Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Ophthalmologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Laser Cataract Surgery
Dear sir, I am male 25 year old. I can't see with my right eye for last 10 years due to retinal detachment. Is there any treatment available for the same let me know. Also my eye got crossed because of same problem. Can I get treatment for cross the eyes.
I am 37 aged male having enoughsleep 8-9 hours daily but at my wakeup time my eyes are not opening freely they are very pain is there any medicine suggest me?
I want to know about laser treatment my eyesight is -4.75 left and -5.00 right. My age is 18 years. Pls suggest me is that good or not?
While red bloodshot eyes may look worrisome at first sight, it is not a cause of concern all the time. There are benign, short-lasting bouts that will disappear on their own to serious medical reasons that could require intervention.
Listed below are some common causes and ways to manage red eyes.
- Conjunctivitis: The most common cause of red or pink eye is a conjunctivitis infection of the membrane covering the sclera. The blood vessels are irritated and give the eye a red hue. This is contagious and very common in children, needs to be treated with antibiotic drops based on the cause.
- Allergy: Be it pollen, dust, dander, or some other chemicals, eyes could be sensitive to it and get inflamed and take on a red color. This can be treated with a combination of prevention by avoiding exposure to the allergen (which causes the allergy) and some antihistamine drops if required.
- Contact lenses: Extended or improper use of contact lenses is the main reason for red eyes in contact lens users. There is reduced lubrication, increased accumulation of dust and microbes if the lens is not removed at frequent intervals. Removal of the lens and visits to the doctor are important things for managing it.
- Computer Vision Syndrome: With people spending a large amount of time staring at computer screens, tablets and phone screens, the dryness in the eyes increase, thereby, leading to red eyes. The reduced blinking when working on computers also affects the condition. It is therefore very important to take conscious breaks to stare away from the monitors and use special glasses if required. In some cases, eye drops may also be required.
- Occupational Hazard: For people working outdoors, conditions such as dust, heat, smoke, and dry air increase the chances of red eyes. Reducing exposure as much as possible and use of protective eyewear is extremely essential.
- Dry Eye Syndrome: The tear glands are a constant source of lubrication for the eyes and also cleanse the eyes from the minute dust particles and other irritants. For various reasons, the tears produced may not be sufficient and can lead to red eyes. Artificial tear substitute could be used for managing this.
Some benign reasons like swimming, smoking, lack of sleep, pregnancy, common cold also produce bloodshot eyes. On the other hand, corneal ulcer, uveitis, ocular herpes, glaucoma, and other medical conditions could also lead to red eyes.
If it persists for more than 2 days, is painful, and is associated with discharge or sensitivity to light, it is important to seek medical help, especially if associated with injury or trauma.
Related Tip: "Natural Remedies For Better Eyesight"
I have red eye over more than two to three weeks, I have tried pyrimol but it didn't helped, what should I do?
I'm getting frequent ache at head endings, eyes, when I travel in cold air conditions in winter. Tested my eyes &found ok.
I am asking for how to increase breast size ? I seen and read something on YouTube and google. There suggests for massages and breast toner cream they creams are effective or not .and they harmful for women or not. I am working women that why I asking for creams she has busy schedule. So please suggest that good for us.
Sir, mere bete ki age 8 sal h. Uski aankhe kai dino se jpak rhi h. Dr. Ko dikhaya to nmi ki kmi bta rhe h. Drops tobcon. F and recool plus dal rhi hu lekin agar ek din bi bhul jati hu tb vhi problem ho jati h. Kya ye drops lifetime dalni pdengi, ya fir in drops se bache ki aankhe thik bi hongi ya ni, ye bimari aage jakr koi bdi bimari to ni bnegi na. please help me.
I can't able to see clearly without my specs and my lens power is -3.5 nd my age is 16 shall I cure it?
My eyes get strained frequently while working on computers. It gives me pain in eyes and unable to concentrate. What should I do?
I am 25 years old and suffering from uveitis since last 10 years. I am planning for baby. Can I take methotrexate injection into eyes ? Kindly suggest.
I wear spectacles from 11 years. The area just below my eyes is bulging out. Is it normal, that is because of lenses is some issues with me. Please guide. Thanks.
Carrots improve eyesight and deficiency of vitamin A can cause some difficulty seeing in dim light. Since carrots are rich in vitamin a, they are good for improving eyesight and preventing conditions like night blindness from developing as we age.