Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Navi Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Dr.UDAY SINGHYour feedback matters!
Sir, I am unable to gain health inspite of a good healthy diet regularly and I also do exercises everyday. What should I do now?
Mera blood prssure 170/90 kabhi to 200/100 tak hi chala jata. Mere pass ke doctor kahate hai ki tu sochata hai? but sir bp ka socha ki muje bahut dar lagata hai. or sir kahbhi mujhe kisi ke ghar one night rahine ka ho to. muje aisa lgata hai mujhe hear attack to nahi aayeka? to muje baut takalif hoti chaakar bhi aate hai. or sine may dukhane lagata hai.please sir muze takalif kam karne kai liya koi rasta batya ki mai kar sakau
My mother: she is actually 50years and suffering from heart running and got high blood pressure doctor has advised her to take telma it has controlled her but how far she has to take this medicine is there no solution to become properly good health.
I am 42 years old male. I am getting urine pressure at night, after I sleep, every 1 and half hours to 2 hours.
I am 35 year old and having 5 year old son, after delivery my belly became weighted, so please suggest how to loose my belly weight?
I have a very severe tan in my forehead and my skin has also turned a very black. Please suggest what to do to remove the tan.
I am 21 height 5'3 and weight is 43kg from past few month its not changed so is there any problem and what do I do to gain weight?
I'm having trouble with my neck and it aches so badly sometimes that I cannot even eat anything! How can I stop ache?
My mother (65 yrs) underwent a minor surgery under GA. Post surgery, her voice became very weak. Surgeon dismissed it as throat infection. Now it is 6 months and still she cannot speak. After consulting ENT doctor, we were told that one voice box is damaged (stuck and not moving) due to Anesthetist being careless during surgery and we can wait and see if she recovers. Can she recover from this condition? How long would it take? Her voice is very low and shrill.
I have my all skin sun tanned very badly, what should I do to recover it, area which is covered in t-shirt is very fair in colour bt area which is exposed to sun is really dark in colour. Can you help me out.
I am 22 years old male my height 6.3 and weight 60 so I would like increase my weight tell me the procedures.
Haemoglobin is a protein rich in iron and is found in red blood cells. The main function of haemoglobin is to carry oxygen throughout the body. In other words, it carries oxygen from the lungs to the other parts of the body so that the cells can carry on with their basic functions. It also carries carbon dioxide back to the lungs from those cells so that this gas can be exhaled.
Haemoglobin is important for maintaining a healthy life. The normal levels of haemoglobin in human body include:
• 14-18g/dl for adult men
• 12-16g/dl for adult women
Foods that improve haemoglobin
- Consume iron-rich food products: According to National Anaemia Action Council, lack of iron is the most common cause behind low haemoglobin levels. To improve iron content in your blood, you can take asparagus, tofu, almonds, oysters, fortified breakfast cereals, liver, red meat, shrimp, spinach, dates and lentils. However, consult your doctor for the right intake, as too much consumption of iron may be harmful for your health.
- Improve your vitamin C intake: Absorption of iron is improved if vitamin C is taken in adequate quantities. Lemon, tomatoes, papaya, oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, broccoli, grapefruit, etc. are some of the fruits that are rich in vitamin C. In fact, if there is a deficiency of vitamin C in our blood, haemoglobin levels go down. You may also take vitamin supplements to improve haemoglobin in your body, but consult a doctor first.
- Focus on food items rich in folic acid: This acid is basically vitamin B complex, which is required to make red blood cells. Food products that are rich in folic acid include rice, liver, breakfast cereals, sprouts, dried beans, wheat germ, peanuts etc. A diet comprising 200-400 milligrams of foliates is enough to supplement your Vitamin B needs.
- Include beetroot as a part of your diet: Rich in iron, folic acid, fibres and potassium, beetroot helps in augmenting haemoglobin levels. Drinking beetroot juice daily increases the iron content in your red blood cells.
- Have apples: They are rich in iron and if you have an apple daily, then your haemoglobin level will improve significantly. If possible, take a green apple with its skin. Apple juice mixed with beetroot juice has a marked effect on haemoglobin levels. You can also add some ginger or lemon juice to this mixture and have the concoction twice a day.
- Eat blackstrap molasses: This food is rich in iron, vitamin, folic acid etc. and improves the haemoglobin level in your blood. Take 2 tablespoons of blackstrap molasses and apple cider vinegar each, mix them in a cup of water and drink this concoction once a day.