Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Audiologists in India. You will find Audiologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Audiologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Ms. Hemlata Singh
Submit a review for Ms. Hemlata SinghYour feedback matters!
I am 34 years male. I am suffering with hearing loss (40% (R)& 45%(L)) in both ears for last 6 months. After audiometry and impedance test, I was said that my stapes bone inside the ear has been grown. I have been suggested for ear operation to replace this bone. Also recently I have started the tinnitus. But I do not want to go for operation as this being complex and near to inner ear. Another reason is non-availability of good surgeon in my area. I have started sodium fluoride tablets just to prevent further hearing loss and some yoga exercise. I may go for hearing aid as well. Please suggest if any food supplements or preventions to decrease the tinnitus. Thanks,
My right ear nerve is damaged due to loud sound of DJ in a small place. A ENT Doctor told me that it is not curable. It irritates me as I hear couple of sounds together. It creates zoooom when I smoke and in noisy area. Doctor gave me medicine GUDMENSIA but not effective. Another doctor gave me medicine Tab ANNEAL-3. Again No relaxation. Kindly suggest.
Hai sir my name is n varma raju I have some hearing problem I don't listen some sounds how to rectify sir.
I am diagnosed with bilateral moderate conductive hearing loss. What could be the possible treatment for this? Pls suggest an ent specialist either at chamber east or at ghatkopar east.
Hearing is one of the five senses that you or anyone else relies on for communication and a whole host of other things. Among the five senses, touch, smell, taste, hearing and sight, it is often hearing, which is the most easily affected. You don't have to be a senior citizen to experience hearing loss as it is quite common among younger people as well. This problem is also getting widespread with each passing day.
Before coping with hearing loss, the first job is to detect it:
If you have a hunch that you or any of your loved ones is suffering from hearing loss, it is important that you get it diagnosed. Some of the common symptoms of hearing loss will be:
- Hearing difficulties while talking to someone over the phone
- Straining to hear conversations with family members or friends in household situations
- People usually need to repeat what they talk to you with a louder voice
- You often hear complaints that you keep the TV too loud.
- In crowded situations, such as family gatherings or a restaurant, you have problems listening to people.
Although this condition tends to affect senior citizens, an increasing trend shows younger people i.e. people mostly in their 40 and 50s and even younger than that suffer from this condition.
How to deal with hearing loss?
Some of the options to deal with hearing loss are mentioned below.
- Once diagnosed with hearing problems, change your ways of communication: If you or your loved ones have been diagnosed with hearing problems, it is important that both adjust your ways to deal with the problem. Rather than getting angry at the other for not being able to communicate effectively, develop and strategize ways to make communication less problematic and erratic.
- Cochlear implants: This is a newer technology, which has gained popularity in the past decade or so. These are directly implanted into the inner ear and are designed to bypass the damaged areas of the ear and directly stimulate the auditory nerve. These have become very popular, although, are not a replacement of natural hearing. It is only prescribed for people who have severe hearing loss or are deaf.
- Hearing aids: Although selecting a hearing aid is difficult as the patient needs to be comfortable, once selected it is one of the best solutions for the hearing impaired. The functionality of these devices can be extended with the hearing assistive technology or HAT devices that can focus the audio waves depending on the situations and give a more tailored approach for every individual's needs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Ent specialist.