Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Gynaecologists online in Navi Mumbai. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. AgarwalYour feedback matters!
Gestational diabetes is a form of diabetes where the blood sugar levels of the body increase during pregnancy. When you are expecting, your body is more repellent to insulin so that a larger amount of glucose is manufactured for the baby’s nourishment. However, this excess blood glucose can build up within the body which causes gestational diabetes. This can lead to health problems for both the mother and the baby. At the end of the gestational period i.e. once the baby is delivered, blood sugar reduces to normal.
When are you at a risk for gestational diabetes?
- Gestational diabetes can also be hereditary. If a family member or a relative has diabetes, you are more likely to develop gestational diabetes.
- If you are overweight, you are more susceptible to developing gestational diabetes.
What causes gestational diabetes?
During pregnancy, the placenta connects your baby to the blood supply. This produces other hormones which reduce the levels of insulin. This increases the level of blood sugar in your blood. As your baby develops, your body manufactures more of such hormones which block your insulin levels leading to gestational diabetes. This usually occurs from the 20th week of your pregnancy.
- Increase in Birth Weight – Extra glucose crosses through the placenta which instigates the baby’s pancreas to manufacture more insulin. This can make your baby very large. Sometimes, it becomes difficult for the baby to pass through the birth canal during childbirth as a result.
- Premature Birth and Respiratory Diseases – High blood sugar may increase the risk of an early labor. It may make the baby due before the 37th week of pregnancy. This also makes the baby more susceptible to respiratory disorders.
- High Blood Pressure – Gestational diabetes also raises your risks for high blood pressure. This can be fatal for you as well as your baby’s health.
- Book an appointment with a dietitian and follow a healthy eating schedule. Limit the amount of carbohydrates and ensure you have a healthy and balanced meal.
- Do light exercises regularly during pregnancy. This helps you to control your blood sugar level. Physical activities which require low levels of energy utilization such as swimming and walking will control your blood sugar level without exerting you too much.
- Taking insulin shots and medicine for diabetes will also control your blood sugar levels if you have a pre-existing condition. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
Sir my wife is expecting and in fourth month and she undergone triple marker test. It says risk of trisomy 21. Now wat to do and medical precaution we should take.
My age is 40 years, I have a 8.1 mm cyst on the wall of uterus. Also the my uterus is enlarge (3 times from the normal size). Continues bleeding more then 17 days my Dr. Had send the tissue for biopsy. Is it necessary to remove the uterus in this case please advice.
I am 23 years old I have 6 month baby after my 2nd delivery and family planning my belly size is not normal. How to reduce that and I can do crunch exercise or not.
Mother blood group is O+ and father's is O- and pregnancy has been conceived since 1.5 month. Complications is that mother's BP remains abnormal such as last 110/55 and hemoglobin is deficit. She is also bleeding. Doctor advised for abortion. Kindly share your views and knowledge on it. This question asked to gain knowledge on condition, probable solution and precautions. The answer will be consider to satisfy knowledge. And we expect to discuss further on pro basis after primary information.
In genetic testing for pregnancy is it possible to identify for mental illness specially schizophrenia. Me and my wife are healthy couple but my mother-in-law is having schizophrenia. So what medicine or testing is available to reduce the risk for same in pregnancy to the kid.
Hii. Myself 14 weeks pregnant. I am suffering from lower pelvic stabbing from night after dinner. It will remain till the morning bowel movement. Therefore feeling uncomfortable at night when awaking for urination. And when I passed out wind I hot relief. The aches spread to back also. I have some constipation and loose motion problem also. But this make me worried. Because myself pregnant. Please advise.
Dear doctors Believed it or not, but it is true in my case. I have been married for 4 years. My wife is not able to conceived till now. As soon as we married, I lost my father due to cancer just after a week of marriage. Initially first few month, we enjoyed sex. Due to this, she conceived first time but it miscarriage. We are under treatment with a gynecologist for more than a year. My issue or problem is that my penis length has decreased. Believed it or not, earlier it was 5 inches but now it is around 4 inches. How can I again increase length of my penis. Please help me and reply me at earliest.
