Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.UDAY SINGHYour feedback matters!
The neurones in the brain are constantly reorganising their connections both functionally and physically according to the environment, your thinking and behaviour. This ability is known as neuroplasticity. Through neuroplasticity the nerve cells of brain can compensate for injury to some parts of the brain and enable a person to recover from stroke, birth abnormalities. It is also beneficial in treating autism, ADD, learning disabilities and helps manage obsessive compulsive disorders.
Here are seven things you should know about neuroplasticity.
- Change depends on the attentiveness of the brain: Neuroplasticity changes can only happen if the brain is alert and active. When the brain is active it releases neurochemicals that are necessary for the neurone connections to change. If a person is distracted to inattentive, these changes cannot happen.
- The more the effort; the bigger the change: Neuroplasticity changes depend on how motivated the person is to change or learn new tasks. For this reason, when it comes to using neuroplasticity for physiotherapy, it is essential to first deal with any depression or anxiety issues the patient might be having before attempting to rehabilitate them.
- It helps strengthen neural connections: Repetition of actions is one of the key elements of neuroplasticity in physiotherapy. Through this, the strength of neurone connections is strengthened to include sensory information, movement and cognitive patterns.
- It improves cell to cell connections: This is crucial to a patient’s rehabilitation as it increases reliability and makes a person more independent. In turn, this makes behaviour patterns more reliable.
- It helps predict actions: A task can usually be broken down into a series of smaller tasks. For example, feeding oneself can be broken down into steps that begin with lifting a spoon and filling it with food to finally putting the spoon into your mouth. Hence, along with completing an action, the brain must also know what to do next. Neuroplasticity helps improve this associative flow and allows the brain to predict the next step.
- Changes can be temporary or permanent: Initial changes due to neuroplasticity are temporary ad only if the brain determines the experience to be desired is this change made permanent. This is why when treating mobility issues, patients are not always able to repeat tasks in the same way.
- Memory guides the learning: When making new neural connections through neuroplasticity, the brain is taught to discard unsuccessful attempts and only remember the experience of the successful attempts. From here, adjustments are made to improve the connection. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurosurgeon.
I am not able to get sleep in the night and I'm using pills to get sleep how could I overcome this stage in my life.
What medicine require for reducing large adenoid. Without operation of large adenoid any risk. Please suggest how it will be curable.
How to protect my teeth from germs, how can I improve my teeth color according to white like a cute baby. How can I care about my hair also?
I had dust mite allergy past 2 month ago. I didn't get complete sleep at night sometimes. I wakeup at midnight to take my inhaler. What should I do doctor?
I have small acnes below my eyes n black circles too. N I have wrinkles to. So please advise some good treatment. Thank you.
I am 24 years old female. I have lump above anus and below it. Sometimes blood in stool . what should i do ?.
Sometimes when I walk my left hand and left shoulder becomes numb. I am 18 years old boy. 85kgs, 5.8 ft height. Am I having any Heart related problem?
I am loosing my hair. Not quickly but still hair is going thin and from the front I am able to see white patches at some places.
I have undergone CABG on 1st of December 2015. Can you please suggest whether I can take one whole portion of egg daily?
Applied a skin shine cream by cadila on my face for two days and on third day I notice red rashes and skin peeling please suggest me what should I do to ease my rashes and skin peeling? And please suggest me a good cream for my acne marks.
I get a lot of pimples on my face and when I go in sun the face gets an irritation, I am fade up with this. What should I do?
I am having a dry cough from past 7 weeks taken antiboitic snd cough syrup as well but its not fully cure.Now i am having a throat pain with a cough while eating something. Kindly suggest.
How to lose 5 kilos in 1 month without trying at all
Maybe you just want to slip into that dress you bought the other day, or maybe the waistline inches are increasing and need some taming. Whatever your reasons are, workout sessions are too difficult to keep up with, and the weight loss is just not happening. But what if you were told that you could lose 5 kilos in a month without trying at all?
Try these 4 extremely easy ways to lose 5 kilos in month, without really trying hard!
1. Drink Water: Water may not have miraculous properties that burn fat, but it can definitely help your weight loss efforts. Most of the people confuse thirst with hunger, when it’s actually your body’s way of telling you that it needs to be rehydrated. So consuming the standard 8-10 glasses can prevent you from reaching out for that untimely snack, which means less calorie intake. Consuming 500 ml of water half an hour before dinner every night can reduce up to 2.5 kilos or more, in a month!
2. Walk to your destination: The next time you step out of your home to go the ATM, the local supermarket or even the park, walk the distance. Daily walking for 30 minutes can burn up to 150 calories in a day. So in a matter of just three days, you can lose 500gms of weight from your body!
3. Sip on green tea: Green tea is rich caffeine and EGCG, both of which speed up your metabolism and increase the burning of fat by your body. Sipping on 3-4 cups a day of green tea can burn 100 calories, which would be equal to losing half a kilo in just 5 days.
4. Sniff on apples and peppermints: Yes sniffing on certain foods, like apples, bananas, peppermint, garlic and even olive oil can greatly help in weight loss. Dr. Alan R. Hirsch of Chicago, who is the founder of Smell & Taste Treatment and Research Foundation, tried his method of smelling food reduce weight loss with 3000 volunteers, and each of them lost an average of 13kgs! The reason behind this? Well apparently smelling food before having it can reduce your appetite so that you eat less, and lose more (weight that is).
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.