Doctor in Seewoods Hospital
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Seewoods HospitalYour feedback matters!
Rheumatoid Arthritis is a degenerative disease that progresses over time. It generally affects the fingers, feet, wrists, and ankles. It causes immobility due to inflammation and stiffness as well as severe pain. This is an autoimmune disease where the body mistakenly ends up attacking the joints instead of attacking bacteria and other substances as it normally should. Severe cartilage damage can be caused if this condition is not treated on time, which can make the spacing between the bones even smaller than usual.
Let us find out how one can tackle this condition :
- Rest: While there is still no cure for this condition, one can take a number of measures in order to tackle it. One of the foremost ways of managing this condition is with the help of rest and relaxation. It is important to get plenty of sleep so that you can keep the condition from getting worse. There are a number of relaxation exercises that will help you in sleeping better, especially if you have been having trouble sleeping due to the aches and pains.
- Exercise: Depending on the doctor’s recommendations, you will need to exercise on a regular basis so as to keep the motion in your joints intact for as long as possible. Muscle and joint strengthening exercises include swimming, walking, and even gentle stretching that can help in reducing muscle fatigue. This can make your muscles stronger and increase the range of motions as well.
- Ointments and Lotions: One can turn to gels and lotions which can be topically applied. These can be prescribed by the doctor as well, so that the pain is soothed and temporary relief from pain and stiffness may be experienced. These are also available in the form of sprays. These ointments, gels or lotions usually contain camphor, menthol, capsaicin and salicylates.
- Fish Oil Supplements: Pain and stiffness can be significantly reduced with the help of fish oil, as per many medical studies. Before adding fish oil supplements to your food, you will need to talk to your orthopaedic specialist to find out if it may interfere with any medication that you may be taking for the condition or any other related disorder.
- Plant Oils: Plant oils are also known to contain fatty acids known as gamma linolenic acid, which can give much relief when it comes to pain and stiffness, especially in the morning. One must remember, though, that excessive use of this oil can lead to liver damage. So it is imperative to speak with your doctor or therapist before taking any plant oils.
- Medications: Aspirin and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can help in containing the pain and inflammation for severe cases.
In general, anterior cruciate ligament injuries, or ACL injuries, are understood to be tears in any of the several knee ligaments joining the upper leg bone and the lower leg bone. This can vary from minor injuries, such as small ligament tears, to more serious cases, like complete tears or when the ligament and one of the bones gets displaced from the other. These injuries usually occur during sports activities, like soccer, basketball, football, gymnastics, tennis, volleyball, etc. An untreated ACL injury can lead to a condition called an ACL deficiency. This can cause a lot of problems with regard to knee movements as the bones may rub against each other, causing a lot of pain. In some cases, the cartilage covering the ends of the bones may get damaged, eventually tearing and trapping the cushion pads supporting the knee joints.
Signs and symptoms of anterior cruciate ligament may include:
1. You are unable to move properly.
2. You experience immense pain while walking up and down stairs.
3. You are unable to engage much in physical activities.
4. Your knee begins to swell gradually.
5. You can sense a loud popping sensation when moving your knee.
6. You experience feelings of instability.
Anterior cruciate ligament injuries generally occur during :sports. Here are some common possible instances that might happen during a game :
1. Sudden arrest in motion
2. An unsteady landing from a jump
3. Direct blows to the knee from tackles
4. Sudden shifts in direction
Treatment of ACL injuries normally involves the following:
1. Immediate medical attention along with intense first aid care
2. Sincere adherence to the R.I.C.E model of self care -
- Rest: proper rest for a couple of weeks or months depending upon the severity of the injury
- Ice: using ice packs to help cool the nerves
- Compression: ice treatment further helps in compression
- Elevation: when lying down in bed, it is strongly recommended that you keep your affected leg at a slightly higher position, through the use of pillows or cushions
3. Success rehabilitative therapy for several weeks
4. Anterior cruciate ligament surgery or reconstruction
I have neck and shoulder pain from 20 days .numbness in hand too. Please suggest what to do? Also please suggest some good chew able multi vitamin in candy form for kids.
I have been suffering from slip disk problem at my L4S1 position for the last 5 years. Some times, I suffer from spondylosis problem, which become null when, I use neck color. I feel backache pain at my lower limb, specially left side, when I use to lift heavy weights or drive motorcycle continuously for a month for coming & going to office. Some times it become penetrating when I sit before computer system for a long time. At that time pain killer injections & tablets along with complete bed rest gives me relief. I take some exercises recommended by the Orthopedic Surgeon for keeping my body flexible. How it can be cured and what is the latest treatment.
Sir, I am 35 years Male with sitting n driving job. I have noticed that from last 2 years my back has become stiff and at a particular point a needle Like pain is felt. It makes cracking sound whenever I twist. Just like cracking of finger joints sound. Please suggest remedy. Thanks.
Sir when I am start a running after 2-3 week my leg is always pain when I am running continue So sir how can we relief this pain.
Ayurvedic treatment on CervicaI Spondylosis -
This is a disorder in which the discs vertebrae in the neck degenerate and so has a pulling pressure on the spinal cord in the neck.
Causes of CervicaI Spondylosis-
1) With aging, the bone of the spine overgrows and narrows the spinal canal in the neck. As a result, the spinal cord or the spinal nerve roots are compressed causing dysfunction.
2)Rheumatoid Arthritis, Ankylosing Spondylitis may also produce cervical pain and degeneration.
Symptoms of CervicaI Spondylosis-
1)Cervical degeneration is commonly seen after thirty years of age.
2)The characteristic clinical features are shooting pain and weakness.
3) Leg movements may become jerky or spastic in advanced stages.
Treatment principle according to Ayurveda-
- Joints are the seat of Kapha
- It is a vata kapha problem.
- The treatment management differs in acute cervical prolapse (avarana) and in degeneration (dhatu ksaya)
- Ousada gala -night (Urdva jatru vikaresu nisi)