Letting go and speaking up or crying out is the best aphrodisiac and marriage problems solver says Dr. Vaibhav lunkad
Of all the cases of erectile dysfunction we get to see at aaiina clinic 162 shukrawarpeth pune we found that 40% almost were due to psychosomatic problems such as misunderstanding, misconceptions, misperceptions, misbehaviour and habits of missing, messing and masking emotions or actions.
Just one session of detailed counseling and psychotherapy for one hour and the mutual satisfaction of the couples and us was immeasurable. Their relations all renewed, relieved and resumed. To understand one another, it's necessary to go beyond logic and accept the intricacies of human body, mind, and relationships without bias and prejudice. To allow a person to be as he, she or a bisexual or gay is, is real love. To" forgive and forget" without reminding again helps resume all broken relationships too. To have humour, hunger and humility (letting go, keeps the flame of" romance, sex and love" ignited always. To be" at ease or dis-ease" is a choice we can make every moment. After menopause or andropause or any other problems what is required is" listening attentively without judging, taunting, expecting anything at all. Giving and for-giving childlike returns back immeasurably even from a strained relation,
So kill your ego and misunderstanding, misconceptions, misperceptions, misbehaviour and just keep shut a dirty mouth and leave habits of" missing, messing and masking emotions or actions.
Life literally changes by 180 and you can" reignite romance, love and sex" back in your and other's life just atm (anytime)
Letting go and speaking up or crying out is the best aphrodisiac and marriage problems solver says Dr. Vaibhav Lunkad
This green gourd may be bitter in taste, but is packed with so many benefits, people who use it swear by it. Whether it is diabetes or asthma, the green bitter gourd has helped in many ways. Read on to know some of the health benefits of this wonder gourd. Hope that makes you learn to relish it beyond its bitter taste.
- Weight management: 100 g of the vegetable contains just about 20 calories, and is one of the best low-calorie foods. Coupled with its other benefits (listed below), this should find its way to anyone wanting to improve overall health
- Diabetes: Karela has the chemical polypeptide-P which is also known as plant insulin. It works as insulin and helps in blood sugar control. A glass of bitter gourd juice is one of the most well-known and successful home remedies for diabetics.
- Rich in folate: Bitter gourds are rich in folates and one can get up to 20% of the recommended daily from about 100 g of this vegetable. Widely used in menstruating women and pregnancy to prevent anemia and blood iron levels. In pregnancy, it also helps reduce neural tube defects in the developing baby
- Loaded with antioxidants: Alpha and beta carotenes, xanthenes, and lutein. All these help in controlling the release of free radicals and reduce bodily inflammation. This is the most important reason for the development of diseases like diabetes, cancer, and premature ageing. Therefore, bitter gourd helps in preventing and/or prolonging the onset of these diseases. Another independent antioxidant is vitamin C, and about 100 g of karela provides more than 100% of daily required dose
- Good for digestion: Bitter gourd is widely used for its digestive properties. It improves mobility, relieves constipation, and reduces problems of indigestion
- Good for respiratory system: Respiratory benefits of bitter gourd include clearing up of sputum, improving breathing, and relief from cough. Widely used in asthma patients
- Blood purifier: It is an excellent blood purifier and juice consumed in the morning is one of the best ways to detox the body
Though still to be proven, karela is known to help HIV/AIDS patients, as they contain phytochemicals, which improve immunity and reduce overall infection and inflammation in the body
Methods of Use:
- Both the leaves and the bitter gourd per se can be consumed for their health benefits
- The juice is the most beneficial method, though it might take you some time to acquire this taste. Whether it is for weight loss or diabetes, this offers the best medicinal value
- Curries are usually prepared with karela in different styles depending on cooking preferences in that area
- It can also be baked, boiled, and fried. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.