months.
For anyone with type 2 diabetes, a growing body of research supports the idea of taking four medications to help their hearts: metformin to control blood sugar, a statin to control cholesterol and other blood lipids, a blood pressure medication and aspirin.
This quartet of drugs, combined with proper diet and exercise, and quitting of smoking, could help millions of people stave off heart attacks, strokes, heart failure and amputations.
The results were reported in the new england journal of medicine.